Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Scorpion! WTF!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scorpion! WTF!
    Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by BAIN

Originally posted by NbK_Aikgood

Alright... Here is the deal.
Everytime I just try to drive a Scorpion, and I drive "past" Someone else, they ALWAYS wanna selfdestruct me.
Why? What is the point of wasting a Scorpion just to selfdestruct a passing vehicle?
if it's a good foot mode player then it's to their advantage to get rid of all of the vehicles so they can dominate an area without having to worry about the scorpions huge blast radius, tanks shells, etc. but the scorpions are definitely mis-used in Avalanche since there's no avrils at center node. another good way to use a scorpion is to sit in one where it spawns and let the enemy wander up to the node unaware. easy kill.

Thank you bain.. good last point.. thought I was going nuts here.
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Jpinator

Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

Either way ur going to die if u let him kill u or you actually fight to try and keep yourself alive, so whats the difference? keep em comin

what? hahaha you dont get my point.. your main objective is to return the flag.. right?... but you would rather go try and kill someone first, wouldn't you want to return the flag? I mean im not a vctf player by no means but that sounds silly to me.

Yeah you are right the objective is to return the flag, not let the other guy selfdestruct on you so you have no opputunity to do so......

And bain has a point if its for that situation, but has nothing to do with letting an enemy scorpion kill you or get away with whatever they are about to do.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:08pm
So we had to go this far with it im going to described something that happened in a downtown match once....

Jp and i met on the road, she stopped to let me go by in my car, she was going to go kill hint korp with her car... so i hit the brakes as i fly by, she takes off again going for her objective, i killed her before she could get to him, then went about my business. Im still alive, JP is dead.. and hit corp is still playing D at center node.

So like i said, why let them go? i saved our defense by not letting it happen.

hieuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hieuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:10pm
sup Aik, i see your point. it really comes down to how long u can keep it alive. if you dodge the other scorpion, you might just get blown up by the tank later on suspense so there's really no point of being picky with your strategies. being flexible is one of the highlights of ut3. no man, running over people on nightshade is a good thing. I ran over a couple of flag carriers with the nightshade. people just like doing crazy things  because its fun. like raptors flying in cycle trying to not die and kill the other person for 10 mins. hahaha
hinterland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hinterland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:46pm

It depends on the map/situation. They're good for taking down orb taxis and support for certain nodes (center in Avalanche), but they don't usually stay up long out in the open.

Stop self-destructing into my paladins! Angry

Send your PSN friend requests to: hint-korp
http://unrealtournament4.com/
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:31am
Originally posted by hinterland

Stop self-destructing into my paladins! Angry

teehee
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:42am

lol.. Aikgood has a point.. you dont know how many times I see people just self distruct the scorpion in Avalanche.. the scorpion is best used for taking down vipers and mantas.. especially around center node. 
Agreed.  And probably should't disagree with JP when it comes to WF.  In Avalanche, you should have competent team mates to dispactch of vehicles, well, vipers; mantas, and scorpions.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:15am

Alright everyone is getting to speciffic with the question. You can say any situation to support your point. In a more general situation you should just about always take out the other scorpion. You wouldn't let any other vehicle just pass you by cause it doesn't shoot at you. Whats the dif with a scorpion. Plus you never know what that person is planning on doin. Seph gave a perfect example. Killed JP, got rid of a scorpion and saved a big vehicle in the process. Or how don't you know that the person inside doesn't have the shape charge. Or think of it this way anyone willing to pass you by and not try and kill you is planning on doin something really important for their team. So why not stop them.  On the flip side if you JP or the guy with the shape charge, then yea you should try and just get by cause your goal is more important, but as a general anser you should usually take out the other scorpion. Just my thoughts.

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 10:09am
if you're attacking a freshly built node it's usually best to take out any vehicles (hint korp) or turrets that may be nearby. if the node is less than 50% then hit it. you'll do about 25% damage then you should be able to take it down all the way with link or flak.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 1:36pm
plus who doesn't like getting the guy to say Bulls-eye!!!!.. and yeah.. taking down Hint Korp should be everyones first priority! Wink
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

lol.. Aikgood has a point.. you dont know how many times I see people just self distruct the scorpion in Avalanche.. the scorpion is best used for taking down vipers and mantas.. especially around center node. 
Agreed.  And probably should't disagree with JP when it comes to WF.  In Avalanche, you should have competent team mates to dispactch of vehicles, well, vipers; mantas, and scorpions.

Finally!!! Someone knows how to talk Warfare in here!!! bahahahah bow down to me!!!!!!!!
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 2:40pm

Milly makes a very good point :)

And i agree that JP knows her stuff when it comes to warfare, but her driving is terrible. And play the "sinkhole game" as i like to call it with her. Pisses her off.

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 2:57pm
For once.. I agree with you Seph! 
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:39pm
Scavenger FTW!
the scorpion is the lunch of the scavy! waaaaaaaaaa!!!!
XD

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12