Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dark Souls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Tacote_del_Orno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark Souls
    Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 9:18pm
...lol had this game since release(preordered), and completely forgot about it XP(still unopened) well time to pop that cherry..woops i mean game in the ps3, should be hella fun
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

30000 souls ?? :O Wow. thats... pretty good rage material idd xD....

Add me on PSN Milly. We can touch each others bloodstaines lol.
I already saw a few real fn funny the other 'nite.
I think RemY or Seifer got knocked off a few times off that bridge (still first part) where the Dragon lures :P Haha that was hilarious xD

U saw me at sen's castle? i havent even gotten there yet haha i just got to blight town. also the drake sword, you get it by either shooting or cut the dragon's tail on the bridge on undead burg. where you meet that sunlight dude.
name_is_clantag
Seifer View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 3:42am

I think RemY or Seifer got knocked off a few times off that bridge (still first part) where the Dragon lures :P Haha that was hilarious xD
you can see random players bloodstains too. also if anyone needs any weapon/armor info. just post I have the guide. it tells stats for every upgrade path on weapons and locations.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 12:58pm

Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

Easiest thing to do would be to get the Drake Sword. It doesn't scale at all, but in the early stages of the game it is very helpful. It should kill the tree things in 2 hits when u wield it with both hands. You can also just run past the stone knights and go straight to the moth.

Thanks Trendy. Where do I find that Sword?

as already said, u get it from the dragon guarding the bridge after beating the first boss. the easiest way to kill him even tho u do not have to, to get the sword. is to take the path under the bridge there is also a ladder u can knock down that will take u back to the first bonfire in undead burg. anyway while under the bridge u can see his tail if ur on the right side edge. simply take out our long bow and have at it. it is a lengthy processes and u will need plenty of arrows but you will get the Drake sword and 10,000 souls upon killing him. aim for the base of his tail.

and yes i did get past Sens Fortress last night like i said i would. first try too actually. couple tips while not giving away what to do. make sure u have a long bow and a lot of arrows. just max them out at 999 if you like cause let me tell u they make it a hell of a lot easier. make sure u search around i found 4 rings or so rings in that area. also kill the giant throwing the fire pots before you try and fight the boss or you will have to contend with both and its no pretty. there is a spot you can snipe him with the long bow. another thing there is a chest in a room that if you follow the rolling rocks you can get into when your inside the building. DO NOT OPEN IT!!! its actually a monster that will basically chew u to death. you can hit it and he will get up and you can fight it but do not try to open it. lastly and maybe the most important. there is one bonfire really close to the end of the area. you can find it while at the second spot that the giant throws the fire pots. first he throws it at the spot where you have to run up the steps and across that spot. well the very next spot he throws the fire you will see a section of the wall is broken. walk up to it and if you look over the side you will notice a little ledge if you walk off with a bonfire on it. that is very important if you dont want to break ur tv from getting pissed. o **** and one more thing that is very important as you get towards the end (just about to the top of the tower) youll see 2 cages. there is a key that you can find not to far away that will unlock the cages. use it and it will take you back to the very first bridge you cross in the beginning of Sens Fotress. then get back in and head to the top again. youll notice that the other one has lowered now as u went back up. you now have unlocked the shortcut to bypass the entire tower and go straight to the top or to the beginning.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 1:11pm
and if you want more details on my previous post id be more then happy to post them, but i know some people dont want to know exactly what to do but are always up for things to look out for.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by RemY

U saw me at sen's castle? i havent even gotten there yet haha i just got to blight town. also the drake sword, you get it by either shooting or cut the dragon's tail on the bridge on undead burg. where you meet that sunlight dude.

I think its near the Undead Burg idd. not Sens Castle. 

Under that bridge where that dragon is, you can walk past over a few small trims and run into a few of dem poisenous rats. Thats where a hilarious bloodstain laid. Someone had walked the trims and this rat came out his chamber running and knocked him off into the nothingness xD
Guess it was Seifer then xD

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Milly

Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

Easiest thing to do would be to get the Drake Sword. It doesn't scale at all, but in the early stages of the game it is very helpful. It should kill the tree things in 2 hits when u wield it with both hands. You can also just run past the stone knights and go straight to the moth.

