Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

President Obama vs Mitt Romney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: President Obama vs Mitt Romney
    Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:35pm
Lets not even talk about Obama care because that is the health plan obama basically adopted for our country from what Romney did in Massachuets the same state he braggs so hard on. The only reason this guy is so inconsistent is because his campaign contributors will mostl likely pull their funding if he doesn't do what they feel is in their best interest. I believe a lot of Romneys principles are similar to Obama and he proved that point in the last debate. If Romney does get in office I pray he does do good for the country, but I think obama should finish out his term because he has done good for many people. At the same time he has come up with a lot of great ideas  but whenever he tries to execute them he gets blocked by republicans. Anyways we will see whoever wins this election I hope they do whats best for everyone and not cater to one specific class.
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Chisox, I hate to break it to you, but every "forecast" that these plans and budgets are built off of are speculative. However, there are trends and history to support certain claims. Here's how lowering taxes helps the economy - First it puts more money into people's pockets - Since they have more money in their pockets, they buy things like houses, cars, video games, movies, vacations, etc. (all the crap that noone needs, but wants) - Since almost aevery sale transaction is taxed by the US Government, it in turn leads to more transactions, thus more tax dollars being pulled into the Government - That means the Government will have a higher net tax draw than the previous year. This is a known fact that lower taxes will work this way. Hence why Romney proposed it. So here is the offset. It's not just tax loopholes and deducations. They took averages of percentage increases generated by tax decreases over the course of the past 4 years (especially during Reagan's time). Their analysis shows that by decreasing taxes by 20%, it will raise more than $2T than the revenue that the Government is currently taking in. Then you get rid of Obamacare and close loopholesand deductions and what do you know, it is deficit neutral. Deloitte conducted the forecast and this was their determination. Feel free to read through the almost 1000 pages of analysis they conducted on this.

As for the 9% corporate tax reference, you do realize that corporations actually have to make money in order to have taxable income? Do you realize that most corporations are in the red over the past 3 years? Stating the average corporate tax rate is simply skewing the picture. Now if Apple and Exxon were paying that much, I'd be outraged. But when you have 75% of corporate America in the gutter, what taxable income is their to pay taxes on? Can you please show the 10 companies you are talking about? I'd like to look them up.

If I google "corporate profits", this is the first hit http://www.businessinsider.com/corporate-profits-just-hit-an-all-time-high-wages-just-hit-an-all-time-low-2012-6.

I completely understand the economics behind the picture you paint in regards to lowering tax rates and how it will stimulate the economy while still drumming up tax revenue for the Fed (given that people actually spend the extra $ tax cuts will generate). I know you referenced 1000 pages of a certain study to support your arguments, but I definitely don't have the time to go combing through them! Can you reference the studies that state tax revenue will be higher for the Fed (via the situation you described) vs what the Fed would pull in if they just raised the upper income tax rates? I'm pretty sure Obama only wants to let the Bush tax cuts expire (on 1/1/13) on the two top brackets, but keep all the lower brackets the same as they are now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the overall gist of what you're saying is that the economy will be better off by tax cuts for everyone. The extra cash that the wealthy (initially) gets to keep from Uncle Sam will either get pumped back into the economy via spending or investment, the latter of which will produce jobs. In a nutshell, is my analysis of your views on the right track?

get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

I actually like hearing King's and Feh's points. It's what makes America great. We throw a bunch of ideas out their and we hope to choose the best one.

Yeah, the ones from the guy currently president at the moment or the ones from the other one

:P
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Sk-iller

Originally posted by Deadaim

Not even Jesus could fix the U.S in four years.

the UK is fkd beyond repair.

meanwhile the USA still runs the entire f***ing world.

so yes.. I see your envy.

