FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Unreal Tournament 3.5? *Updated*!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unreal Tournament 3.5? *Updated*!!!!
    Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 12:24pm
UDK for free? I wonder what the catch is? Since EPIC has charged game company's millions of dollars for the use of the Unreal Engine. I just can't see them letting everyone have it for free? Nothing in life is free!...lol

Maybe there desperately needing game developers or new game ideas? But there has to be a catch 4 sure!
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

UDK for free? I wonder what the catch is? Since EPIC has charged game company's millions of dollars for the use of the Unreal Engine. I just can't see them letting everyone have it for free? Nothing in life is free!...lol

Maybe there desperately needing game developers or new game ideas? But there has to be a catch 4 sure!
well its a win/win situation for epic if someone decides to use their engine

if they dont create anything epic doesnt lose anything since it was free if they do create and publish they NEED to give epic a portion of what they make if not then epic has the right for a lawsuit either way they will make money if something is published using their engine makin it free will make people want to use it
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 5:57am
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

UDK for free? I wonder what the catch is? Since EPIC has charged game company's millions of dollars for the use of the Unreal Engine. I just can't see them letting everyone have it for free? Nothing in life is free!...lol Maybe there desperately needing game developers or new game ideas? But there has to be a catch 4 sure!
well its a win/win situation for epic if someone decides to use their engine
if they dont create anything epic doesnt lose anything since it was free if they do create and publish they NEED to give epic a portion of what they make if not then epic has the right for a lawsuit either way they will make money if something is published using their engine makin it free will make people want to use it

Your probably right I didn't think of it like that. Just because you create a game it doesn't mean you can publish it using there engine. They still own the rights to there engine.
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12