Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Downloading Maps Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team GOML
Team GOML

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote RUSH_CHOCHY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Downloading Maps Help
    Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 8:43pm
i've been able to download maps for a while now but i tried to dl some today and when i tried to import the to my ps3 it said " file contains no data" or something like that??? im doing the same things i did with my other maps and using the same usb but this problem keeps coming up, and yes i've made sure its in my usb and i've sent it there myself.... 
http://chochy.tumblr.com/ Follow :)
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 8:49pm
is it in a folder on the USB?
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 8:50pm
It could be alot of things, Ill try and name the most common ones.
1. make sure its a correct USERDATA.JAM file (so that means, no USERDATA (1).JAM or USERDATA-MAP or somethin else. File has to be that specific name to work. Double check that.
2. Stupid one, but I also bumped into this once. Double maps?
3. I couldn't think of anything else then a either corrupt USB drive (< from PS3) or USB stick. I myself use an USB hub which adds 8 extra slots to my PS3. If you use that, try checking that. Otherwise, try putting it on a different USB and try reading it.
4. Cook file is definitly corrupt or not cooked well. You might search the .ut3 file and pass em to me. Ill see what I can do.

Hope this helps man. Cannot think of anything else more atm actually

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by BAIN

is it in a folder on the USB?

Good one, missed this.
Had this problem before, put my maps in a "UT3 maps" folder on my drive.

Bleh n00by..
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
RUSH_CHOCHY View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote RUSH_CHOCHY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

It could be alot of things, Ill try and name the most common ones.
1. make sure its a correct USERDATA.JAM file (so that means, no USERDATA (1).JAM or USERDATA-MAP or somethin else. File has to be that specific name to work. Double check that.
2. Stupid one, but I also bumped into this once. Double maps?
3. I couldn't think of anything else then a either corrupt USB drive (< from PS3) or USB stick. I myself use an USB hub which adds 8 extra slots to my PS3. If you use that, try checking that. Otherwise, try putting it on a different USB and try reading it.
4. Cook file is definitly corrupt or not cooked well. You might search the .ut3 file and pass em to me. Ill see what I can do.

Hope this helps man. Cannot think of anything else more atm actually

1. yea its called Userdata.jam
2. double maps??? (i deleted everything from the usb)
3. i've tried on 3 different usb drives and 2 mp3's so i doubt is that.
4. maybe because im trying to get incinerator-le and some of the links are old and don't work...
 and bain is not in a folder 
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 11:18pm
It needs to be in a folder

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 12:40am
no. the userdata.jam file needs to be in the root of the usb drive. in other words, when you open the usb drive you should see the file without having to open any folders.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 12:42am
@ chochy: is there already a userdata.jam file on the usb drive? if so then you need to make sure that you overwrite and save. i've had a problem with that before.

and remember, only one file at a time on the drive.
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote RUSH_CHOCHY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 7:58am
Originally posted by BAIN

@ chochy: is there already a userdata.jam file on the usb drive? if so then you need to make sure that you overwrite and save. i've had a problem with that before.

and remember, only one file at a time on the drive.

yea as soon as i click usb it opens up and its in the main thingy ( i don't have to click anything to see it) and i delete the maps after i install them.... ill try with defelction when its finished maybe the maps im trying don't work anymore???
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 6:01pm
sounds like a corrupt or empty USB (but u will know that if u use it elsewhere) or more likely corrupt downloaded files. Check size of finished file against its expected size. maybe DL a file from iAMgaming link cos u know its good.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 6:05pm
chochy what are you trying to download? maybe it requires extracting or something 
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote RUSH_CHOCHY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 6:12pm
incinerator-LE
 Post Reply Post Reply