| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

impact hammer jump: a myth ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: impact hammer jump: a myth ?
    Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 3:09am

trying to improve myself, I made some research and found out some vids on youtube about high jumps with impact hammer. I never saw anyone performing such jump online, and I've never been able to do it myself (but I'm just a noob..:-) ..). Could some experimented players give me their opinion on that matter ? Is it working only on PC ? or on PS3 with mouse ? Thanks in advance for your comments.

OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 3:19am

Yup, they are. If you need help, hit me up and I'll get some players that can help you. It takes a lot of practice, but once you've got it, you've got it.

coolworx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote coolworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 3:28am
I cant do it...thats why I called it a GLITCH :)))) LOL
But Im open to learn it...if anybody can show it....???....

Cheers...
Coolworx

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 4:19am
Definately not a myth! Every single jump I've seen on youtube I've done offline/online.

Another 1 that is very good is to go from the redeemer back up to the bridge on suspense!

Good luck with getting it done, practise offline first. Most jumps are capable with using the correct jump boot method though.
LOL-i-ZER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 4:30am
Ok, thanks I'll.
so even "huge" jump like the follow ones are possibles ?

OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 5:10am
yes, they can be done, but realise that it will be a bit less distance on the jumps, but u can still do them. i do IH jumps quite frequently, good for gettn outta situations as long as u can afford da health hit
QuickRC View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote QuickRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 5:56am
;P do i hear peaple talking about HJ maby i show u guys some
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 6:20am
Originally posted by QuickRC

;P do i hear peaple talking about HJ maby i show u guys some

Do I hear people talking about IH jumps? Maybe he can show you guys some jumps.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 7:58am
Funny was that dude was taking no damage from doing those in the video!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 9:16am
If you do it offline there is less damage versus online.
only 25 vs 50. I think in PC if you do it offline its no damage.

They are all possible. I used to believe it was a myth too or only possible w KB/M in PC but with A LOT and I mean A LOT of practice (1 week every night offline, quite a bit of alcohol) Ive been able to hit almost all.

My favorite one is from the lower avril in SandStorm direct to the redeemer platform.

The only jump I can't do is from the side of the upper respawn in suspense to the Avril tower.
Anybody pull this off? TX?

LOL-i-ZER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 9:25am
I understand what was wrong in my training: no alcohol ;-)

OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 9:36am
yeah the 1st vid he had no damage mutator & pretty sure low gravity
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 9:37am
oh yeah i never use IH's cuz 2 me sum of them r useless i only use 1 in Confrontation thats it
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 9:48am
Originally posted by LOL-i-ZER

Alcohol ... the cause of ... and answer to all of life's problems.
A wise man once said. 

Once you learn side/wall dodge plus jump boot, IH jump becomes LESS usefull but not totally USE LESS. I find myself in the dome level of the lower Avril tower in SS quite often with only 1 boot left. Sure you could wait for a pick up but sometimes being able to hit the deemer platform from up there is nice.

Also in TDM, if you're having 'one of those days' and can't wall dodge to the Udamage in Deck or Turbine .... its handy option, and there's health right there to replenish. 

And remember in CTF there are no Boots! IH works nice.

TyroneJester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TyroneJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 12:57pm
could someone tell me the right mothod of doing wall jumps on the ps3 using the controller
You Have To Look Good!
Too Kill Good!
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 1:01pm
I only watched the first one and that one's basically impossible on console as we can only dodge sideways and not backwards. What he did is walldodge off, release hammer and then use boots.
edit: and he doesn't get damage because he probably turned godmode on in order to not be bothered with replenishing health.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 2:03pm
Drokun, u need to record me doing some IH jumps on VCTF.
name_is_clantag
hcruiix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hcruiix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Originally posted by LOL-i-ZER

Alcohol ... the cause of ... and answer to all of life's problems.
A wise man once said. 

Once you learn side/wall dodge plus jump boot, IH jump becomes LESS usefull but not totally USE LESS. I find myself in the dome level of the lower Avril tower in SS quite often with only 1 boot left. Sure you could wait for a pick up but sometimes being able to hit the deemer platform from up there is nice.

Also in TDM, if you're having 'one of those days' and can't wall dodge to the Udamage in Deck or Turbine .... its handy option, and there's health right there to replenish. 

And remember in CTF there are no Boots! IH works nice.

SPOONDOG but yea i suck at these IH jumps so if any1 has any human decency add my psn :D
psshhhh...yea i killt ya....how bout ya justify my thug!!!
LOL-i-ZER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 11:07am
thanks to your advices! I think I've made some interesting progress.

See my vid

OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 11:35am
keep in mind those other videos on necropolis are on pc.. the speed is noticeably faster.. im not sayin those jumps arent possible on console, im just saying you cant move as quickly.. 
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 11:55am
hammer jumps are easy, try hammer jumping from the top of the of the avril tower on sandstorm to the redeemer

i use hammer jumps all the time online they get you out of some sticky situations
LOL-i-ZER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 4:05am

Yesterday, JakeT111 came into a game I was in, and took his time to explain and show me IH jump.

That helps me a lot to see him closely doing IH jump.
I went offline and trained.
Now I got it, and I am able to jump directly from the bottom to the reedeeemer on both side. I tryed jump from Avril to Reedeemer, but I failed.
I'll keep training.
THANKS AGAIN TO THIS COMMUNITY AND TO JakeT111.
OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
LOL-i-ZER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 4:10am
a last message to give my NOOB experience to NOOB with my NOOB words:

get the boots
charge Impact Hammer max power
look at your feet
release impact hammer
in the same half second press jump
wait that you get at the top of your jump, to press again jump
note: don' t press repeateadly jump while taking off, otherwise, the second jump doesn't work (it took me time to get this point)
that it for a "medium ih JUMP
OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
LOL-i-ZER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 11:09am
after a lot of practice,  I know how to make all the IH jumps in Sandstorm.
But I still cannot manage to do the one directly from top of the Avril tower to the Reedeemer. I failed always to 1 m of the reedeemer zone.

Is there a special trick for this one?  thanks for your replies.
OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 11:10am
Nope its definately achievable... I'll try to make a recording later offline for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>