Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Cars, trucks and bikes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

What do you Drive?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you Drive?
    Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 9:02am
Wife's car

Z71 w/off road package. a whopping 18.5 feet of hauling junk around

Diesel powered, 42 feet of ocean going floating condo

10 foot tender for the big boat.  The small crane in the pic above is used to hoist it onto the foredeck.  Has a 2 stroke 15HP Yamaha.  40 mph on the water never felt so dangerous!

I'm embara**ed to tell you my monthly fuel bill...
AK-47_ML-79 View Drop Down
Team AK-47
Team AK-47

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47_ML-79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by NecroBeestiality

Originally posted by AK-47_ML-79

eh, I guess I'm a few days behind here, but I drive a 1986 Nissan pick-up, 5 speed with a bumpin' 2 speaker MP3 player no antenna, was stolen, so I dont even get radio waves, a '97 Ford Explorer sport and a '07 Hyundai Santa F.
So you push a light truck, a light truck based suv, and a car based suv? Do you share these cars with other people?

yep i share with the Mrs', only she drives the Santa Fe and my dog BigBoi and I drive the other two. I need to upload a pic of him, he's awesome as a navigator.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 5:26pm
BMW 330i Black on Black , Got rid of the TL for a decent profit (f***in shock for a car sale) , Baby rides smooth and my harmon kardon sound system just needs a lil more oomph, lookin to get an enclosure and wheels soon, then fingers crossed its Active Autowerke Time , nothing better then a bimmer with a whining super charger

HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by yingyangin

BMW 330i Black on Black , Got rid of the TL for a decent profit (f***in shock for a car sale) , Baby rides smooth and my harmon kardon sound system just needs a lil more oomph, lookin to get an enclosure and wheels soon, then fingers crossed its Active Autowerke Time , nothing better then a bimmer with a whining super charger

Nice, I have great respect for Bavarian Motor Works!
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by HanFei

Originally posted by yingyangin

Nice, I have great respect for Bavarian Motor Works!

Thanks im gonna put up some pics with me and my baby soon, i hope everyone gets to enjoy a drivers car like that atleast once in there lifetime theres no feeling like it.

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 4:20pm
ha, side note, i had to modify my garage door so my car would actually go into the garage, thing is as wide as a hummer!  
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 9:24pm
Isn't the Hummer owned by a Chinese firm now?
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 10:05pm

um not sure, why?
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

um not sure, why?
Yes, Goverment Motors sold the Hummer division or, at least a controlling interest in it.
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 7:07am
Originally posted by SickNviciouS

Wife's car

Z71 w/off road package. a whopping 18.5 feet of hauling junk around

Diesel powered, 42 feet of ocean going floating condo

10 foot tender for the big boat.  The small crane in the pic above is used to hoist it onto the foredeck.  Has a 2 stroke 15HP Yamaha.  40 mph on the water never felt so dangerous!

I'm embara**ed to tell you my monthly fuel bill...

you didn't have some problem with the environment ?
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 9:09am
Nope.  None at all.  All of these move quite well through any environment I've had them in.

If you want to hump a tree I suggest focusing on:

• Coal fired power plants
  • Stockpiles of nuclear waste
  • Filthy manufacturing processes
  • Chinese products with dangerous levels of lead content
  • Co2 emissions from cattle farming
  • Destruction of rain forests measured in square miles each year
  • Millions of tons annually of human waste/garbage

If you're truly worried about the world, I suggest focusing on these:

• War in Iraq
  • War in Afganistan
  • Somoli pirates
  • AIDS epidemic
  • Communist dictatorships
  • Starving children
  • Iran building nuclear weapons with the stated purpose of actually using them
  • Global human rights
  • Violent crime
  • Religious and racial intolerance
  • Humans participating in the wholsale slaughter of each other
  • The soaring price of the average bar tab

I could be wrong, but perhaps these are bigger issues that need addressing.  There are plenty more pressing issues on this ball of dirt and water to worry about than what some anonymous guy on the internet is driving or how much fuel he is burning.

Figures, even on a damn game site someone would have a position on what someone else is doing.  WTF-  I don't judge you for being an a$$hole who is worried about what I'm doing.  Why do you judge me for what I drive or do in my spare time?

LMAO - the sum value of the products I purchase and use regularly is what keeps people working and eating.  I also help just over 120,000 people find a job every year.  So, I guess I'm contributing and am comfortable with what I'm doing.  Let's not be short sighted.  Remember this; your opinion.... is just that.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 9:31am

Nope.  None at all.  All of these move quite well through any environment I've had them in.

• Coal fired power plants
  • Filthy manufacturing processes
  • Chinese products with dangerous levels of lead content
  • Co2 emissions from cattle farming
  • Destruction of rain forests measured in square miles each year
  • Millions of tons annually of human waste/garbage

If you're truly worried about the world, I suggest focusing on these:

• War in Iraq
  • War in Afganistan
  • Somoli pirates
  • AIDS epidemic
  • Communist dictatorships
  • Starving children
  • Iran building nuclear weapons with the stated purpose of actually using them
  • Global human rights
  • Violent crime
  • Religious and racial intolerance
  • Humans participating in the wholsale slaughter of each other
  • The soaring price of the average bar tab

I could be wrong, but perhaps these are bigger issues that need addressing.  There are plenty more pressing issues on this ball of dirt and water to worry about than what some anonymous guy on the internet is driving or how much fuel he is burning.

