Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Top 100 Video Game Weapons of all Time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 100 Video Game Weapons of all Time
    Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 6:39am
Weapons are central to the gaming experience, offering infinite and imaginative tools to wield, waste and destroy. The best in-game weaponry is a topic often debated here at IGN. What is the ideal weapon in any given situation? Which guns, swords, knives and wrecking balls stay in the memory? Which characters are so closely allied to their gear, that separation is unthinkable?

The IGN team decided to create a list of the Top 100 Video Game Weapons. As always it's a good idea to be clear on criteria. First up, we didn't want to include anything that originated in comics or movies. We've seen items like the lightsaber appear on a lot of lists, but it has no place on a list specifically about video game weapons. Major items like Batman's Batarang are undeniably cool, but because it originated in the Batman comics it's ruled out.

The weapons you're going to see here aren't necessarily from the best games of all time, but they're unique, tell a story, are awe inspiring, or they just made us say "wow."

The fun begins on Monday, March 26th so be sure you come back to see entries 100 - 81. Every day after will see another 20 weapons added to the list as we head to our number 1 video game weapon of all time. Be sure you bookmark this page and check back everyday so you don't miss out.

p.s I will add the video's everyday to this thread so keep an eye on it.
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 1:01pm
i seen a impact hammer in there
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
RpZ-Xot1Cz View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote RpZ-Xot1Cz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

i seen a impact hammer in there

DONT FORGET THE FLAK!!

im tired.
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 1:20pm
i didnt seen it in there
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 3:09pm
Keyblade > All

also some others, 
Ryno from R&C, probably going commando's
Portal Gun
Auger from Resistance
Amaterasu's Brush from Okami
Fatman from Fallout 3
and Shock Rifle  (;
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 6:24am
http://uk.ign.com/top/video-game-weapons/100

go on that link to watch the videos's
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 6:34am
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

Keyblade > All

also some others, 
Ryno from R&C, probably going commando's
Portal Gun
Auger from Resistance
Amaterasu's Brush from Okami
Fatman from Fallout 3
and Shock Rifle  (;
Redemer>Fatman.
Also, Shock Rifle has to be on this list......soo versitile.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 4:37pm
Black Ops RC-XD car above Portal Gun?

DUMBASS IGN STRIKES AGAIN
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:08pm
the ripper from an earlier ut3. it shot saw blades that you could ricochet against the walls and floor.
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 5:56am
Originally posted by BAIN

the ripper from an earlier ut3. it shot saw blades that you could ricochet against the walls and floor.

You could get Headshots with the ripper and it was alway funny getting them becuase they were just pot luck most of the time, I use to use the Ripper on Coret all the time in CTF on UT99 :P
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 10:19am
That IGN list annoys the heck out of me, hate visiting another page to view each weapon, then waiting for the ads and video to load.. I don't have the best internet connection and it would take me hours to get through that list. Any UT3 weapons in there? if so gimme the number!! 
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:56am
Originally posted by BAIN

or the good ol' Razorjack from Unreal <3

I'd vote for U-damage amped redeemer. I like it's... precision.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:09pm
I can't wait to see where the Alpha Cannon is.  The RYNO might of still been more powerful overall, but in terms of raw power per shot, it was the only gun to eclipse it in Tools of Destruction.  It better be on the list.  Also, I am disappoint about Mr. Zurkon and the Portal Gun.  They deserve better, especially since the latter can be used to kill teammates and take out sentries with portals. (also through the use of those energy balls, other turrets, the death water, etc.)  How is that not offensive?
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 7:03am

wow that noob was going hard on those novice bots :D
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 7:09am

The Master Sword >
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 7:23am
Master sword on number one.. pff.. I like LoZ but Dante's Rebellion > ALL!!!!!
Right Hunt?

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 7:35am
"Killing Spree"... *shivers*

havent heard that in awhile
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 8:22am
Originally posted by JPINATOR

"Killing Spree"... *shivers*

havent heard that in awhile

Just press play over and over.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 7:18pm
The RYNO definitely belongs up there, but it could of been a little higher, like top five higher.  I love the little tune in A Crack in Time.
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:57pm
Blade of Chaos > everything
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
 Post Reply Post Reply