FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New T.V

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Zito44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New T.V
    Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 11:20am
hey so i just got a new t.v for my bday today and my aim is way off i guess after all this time playing on such alittle t.v i am used to that? any suggestions as to why this is or how to fix it besides practicing and starting all over? lol
XBL GT: ZMO44
AKA M1NNoW
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Zito44

hey so i just got a new t.v for my bday today and my aim is way off i guess after all this time playing on such alittle t.v i am used to that? any suggestions as to why this is or how to fix it besides practicing and starting all over? lol

1) The main reason why your aim is off is because your perception is still used to a smaller screen. For FPS games you just have to play some more and you will get the hang of it. 

2) Try and mess around with sensitivity and you may actually have an easier time on a different setting with a larger screen.

Hope that helps but in all honestly a lot of people prefer smaller screen TV's because it is easier to get used to, especially when you are sitting quite close to it to pick up any far off pixels of enemies.

Zito44 View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zito44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 12:08pm
yeaah i mean the t.v is not much bigger but i think it being not as tall as my old one is creating an issue its only a 26 inch thanks for the advice ill try that hopefully i get my game back lol
XBL GT: ZMO44
AKA M1NNoW
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 1:30pm
oh boy here we go,, lol.  yeah ive talked about this alot, when i started i was on a 37" sd tv n my aim was 20/10, then when i went to 42" i had to drop it to 16/9 n it still took awhile to get used to...ended up getting a 52" n had to turn my sense's to 11/8.   thats a huge difference but your tv res n size makes all the difference in the aim for sure.  just going to have to keep playing with it but i can tell you my aim never got back the accuracy i had on the 42"......upgraded tv = downgraded aim for me lol
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
TheSeph View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheSeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:10pm
yeah zito just play best way to keep it going maybe the resolution is messing with ya idki switch from my 55in to 40 all the time only thing that gets me is where i sit while playing
GT:TheSeph QcP

PSN:TheSeph
DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:58pm
If you play on a bigger tv then you could keep your old sensitivity but move your chair, couch, whatever it is you're sitting on, back a little bit. If you sit the same distance and your screen is bigger, that means your head has to move more to cover the bigger vision. Don't listen to me too much though  because I play with my TV at an angle while recording a webcam 2 inches from it during tournaments; causing me to fall off maps constantly (Ask Penguin, Rican, and Philln)
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 9:42pm
worm <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 3:00am
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

oh boy here we go,, lol.  yeah ive talked about this alot, when i started i was on a 37" sd tv n my aim was 20/10, then when i went to 42" i had to drop it to 16/9 n it still took awhile to get used to...ended up getting a 52" n had to turn my sense's to 11/8.   thats a huge difference but your tv res n size makes all the difference in the aim for sure.  just going to have to keep playing with it but i can tell you my aim never got back the accuracy i had on the 42"......upgraded tv = downgraded aim for me lol

Oh god here comes the tv story.
I didnt even read it haha 
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 3:46am
give it 2 weeks and your aim will be fine. done.
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by puertoRICAN

worm <3
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

ha nah ill save it for another day,  but i forgot about distance where you sit from the tv makes a big difference too. 
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 2:23am

ha nah ill save it for another day,  but i forgot about distance where you sit from the tv makes a big difference too. 

I only care if i actually HAVE A SCREEN haha :P
Distance makes sense. If you sit 20cm with your head for you tv < your doing it wrong.
All other distances < your doing it right

You should check those amoled tv's that you can build in certain desks
You can actually sit in your chair, and kind of "look down" on your desk in your tv.
Not completly down, like diagonal. but if you keep it a bit low, your eyes actually focus alot more.

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Zito44

I noticed a drop in my aiming accuracy while playing Gears 3 when I got a larger screen.  It didn't really improve even after a few weeks of playing so now I use both.  If you kept your old small tv then use IT for "serious" gaming (clan matches etc) and use your big tv for everything else...

Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tatoos and pierced navels? O.o
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 12:52pm

Distance makes sense. If you sit 20cm with your head for you tv < your doing it wrong.

You can actually sit in your chair, and kind of "look down" on your desk in your tv.
Not completly down, like diagonal. but if you keep it a bit low, your eyes actually focus alot more.

Be careful with those paragraphs dark, penguin and sephiroth will think you care about this forum to much lol
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 1:04pm

So is that the same reason why older people look down at an angle with their glasses when they read something?

iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 1:25pm
Make sure to set your HDTV into Game or PC Mode to reduce input lag
This will disable all Post-Processing effect's your TV does to make the Image look better.
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

Be careful with those paragraphs dark, penguin and sephiroth will think you care about this forum to much lol

He didn't have an emotional break down when he wrote it, so its a normal post. But i see you need to continue drawing attention to yourself. I swear im gonna just have to start sending you flowers and giant teddy bears my love <3

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

He didn't have an emotional break down when he wrote it, so its a normal post. But i see you need to continue drawing attention to yourself. I swear im gonna just have to start sending you flowers and giant teddy bears my love <3

lol at that, im getting mad bro u better be careful. Im gonna rage hard no joke
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 5:32pm
please don't get mad.... ‎\m/..(◣_◢)..\m/
Heart

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 5:50pm
you two love birds need some background music for that trollin man love.

Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

LOLOLOL
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
 Post Reply Post Reply