| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Reincarnation - What do u think about it ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reincarnation - What do u think about it ?
    Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 7:55am

I’m curious to know what you think about reincarnation.

How many of you think that this life is the only life they will ever know.

I have the inner conviction that our souls are immortal, that there is an after-life where everything is different, beyond our imagination. I’m also convinced that the souls have lessons to learn, lessons that couldn’t be learnt only in one life.

Our souls come in this world with “homeworks” also know as karma. They are given the necessary context to evolve and they are surrounded by dozens of “actors” (family, friends, colleagues, etc ..) which will play different roles they their lives, just as our soul in their lives. The souls have a tendency to reincarnate in the same social group, so someone who’s your mother in this life, might be your cousin in the next one or a friend, neighbour, girlfriend etc ..

Didn’t you ever have the impression that, the very 1st time you see someone, you already know that  person?

Well, I don’t know about you, but it’s hard for me to imagine that at my death there will be nothing left of me.

I could develop more, but I'm just "taking the temperature" for the moment

Paw View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 9:25am
good job you just started another religion debate....

:/
-Show me my Opponent-

valjohn View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 9:28am
it has NOTHING to do with religion !!!

and it can't be scientific neither (as it cannot be proved)
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 10:26am
val i hate to break it to u but reincarnation is part of a hindu religion, i forgot which one but it is a religion thing.
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Zellot

val i hate to break it to u but reincarnation is part of a hindu religion, i forgot which one but it is a religion thing.
Yea he is correct. it is Hindu religion...sry Val
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Paw View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 10:43am
Failasaurus rex
-Show me my Opponent-

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 12:15pm
reincarnation is pretty fascinating. if we were to keep being reincarnated over and over, we would get to experience so many more things in life. you may be poor in one life and rich the next, and so forth.

dejavu is one of the things that gets people thinking about this possibility.
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

reincarnation is pretty fascinating. if we were to keep being reincarnated over and over, we would get to experience so many more things in life. you may be poor in one life
Or worse yet, come back as Paw.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 1:26pm
yeah that would sux
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
valjohn View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 1:33pm
I agree that Hindus believe in reincarnation (like other religions too) ... how could I deny it?! It's a fact !! In the same time I found hard to believe that I was a pig or an ant in another life ... but why not ?!

BUT I don't want to start here a religious debate.

I'm a christian orthodox (almost the same as catholic religion) and my church denies everything about reincarnation though other ideas like life after death, final judgement day and blah blah blah are promoted.

I've read books about reincarnation and I remember that from the very 1st line I thought "yes, this is possible".
This might also explain the differences between us
- the fact that some are more preoccupied by the material life rather than the material one
- the fact that some of us are good persons while other are bad (low stage of evolution)
- the fact that some of us feel more concerned by their primitive instinct (sex, distruction, etc)  rather than more evolved ones (creation in all its different aspects, meditation, etc)
- etc etc etc
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 1:58pm
Well put Val..and whilst it forms part of the beliefs of certain religions it is definitely NOT a religious belief, more of an acient-cultural one. Celts, American Indians, Greeks all believed in reincarnation as well as Bhuddists, Hindus and Sikhs.
People think religion when u say re-birth but its not the same thing. Is it possible? Perhaps, there has been a few impressive cases of people with previous memories of someone who existed in the past. Usually these hidden memories have been revealed under hypnosis, how true this is??? Fk knows but i'm curious too!
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 2:00pm
"To promise eternity, religions restrict freedoms."

Jacques Attali

"Pour promettre l'Eternité, les religions restreignent les Libertés."      

Jacques Attali
valjohn View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Well put Val..and whilst it forms part of the beliefs of certain religions it is definitely NOT a religious belief, more of an acient-cultural one. Celts, American Indians, Greeks all believed in reincarnation as well as Bhuddists, Hindus and Sikhs.
People think religion when u say re-birth but its not the same thing. Is it possible? Perhaps, there has been a few impressive cases of people with previous memories of someone who existed in the past. Usually these hidden memories have been revealed under hypnosis, how true this is??? Fk knows but i'm curious too!

yep .. hypnosis is another proof that reincarnation exists (for me, at least). Under hypnosis people spoke languages that they never learned, give detailed description of places where they've never been and also (which amazes me most) describe scenes of lives they had in the past.

