Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

So about the game being dead..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So about the game being dead..
    Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

OMG crow, I am going to slap you.. you think that the only reason why foot mode players don't play vehicles is because vehicle players accuse them of cheating?!?! How about the fact that foot mode players look to achieve their own personal stats and high scores that probably won't get noticed in vehicle modes because of the point system... and in most cases if you work your ass off in vehicle modes you probably won't be the top dog in points. here is an example:

Lil Johnnie, our foot mode player, walks into Warfare.. dominates the ground, kills people left and right.. OOO headshot, yah shock combo here.. shock combo there.. aw man I'm AWESOME... end of game:
Crack Head Jim 500 points
Lil Johnnie 26 points

Now, crack head jim took care of all the cores, built nodes and got more points..no skill involved you said right?... do you think the all mighty foot mode player Lil Johnnie would be satisfied to achieve 26 points while a weak non good player vehicle player called Crack Head Jim out scored him??!?!

lmao the best post ever! i wanna frame it! JP JP JP
!
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

um that doesnt matter if your connection is good. have you ever played on dsl and worse only connecting to that around 27-32%? try playing on a connection that ****ty lol. i cant wait to get my T3

You're getting T3? Sweet.

edit: what's so great about JP's post? That's for a very select group of people, they've been infected with the common 'CoD4 scrub'-virus which I've seen before on public gaming forums
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 5:36pm
I started in foot modes (DM), then went to vehicle modes (WF, VCTF). Now I'm playing foot modes a little more (CTF). I don't see what the big deal is. It's all UT3. It's all fun. It's all with some really cool people. Can't we all just get along!!!!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by BAIN

I started in foot modes (DM), then went to vehicle modes (WF, VCTF). Now I'm playing foot modes a little more (CTF). I don't see what the big deal is. It's all UT3. It's all fun. It's all with some really cool people. Can't we all just get along!!!!

I play whatever modes my friends play. Only reason why I don't enjoy ctf too much is because there isn't a bloody map lol. All I generally try to do is back up flag runners/kill them... so I like being able to see where the flag carrier is.

Game isn't dead for me, not dead for hundreds of other people either. people come, people go.
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

<FONT style=": #000000">um that doesnt matter if your connection is good. have you ever played on dsl and worse only connecting to that around 27-32%? try playing on a connection that ****ty lol. i cant wait to get my T3

ok sweetie i had a great connection u happy now does it make your ass less sore?? ownage bro pure sheer ownage!
!
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 5:42pm
we can go 1v1 one right now or 2v2 u n lunchy vs me n terror??
!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Striderfx

OMG crow, I am going to slap you.. you think that the only reason why foot mode players don't play vehicles is because vehicle players accuse them of cheating?!?! How about the fact that foot mode players look to achieve their own personal stats and high scores that probably won't get noticed in vehicle modes because of the point system... and in most cases if you work your ass off in vehicle modes you probably won't be the top dog in points. here is an example:

Lil Johnnie, our foot mode player, walks into Warfare.. dominates the ground, kills people left and right.. OOO headshot, yah shock combo here.. shock combo there.. aw man I'm AWESOME... end of game:
Lil Johnnie 26 points

Now, crack head jim took care of all the cores, built nodes and got more points..no skill involved you said right?... do you think the all mighty foot mode player Lil Johnnie would be satisfied to achieve 26 points while a weak non good player vehicle player called Crack Head Jim out scored him??!?!

xD i can screen shot it for you!
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by iAM_OffTheEdGe

Lil Johnnie 26 points

xD i can screen shot it for you!
plz do thanks!
!
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 6:33pm
sorry to get off topic for just a sec, i didn't think this was worthy of getting its own thread....
so i just got a PM from strider "ordering" me to tell everyone how he owned Envy in a warfare game that i was involved in earlier today. if i did he said he'll "take it easy on me" in our clan match.
in response:
1) Envy led both teams in points for the 3 rounds of Downtown that i was involved in.
2) strider, i find it funny u go around playing as UNREAL_INFAMOUS and trying to work ur way into matches u hav no business being in, when u are not a part of that clan.
3) go suck a big one, who do u think u are trying to intimidate me? get over yourself.
k now back on topic....
i dont think the game is dead, more servers are filling up every day.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 6:50pm
Oh I expected strider to impress me ingame with all this talk on the forums. Guess I didn't run into him enough during the games?
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by iAM_TX2k7

sorry to get off topic for just a sec, i didn't think this was worthy of getting its own thread....so i just got a PM from strider "ordering" me to tell everyone how he owned Envy in a warfare game that i was involved in earlier today. if i did he said he'll "take it easy on me" in our clan match.in response:1) Envy led both teams in points for the 3 rounds of Downtown that i was involved in.2) strider, i find it funny u go around playing as UNREAL_INFAMOUS and trying to work ur way into matches u hav no business being in, when u are not a part of that clan. 3) go suck a big one, who do u think u are trying to intimidate me? get over yourself.k now back on topic....i dont think the game is dead, more servers are filling up every day.
LMAO TX!
!
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 6:56pm
envy and yourself got owned! didnt u hear what JP said about crack head jim and lil johnnie points mean nothing when i denied you tme n tme again and you lost!
!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by FoeBia

instagb is so much fun. I was on my iAM_Christian account. if we can get pcspeed to work on dedicateds it will be epic.
istagib ctf is very fun to play.. i used to play it alot when team FEAR was still around!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 7:04pm
@ strider
The point of her post was that this specific group can't stand scoring lower compared to the crackhead who did teamwork and valuable stuff and thus scored high.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 7:10pm

envy and yourself got owned! didnt u hear what JP said about crack head jim and lil johnnie points mean nothing when i denied you tme n tme again and you lost!

its a game dude get over yourself and stop thinking that by accomplishing anything in game that it means anything. i play for fun, and i really could care less what u did/didnt do.