Thanks Trendy. Where do I find that Sword?

as already said, u get it from the dragon guarding the bridge after beating the first boss. the easiest way to kill him even tho u do not have to, to get the sword. is to take the path under the bridge there is also a ladder u can knock down that will take u back to the first bonfire in undead burg. anyway while under the bridge u can see his tail if ur on the right side edge. simply take out our long bow and have at it. it is a lengthy processes and u will need plenty of arrows but you will get the Drake sword and 10,000 souls upon killing him. aim for the base of his tail.

and yes i did get past Sens Fortress last night like i said i would. first try too actually. couple tips while not giving away what to do. make sure u have a long bow and a lot of arrows. just max them out at 999 if you like cause let me tell u they make it a hell of a lot easier. make sure u search around i found 4 rings or so rings in that area. also kill the giant throwing the fire pots before you try and fight the boss or you will have to contend with both and its no pretty. there is a spot you can snipe him with the long bow. another thing there is a chest in a room that if you follow the rolling rocks you can get into when your inside the building. DO NOT OPEN IT!!! its actually a monster that will basically chew u to death. you can hit it and he will get up and you can fight it but do not try to open it. lastly and maybe the most important. there is one bonfire really close to the end of the area. you can find it while at the second spot that the giant throws the fire pots. first he throws it at the spot where you have to run up the steps and across that spot. well the very next spot he throws the fire you will see a section of the wall is broken. walk up to it and if you look over the side you will notice a little ledge if you walk off with a bonfire on it. that is very important if you dont want to break ur tv from getting pissed. o **** and one more thing that is very important as you get towards the end (just about to the top of the tower) youll see 2 cages. there is a key that you can find not to far away that will unlock the cages. use it and it will take you back to the very first bridge you cross in the beginning of Sens Fotress. then get back in and head to the top again. youll notice that the other one has lowered now as u went back up. you now have unlocked the shortcut to bypass the entire tower and go straight to the top or to the beginning.

Thanks Milly. Problem is, im already past that dragon and already past the blacksmith into the forest. I still cannot wield a longbow because of low leveling and I think I get f***ed when trying to attack him straightforward with a sword.

I guess ill level just some more to be able to wield that longbow :)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 1:54pm
im getting close to beating it the first way through.. have 3 bosses left i dont wanna kill them yet till i take care of a few other things.

when you get to this point in the game (im level 95), it becomes very easy to farm souls.. i have a trick i sort of invented with a friend that ive been doing in Anor Londo, its about 600,000 souls/per hour.

i just got the best spell in the game, Dragon Breath.. requires 50int to even use it.. and i also got the crystal soul spear.. which does about 1200 with 1 hit.

ive put in about 40 hours so far.. i dont play games that much but demon's souls was one of my top 3 games ever and i knew when dark souls came out i was gonna go nuts on it.

oh btw.. as far as that Kmart deal.. where i got a $20 dollar coupon for buying dark souls.. they are now doing that deal with Batman Arkham City.. cept its $30 dollar coupon. I went and bought the game, returned it 2 hours later unopened and got to keep my $30 dollar coupon.

skyrim is going to cost me $5.00.. hustlin!
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 1:34am

I think its near the Undead Burg idd. not Sens Castle. 

Under that bridge where that dragon is, you can walk past over a few small trims and run into a few of dem poisenous rats. Thats where a hilarious bloodstain laid. Someone had walked the trims and this rat came out his chamber running and knocked him off into the nothingness xD
Guess it was Seifer then xD

**** that did happen to me hahahaha
name_is_clantag
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 2:02am
LOL hahah so it was you xD
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 3:50am
i just beat that naked spider lady b****. is there a black smith near blight town? 
name_is_clantag
Seifer View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 5:01am

i just beat that naked spider lady b****. is there a black smith near blight town? 
the closest blacksmith is the 1 in new londo ruins. you can take a shortcut in blight town that takes you straight to it.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 5:04pm
wheres that at?
name_is_clantag
Seifer View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 6:59pm
the shortcut? if your coming from quelaag's domain (naked spider lady lol) stay on the left side of the swamp. you should see a water-wheel, use the walkway to get to it then ride it up. after that you have to climb a few ladders but it should lead you to the valley of drakes. just keep heading left to reach new londo and the blacksmith.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Seifer

the shortcut? if your coming from quelaag's domain (naked spider lady lol) stay on the left side of the swamp. you should see a water-wheel, use the walkway to get to it then ride it up. after that you have to climb a few ladders but it should lead you to the valley of drakes. just keep heading left to reach new londo and the blacksmith.