@ Dragov : It was not the right thread to post that, but you are right. Nowadays religion was deformed by the church in order to have a better control on the believers. Today, most religions are a business like any other, and that's a pity because they are destroying our faith. Parents don't teach their children about God anymore because they don't believe anymore in Him themselves. You cannot learn Faith at school and neither at church : each one of us has it inside when we are born and, according to the life context we have we choose either to lose it, to keep it in a sort of inertia state, or to develop it.
Fatal1st View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA

Rican's Ho

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fatal1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

reincarnation is pretty fascinating. if we were to keep being reincarnated over and over, we would get to experience so many more things in life. you may be poor in one life

LMFAO- that was classic, lunchy! LOL
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 8:36pm
what about petty trolls spending their time making alts to talk **** on the same damn website :/
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 9:15pm
There's always some troll or other :/

Well since Val asked... Wink

No reason why it can't be a scientific debate as well as a religious one since reincarnation is the exchanging of one body or form for another... the universe works based upon a similar premise only with energy and matter.  The theory of relativity tells us that energy and matter are interchangeable, and also that energy can't be destroyed but simply exchanged or converted from one form to another... then it stands to reason that reincarnation could be possible.  The main issue that I feel is more important is in order to believe in reincarnation you need to believe in the concept of "soul", to be able to define what "soul" or "a soul" is and how it could possibly be moved from one form to another... this is where you get into the realms of religion and blind faith.

I believe you live, you love, you die.  When you die your body decomposes and is absorbed by the earth to be used by plants and in turn small animals, larger ones after that etc... basically enters the food chain again (or it would if we weren't buried in cemeteries, or cremated).  After all, pretty much your whole body came from food either you ate or your mother when you were in the womb ate... makes sense to me it should end that way.  As for soul... not sure what I think about that.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Iuckshot

what about petty trolls spending their time making alts to talk **** on the same damn website :/
Haha, got ya there.  You better have some earth shattering comeback to that one, otherwise you'd be better off not posting anymore. 
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:27am
Mmm
i belive. In reincarnation. When my fisrt niece died since 2006 about mmm dunno how to say it in english a problem in the brain. After 2 years did born her sister and she do all that her sister done time before. My parents was impressed and many ppl and friends said: "God returned to you ur daughther", but really guys. She is doing the same like his sister, but she has his own diference. She is pretty baugthy and evil. Lol. She hit my little cats all time. Anyway. We aré happy. :D
i have no words to explain moré about it.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Paw View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:45am

hows my d i c k taste?
-Show me my Opponent-

Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Paw

hows my d i c k taste?
Not sure, since no person on this planet knows!
valjohn View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:10pm

Originally posted by Paw

hows my d i c k taste?

I would have said something a little bit more different like

"I don't know ... what does your mother says? "

Big smile j/k !! really LOL
DEMON_ON_SLAUGHT View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep

Post Options Post Options   Quote DEMON_ON_SLAUGHT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by valjohn

I agree that Hindus believe in reincarnation (like other religions too) ... how could I deny it?! It's a fact !! In the same time I found hard to believe that I was a pig or an ant in another life ... but why not ?!

BUT I don't want to start here a religious debate.

I'm a christian orthodox (almost the same as catholic religion) and my church denies everything about reincarnation though other ideas like life after death, final judgement day and blah blah blah are promoted.

I've read books about reincarnation and I remember that from the very 1st line I thought "yes, this is possible".
This might also explain the differences between us
- the fact that some are more preoccupied by the material life rather than the material one
- the fact that some of us are good persons while other are bad (low stage of evolution)
- the fact that some of us feel more concerned by their primitive instinct (sex, distruction, etc)  rather than more evolved ones (creation in all its different aspects, meditation, etc)
- etc etc etc

i think its harsh that you were born a hermaphrodite in this life :D 

valjohn View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 1:07pm
Don't worry Connie in the next one I'll be the tough guy who's gonna kick your skinny butt
Paw View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 1:32pm

Originally posted by Paw

hows my d i c k taste?

No seriously, hows my d i c k taste?

Lunchy just remember, your a small b i t c h...nothing more
-Show me my Opponent-

SYZGAY View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote SYZGAY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by RipDaJacker

Some people should never be reincarnated. Like 95% of the no life a ssholes on this e-harmony/gaming site.

Troll maybe... a good honest one though!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>