FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

California SMH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: California SMH
    Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 1:38pm
Lol neither have I, but nowadays if you tryna one night stand that's the risk involved
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

Theres more than 1 type of marriage sizzle, theres the marriage as defined and practiced according to your church or religion (most of which is accounted for in the actual wedding service itself), and marriage as a civil institution which only exists in any tangible way by merit of the governments acknowledgement of its validity. So no, marriage is not a religious issue, its a human rights issue that opponents throw religion at to justify their distate for people of different lifestyles.

Here in Cali, no one is forcing every last priest to marry gay people. 99% (allowing the 1% percent for some bizarre possibility) of gay people who go to a church of their religion, go to one that *shocker* is tolerant or accepting of homosexuality ang should they ever want a religious service, guess what...all they have to do is walk up to their priest and ask if he/she will marry them. Honestly, it's not like a flaming homo couple is gonna walk in to the cali equivalent of the Westboro Baptist Church and say "You have to marry us by law or else...."

The whole issue is about human rights and equality, no more, no less.

On a historical note, the concept & practice of marriage predates the christian religion by many centuries, and many cultures world wide have allowed same sex marriages, so christianity has no right to lay claim on this practice in a religious sense either.

You are right about the bible always being taken and manipulated for ones own needs. Its what I said about picking & choosing your quotes. I could make an argument for or against damn near any issue by quoting, misquoting or selectively quoting different part of the bible. I just find it funny & oddly fitting that the people usually first to do this are the people who worship bible God and see that book as holy.

a civil union is not marriage TX... there aren't multiple types of marriage there's only marriage, and it is before GOD and therefore a religious issue... a real priest couldn't even do a gay marriage... the state could give the same benifits to gays under a civil union, so there's obviously an agenda to change marriage itself which is the state beginning to interfear with religion which is a VERY bad sign
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 8:09pm
No, for you there is only one kind of marriage sizzle, just like for muslims there is only marriage before allah, or hindus to whichever one of their gods covers that, or to the Norse who i believed went to Frea for matters of marriage/fertility. Ancient Egyptians had Isis, Greek/Romans had Hera & Aphrodite, and so on. As I said before, marriage pre-dates christianity, and many societies worldwide have done same sex marriages. Christianity, and therefore God, have no monopoly on what marriage is or should be and sure as hell should not be deciding what marriage is for other people including those who follow other beliefs in this country. It is not a religious issue, it is and always will be a human rights issue. And even if it were a religious issue, so what? Christians have absolutely no right to make the law of the land for everybody in this country. Religious freedom, with no one religion being favored over another, you know, one of the founding ideas of America.

If people want christian law & a christian country they can move to the Vatican, but here religion has no place interfering with matters of human rights & equality. Its bad enough religion, more specifically Judaism & Christianity have weaseled their influence into state & government matters and have been doing so at every opportunity. Religion interfering with state, now THAT is a VERY bad sign.
drdeath2point0 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 9:02pm
Wow! you're going to hell. But I'm not supposed to tell you that I'm supposed to try to save you. Jk obviously us oldtimers are the only ones with values
drdeath2point0
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 12:12am
I'm just mad that you can't put a rainbow sticker on your car without people thinking you're gay, what if I really like rainbows?
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 12:33am
Lmao they're taking over!!!
drdeath2point0
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 1:20am
I support same sex civil partnerships. Every couple or family deserves the same rights as a conventional family. Marriage i still think of as a union made in a house of god or under god, which i believe is down to each religious institution. There are churches where same sex couples can have a "proper" wedding, which is great that priests of those churches can set such an example and open their arms and doors to same sex couples despite what is said about homosexuality in religion.

I'm not religious, don't really agree with that marlarky but each to their own as long as unwanted opinions aren't shoved in my face. What i don't like are ignorant bigoted people.

Bring on the rainbows
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 1:32am
ugh im not gonna re-type that response i just lost because the page gave me an error -_-
laaaaaame
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:35am
Originally posted by TX2k7

No, for you there is only one kind of marriage sizzle, just like for muslims there is only marriage before allah, or hindus to whichever one of their gods covers that, or to the Norse who i believed went to Frea for matters of marriage/fertility. Ancient Egyptians had Isis, Greek/Romans had Hera & Aphrodite, and so on. As I said before, marriage pre-dates christianity, and many societies worldwide have done same sex marriages. Christianity, and therefore God, have no monopoly on what marriage is or should be and sure as hell should not be deciding what marriage is for other people including those who follow other beliefs in this country. It is not a religious issue, it is and always will be a human rights issue. And even if it were a religious issue, so what? Christians have absolutely no right to make the law of the land for everybody in this country. Religious freedom, with no one religion being favored over another, you know, one of the founding ideas of America.