fashooooooo
name_is_clantag
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 6:53am
My friend got over a million souls in 12 minutes...
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 12:26pm
so everyone quit playing this game already?
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 1:00pm
I don't really have the time to play it.
Besides, I'm stuck in that forest :( 
I need my little brother to help me out first xD
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
-NocTuRnuS- View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 1:36pm
I got this game yesterday.
Gonna try it out later.
xNocTuRnuS-EXz_ForestTemple
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 5:47pm
Just got this game a couple weeks ago, awesome game! Here's a questions for those of you who have been playing it longer? Is it better to reinforce your weapons or level up? I'm currently in blight town but I'm having a tough time with that Queelag lady spider. I just reinforced the drake sword +1 but it takes 10000 souls to do so and frankly don't feel like finding another 10000 souls... I will if I have to. My current level is 34.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Ppareja76

Just got this game a couple weeks ago, awesome game! Here's a questions for those of you who have been playing it longer? Is it better to reinforce your weapons or level up? I'm currently in blight town but I'm having a tough time with that Queelag lady spider. I just reinforced the drake sword +1 but it takes 10000 souls to do so and frankly don't feel like finding another 10000 souls... I will if I have to. My current level is 34.

first let me see if i can help you with Queelag. are you trying to beat her as a human or undead. i would strongly suggest human. on ur way to fight her as a human you should get invaded by Mildred Maneater. she is strong but her attacks are slow, basically get close so she swings then dodge, hit her once or twice then back off and recover ur stamina. ok after beating her and still being in human form you can now summon her right before you enter the Queelag fight. she wont beat the boss, but you can use her as a distraction for Queelag. Mildred will stay alive for must of the fight but will die at some point more then likely before you beat Queelag. i suggest using a close range tactic when Mildred is alive then when she dies using a ranged tactic with soul arrows if you have learned them.

the trick with her and any boss is to figure out what set of attacks they have. i want to say Queelag has 3. her sword attack, her lava attack and her rear attack (kinda just slams her rear down if ur directly behind her. what u have to pick up on is what the bosses body does before the do an attack. just about all the bosses do this. you can stun her if you are able to hit her directly in the front (her human body). it will only last for a couple secs but will allow you to roll backwards out of the way. good luck and hope that helps.

now for leveling. it really depends on what ur trying to do and ur play style. if you looking to just gain some fast hit power the leveling ur weapon is the best way at first. cause you can get at least plus 4 hit points in the most basic weapon. when u might only get 1 or 2 by leveling ur player. you can go to the Blacksmith right before the Darkroot Garden and lvl ur weapon up there and by the basic shards to lvl ur weapon up to lvl 5. not the Drake sword tho since that uses dragon scales. its 800 for 1 shard then another 200 for the weapon. if your finding ur running out of stamina to quickly but ur doin some good damage then i suggest you lvl ur player first.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 7:15pm
o and 2 more quick tips.

when fighting Mildred, dont try and fight her in the swamp. it will be much harder then it needs to. as soon as she invade run back into the tunnel that the bonfire is in. that way you wont be slowed by the swamp and wont have to deal with the stupid flying bugs. you can just focus on her.

this one is for the game in general, if you know your not goin to be hit cause the boss is distracted or you have gotten that good at dodging their attacks. dont be afraid to change to holding ur weapon with both hands. that little bit of extra hit power each hit will go a long way in a boss battle. be careful tho cause with no shield up some bosses can kill you in one hit. try when your behind a boss to quickly switch to 2 handed, then when they are goin to turn around or use an attack switch back to one, so you can have your shield ready just incase.
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 8:17pm
Thanks for the info. I've been fighting her as the undead. Haven't try human yet. I do have humanity but didn't want to chance it with Queelag and lose it. I will try next time tho...

I haven't seen Mildred yet but now I know why. I have figured out Queelag's move but she always gets me with her jump. Soul arrows is a magic spell, right?
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 9:13pm
yea you will only encounter mildred when ur in human form.

yes Soul arrows is a magic.
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 1:12pm
This game is the best RPG I have ever played in my life. I still don't understand how humanity works, lol. Anyone know where a good place is to farm souls?
get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>