Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Power-ups in a Duel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power-ups in a Duel
    Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Zellot

ok so here a question if you're dueling why not just make it a regular duel and not grab the shield belts or armor. cause that's not a duel, a duel should be skill vs skill, not skill vs skill + shield belt.

for example. one time i was going against crow and shot a big bio ooze on him and it didn't kill him cause he had the shield belt and to quote him" oh you would of killed me but i had like 199, you were close though"

oh so you're helpless. we waste all this time nicely explaining to you how not to be a noob and you would rather be a noob.

willisasmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote willisasmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

ok lets put it like this ...go play warfare without vehicles and b**** at everyone whos using them..its there...it gives them the advantage its ur fault for not using it... same concept but when something was agreed on to NOT use its best to not use it for respect as been said how much skill does it take for me to kill u with a redeemer ..very little...actually..none... you cant survive it unless u hide im not gunna say udamage is equivalent to redeemer but the udamage can dish out beyond enough damage let me use an example

some guy called me a fag when i was dueling him cause my view was different then his to me it showed his rocket hit the ground when it hit me i died after that (keep in mind this was deck) within about 1 min  i got 8 spawn kills on him back to back none stop its thats easy to spawn kill someone... now lets put udamage+ ontop of that spawn killing....rediculous the match would of been over with in 20 seconds its so easy to spawn kill someone if u know the maps good enough so what if i die and u have the udamage doesnt that make you the bad guy for attackin me while i only have 100 health and enforcer?

y u got to tell people about u beating my ass on deck Crow lol
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:51pm
what? it wasnt u it was some noob i forgot his name to be honest
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:54pm
this is why i say always duel without any pick ups what so ever. i think duel shouldnt have anything at all besides small weapons. playing pac man in a duel is stupid but w/e..

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:56pm
let me go camp somewhere where u will never find me garauntee it and kill u everytime u walk by..see how much skill and how boring that is.... cause thats all its going to lead to
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

this is why i say always duel without any pick ups what so ever. i think duel shouldnt have anything at all besides small weapons. playing pac man in a duel is stupid but w/e..

what is why?.. did you read any of the posts?

i couldnt imagine reading this thread and thinkin anything else then "my oh my im such an idiot i cant believe i didnt realize this whole time that we both have the option to get the belt and just because im a newb and cant figure it out i cant believe i went to the forum and cried about it, sheesh from this day forward im gonna not look so dumb, when i encounter a challenge im gonna figure out how to beat it and not cry about it " or something along those lines ;)
EK_Trendy View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote EK_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:58pm
Honestly, if you don't get it by now then you can only blame your own incompetence and unwillingness to learn how to play. Think about it, there's a reason the top players play with those rules, it's far and away the most skill demanding and strategic form of duel. There's also a reason why the not so good players always try to modify the rules in hopes of taking on the more skillful players. NEWS FLASH: Modifying the rules will not change the outcome of the match, it only provides a handicap. If you feel outmacthed by someone, work hard and learn how to beat them, don't make excuses and change the format of the game. 
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by ninefive

i couldnt imagine reading this thread and thinkin anything else then "my oh my im such an idiot i cant believe i didnt realize this whole time that we both have the option to get the belt and just because im a newb and cant figure it out i cant believe i went to the forum and cried about it, sheesh from this day forward im gonna not look so dumb, when i encounter a challenge im gonna figure out how to beat it and not cry about it " or something along those lines ;)
wow this made me lol..considerin the fact this is the secodn thread posted about this http://iamgaming.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1931&title=duel-match <<<<< remember me being posted on the first page haha
AK-47_Zero1256k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47_Zero1256k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:01pm
Maybe a server of duel withouth no Power-ups will be interesting. do you agree?
only true skill, no U-Damage or , no shield beld, just you, your weapons, your strategy on the maps and your aim. Tongue
What, the hellbender is a sh¡t? I´ll make you think twice about it
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:01pm

meant play duel without any pick ups, just dont see the point of armor in a 1v1 mode...

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
EK_Trendy View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote EK_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by AK-47_Zero1256k

Maybe a server of duel withouth no Power-ups will be interesting. do you agree?
only true skill, no U-Damage or , no shield beld, just you, your weapons, your strategy on the maps and your aim. Tongue

I will refer you to my post above
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:03pm
thank you about time we get some logical people in this thread
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:04pm

meant play duel without any pick ups, just dont see the point of armor in a 1v1 mode...

Did you read my posts at all?
name_is_clantag
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:04pm

dude..it still wont be any competition... what makes you think if you cant grab the sb away from me what makes you think u can grab the armor vest or any other type of armor.. playin without SB promotes camping if you say ppl camp by the shield belt ur an idiot for failing to realize all the possible ways to get to a shieldbelt in every map

Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:05pm

this is coming from a person who wants to play 1v2 in warfare.... fail...epic...hardcore monster kill fail
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:05pm

zero, no that wouldnt be fun.. i would sit in one spot and shock combo you to pieces the whole time.

really this is pointless even explaining. and further proof epic is assbackwards by the fact they even have a piece of armor considered a powerup.

anyhow envy:

what about people that spawnkill in vehicle modes, i could argue that i was upset you were using a certain vehicle so i spawnkilled in retalition etc., the point is theirs basic unwritten rules that most ppl have the deceny to respect, yet noone can understood rules in duels that have existed long before vehicles were even in fps games?
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:08pm

