Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Scorpion! WTF!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Team NbK
Team NbK

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scorpion! WTF!
    Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 6:17pm
Alright... Here is the deal.
Everytime I just try to drive a Scorpion, and I drive "past" Someone else, they ALWAYS wanna selfdestruct me.
Why? What is the point of wasting a Scorpion just to selfdestruct a passing vehicle?
xNocTuRnuS-EXz_ForestTemple
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 6:17pm
easy kill.. lol I know what you mean, that happens to me all the time.. sometimes they miss too and that make me laugh.

What people don't know is that the main fire of the scorpion attacks like a magnet to anyone on a hoverboard, manta or viper.. you can see the ball or disc actually curve towards them, pretty easy to kill that way.
-NocTuRnuS- View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Jpinator

What people don't know is that the main fire of the scorpion attacks like a magnet to anyone on a hoverboard, manta or viper.. you can see the ball or disc actually curve towards them, pretty easy to kill that way.

Doesn't seem like most people even knows there is a main fire...
oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 6:33pm
ur stupid
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 6:35pm
I'd rather say that the people who does this is stupid.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 6:40pm
lol.. Aikgood has a point.. you dont know how many times I see people just self distruct the scorpion in Avalanche.. the scorpion is best used for taking down vipers and mantas.. especially around center node. 
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:03pm
But why wait to get killed by the other scorpion? just as well pull the trigger first. You may be able to kill flyin vehicles easier, but so can they, so if you let someone go by and dont do anything about it your just flat out dumb. Be like lettin an orb carrier pass you cuz your going to take center but hes still on his way to enemy prime. Yes the scorpion has a primary fire, but its not as effective... you'll get self destructed on way before you kill him. This isn't the sims, its a first person shooter game where you kill ppl. Just cuz you wanted to keep your precious race car shouldn't be the exception.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:22pm
It isn't really about killing people if you are in a Warfare match, is it?
I played Warfare on the PC version once, and I suck so bad at it, I can't kill anyone with m/kb.
Nevertheless I still got top score and won the game without killing people. I did what I was supposed to do. Cap nodes.

I still don't see the point of just mindlessly selfdestructing a passing Scorpion.
This is just as annoying as when people just drive around running people over with the Nightshade.
Might as well just kill everybody who translocate in Ctf too then?

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:28pm
Its not mindlessly and your just mad cause were better at it
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:28pm
nah seph i do see his point... its like the other person is driving towards an objectoive.. but then focuses all attention on some passerby that dont matter.. same annoying thing that like lets say im on suspence and im on the bridge.. and have enough health/armor and JB's to do a flag run and sometimes i dont wanna risk dying as i wanna just grab the flag as its nearing the end of the game... sooo when someone tries to kill me on the bridge... i jump down to the water and then the person jumps down and kills me from behind... sometimes veen when that person was previously in a vehicle.. so what like am i.. someone in the middle bottom of the map causing him/her no harnm at all worth jumping down and killing rather than going for the objective??... i hate it sometimes and when i die form behind whne ive jumped down and i think... what the hell was the point in doing that anywya?.. lol its dumb.. its just like... yeahhhh this random person is wayyy more important than the flag i MUST go down aftre him!!!!!!!!
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:29pm
lunacy ur being stupid...
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:31pm
Its actually alot of fun when scorpions go head to head on self destructs. You both eject almost at the same time and you have to look at where they are in the air for an easy mid air kill. I remember it happening to me on downtown, but i used flak primary and all the shards went into the other person mid air and he exploded (we ejected at the exact same time) . But its flak primary so it doesnt count as skill LOL

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:32pm
well killing people ultimately stops them from working towards their own objective and/or interfering with your teams objective  ;P 
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:38pm

thanks penquin u are right..... so if u have an objective dont you think they might have one too? so why let them get to there objective and use it on a node or whatever they are going to do with it.... why help the enemy, when u can kill the guy and take him out of the equation.

Matt the scene u described is something completely different.

Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:41pm
You guys can twist this subject all you want. It won't get less annoying and less meaningless anyway.
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:43pm
How is it twisting? you want to pass another scorpion on the road without doing anything..... lol

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:44pm
im a dumb ass but your just stupid stupid i say
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:44pm
What makes me laugh even harder is when people try and kamakazi when I'm walking or on my hoverboard and I just move out of the way and keep on going.. hahaha.. if someone can miss me with a scorpion then the guy's really not a threat LOL!!! 
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

How is it twisting? you want to pass another scorpion on the road without doing anything..... lol

Changing examples to Vctf:
If, let's say, my team has the flag and is about to get into base. Wouldn't you rather try to return it than to kill the scrorpion passing you?
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by NbK_Aikgood

You guys can twist this subject all you want. It won't get less annoying and less meaningless anyway.

you miss the point entirely, the mere fact that this pisses you off means that the enemy is doing their job by not letting you accomplish your goal with the scorpion, i mean honestly seph is right, are you going to play traffic warden on a map and hand out tickets for u-turns and failure to provide insurance after blowing your vehicle the f u c k up?!

Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:48pm

Changing examples to Vctf:
If, let's say, my team has the flag and is about to get into base. Wouldn't you rather try to return it than to kill the scrorpion passing you?

Id hit the scorpion before he kills me and then i would have no chance of stopping the flag carrier... just sayin.... gotta use ur head, its not all about one objective.

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:51pm
Well then lets say you both kamakazi at the same time.. and he flaks you in the air.. or a darkwalker peeks out of his corner and lazer tags you.. lol so many different situations could happen.. thought the game was VCTF not Deathmatch lol 
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:52pm
Either way ur going to die if u let him kill u or you actually fight to try and keep yourself alive, so whats the difference? keep em comin

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:53pm

Alright... Here is the deal.
Everytime I just try to drive a Scorpion, and I drive "past" Someone else, they ALWAYS wanna selfdestruct me.
Why? What is the point of wasting a Scorpion just to selfdestruct a passing vehicle?
if it's a good foot mode player then it's to their advantage to get rid of all of the vehicles so they can dominate an area without having to worry about the scorpions huge blast radius, tanks shells, etc. but the scorpions are definitely mis-used in Avalanche since there's no avrils at center node. another good way to use a scorpion is to sit in one where it spawns and let the enemy wander up to the node unaware. easy kill.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:54pm

Either way ur going to die if u let him kill u or you actually fight to try and keep yourself alive, so whats the difference? keep em comin

what? hahaha you dont get my point.. your main objective is to return the flag.. right?... but you would rather go try and kill someone first, wouldn't you want to return the flag? I mean im not a vctf player by no means but that sounds silly to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>