"Video game addiction, or more broadly video game overuse, is excessive or compulsive use of computer and video games that interferes with daily life. Instances have been reported in which users play compulsively, isolating themselves from, or from other forms of, social contact and focusing almost entirely on in-game achievements rather than broader life events."
read the last two lines
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:00pm
LOL, you just described about 95% of the people reading that TX
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:18pm

OMG crow, I am going to slap you.. you think that the only reason why foot mode players don't play vehicles is because vehicle players accuse them of cheating?!?! How about the fact that foot mode players look to achieve their own personal stats and high scores that probably won't get noticed in vehicle modes because of the point system... and in most cases if you work your a** off in vehicle modes you probably won't be the top dog in points. here is an example:

Lil Johnnie 26 points

wow jp no offence but this post is so damn stupid you misunderstood everything i said about foot vs vehicles EVERYTHING

here....
foot mode players who have been playin this game for years have played it to frag or to play ctf they do not like vehicles ..VEHICLES take out the vehicles in vctf and ull have ctf im sure if you took out vehicles in warfare more foot mode players would play it ...nice job makin it seem like foot mode players only care about stats really no one cares about stats ifu  do ur an idiot... we just dont like vehicles... thats like one of you vehicle players coming into a duel only picking heatray to jump in the darkwalker...bull**** its why most ppl hate heatray because of the darkwalker because noobs always get in it thinkin they are good

vehicle players hate playing duel dm tdm and ctf because of these reasons and this is what ive read on THIS forum... 1: its too boring you need more of a purpose and it requires no strategy (requires alot more strategy then ppl believe) and 2:because they cant kill for **** using weapons unless they spam like i said foot vs vehicles vehicles dont like foot because of THIS THIS AND THAT and VICE VERSA ...before sayin something stupid like ur going to physically hit me understand my post and ask me about it if you have any questions or doubts you know i will be more then willing to explain anything i mean

as far as foot mode players being called cheaters from vehicle players i see this all the f***in time ive been accused myself random hate pms in my damn psn inbox cause i kept fragging some dude with a shock rifle or sniper rifle barely missing
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:18pm

its a game dude get over yourself and stop thinking that by accomplishing anything in game that it means anything. i play for fun, and i really could care less what u did/didnt do.

"Video game addiction, or more broadly video game overuse, is excessive or compulsive use of computer and video games that interferes with daily life. Instances have been reported in which users play compulsively, isolating themselves from, or from other forms of, social contact and focusing almost entirely on in-game achievements rather than broader life events."
read the last two lines

a.k.a. getting a girlfriend or boyfriend.  or playing a REAL sport.  pick one, there's so many!!!
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Ether404

read the last two lines

a.k.a. getting a girlfriend or boyfriend.  or playing a REAL sport.  pick one, there's so many!!!
i think in his case its all of the above (not tx lol)
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:42pm
Anyone can be good at anymode! To me, its map knowledge, I use to suck at Rising Sun, but after learning it, its a different story!  Also Crow, knowing JP like i do, im sure here physically slapping you, im sure she meant a E-Slap!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Anyone can be good at anymode! To me, its map knowledge, I use to suck at Rising Sun, but after learning it, its a different story!  Also Crow, knowing JP like i do, im sure here physically slapping you, im sure she meant a E-Slap!
ur totally right but no one ever ..i mean EVER takes the damn time  to be good in certain modes they that normally dont play because they are not in their safe zone they dont want ppl to think poorly of them as far as JP e-slap i know but she does live 16 hours away and if she ever visits me and cokken imma ...nvm...

edit:i forgot to add they only play these modes with their own clan or friends then claim they play every mode when they truely dont
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:50pm
lol strider wow you really need to get a better life seriously. this is my last response to you ever, its not even worth me typing another letter about or to you ever again. now move around troll scum, please find someone else who will give a ****...

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:50pm
Thats something ive never understood! Learning a new mode is unavoidable, unless you play Godlike Bots in instant action! But then, most people i play are nastier than godlike bots anyway (unless the bot is using link alt)    :/ 
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:51pm
i was an original foot mode player.. since i was in BIOFREAKS and DK... top notch dm clans pretty much... i got bored of playing just 1 mode that consisted of straight up killing... i decided to broaden my horizons and get into a mode where there was more than one objective rather than killing... pretty much i am sick of people comparing foot mode players Vs vehicle players... look... of course we are not going to perform as good as we do in our primary mode! i fortunatley do well in both [imo]... but i'm just saying... quit downgrading eachother... please?
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Thats something ive never understood! Learning a new mode is unavoidable, unless you play Godlike Bots in instant action! But then, most people i play are nastier than godlike bots anyway (unless the bot is using link alt)    :/ 
honestly its easier to play a easy skill bot vs a godlike bot in order to get good at new modes) it lets you get used to the maps and routes easier without too much trouble eventually work your way up to godlike though ctf against godlike bots is annoying lol but as far as duel dm and tdm godlike bots are pretty easy since they can be predicted quite easily  (example if a bot takes a  certain amount of damage they will stop shooting at you and go for health)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>