FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sick ass Vid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sick ass Vid
    Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:00pm
Ran into this after watching Dagons video, it was just posted in June. I've never seen it. If its an old video im sorry, but it has some sick ass frags in it. Talkin like phantaci and drokun style combos. Especially the combo at 3:00... 

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:09pm
that was sick
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:10pm
I barfed a little
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:13pm
ok "bad" ass vid... stop being so literal and watch the damn movie ;) lol

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:21pm
LOL I did watch it, I didn't want to repeat the word "SICK" so I used a Barfed.. it was insane! 
DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:23pm
Jesus.... Dude has a steady hand to be landing those shots... 
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:24pm
best frag movie everThumbs UpThumbs Up
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:24pm
0:57 until 1:09 is easy.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 10:35pm
before my internet went out an hour ago i tried posting " looks like cr4zy has been replaced" lol
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:02am
DAM... best kills ive ever seen in a vid 4 sure! some sh1t was just crazy
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:31am
awesome vid! great kills in there but the bit that i think was cool is when he fired the shock ball.. then shot nthe guy with shock primary to get the player in the path of the ball for the combo haha xD
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 10:23am
Impressive.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 10:27am
My face after seeing this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 10:31am
LOL
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 1:51pm
After watching it again I can't believe some of the kills lol
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 2:43pm
curious about all those head shots on longest yard,,  luck or mod?  other than that ya was pretty good, didnt think the rocket frags were that great tho
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

1. curious about all those head shots on longest yard,,  luck or mod?  other than that ya was pretty good, 2. didnt think the rocket frags were that great tho

1. I blame it on a Kb/m with a nice gamermouse :'(
2. What defines a good rocket frag ;)?
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
NoCare View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote NoCare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 2:29am
Frag video is almost two years old now and was made by an Argentinian community. I'm sorry to say this, but the player in the video is just above average on the PC. There are much, much more skilled players. Frag videos like this don't show a players consistency either.

If only 99% of the old UT communities didn't think UT3 was ****, then that would be something... good news is that Epic plans on making a fourth UT in the near feature(perhaps already working on it) and they will now focus on the PC version of the game first, rather than consoles. You can read about this here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-22-epic-weve-neglected-unreal-series

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-16-epic-games-working-on-five-new-titles

Darkness,  "a nice gamer mouse" is irrelevant. Most PC pro's(including myself) use either the 8/6 year old 1.1a or Intellimouse 3.0. BTW, one of the maps in the video is called Campgrounds, it's a very popular TAM/TDM/DM ut2k4 map which was ported to UT3, do you guys have it on the PS3 as well? Grendelkeep is another map which is one of the most competitive CTF maps. If there's a port of it, I'd highly recommend you guys try it.

Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 6:05am
Vid's been posted before but no one really saw it back then.
Also, this isn't just about skill, it's about being a video people are enjoying.

Over 99% insinuates that thousands of people would be playing every day if this title was more like UT2k4, and that just wouldn't happen. Especially on console, today's attention span allows for a new game every 6 months to a year tops, where all the kids who wanna go MLG move onto, leaving the older game to rot.

Obviously when they are working on 5 titles at the same time with the same amount of people it's unlikely all of these will be gears of wars and other titles they use to showcase their engine. One of the articles (which have been posted before) hints towards something, but by the time of writing that they might be starting to consider maybe working on a new installment - so that's still several years to go.

No one cares what mouse you use except for people looking to buy one - if you have a mouse with low dpi that's not our problem.

There's 2 versions of campgrounds but I personally don't like them, and don't think they're as good as campgrounds is in quake (where it was before ut2k4). Grendelkeep is on Ps3 but almost no one installs custom maps except if it's a pub map, and they just rotate the same 2-3 maps for literally years, due to this some better players don't have a lot more custom maps, but they are maps I'd rather play than campgrounds (such as cr4zy's maps).

I've played the PC version for a bit (never got into it because on the Ps3 version, I know people who keep me interested to play with), and aiming is just that much easier with good kbm support. I was hitting flying combo's everywhere as soon as I was even half-decent with a mouse. It's to be expected frags like that are a bit less impressive when you're not using a controller, it's still a pretty nice video.

Edit: Also, the video was posted on YouTube and the Epic forums the 26th of June (this year).
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 6:22am
"I've played the PC version for a bit (never got into it because on the Ps3 version, I know people who keep me interested to play with), and aiming is just that much easier with good kbm support. I was hitting flying combo's everywhere as soon as I was even half-decent with a mouse. It's to be expected frags like that are a bit less impressive when you're not using a controller, it's still a pretty nice video."

exactly drokun, ive never really seen kb/m players that more more skilled than console players, not by much if at all really.... sure good pc players are great fraggers and gets some amazing shots, but by using an imput method which has far superior aiming capabilities compared to a controller dont really count as being more skillful to me...
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 6:22am
the frags were amazing and it was a great video but I didnt like the music, I think whoever made it was trying to make it epic and it wasnt very epic but they have sum skills thats for sure
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 6:40am
Until you said something about the track I didn't realise he put something in between E.S. Posthumus's Unstoppable so they could make the vid longer :P I like the original though
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

"I've played the PC version for a bit (never got into it because on the Ps3 version, I know people who keep me interested to play with), and aiming is just that much easier with good kbm support. I was hitting flying combo's everywhere as soon as I was even half-decent with a mouse. It's to be expected frags like that are a bit less impressive when you're not using a controller, it's still a pretty nice video."

exactly drokun, ive never really seen kb/m players that more more skilled than console players, not by much if at all really.... sure good pc players are great fraggers and gets some amazing shots, but by using an imput method which has far superior aiming capabilities compared to a controller dont really count as being more skillful to me...

Put this in the UT3 Bible :'( jk :P
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
NoCare View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote NoCare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 2:00pm
It's like you wrote a post with the sole purpose of contradicting every statement I made. Unfortunately, I disregarded the majority of your ignorant(you're not very educated i.e. 99% insinuates thousands. I LOL'D) post as soon as I read this:

Originally posted by Iuckshot

if you have a mouse with low dpi that's not our problem.

>Implying using a low dpi(400) mouse isn't the preference for pro ut/quake/cs players. I lol'd. Clap

Thanks for the bit about the maps though. It's a shame that the ps3 community seems to be quite dull.

Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

That's an awful exaggeration. Yes, it is true that once you adapt to using a mouse your aim should improve, but it isn't a guarantee either. Hitting combos becomes difficult, even with the mouse, when you're under pressure(being shot at) and there's very few who can do it consistently. Just because you can hit 3/5 combos while bunny hopping/jumping off lifts that doesn't amount to anything and requires very little skill.

If you took the top 50 duelers on pc, they would beat the best console dueler without sacrificing a death. Not only do they have much better aim, but because they've been playing for almost 12 years, they are much more intelligent as well. If the mouse is so easy, as you claim, then why don't more players on the PS3 take advantage of the m/kb support? It's simply because they can't adapt. For the record, consoles = aim assist. It plays some role in almost all of your kills.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 2:23pm
^^^ i agree with the above statement but i will add this..aim assist doesnt help too much (for controller only for the most part it does but most people dont really notice the game is helping them cause they are too blind to see it) but if using mouse on ps3 the aim assist will screw you up badly. moving combos from a closeish distance..forget about it. Keep in mind one huge thing about ps3...huge hitboxes which makes things extremely easy but again..people wont realize how big the hitboxes are until playing a different version with smaller hitboxes. I will not say that the ps3 doesnt require some sort of skill...just no where close to pc...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>