Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Whats Your Favourite Game Of All Time?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats Your Favourite Game Of All Time?
    Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 3:19pm
Mine has got to be The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for N64

the story line, music and gameplay are pure genious and i have never felt so involved in any game

i also love Shadow of the Colossus and that is why my name is ColossusSlayer, its so epic and i love how it gives you a basic plot of the story but leaves enough space to add your own opinion of what happend before the story and what will happen next, any game where you play as one man and have a bow and arrow and nothing else and set out to slay 16 giants that completely tower above you to resurect the one you love from the after life after she has been chastised and sacrifised for betrayal of her king, in my opinion is amazing

i love UT3 but its not the best game ever it is just a shooter after all

tell us what game you admire the most?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 4:34pm
i've never played any Zelda games but i've noticed alot of people are into it so i might consider giving it a try. as for Shadow of the Colossus...is that game foreign? i saw my friend play it and the characters were speaking in a different language O_O

for my favorite game.. i'd have to say KingdomHearts

KH is what branched off my serious gaming... i fell in love with the story line and definatley the game play! i dont normally play RPGS because of the stupid turn base combat... i like to just get my hands dirty... thats why i could never get into any of those final fantasy games... but KH was and still is amazing... i cant wait til KH3!!!

and another favorite game of mine would have to be Mortal Kombat:Deadly Alliance! my very first online game!!! i would whoop people badly with Scorpio!!!
GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 5:30pm
lol Shadows of the Colossus.(been watching Reign on Me lately) That was indeed a groundbreaking game just like Ocarin of Time, very very good games.
Favorite game for myself would be a three wayWink.. tie. God of War, Resident Evil 4 and Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. If you haven't played these games........do it.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by X_EdGe

i've never played any Zelda games but i've noticed alot of people are into it so i might consider giving it a try. as for Shadow of the Colossus...is that game foreign? i saw my friend play it and the characters were speaking in a different language O_O

for my favorite game.. i'd have to say KingdomHearts

KH is what branched off my serious gaming... i fell in love with the story line and definatley the game play! i dont normally play RPGS because of the stupid turn base combat... i like to just get my hands dirty... thats why i could never get into any of those final fantasy games... but KH was and still is amazing... i cant wait til KH3!!!

and another favorite game of mine would have to be Mortal Kombat:Deadly Alliance! my very first online game!!! i would whoop people badly with Scorpio!!!

Yay.. another KH fan.. lol..  Oh, and KH: 358/2 Days should be coming out later this year.  The japanese version is coming out next month, unless it gets delayed.  I'm looking out more for Birth By Sleep and KH3 though..

Oh, and as for my favorite game series, KH (the one RPG that I like) falls short of that.  You probably heard me mention it a few times before..  It's another FPS.. TimeSplitters.  My favorite of the genre being TimeSplitters: Future Perfect.  It may not have a jump button and might be a bit slower than UT3, but with the huge variety of characters and weapons, along with a level builder, where you could build and play (no PC to PS3/ PS2 stuff.. TS's mapmaker is make on the PS2 and play.. plus.. there you could directly upload your maps online and share them over the TS/ PS network.. not that I still appreciate the work that UT3mod does..).  Besides, there's a decent story mode, a challenge mode (various challenges), and an Arcade League (challenges set in the games' various game modes), along with some of the best and most memorable music in any FPS. (Okay, Halo's theme is obviously more memorable, but what other pieces do you recall from Halo?).
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 8:59pm
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect = BEST FPS Ever
PSN:Imaginative
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 9:02pm
Street fighter series=Greatest of all time. Also a huge MK fan before they made the 3D ones
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 10:27pm
Metal Gear Solid series. I have played alot of incredible games, like FF7 and FF10 were legends of their time. But MGS had so many grey area's, so much conspiracy , so many twist its no wonder Hideo Kojima is nothing short of a genius.

From MGS1 to MGS4 Solid Snake has to be the most in-depth protaginist i've ever witnessed in a Movie/Book/VideoGame.

I have played alot of games, and im a big fan of many series. But MGS has to be the greatest (in my mind) that i have ever experienced.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 10:37pm
well lets see i have a few that i absolutely love to play MGS series hands down most FF's Most legend of zelda games and every UT game lol

i do agree with xkalonebur MK was insane before they made it 3d trilogy hands down was the best game
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 10:40pm
I never really got into any series of games... I played a MGS on the ps2 but didn't enjoy it.

If I was gonna say any game that really got me hooked I'd have to go for Zelda... Orcarina of time, my bro has just started playing it again. Also when I had my n64 I used to love goldeneye multiplayer and single mode... that was the ****!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 11:54pm
Btw.. fun little fact about Bumrush's and my favorite series..  Wonder where some of the inspiration for the TS series' multi-player and levels come from?  The TS series' developer (formerly Free Radical Design.. now Crytek UK) was founded by some of the people that worked on Goldeneye, who had splintered away from Rare itself.