Figures, even on a damn game site someone would have a position on what someone else is doing.  WTF-  I don't judge you for being an a$$hole who is worried about what I'm doing.  Why do you judge me for what I drive or do in my spare time?

LMAO - the sum value of the products I purchase and use regularly is what keeps people working and eating.  I also help just over 120,000 people find a job every year.  So, I guess I'm contributing and am comfortable with what I'm doing.  Let's not be short sighted.  Remember this; your opinion.... is just that.
Cheers! Excellent post! Damn bark-eaters always seem to know what's best for everyone else.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 1:26pm

Nuclear Energy provides 20% of US electricity and the vast majority of our base load. 

Utilities have paid over $19 billion into the Nuclear Waste Fund for waste disposal, mostly through a 0.1 cent/kWh levy towards final disposal, so that by September 2008 it had accumulated over $31 billion, including interest. The fund is growing by about $750 million per year from utility inputs and $1 billion from interest.

As of 2008, there was some 58,000 tonnes of civil used fuel awaiting disposal and about 12,800 tonnes of government used fuel and separated high-level wastes. The total increases by about 2,500 tonnes per year.  All of the radiation release from this material doesn't make it out of the holding facilities, let alone into the public or environment.

Unless there are more concerns over nuclear waste, remove it from your list of problems.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 1:40pm
Well, it's my list- and it's still a concern for me and millions of others.

You need to check the status of Yucca Mountain and what the current Administration has done recently regarding the future of this facility.  Your studying Nuclear energy doesn't make you an expert on the storage and disposition of the waste by-products produced by this process.

Here's where you cut and paste your data from: http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf41_US_nuclear_fuel_cycle.html

You are also missing the levy on all utility bills pa**ed to the consumers above and beyond the levy paid directly by the utilities.  In total, it is a huge sum indeed (wouldn't pretend to know the number though).

The point of the post is that there are a great many real concerns greater than whether I am burning a bit of fossil fuel as I live MY life.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 6:01pm
There is no trend between utilities that operate nuclear power plants and the price of electricity.
http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/images/electriccostmap.gif
http://deathby1000papercuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/reactors-map.gif

While energy secretary Steven Chu cut off fund to effectively freeze Yucca, the technologies to appropriately process and dispose of waste exist and are in use in Japan, France, and the UK.  Nuclear spent fuel is not an environmental concern, as are the other items on your list.

We have experts at this university.  Dr. Yim teaches end of life management.  
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 6:08pm

There is no trend between utilities that operate nuclear power plants and the price of electricity.

While energy secretary Steven Chu cut off fund to effectively freeze Yucca, the technologies to appropriately process and dispose of waste exist and are in use in Japan, France, and the UK.  Nuclear spent fuel is not an environmental concern, as are the other items on your list.

ooh this is gonna be good.. where's Necro when u need him?  lol

btw Sid Vicious, ur list is missing the alarming downward trend of purchases for old WHAM albums.. seems peeps aren't buying them as much as before.. this, unlike ur petty list.. is a real concern.. let's get serious about issues. :P
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 6:08pm

Han Fei.. u look funny in this pic.. I just can't imagine getting my a** kicked in WF by someone looking like this... lose the tie at least Han lol :P
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 7:03pm
I'm not interested in a pissing match over any one of the items on my list.  Simply stated my opinion and you have stated yours.  It's cool.

It would be a shame of the greater intent of the post was lost due to a discussion on things that neither of us are experts in.  I'm an observer and you are a student.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 7:17pm

I'm not interested in a pissing match over any one of the items on my list.  Simply stated my opinion and you have stated yours.  It's cool.

It would be a shame of the greater intent of the post was lost due to a discussion on things that neither of us are experts in.  I'm an observer and you are a student.

ok fine but what about the WHAM issue?  am I the only one whose world has been turned upside down over this?  jeez I don't know what this world is coming to.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 7:20pm
LMAO - I don't know bro.  My focus is squarely on the rising costs in the average bar tab.  It's gotten WAY out of control!
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 7:59pm

LMAO - I don't know bro.  My focus is squarely on the rising costs in the average bar tab.  It's gotten WAY out of control!

serves you right.  who drinks blue label in this economy anymore anyways.. stop trying to be like fitty and drink ripple and Colt45 like the rest of us you pretentious snob! :P

in fact.. I'm adding ur bar tab to my list of concerns how do you like that? lol
BAB NRG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAB NRG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:52pm
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:35pm
Although the picture is too large, it looks nice!
BAB NRG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAB NRG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 8:11pm

Although the picture is too large, it looks nice!
Thanks HanFei, I'm trying to fix it but it won't erase.

Edit: Oh well I just put a link to the other thread.
misfit44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote misfit44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 1:36pm
 here is my car 4 everybody that always asks. (sorry if the pics are 2 big)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>