Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

a interesting idea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_HelRAzR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a interesting idea
    Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 9:48pm
so over these past few months ive thought this up, wat if we took all the top players to take time to make a team of noobs...say like 3 including themselves. we gave like a certain period of time 4 the top players aka the "teachers" to get their team ready for a big tourny. n all the teams face off. think about it..noobs plus 1 teacher would make 4 a conpetitive tourny. also it could help these noobs get better. having a teacher n it helps the noobs get involved in sumthing...just a thought...we could do all modes so every top player geyts in, in their favorite mode..wat u guys think? again this is just an idea :) lol but if this is a stupid idea, feel free to throw me in "idiot of the day"
YOUR FAILURE IS MY SUCCESS!! psn = theVIRUSofLIFE69
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_HelRAzR

so over these past few months ive thought this up, wat if we took all the top players to take time to make a team of noobs...say like 3 including themselves. we gave like a certain period of time 4 the top players aka the "teachers" to get their team ready for a big tourny. n all the teams face off. think about it..noobs plus 1 teacher would make 4 a conpetitive tourny. also it could help these noobs get better. having a teacher n it helps the noobs get involved in sumthing...just a thought...we could do all modes so every top player geyts in, in their favorite mode..wat u guys think? again this is just an idea :)

Or we could just use Ric0's PUG League idea. It could be the same as your idea but it is entirely in the hands of the team captain. Having your captain draft top players with decent players. Your team will be able to learn from the top player.
name_is_clantag
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:26pm
In theory a good idea... its what this community needs. In practice its almost impossible.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:57pm
It's pretty much what the TDM league is.. I play with the people on my team who actually play UT3.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 3:39pm
No its nothing like the TDM league at all.

He is talking about noobs... like totally sh1t players. TDM league is 99% experienced players.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 3:59pm
Any totally unexperienced player was welcome to sign up.
Also if you're only gonna pick the very worst of the worst you'll just make it boring as f*** for the decent players/teachers.
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_HelRAzR

so over these past few months ive thought this up, wat if we took all the top players to take time to make a team of noobs...say like 3 including themselves. we gave like a certain period of time 4 the top players aka the "teachers" to get their team ready for a big tourny. n all the teams face off. think about it..noobs plus 1 teacher would make 4 a conpetitive tourny. also it could help these noobs get better. having a teacher n it helps the noobs get involved in sumthing...just a thought...we could do all modes so every top player geyts in, in their favorite mode..wat u guys think? again this is just an idea :) lol but if this is a stupid idea, feel free to throw me in "idiot of the day"
I think your heart's in the right place on this but I'm afraid what Danjel8 said is probably true.  A really easy way to help noobs is to jump into their campaigns...I've done it many times when there aren't any people playing pubs. 
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Drokun

Any totally unexperienced player was welcome to sign up.
Also if you're only gonna pick the very worst of the worst you'll just make it boring as f*** for the decent players/teachers.

I would of signed up, but I didn't want to be deadweight.  I'm just too darn inactive on UT3 right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply