Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CTF DRAFT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CTF DRAFT
    Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:30pm
Phantaci knows my pick if needed, I'm off to bed (idc for any added players)
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:34pm
I dont think they should be aloud to join this late, the teams would be different if they did. 
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by phhiLLN

I dont think they should be aloud to join this late, the teams would be different if they did. 
Seifer View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:42pm
I want to mess up teams too, add me to the player pool also lol.
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:47pm
no offence but that is wack, last picks are suppose to be some lesser-skilled CTF player not some beast who has the potential to be a first rounder (you and tourmenter)
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:51pm
Either refuse or complete redraft?
VEDA View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote VEDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:52pm
What if we redo last round?
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:53pm
Some ppl who joined late, like Seifer, are better than people picked in previous rounds.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Iuckshot

Some ppl who joined late, like Seifer, are better than people picked in previous rounds.
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:03pm
you buttholes, they just wanna have fun   ):
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:07pm
if seifer or jkdman joined or ram i would maybe have to repick
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:08pm
truee.. @ penguin, maybe just add 2 teams;
Undo the last round, make Seifer and Tourmenter captains, give Tourmenter first pick, then Seifer, then Tourmenter.. until they have a team of 4 as well. There's still some pretty good players to make up a team.

You could make teams play in a league or something like this

Where the number represents the seed of a time (1 is expected to do best in the tourney, 10 might have the most trouble; these numbers don't have to be entirely accurate, but lower ones have more to prove). You'd basically save teams with a high seed for later (as the match would therefore be closer) and give more matches to teams that might have been out sooner otherwise..

Either way, there's starting to be far too many subs I think, if we just let ppl join
VEDA View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote VEDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:19pm
We actually do have enough to make 10 teams but we will have to redo the whole draft.  They wouldn't get to pick from all the talent thats already been chosen.  How many say we redo the whole draft with the added players? (8 teams) No need to leave out greats that want to have a chance to play. 
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:20pm
If you restart it, just do it all at once on a weekend when people are free   :/
VEDA View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote VEDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:20pm

truee.. maybe just add 2 teams;
Undo the last round, make Seifer and Tourmenter captains, give Tourmenter first pick, then Seifer, then Tourmenter.. until they have a team of 4 as well. There's still some pretty good players to make up a team.

Where the number represents the seed of a time (1 is expected to do best in the tourney, 10 might have the most trouble; these numbers don't have to be entirely accurate, but lower ones have more to prove). You'd basically save teams with a high seed for later (as the match would therefore be closer) and give more matches to teams that might have been out sooner otherwise..
  Excellent idea... but do we restart the whole draft?
Seifer View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:22pm
I was joking, I agree with not allowing anyone to join after the pool was locked. everyone trying to join late had just as much time as all the players in the pool to sign up. but they didn't and letting them join now would mess up teams.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Seifer

I want to mess up teams too, add me to the player pool also lol.

roflmfao I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have wanted to be a captain. So you would have went first or second pick 4 sure. I'm pretty sure Feh or Death would have picked you first.

If you join now the whole draft starts all over? Or 2 teams have to be added? Just because 1 player joins? Even though other players joined late? loooool

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:24pm
If you want to add 2 teams you could:
- (the easier solution) undo last drafting round and let the 2 captains pick their teams first and then continue with the rest
- (the more-effort and probably fairer solution) redo all. Seeing it's weekend though, surely there's some time all of us can be online (with a representative of Colossus as he's at GAMEfest)

But would you run out of subs?

For me, it doesn't matter that player pool changed, I've already made my final pick anyway and will stick with that without complaining.
TOURMENTER View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote TOURMENTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:33pm
i dont wanna b a captain i jus wanna b in the pool 
VEDA View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote VEDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:36pm
Alright lets add everyone that wants to play with 10 captains and redo the draft on saturday.  I'll start a new thread and have a mod to delete this one.  Its the only fair way to do things so lets get it done :)  Captains try to be online Saturday so that we can get started as early as possible. We'll adjust the other 2 captains in voting order. Anyone else who would like to join.. the pool is still open until Saturday.
VEDA View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote VEDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:39pm

As soon as saturday hits the pool will be locked. Dont miss your chance to be in a great tournament.

TOURMENTER View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote TOURMENTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:40pm
as i said, i don't wanna b a captain i jus wanna b in the pool 
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:41pm
How about we only redo the draft if we have 5 * 10 = 50 players?
Currently we have 43 players (including captains) listed with 3 more wanting to join. It's kind of a shame to throw away all of this thread for nothing, especially if teams won't be able to show due to no subs.
Seifer View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:42pm
just to clarify I'm not interested in playing and tourmenter doesn't want to be a captain. so I don't think you need to restart.
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Vedakid

truee.. maybe just add 2 teams;

Excellent idea... but do we restart the whole draft?
i honestly dont care if we do or not,but i am sick of listing to tourmentor cry like a little b**** when he doesnt get his way,,   alot of people said the same thing that they didnt agree with adding people after the pool was set because yes it was f***ing things up..  ive put my own undisclosed contributions into this tournament as well..  if you guys want to redo it i dont care but maybe put it to a 7 man vote, mine being idc. 
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>