If people want christian law & a christian country they can move to the Vatican, but here religion has no place interfering with matters of human rights & equality. Its bad enough religion, more specifically Judaism & Christianity have weaseled their influence into state & government matters and have been doing so at every opportunity. Religion interfering with state, now THAT is a VERY bad sign.

move to the Vatican? thats as bad as the racists saying blacks need to move to Africa lol i can tell that you really didn't think this through before you posted TX... there are a lot of errors in your post... civil unions already exist... you can't possibly not see that they could have easily added equil benifits to civil unions without changing any marriage laws... get some sleep before you retort next time you religious biggot lol

move to the Vatican
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:40am
Originally posted by THE_KING_ETERNAL

You can dislike the act of homosexuality but you still respect the person. If a white person calls a black person the N word most black people would be offended so wny is it appropriate to call them a f** or any derogatory term. If they wanna be gay and be married let them God grants us free will and plus its not affecting my way of life so who cares.
this my boy King everyone! idk if yall know him or not...

I disagree with gay marriage, but as my boy King said, I still respect them. Is it right to be gay? well to go by the bible, no. to go by all this other crap people be saying? tbh, I don't have a clue. You can be gay all you want, but that's between you and God. 

Dr Dre, what comes out of your mouth sometimes? In the back of my mine I really wish you would just shut up. Don't disrespect gays, I'm sorry, "people" with different choices than you. that's just ignorant.(yes I do think it is a choice)

TX... so this is where you been huh? noob -_-  
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:47am
with all this mess on iamgaming, I might just have to move on where there is actual clan! and gaming! activity! you guys are something else... 
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:53am
Speaking of gays....
drdeath2point0
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 9:12am
Mess on iamgaming? People are actually logging in to read this lame ass thread, thought this site was a goner
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by ax412

I've met people who claim to be ex-homosexuals. Yet I will never meet an ex-male nor ex-black.
Yet it's not like they were like "Hey, being gay sucks, I'mma be straight now !" -_-

No one can choose to be gay, or not to be gay. You can choose to act straight but why would they have to do that ? It's fkn discriminating, which is exactly the reason everyone's bashing on Dr.D even though he's a cool dude. Discrimination, for absolutely no logical reason.
You don't have to like it, you really don't, but why can't you just let them be happy, and why would you fight against equality ?
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 12:20pm

Originally posted by phhiLLN

Personally I say f*** gay marriage just because it's gay. Yes that's ignorant - but I am what my country made me. (Let us not forget this great country was founded upon arrogance and ignorance)

With that being said there is no way in hell I'm going to protest against it publicaly because it has nothing to do with me and people deserve happiness.

Clap

B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 12:25pm
Everyone can't be equal. There can't be winners without losers. There can't be rich without poor. Good vs evil. Do I really have to show you how much of a genius I am? I'm trying to be humble here but damn y'all are asking for it.
drdeath2point0
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 12:33pm
Go back to page 1 I wasn't being rude towards them until a willy wonka gif was posted to me. I think that homosexuality is being forced down out throats no pun intended. But so is devil worshiping and being an atheist. Ex take a look at kanye west new album cover. I won't lay down and let things pass over me. I ain't built like that.

O and jp where were you at when two fase oneman rjd3 j rivers and some other were actually playing ut3 the other night it was semi fun.
drdeath2point0
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 12:42pm
?
Umm lol
Kanye West new album cover is clear with a piece of red tape closing it..
What does that have to do with anything?
PSN:Imaginative
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by drdeath2point0

Everyone can't be equal. There can't be winners without losers. There can't be rich without poor. Good vs evil. Do I really have to show you how much of a genius I am? I'm trying to be humble here but damn y'all are asking for it.
Just because everyone can't be equal, doesn't mean homosexuals have to be unequal to heterosexuals. 
Yes, not everyone can't be 'equal', BUT everyone can and should have equal rights
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 1:09pm
Pursuit of happiness right. the freedom to make CHOICES. Like being gay. Just admit that I'm right and let's move on to a another topic please.
drdeath2point0
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 1:19pm
You're an ignorant homophobe, and your view is against the idea of a free country which provides equal rights and no discrimination.
They are HAPPY, and in no way affecting others with that. Let them be happy, mind your own stuff. You would show no understanding for anyone who finds it 'offensive and wrong' that you have a black wife, even though there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with it
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 1:27pm
Im confused. Kanye west album cover is like bum said, completly clear with only red tape..
Im so lost.
On a side note the album is amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 1:36pm
That's because my wife is white. I was kidding it it would make a dif cause I don't care about it If it makes you feel any better these so called homosexuals wouldn't even have been born if it wasn't for a mother and father:) aka d*** plus vagina. Call me what you want it's your opinion.
drdeath2point0
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 1:46pm
He must have changed it. The ones I seen were diff. All religious basically calling himself Christ. Yeezus? I don't keep up with his music. He sucks so does jayz. Another one of my opinions
drdeath2point0
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:37pm
after Seph sobers up he's probably going to troll this thread hard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>