FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WF Tournament: OFFICIAL SEEDING IS UP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 52>
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WF Tournament: OFFICIAL SEEDING IS UP
    Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:38am
Originally posted by phhiLLN

dana you silly bastard I knew you couldn't resist this

I got the itch watching u bastards talk about it lol, look out Shawn im coming for you!

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 3:32pm
KiilinuGood I sent you a friend request on PSN. We're going to try and get on this weekend runs some games...
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 5:57pm
I'd love to join you Warhore if that's alright with you guys, I'll be on the other team if you all want to hang together. Bring back the ol' GOW practices lol
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 6:06pm
JP u can be our 5th if u want
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by WaRHore

i can tell zodiac to check out the thread if you want
shine on you crazy diamond
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by jesse

I'm extending the invite to all former members...No hard feelings or bs from past arguments and taunting threads...
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 6:30pm
we had beef? i was jus sayin i can ask zo to check out the thread since you havent found a 5th
shine on you crazy diamond
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 6:32pm
Nah that goes for everyone
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 9:49pm
just to be clear Me and Zellot are co-captains on our yet to be named team

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

just to be clear Me and Zellot are co-captains on our yet to be named team

Cherry poppers.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 12:20am

I'm extending the invite to all former members...No hard feelings or bs from past arguments and taunting threads...

You should recruit Harmerty so he can quit again.

All jokes aside, it's pretty cool to see the OG GOW back in action. You should also get Noot and c***enballs to play also.
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 12:58am
zzzZzZz I'm ready to play. 
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 5:22am
Will be posting my team soon, still awaiting replies from some ppl
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 8:22pm
I asked Flak at Epic Games if she was able to help out with some UT/Epic goodies regarding this tournament. She said yes Smile and that they (Epic) would be happy to, so that will be added to the prize pool.

Big shout out to Flak and Epic for that one Cool
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

You should recruit Harmerty so he can quit again.

All jokes aside, it's pretty cool to see the OG GOW back in action. You should also get Noot and c***enballs to play also.
I asked Noot he declined he's stricly PC player along with Pacer and Dakilla...I would not know how to get hold of Harmerty
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 12:02am
Roster and rules updated.
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 12:20am
Originally posted by ax412

I asked Flak at Epic Games if she was able to help out with some UT/Epic goodies regarding this tournament. She said yes Smile and that they (Epic) would be happy to, so that will be added to the prize pool.

Big shout out to Flak and Epic for that one Cool
Phantaci doing Big things, thats my boyClap
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 4:05am
Nice touch with the extra prizes. Thanks EPIC, and Phant for requesting it for us in the first place
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 4:54am
Phant & others, regarding the seeding of the teams...

The people deciding on the seeding, with all due respect to these OGs, do not know what team is good or not. Some of them haven't played this game for the longest time, and have never seen half the players in the tourney play. They would be basing their decisions and seedings on year-old memories, hearsay and forum popularity, really. Not to mention they're good friends with some of the actual players of the teams.

Would it perhaps be more fair to just randomize the match-ups or do this in some different way? Sry to be picking on details but I think all the teams should have a fair chance at advancement considering this tourney is coming together to look pretty kickass so everything should be done proper from the start
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 6:18am
Originally posted by ubernoob

Phant & others, regarding the seeding of the teams...

The people deciding on the seeding, with all due respect to these OGs, do not know what team is good or not. Some of them haven't played this game for the longest time, and have never seen half the players in the tourney play. They would be basing their decisions and seedings on year-old memories, hearsay and forum popularity, really. Not to mention they're good friends with some of the actual players of the teams.

Would it perhaps be more fair to just randomize the match-ups or do this in some different way? Sry to be picking on details but I think all the teams should have a fair chance at advancement considering this tourney is coming together to look pretty kickass so everything should be done proper from the start

If you haven't played for the longest time as you state it, doesnt mean you dont have a chance at winning.. Its all about teamwork + communication. 

I imagine a team having 75% more chance of winning if they all had a mic in comparison to a team that does not. So there are more factors playing then just skill.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 8:30am
^U misunderstood me, Darkn3ss. I am discussing the proposed seeding process and the notion of giving three arguably not-so-active players the task of arbitrarily ranking the teams/players according to their assumptions of them, i.e. memories of the past (from several years ago in some cases) and forum opinions n popularity.

I'm basically saying I do not think it's a fair and accurate way to seed a virgin WF tourney, considering the people deciding the match up brackets are unable to make a fair judgement on which teams/players should be ranked over others. No offense to anyone involved.

I'm just throwing this out there for general discussion to see if there are any alternate ways to go about it. If it is public consensus that it's the best way to do it, then so be it.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 8:59am

^U misunderstood me, Darkn3ss. I am discussing the proposed seeding process and the notion of giving three arguably not-so-active players the task of arbitrarily ranking the teams/players according to their assumptions of them, i.e. memories of the past (from several years ago in some cases) and forum opinions n popularity.

I'm basically saying I do not think it's a fair and accurate way to seed a virgin WF tourney, considering the people deciding the match up brackets are unable to make a fair judgement on which teams/players should be ranked over others. No offense to anyone involved.

I'm just throwing this out there for general discussion to see if there are any alternate ways to go about it. If it is public consensus that it's the best way to do it, then so be it.

JP, Bain and me will do fine.
They have been playing warfare longer then the most of us and should be able to make a fair seeding based on fairness then the most of us.
I've never really been into warfare but I do know most people and there game tactics around 360 and PS3 to help them make a fair seeding based on the teams that have just been created.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 9:20am

^U misunderstood me, Darkn3ss. I am discussing the proposed seeding process and the notion of giving three arguably not-so-active players the task of arbitrarily ranking the teams/players
according to their assumptions of them, i.e. memories of the past (from several
years ago in some cases) and forum opinions n popularity.

I'm basically saying I do not think it's a fair and accurate way to seed a virgin
WF tourney, considering the people deciding the match up brackets are
unable to make a fair judgement on which teams/players should be ranked over others. No offense to anyone involved.

I'm just throwing this out there for general discussion to see if there
are any alternate ways to go about it. If it is public consensus that it's the best way to do it, then so be it.

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 9:31am
oops

you have to win no matter who you play so i don't think it matters all that much... unless there's going to be buys? in that case accurate seedings would matter... being put in a favorable favorable bracket would also be a case where the seedings could matter... there's multiple "real good" teams in this one so its going to be tough to seed correctly and determine a clear favorite

i just hope it goes well and its fun and epic!
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 10:20am
I understand your concern ubernoob, I'll try and think of something.
Oh and FYI, JP is no longer doing it as she is now playing with GOW.
Right now, I have Darkness, Bain, and Twofase doing it... I want to add Woolvie into
The mix as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 52>