Maybe a server of duel withouth no Power-ups will be interesting. do you agree?only true skill, no U-Damage or , no shield beld, just you, your weapons, your strategy on the maps and your aim. Tongue

Strategy on maps? That involves MAP CONTROL. If your aim's not good enough to take off a person's shield and health, then Dueling is definitely not for you, especially if u wanna just keep tryin to "modify" the rules like trendy said earlier. It's like me playin VCTF or WARFARE. Ex. Vehicles should not be used against players that aren't in a vehicle themselves. Not Fair ~_^
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:10pm
cause like i said in the beginning if you get something to alter your self hell it's only logical that i to get something to alter myself. and it has nothing to do about getting the shield belt first for the last time Ninefive you little b**** dick sucking muther f**ker. its a fair match if it's skill vs skill. but i guess your to much of a pussy to play that mode w/o powerups, 
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:15pm

cause like i said in the beginning if you get something to alter your self hell it's only logical that i to get something to alter myself. and it has nothing to do about getting the shield belt first for the last time Ninefive you little b**** dick sucking muther f**ker. its a fair match if it's skill vs skill. but i guess your to much of a pussy to play that mode w/o powerups, and you get offended easily

lol your whole complaint is about the shield belt you f***ing dimwit, put the crack pipe down.

you f***ing blow ass at ut3, why do you even waste your time playing it, let alone being a f***ing little girl on the forums "wahhh they keep getting these powerups that epic put all over the maps"

whats your f***ing primary mode dumbsh*t? is this your first ut game? you are a f***ing penis puffer and its hilarious you got all upset about me kindly trying to point you in the right direction.

edit: i dont care how you have to try to reason it to your numb ass self, but you arent making some general arguement about how you are keeping your self altered because the other guy is, f***ing picking up a weapon alters your players status. you are crying that f***ing the shieldbelt is unfair so you think grabbing UD is a fair reaction, besides the fact i already explained your a f***ing moron for not realizing that the other person could make sure you never even f***ing saw a udamage spawn but that its not even close to equal.

AK-47_Zero1256k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47_Zero1256k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by XKaL1buR

Maybe a server of duel withouth no Power-ups will be interesting. do you agree?only true skill, no U-Damage or , no shield beld, just you, your weapons, your strategy on the maps and your aim. Tongue

Strategy on maps? That involves MAP CONTROL. If your aim's not good enough to take off a person's shield and health, then Dueling is definitely not for you, especially if u wanna just keep tryin to "modify" the rules like trendy said earlier. It's like me playin VCTF or WARFARE. Ex. Vehicles should not be used against players that aren't in a vehicle themselves. Not Fair ~_^

When i say Strategy on maps i dont mean map control, i was talking about the way you use the map to attack the opponent, depending of the weapon you will use to attack in a difrent palce of the map, you can attack to the opponent with more of one weapon to have different results. I had to explain it better XD
What, the hellbender is a sh¡t? I´ll make you think twice about it
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:21pm
and i getting tired of this sh*t man cause ya'll dueler  always act like someone just called your mother a b**** when they talk about your mode in any shape or form, and if you talk about warfare i don't care it's your fault if you don't like warfare but if you tell me it would be fair if you use this and not this not i'm going to attack you, i going to say ok maybe your right or maybe your wrong and leave like that, but anyway i hate getting into arguements over a damn game later.
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:22pm

excellent post. anyone who can read this and still wanna be a douche about the rules. is the same kinda kid that hangs around kids that dont like him in real life. the kinda kid that even after hes told hes a fag and not wanted around, still sticks around. you know like zellot. f***ing homo
EK_Trendy View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote EK_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:22pm
lets put it this way: if we were to play with no shield belt, i would simply time every gun on the map so you would only have the enforcer at all times. Trust me, you wouldn't enjoy it and neither would i.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:23pm

When i say Strategy on maps i dont mean map control, i was talking about the way you use the map to attack the opponent, depending of the weapon you will use to attack in a difrent palce of the map, you can attack to the opponent with more of one weapon to have different results. I had to explain it better XD
umm zero...sorry to burst ur bubble but..thats part of map control map control does not mean grabbin the shield belt..its how u use the map to defeat ur opponent example..person who has heigh advantage generally kills person who doesnt at the distance of the height weapons chosen for me would be sniper rifle while for most noobs would be rockets...outcome of battle..i win

edit: look zellot no one was being a dick until u called deadaim names... we r just tryin to showu  the rules that have been with deuling for the longest time and no matter what its nto going to change just cause some new kid doesnt like it
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:23pm

and i getting tired of this sh*t man cause ya'll dueler  always act like someone just called your mother a b**** when they talk about your mode in any shape or form, and if you talk about warfare i don't care it's your fault if you don't like warfare but if you tell me it would be fair if you use this and not this not going to attack you, i going to say ok maybe your right or maybe your wrong and leave like that, but anyway i hate getting into arguements over a damn game later.

uh most of us were overly nice, my post to you was like from a friend to a friend even though i dont know you. and you come with some stupid "motherf**ker you b**** ass mofo" etc sh*t to me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>