Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
15 [25.42%]
44 [74.58%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: strider wants to know....
    Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:44am
nah = no
soz = sorry
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:48am
Thank you Drokun! stick around incase we need more english translated into...english!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:51am
LOL distance wise its pretty much impossible to get a fair neutral host. When I win the lottery I'll buy a boat, fit it with a router and sail it out to the middle of the atlantic.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Danjel8

LOL distance wise its pretty much impossible to get a fair neutral host. When I win the lottery I'll buy a boat, fit it with a router and sail it out to the middle of the atlantic.

Maybe we could get Penguin to host it, shouldn't they ping about the same to Antarctica?
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 10:04am
The whole ping host argument is pointless... because there will never be a solution unless there is a lan tournament which is never gonna happen. Don't realise why people just don't accept who are good players and leave it at that. 
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 10:18am
yeah but EnVy's connection is **** but ping will always be a problem unless u play in the same country
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 10:18am

Got this from Wikipedia:

In multiplayer online video games, ping refers to the network latency between a player's computer, called a client, and the game server (or another client). This could be reported quantitatively as an averaged time in milliseconds, or qualitatively as low ping or high ping. This usage is common with players of a variety of first-person shooter and real-time strategy games. Having a low ping is always desirable because lower latency provides smoother gameplay by allowing faster updates of game data.

In this sense, ping is conflated with lag – one may "lag out" due to unacceptably high ping. Servers will often disconnect a client if the connection is too bad and it poses a detriment to others' gameplay; or, clients will often mandate disconnection if their ping is too high and they can infer their user is not going to have an enjoyable experience because of network complications. However, this doesn't mean that a high ping causes lag. The high ping is the result of the lag. In theory, there can be more reasons of having a high ping (for example, you are transmitting data over a very, very long distance), but most servers of commercial games are a**ociating a high ping with network lag directly.

The method used by the game programmers to determine ping times will often not use the traditional ICMP echo request and reply packets, but instead piggyback the functionality onto existing game data packets (often using UDP).

Some factors that might affect one's ping include: network protocol engineering, internet connection speed, quality of the internet service provider and the configuration of firewalls. Ping is also affected by geographical locations. For instance if someone is in China playing a server from America, the distance between the two are farther and it takes a longer time for the data to be sent to China. The amount of packet-switching and network hardware in between the two hosts is often more significant. For instance, wireless network interface cards must modulate digital signals into radio signals, which is often more costly than the time it takes an electrical signal to traverse a reasonable span of cable.

We need servers in Bermuda, Iceland or Newfoundland to solve this issue. I volunteer to run the one in Bermuda.
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 10:58am
i want 2 run the one in bermuda you take iceland bain i hear the weathers great!
!
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 11:28am
How about in russia?
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 2:23pm
this post should be named everybody else wants to know or it could be named envy knows and strider knows and thats why envy wont play him!
!
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 2:46pm
what does strider know that envy is winning this poll and thats why he doesnt wanna waste his time playin u?
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Drokun

Warfare and vCTF are the modes where ping matters least.
Ping = Your delay (lag) in ms.  100 ping is 0.1 seconds delay, though on a wireless connection or some other situations on your end it can be a bit worse than what the ping says
yeah im on a 30% 1-mbps wireless dsl connection atm, so u can do the math there because i normally ping around 120-180 on a good us server. im limited to playing on a few select servers that i can handle, cant play on any epic server at all. i can shoot 10 rockets and only 6-8 might actually shoot. it takes me around 1-2 seconds to get on/off my hover board and around to many players around me my jump boots wont work either. ill have a 6-mbps next month, but until then im having to hijack my enet.

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 4:13pm

i know i wish there is something that could be done about this, it sucks. limits us players to pretty much just playing locally. i feel sorry for you eu guys because of the lack of players you guys have and have to go out of range to find good games.

Originally posted by Striderfx

this post should be named everybody else wants to know or it could be named envy knows and strider knows and thats why envy wont play him!
its called a "thread," not a post xD

EnVy must be earned"
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 4:35pm
VCTF wise we are doing good for numbers...

Warfare I guess is pretty good too when you consider most the Unreal team, old ICN members, T-H-E members and the Devil guys all play warfare...

From what I've seen EU struggles to get a large amount of footmode players.
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

Originally posted by Drokun

Warfare and vCTF are the modes where ping matters least.Ping = Your delay (lag) in ms.  100 ping is 0.1 seconds delay, though on a wireless connection or some other situations on your end it can be a bit worse than what the ping says
yeah im on a 30% 1-mbps wireless dsl connection atm, so u can do the math there because i normally ping around 120-180 on a good us server. im limited to playing on a few select servers that i can handle, cant play on any epic server at all. i can shoot 10 rockets and only 6-8 might actually shoot. it takes me around 1-2 seconds to get on/off my hover board and around to many players around me my jump boots wont work either. ill have a 6-mbps next month, but until then im having to hijack my enet.
i smell envy ****
!
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 4:37pm

so envy doesnt want to play you because beating your a** is a waste of time? thats what i got from this post.
shine on you crazy diamond
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 4:41pm

EnVy must be earned"
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 4:49pm

i smell envy ****
im sure thats just your smelly troll a** that you forgot to wipe.

EnVy must be earned"
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Tr(A)1nWr(E)cK

so envy doesnt want to play you because beating your a** is a waste of time? thats what i got from this post.
yeah me 2 sweetie!
!
ournemesis View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote ournemesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 6:06pm
Wow ,I only have 735 kbps . I guess i better get a upgrade .
GoDead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 6:27pm
ACTUALLY Strider, if you played on a U.S. East Coast dedicated server, you most likely have about the same ping as envy. Envy lives in Texas, and you live in London.
If the server were in New York, you would both be about the same distance from it.
I live on the West Coast and have played on East Coast dedicated servers many times before, my ping stays right around 120 or so.

Only 366 days til yesterday!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 6:39pm
Nope wrong by about 2,000 miles GoDead :(
GoDead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 6:44pm
Hey, i said 'about' lol... my point was that there ping difference would be close to the same if the server were East Coast U.S.

Only 366 days til yesterday!
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 6:45pm

Originally posted by QwEsT

Originally posted by GoDead

Why don't you just use a professional U.S. East Coast dedicated server? It would be neutral for both strider and envy.
obviously another tri member that is dumb im from london so hw the fck is dat fair!
EnVy is from Texas ur from London,England in the middle of u 2 is the east coast (probably best 1 is New York or Ma**achusetts
its time envy played me on a eu host! everyone knows i can n hav beaten him on a US host! and what u said is bull soz he lives in west america i think and i live in london if both him n me went into a east coast server he would have a ping of 40/70 and mine would be 130/190 soz but you hafe to be retarded to think thats fair or your just another total_homo?? u ask matt or venom what are pings and connection were like n what theres were! qwest why dont you take envys place 4 him hot shot u not hood playa u are! any i repeat any US player would get ****d by me on a EU host! LOL i love u haters :) peace! strider da kid x
A good craftsman never blames his tools.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 6:50pm

You think that would stop Strider from finding a reason to duck Envy? He'd probably start b****ing about the connection being too wet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>