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"><font face="Calibri">where did you learn that, in prison? Probably some documentry trying to make Americans feel good about being American

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"><font face="Calibri">Our economy is in better shape than all our european
neighbours and our social structure isn't built on slavery and racism. <o:p></o:p>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"><o:p> </o:p>

<font face="Calibri">The U.S.A is now playing second fiddle to the likes of China
and it's trading block, you've admitted defeat in the middle east and have
retreated to Asia. Tell which parts of the world you run?<o:p></o:p>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"><font face="Calibri">In all seriousness America was the leading light of the world
under Clinton. Not by an iron fist but by the example of moral integrity that you
and you allies (Great Britain included) lost, by chasing the black gold in the Middle
East. Were you advising Bush on foreign policy? I knew some mindless thug was.

<font face="Calibri">
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"><o:p>And no we don't envy America we fear it. We fear the mindless bible belt and idiotic texans who blast first and ask questions later. We fear another Bush!</o:p>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"><o:p>The biggest threat to world peace isn't North Korea or Iran, it's YOU! And what nuts is people like you, who think with their d*** and their wallet actually run for President & win. </o:p>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"><o:p></o:p>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;">

Skiller i understand why you think Clinton is such a good guy, and i even understand why you think the bible belt is the problem in America, but your wrong about both my friend... a propaganda campaign against Christians has been going on for years all around the world... i only ask that you research the truth for yourself before you continue to believe it... first off you need to understand who controlls all the large media outlets... its certainly not bible belt christians... secondly you need to realise that the only power that bible belt christians have is our vote.. thirdly you need to realise that 10's of millions of dollars are spent to stop true conservitive candidates from being elected... fourthly you need to realise that christian conservatives are against war and for peace

in short its not the bible belt christians that are responsible for the wars in the middle east... the Bush's certainly aren't bible belt christians... Obama certainly isn't a bible belt christian, so why in the world would anyone think that bible belt christians are responsible and are any kind of threat? could it be the propaganda war against christians? i'll let you answer that for yourself my friend    

bible belt christians aren't rich or powerful Skiller... we are average every day people that try to live a decent life and raise our children in a free country... thats as simple as i can put it Skiller, and its the truth

Romney is rich and he's not a conservative, but he's all we have to vote for other then Obama

Ron Paul was our guy, but he got crushed by the mainstream media and deemed un-electable by the republican establishment... take a look at him and see what you think Skiller... he's totally antiwar and a great economist
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 10:12pm
I agree Ron Paul was a good choice. I would have loved to see him run against Obama.

But Obama still crushes Romney in every way. The third and last debate proved it. He was called on every lie and every inconsistency. Romney will say and go with whatever people want to get the vote.

And whenever Obama does or looks bad, the republican mainstream will feed on it like greedy hyena's, but whenever it's Romney that is doing and looks bad then the Republican mainstream calls it as "ow well, he actually didn't mean it that way.".

The bull**** is hitting the fan damnit.

The reason I am all for Obama is because the way Romney and his campaign is handling this. It's all focused on Obama's flaws and bads. While Obama actually wants to sit down together with the Republicans to move forward, but they will be damned to do that. "Whatever it takes to be President" should be the key slogan for Romney.

Maybe it's getting old saying that Romney is so inconsistent time after time after time and that he has a rich father, that he invested in the wrong companies. The only thing Romney is able to do is keep badmouthing Obama and tell general stories where Obama keeps coming out with decesive arguements and facts.

But if that's old then I don't want to keep seeing the same old arguements made against Obama.

I have yet failed to hear points why Romney should be president, every answer so far has been redirected to Obama.

Either way Romney is not going to win.
PaulGranger21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PaulGranger21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Supreme_Venom

I agree Ron Paul was a good choice. I would have loved to see him run against Obama.

But Obama still crushes Romney in every way. The third and last debate proved it. He was called on every lie and every inconsistency. Romney will say and go with whatever people want to get the vote.

And whenever Obama does or looks bad, the republican mainstream will feed on it like greedy hyena's, but whenever it's Romney that is doing and looks bad then the Republican mainstream calls it as "ow well, he actually didn't mean it that way.".

The bull**** is hitting the fan damnit.

The reason I am all for Obama is because the way Romney and his campaign is handling this. It's all focused on Obama's flaws and bads. While Obama actually wants to sit down together with the Republicans to move forward, but they will be damned to do that. "Whatever it takes to be President" should be the key slogan for Romney.

Maybe it's getting old saying that Romney is so inconsistent time after time after time and that he has a rich father, that he invested in the wrong companies. The only thing Romney is able to do is keep badmouthing Obama and tell general stories where Obama keeps coming out with decesive arguements and facts.

But if that's old then I don't want to keep seeing the same old arguements made against Obama.

I have yet failed to hear points why Romney should be president, every answer so far has been redirected to Obama.

Either way Romney is not going to win.

ever heard of Clintn News network? i mean woops CNN?

yea every media station is liberal EXCEPT 1, fox news
www.nambla.org
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 11:02pm
my point was about the bible belt Venom... Romney isn't a perfect choice, but you have to see by now that Obama is a terrible Presedent just like Bush was, and that he has a major agenda that doesn't coinside with the United States Constitution just like Bush did... its the exact same agenda... tax policy alone wont do anything to save the economy, and you can't trust that either will do exactly what they say they will do in regards to taxes, because they get advised by wallstreet economists, so whats the big difference in the 2? The Constitution of the United States of America... its what protects us all as citizens... Bush and Obama have both went against the constitution, and that alone disqualify's anyone from being Presedent of the United States of America

when your sworn in you have to take an oath to abide by the our constitution... every right we have as citizens is written in the Constitution

the Consttution its a guage into the charictor and intentions of a Presedent... going against the Constitution is going against the citizens that your sworn to protect

it can never be justified or the rule of law gets blured and starts to crumble and citizens start to suffer from all types of opression and loose their basic freedoms

i honestly hope that everyone that votes votes wisely... i also hope that if Romney is elected he doesn't make a deal with wallstreet that we have to pay for

Sk-iller View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sk-iller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 8:18am
Originally posted by SIZZLE

Originally posted by Deadaim

Not even Jesus could fix the U.S in four years.

the UK is fkd beyond repair.

meanwhile the USA still runs the entire f***ing world.

so yes.. I see your envy.

where did you learn that, in prison? Probably some documentry trying to make Americans feel good about being American

Our economy is in better shape than all our european
neighbours and our social structure isn't built on slavery and racism.

The U.S.A is now playing second fiddle to the likes of China
and it's trading block, you've admitted defeat in the middle east and have
retreated to Asia. Tell which parts of the world you run?

In all seriousness America was the leading light of the world
under Clinton. Not by an iron fist but by the example of moral integrity that you and you allies (Great Britain included) lost, by chasing the black gold in the Middle East. Were you advising Bush on foreign policy? I knew some mindless thug was.
And no we don't envy America we fear it. We fear the mindless bible belt and idiotic texans who blast first and ask questions later. We fear another Bush!
The biggest threat to world peace isn't North Korea or Iran, it's YOU! And what nuts is people like you, who think with their d*** and their wallet actually run for President & win.

Skiller i understand why you think Clinton is such a good guy, and i even understand why you think the bible belt is the problem in America, but your wrong about both my friend... a propaganda campaign against Christians has been going on for years all around the world... i only ask that you research the truth for yourself before you continue to believe it... first off you need to understand who controlls all the large media outlets... its certainly not bible belt christians... secondly you need to realise that the only power that bible belt christians have is our vote.. thirdly you need to realise that 10's of millions of dollars are spent to stop true conservitive candidates from being elected... fourthly you need to realise that christian conservatives are against war and for peace

in short its not the bible belt christians that are responsible for the wars in the middle east... the Bush's certainly aren't bible belt christians... Obama certainly isn't a bible belt christian, so why in the world would anyone think that bible belt christians are responsible and are any kind of threat? could it be the propaganda war against christians? i'll let you answer that for yourself my friend    

bible belt christians aren't rich or powerful Skiller... we are average every day people that try to live a decent life and raise our children in a free country... thats as simple as i can put it Skiller, and its the truth

Romney is rich and he's not a conservative, but he's all we have to vote for other then Obama

Ron Paul was our guy, but he got crushed by the mainstream media and deemed un-electable by the republican establishment... take a look at him and see what you think Skiller... he's totally antiwar and a great economist
'we are average everyday people that try to live a decent life and raise our children in a free country'
& I would add 'with the moral backbone of Christianity to ensure that life stays decent and free'. I respect the ideals that you have stated are of the purest intent & that we and most human beings share those same ideals.
As a catholic with a very traditional background I can assure you I wasn't trying to bash Christians it's just that over here most Americans are portrayed as having limited intellect on anything that happens outside the US, especially the 'Bible Belt' who think being Christian and American is divine. For God sake you got the Mormons who up until 5 years ago taught that being black was a curse from God. If someone can believe that sh!t then they can be made to believe anything. It F u King scares me!

Anyways I was just telling DEADLAME where to stick 'America rules the world', power along with arrogance is a dangerous mix & for the record I don't think that the Bible Belt affects anything apart from the psyche of America which in turn through media affects the psyche of the western world. When that Psyche is ruled by fear of Islam, terrorists or economic meltdown the result is not positive.

Most people over here still Love America and it seems like we are going to follow you to whatever end. For my part I would just like people to realise you're not just voting in a national president but something a lot more.

For me the biggest thing America needs to do to restore its moral backbone & leadership in the eyes of the world is to support the Palestinians of Israel. If you are going to support Isreal then support its entire people.

I have seen some stuff on Ron Paul but not much, I'll take another look.

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 12:49pm
the psyche of American citizens is a better way to put it Skiller... misinformed Amerinan citizens is a more accurate discription though... Fox news is the major news outlet for the right, and the other major news outlets are for the left, but their ALL ownd and operated by people that have the exact same agenda

any intelligent person watching Fox news durring the republican primary had to see how they reported on Ron Paul... it was clearly a negative news campaign against Ron Paul to make sure he didn't get the nomination... Fox news also pushes the idea that muslims are a huge threat to the US just like the other major outlets do... they also insite different types of fear constantly to their viewers just like the other outlets do... Fox news also sets a certain racial tone just like the other outlets do

so when you say American Psyche Skiller you need to realise where that psyche is comming from on both sides, and there are a lot of Americans that don't have a single clue because their focused totally on their own daily lives and not on politics or world events at all, while much of our youth are busy playing games like mw3, BL2 and now BO2 or their out try'n to get laid

Isreal and Pakistan can't be solved by the American people Skiller... Isreal is used as a politicol tool every election because its in the bible... the people in power obviously don't want that conflict to end because it serves a purpose towards their agenda... what has Obama done to improve the situation? he hasn't even tried at all... ask yourself... why is that?

the reason i like this site so much is that there are people from around the world on here, and its small enough that you can get a general idea of who the people are and how they think... we can poke fun at eachother or ourselves about games that don't really matter at all, and at times there are some good topics discussed and debated

Great Brittian and America are allies Skiller, but who's acually in controll of both? central banks... what else are central banks in controll of? wallstreet... what is wallstreet? the worlds economy

if your going to fear something Skiller you should know the facts my friend

Sk-iller View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sk-iller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 1:53pm
lol. We are not allies in the true sense of the word, there is no equality. You lead we follow, it's more like gay lovers and Britain is the Gimp & America is Zed.

Banks fall into the category of people who think with their wallet which I stated earlier.

& as for 'FACTS', is anything that I written untrue? The Bible Belt scares me, research Mormons & watch Borat. Bush F u Ked the world, watch farenhiet 9 11.

