Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Power-ups in a Duel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
FnA
FnA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power-ups in a Duel
    Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Zellot

and i getting tired of this sh*t man cause ya'll dueler  always act like someone just called your mother a b**** when they talk about your mode in any shape or form, and if you talk about warfare i don't care it's your fault if you don't like warfare but if you tell me it would be fair if you use this and not this not going to attack you, i going to say ok maybe your right or maybe your wrong and leave like that, but anyway i hate getting into arguements over a damn game later.

None of us are getting angry. We are just pointing you people into the right direction on how dueling is meant to be played. The only reason why people are getting upset is because of your post earlier. I believe you just got pretty damn personal with those attacks to deadaim...
name_is_clantag
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:28pm
Read that post again. I know what Strategy is, and it INVOLVES control of key items. Preventing ur opponent from gettin those items is a KEY element of dueling. But the argument was about why it's unfair to use shield belt but not DD. Zero, Zellot, or anybody else that feels this way, send me a friend request, and i'll duel u. Here's the thing: I won't grab the shield belt at all. no shield, no udamage. BUT, YOU must pick it up every time it spawns. Point i'm tryin to make? I'm mostly likely still gonna win. Now, if you were to grab udamage and just whore Stinger Primary, even if i have a shield belt on, i wouldn't last 3 seconds. I'm dead. I spawn, guess what? U still have udamage, and i have no armor or anything. Another easy kill. If i'm not mistaken, DD lasts for 45 seconds. On a map like Sentinel, the match would be over in no time. Shield belt shouldn't even be considered a powerup anyway. x.X
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:31pm
Have any of you guys read the rules of the forum?  
EK_Trendy View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote EK_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by XKaL1buR

Read that post again. I know what Strategy is, and it INVOLVES control of key items. Preventing ur opponent from gettin those items is a KEY element of dueling. But the argument was about why it's unfair to use shield belt but not DD. Zero, Zellot, or anybody else that feels this way, send me a friend request, and i'll duel u. Here's the thing: I won't grab the shield belt at all. no shield, no udamage. BUT, YOU must pick it up every time it spawns. Point i'm tryin to make? I'm mostly likely still gonna win. Now, if you were to grab udamage and just whore Stinger Primary, even if i have a shield belt on, i wouldn't last 3 seconds. I'm dead. I spawn, guess what? U still have udamage, and i have no armor or anything. Another easy kill. If i'm not mistaken, DD lasts for 45 seconds. On a map like Sentinel, the match would be over in no time. Shield belt shouldn't even be considered a powerup anyway. x.X

It lasts 30 seconds, but yeah kali speaks the truth
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Potorikan

why r u always buttin in when people r tryin to be civil about it...have u read this thread and tell me no ones being civil (besides the little bit of name calling) lol
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Potorikan

we cant move this to fists of fury.. thats your job :)
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:34pm
I"m not going to argue with you on this Rev.  we have rules.  Deragotory remarks are not allowed.  Try again some other time gents
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 10:15pm
YAY! now back to discussion.
name_is_clantag
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by RemY

Originally posted by _EnVy_

meant play duel without any pick ups, just dont see the point of armor in a 1v1 mode...

Did you read my posts at all?

nope, i read zellots and deadaims response to mine. im way to lazy to filter text...sorry, no offense...

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 10:47pm
Ehh.. it's just the ethics and I respected that, even though I didn't like it.. (even though I never understood see why Redeemer usage was wrong..  Unlike the U-Damage, it respawns every two minutes and only kills once.. or at least it should..)  I just took the usual bad losses and shut up.. (though I occasionally complained, mostly to myself..)  Of course, I eventually got tired of dueling and stopped all non-Instagib dueling altogether (I started this about a month and half or so ago..), since I personally prefer either the chaos and "mass" power-up usage of DM/ TDM or the vehicle modes.. or messing around offline.. with different mutators, custom maps, and bots.. along with the occasional titan match.. though Instagib dueling is another thing I'll do every so often..  Though....
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

Ehh.. it's just the ethics and I respected that, even though I didn't like it.. (even though I never understood see why Redeemer usage was wrong..  Unlike the U-Damage, it respawns every two minutes and only kills once.. or at least it should..)  I just took the usual bad losses and shut up.. (though I occasionally complained, mostly to myself..)  Of course, I eventually got tired of dueling and stopped all non-Instagib dueling altogether (I started this about a month and half or so ago..), since I personally prefer either the chaos and "mass" power-up usage of DM/ TDM or the vehicle modes.. or messing around offline.. with different mutators, custom maps, and bots.. along with the occasional titan match.. though Instagib dueling is another thing I'll do every so often..  Though....

well i respect the fact you can respect the ethic code even though you didnt agree with it, shows good character
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 10:58pm
holy sh*t! deadaim showing sportmanship in the fist of fury???

lol

EnVy must be earned"
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

holy sh*t! deadaim showing sportmanship in the fist of fury???

lol

yea we have more freedom to argue here, but we dont HAVE to argue, lol its not a requirement
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 6:14am
duel =/= tdm
If you don't like duel don't play it.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:38am
Too many times people find something to pick on or have a go at others in different modes. Since I've played ut3 I've played duel only about 100-200 times and I got taught/told early on not to use the UD.

In kali's set up of a duel where if I was to play him I would get stacked on health and he was average on health I think I would still lose.

Duel = amazing aim, map control and reactions. Of course more attributes are involved thats not up for debate but I'd never pick up berserk, UD or the redeemer now.

I did read a post by Bumrush where he said whenever there is a shield belt there is a UD to counter it. Sure if I was duelling and someone picked it up I'd be a little annoyed but its not the end of the world. Plus if you have your settings on so you can hear other players you can avoid them for 30 seconds whilst you go around picking up health.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 8:08am
uDamage/Redeemer destroy the point of map control/ 'strategy' in the first place.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 12:52am
Like dan said, if i hear UD, i'll just run away, an toss out random shock cores in reverse, but ive only dueled a few times an had plenty of ppl use UD an Deemer in DM! to be honest, im better without the shield belt, i guess the belt gives me a sense of faulse comfort, an when i have less than 30 health is when i shine!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Zito44 View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zito44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 4:44pm
well as you were sayin that if u pick up the damage that you just must be scared that you cant"dodge my rockets" and w.e else...but if  u think about it thats just the same as sayin that your scared your not goin to be able to land your shots on someone with a shield belt and that you need double damage to kill some1 if you do land your shots lol..having the shield belt does not change the way you play against that person just because your opponet has the shield belt that means your not going to be able to land your shots?...and it is pointless playin duel with no powerups because like some1 else was sayin it makes u move around the map and also many maps are pointless to play with no powerups like deck and shang not just because of the belt but also the boots
XBL GT: ZMO44
AKA M1NNoW
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 8:49am
Thing is... even if you do pick them up they last 30 seconds.. Your gonna spend half that time trying to find them and the other half chasing them.

Redeemer is every 2 mins, a good dueler won't get beat by a player using redeemers and ud. Also they control the maps anyway so if anything not being able to use these things means the noobs have more chance.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 9:04am
On deck and he has udamage? I'm gonna hammerjump up to some crates and spots on the levels which are excellent hiding spots - there are plenty.

Uh check the thread I just made as I didn't see this one lol.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 2:16pm
Even though I practice not using it, I still don't see that much of a problem with using the Redeemer.  In a 10 minute duel (like most, I think), it's only going to respawn 5 times and 7, in a 15 minute duel.  You could easily just take it (before they get it) and shoot it away, dodge, or deny it.  I had to do this in order to finally (Yes, I know I suck.) beat a Godlike bot in duel, fair and square. (no U-Damage usage or Redeemers on my part.)  When he got the U-Damage, I just used to sound to keep myself away from him whenever they got it, though I killed him once or twice, when he had it. (I didn't pick it up though.)
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 2:21pm
The redeemer is too much of a gamechanger destroying all health and a certain kill unless the one shooting it sucks. It destroys your belt, vest, boots etc which you've all been contesting all game long.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 1:58am
Originally posted by ninefive

Originally posted by Zellot

cause like i said in the beginning if you get something to alter your self hell it's only logical that i to get something to alter myself. and it has nothing to do about getting the shield belt first for the last time Ninefive you little b**** d*** sucking muther f**ker. its a fair match if it's skill vs skill. but i guess your to much of a pussy to play that mode w/o powerups, and you get offended easily

lol your whole complaint is about the shield belt you f***ing dimwit, put the crack pipe down.

you f***ing blow a** at ut3, why do you even waste your time playing it, let alone being a f***ing little girl on the forums "wahhh they keep getting these powerups that epic put all over the maps"

He far from blows a ss!  I find it funny, people who base other peoples value on "how good they may or may not be"!  I will refer to this condition as the Paweezy complex, your one of the top players, so you think you can bash people who you view as inferior (skill wise)!  I also highlighted a sentence from you, so you can reflect on the whole Udamage conversation, even though i dont want udamage at all in anymode!  Have fun loathing in hypocrisy!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Drokun

The redeemer is too much of a gamechanger destroying all health and a certain kill unless the one shooting it sucks. It destroys your belt, vest, boots etc which you've all been contesting all game long.
thats the point lol... but still all those stupd a** power ups in a 1v1??? wtf are you kidding me? its just f***ing stupid. that is why its the least played mode bc everyone with a brain knows it. lol they even made rules for this mode LMAO!!!
Originally posted by Drokun

uDamage/Redeemer destroy the point of map control/ 'strategy' in the first place.
nah that just sounds like someone trying to abuse control to me, but w/e =/

EnVy must be earned"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123