| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tournaments For A Dead Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Which of the following would like to see happening?
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [9.68%]
5 [16.13%]
1 [3.23%]
22 [70.97%]

Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tournaments For A Dead Game
    Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 3:07pm
As many of you may know, this community (as small as it is) is still very competitive. The forum brought to us by former SMP players like Two Phase and Prodigy (now team IAM for the most part) has kept us around. With a few successful duel tournaments, and one failed VCTF tourney with qM and AR pushing aside the epic and debatable Finals, it has been noted that tournaments still occur after the fact.... Vedakid re-energized players with a wonderful 8 team CTF tournament with a generous $200 cash prize OUT OF HIS POCKET. FnA along with Killingspree has granted players with cash prizes, and W-o  p r has granted players with cash prizes and a computer built from his own wit. 

Aside from all of this chit chat, our point to get across is, in order to keep that prestige that we took so long to attain, we have to give back; the same way that these people have given back. The first thing you think about when VCTF comes to mind is what?  --> Chris, Arkos,Aqua, DOD, Silly... how about all of AR??? When you want to host a room, who do you go to? BAIN right? What a wonderful job he has done for us. Everyone knows you have to pay monthly to keep dedicated servers running. That stuff isn't cheap. It adds up. qM wants to be recognized in these ways also.

Teams with more than 2 of the same clan members will have to be discussed depending on the mode. If we can get enough feedback from a certain number of clans, these tournaments (besides the duel) will be CLAN based tournaments. WE would like to stray from that and mix up people  because you will have more competitive play and multiple outcomes..

*To skip to the end, I would like to let you all know that another tournament is on the horizon for 2011. Whether it is hosted by myself, or a collective group, it is going to happen. Please, if you could pick one of the following without doubling up with alt accounts haha, it would be greatly appreciated. There won't be bull either. Cash prizes will be routed to someone trustworthy like Jpinator who will distribute the money so that there is no going back.     
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 3:10pm
I'm down easily for some tdm action I would love to play some of that
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 3:17pm
Can I play?
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:03pm
I'll hold your money Smile
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:20pm
I'll hold JP  Wacko
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:49pm
And ill watch..
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:54pm
as long as ur paying were playing! Crow what modes do u prefer? JP suggests domination but im not comfortable with that being broadcast! The team modes well theyre too crowded for me, things might get messy! I nominate duel and we can get someone to live stream to ur living room at 2 dollars a minute! waddaya say?
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 7:33pm
TDM sounds good. Quick games so that the entire tourney can be played in a day or two. And we could use some custom maps.
DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 7:56pm
Yeah TDM would be something we haven't really done. I want to also stress people to try out domination with bots to see what it is. I know many people that don't understand the concept of that mode, but it can get REALLY competitive if you have only 3 or 4 people per team with various capture areas on the maps...

OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 8:00pm
Domination is easy to me. It's similar to Black Ops.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 8:13pm
vctf random teams plus! live steam??? omg EPIC TO WATCH!! make it happen PLZZZBig smile
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 8:14pm
u speak 4 urself oneman some of us r more reserved Embarrassed
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by iAM_HoPe

vctf random teams plus! live steam??? omg EPIC TO WATCH!! make it happen PLZZZBig smile
how about....no.. good try though..
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 8:47pm
TDM.. Crow, Incremental & Me. LoL
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:04pm
Lmfao trying to redeem urself from back in the old days hahah
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:11pm
I'd play tdm tourny for sure, but remy or it was rico i think try'd that b4 and it failed due to too many people not showing up, how ever there was no cash prize is also why i think people gave up...
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:18pm
Well I mean like Bain said, TDM can be finished in a day, and if the teams are small enough, that means more teams will be available to create....And if it wasn't a clan based tourney, more of us can spread out and mix into other groups, which also makes more teams in the end. I am currently talking to Vedakid on other ventures. He has also agreed to host this future tournament collectively. If you want other options guys, let us know!!!  Even another CTF tourney with new maps only? Throw us PMS! or post on here. 
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 4:10am
Good idea Worm bro. Would be even better to make this thread when it actually happened ^^

Would love to see some CTF and TDM action on custom and remade maps (Deflection ^____^ *wink wink*)

If you need any help with anything just pm me bro :) Im a second degree Network Engineer in IT so I might help you installing custom maps on dedi's or stuff like that ;)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 12:04pm

worm.. make a tdm tourney, make qm the hosting clan. ill chip on the prize pool. and ill play

WaR View Drop Down
Team PRO
Team PRO

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 12:09pm

TEAM PRO IS DOWN WITH TDM X)

WAR
CARLANGASBOX
HEMLOCK

SUB
THREE-ELEVEN
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 12:31pm
Domintion would be fun but i don't believe that they have fixed the bug that prevents multiplayer games. i made a post about it on the epic forums and they said that it hasn't even been fixed for the PC version.
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

worm.. make a tdm tourney, make qm the hosting clan. ill chip on the prize pool. and ill play

YOU WON'T PLAY.. NO YOU WON'T.. DON'T MESS WITH ME DEAD.
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by BAIN

Domintion would be fun but i don't believe that they have fixed the bug that prevents multiplayer games. i made a post about it on the epic forums and they said that it hasn't even been fixed for the PC version.

Okay thanks for the heads up. I think Veda and I are deciding on another CTF tournament.. I would still be up for hosting a TDM tourney since it seems to be a favorite so far.. 
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:39pm
we could still use some of the Dom maps for TDM though.
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:46pm
warfare would be fun i miss the b-team
shine on you crazy diamond
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>