I hate news corp so i'm feelin you on the FoX thing & your right in a couple weeks i'll be on BLK OPZ 2 and the world can go F u K itself.

My facts are good my friend
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 2:03pm
i think one good step to make towards sense & progress is to reverse the decision that corporations are people which gave them all the benefits it did.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 12:21am

lol. We are not allies in the true sense of the word, there is no equality. You lead we follow, it's more like gay lovers and Britain is the Gimp & America is Zed.

Banks fall into the category of people who think with their wallet which I stated earlier.

& as for 'FACTS', is anything that I written untrue? The Bible Belt scares me, research Mormons & watch Borat. Bush F u Ked the world, watch farenhiet 9 11.

I hate news corp so i'm feelin you on the FoX thing & your right in a couple weeks i'll be on BLK OPZ 2 and the world can go F u K itself.

My facts are good my friend

my statement about facts must have came across wrong Skiller... i didn't mean it in a negative way
januto1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote januto1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 12:30am
► Let The Darkness Embrace You ◄
januto1,
januto1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote januto1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 12:37am
► Let The Darkness Embrace You ◄
januto1,
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 2:27am

not reading everything.

im voting for obama because my family is poor (the poorest of middle class)

and im also not opposed for a man who likes students(me) to have a fair amount of financial aid, seeing as we are the future america.

this threads seems interesting, ill read once I can :) 

Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 7:14am
Originally posted by phhiLLN

a man who likes students(me) to have a fair amount of financial aid, seeing as we are the future america.

This reminds me of an off-topic question; how come studying a bachelor's degree in america can cost 10.000+ dollar / year whereas studying in the Netherlands/Germany/Belgium seems to be around 1200 euro / year?

I didn't even think the amount of tax we have to pay differed that much; is the difference covered just by having different priorities (military / education)
drdeath2point0 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 8:45am
If there is no America, you have no future......nobama 2012
drdeath2point0
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 10:52am
Obama 2012!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 12:37pm
Ignorance. I've been asked to prove my points on what I think should be done and in return I get "whatever Obama wants, he's the the G.O.A.T." This is silly...cya around
drdeath2point0
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Iuckshot

Originally posted by phhiLLN

a man who likes students(me) to have a fair amount of financial aid, seeing as we are the future america.

This reminds me of an off-topic question; how come studying a bachelor's degree in america can cost 10.000+ dollar / year whereas studying in the Netherlands/Germany/Belgium seems to be around 1200 euro / year?

I didn't even think the amount of tax we have to pay differed that much; is the difference covered just by having different priorities (military / education)

Well if you haven't heard, the underground motive for everything breathing in America is money. Whether that be school or a hospital; I have family members who can't even get an MRI because of their insurance is 'too cheap'.

I would say one of the leading causes of the recession a few years back, is something called 'ghost money', money that isn't there to suffice the spending. And, since the U.S.A. has a 300 million plus population, it would be harder to loan out all that money, and to get it back. The government is either going get its money back, or make your life a living hell. 

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 5:03pm
Describe living hell.....you mean skip college and actually work after high school? I've been part time working since I was 13 an full time since I was 18. I am doing rather well for myself and its all thanks to hard work and dedication to better ones self.
drdeath2point0
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 9:51pm
hey Dr. Dre, how good was the economy when you got all these jobs that paid so well? times are different man. as King and I said, a mom/dad working 2-3 jobs is just making ends meet, in some cases a mom/dad is not.

Obama 2012. Smile
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 12:35am

Originally posted by drdeath2point0

Describe living hell.....you mean skip college and actually work after high school? I've been part time working since I was 13 an full time since I was 18. I am doing rather well for myself and its all thanks to hard work and dedication to better ones self.
Lol nice job, and this is true, but speak for yourself. Many people have many different situations  
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 4:42am
i don't think the few people that there are on this site are going to decide this election lol

working together and helping each other in times of need is what we need... anger, bias and hate is what we don't need

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 7:38am
Roland for President!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>