Anyways, one game magazine refered TS2 as "Heir apparent to Goldeneye."  I wonder why. Tongue
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 9:16am
The legend of zelda series is amazing, i have zelda tattoo's all over my right arm, if you would like to see them go on my myspace and go on photo's and on the tattoo album, i have to update the album because i have had it all coloured now and the triforce and link bit is only outlines on the pictures, but my princess zelda tattoo is my pride and joy it took 6 hours in 1 session and then another 2 hours to finish it of just for zelda

my myspace url is my signiture by the way

i dont think i would even be playin games including UT3 if it wasnt for ocarina of time, i got it for xmas the year it came out and i was 12 and i got so stuck at some parts but i fell in love with the story line so much i continued and when i had completed it it changed the way i thought about gaming and i have been an addict ever since.

i have completed it atleast 25 times now and i could answer any question any1 asked me about it of by heart i knwo it inside out

majora's mask was amazing as well and also know that 1 of by heart and even collected every mask in the whole game with no help which was an epic task, hardest thing ive ever done in a game

shadow of the colossus you can complete in 4 to 5 hours, the fastest i have completed it was 2hours10min which was a speed run i did

and danjel i have to agree goldeneye multiplayer was insane, i got so good at that i never lost to any1 of my friends. goldeneye on xboxlive or psn please ( not gonna happen though )

i like this thread keep your favourites coming

Zoltrekun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zoltrekun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 12:21pm
In my case, it's a tie between Metal Gear Solid 1 and Super Mario Land 2:6 Golden Coins. Both games left a deep impact on my gaming, SML2 for being so different from SML1, and much better, and MGS1 for having a story so deep, that it's probably better than most of blockbuster movies.

Oh ****, how could I forget UT3, my first game that I spent sooo much time online playing competitive...lol
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 12:53pm
Besides old school Nintendo games, i.e., Metroid, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Mario, Gradius, Crystalis, Excitebike, Duck Hunt & MT's Punch Out.

My favorite games, or game series, of all time is Gran Turismo and Oni Musha.
TyroneJester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TyroneJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 4:05pm
Nintendo games,  Super Metroid,  Zelda, All Mario games, Gradius, Duck Hunt, Streetfighter 2 turbo, Mortal kombat series
PS games: Colin mc Rae Rally, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, UT3, Teken
Sega: Sonic, the first Alex kid on the Master System, Shinobi.

I would have to say that would be about it! lol
You Have To Look Good!
Too Kill Good!
AK-47-D-MAFIA View Drop Down
Team AK-47
Team AK-47

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47-D-MAFIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 2:02am
best games that i had play will be :
- UT3
- PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER: 2007
- GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS
-RESISTANCE
-MARIO PARTY 2
-DIDDY KONG RACING
-FIHGTING FORCE
-DUKE NUKEM : land of the babes
-METAL SLUG X
-CRASH TEAM RACING "CTR"
-TENCHU
“The fool says in his heart, ”There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1)
AK-47-D-MAFIA View Drop Down
Team AK-47
Team AK-47

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47-D-MAFIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 2:15am
also AGE OF EMPIRES III
“The fool says in his heart, ”There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1)
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 3:35am
Donkey Kong, NCAA Football 09 and hands down UT3 is the BEST!
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 3:48am
star wars kotor
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 10:41pm
Final Fantasy ftw...

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 12:32am
Unreal Tournament 3
Timesplitters: Future Perfect
Socom 2: US Navy Seals
Frequency
Resident Evil: Outbreak
Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2
Marvel VS Capcom 2
The King of Fighters 2000/2001
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
007: Agent Under Fire
Red Faction 2
Super Smash Bros (N64 Version)
Goldeneye (N64 Version)
NFL Blitz (N64 Version)

The games I have listed are the games that basically made me. Those are the best damn games I have ever played. Basically dedicated a year or even longer to each of those games. You have to play them. They are all addicting.
AK-47_ML-79 View Drop Down
Team AK-47
Team AK-47

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47_ML-79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 6:27pm
arcade- spy hunter/ street fighter 2
PC- warcraft 2/ starcraft/ shadow warrior/ soldier of fortune/ duke nukem
PS3- UT3/ GTA IV
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 12:39am
(Final Fantasy 7 best game period), Kingdom hearts 1,2, RE4, Marvel vs Capcom2, Heavenly Sword, and off course ut3.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 1:14am
My favorite games

PS2--Need for speed: Most Wanted--God Of War (1-2)
PS3--UT3--LBP
GameCube--Animal Crossing--Mario Kart Double Dash
PC--StarCraft--Half Life--TheSims

Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

My favorite games

PS2--Need for speed: Most Wanted

That's my most favorite racing game so far (until a new and better one comes out.. or I find that I like Midnight Club: LA is better.) and definitely my most favorite PS2 Racing game, even though it lacks Drifting (the best mode in the series), Street-X (Yeah, I know it's pretty much  circuit on a smaller track, but it's still awesome.), and the better of the two new UG2 modes, Outrun, along the ability to stack vinyls and other various customization features.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:02pm

I agree, Most Wanted is the best NFS series out there, it was the only NFS that I almost completed, I believe I got to the 3rd person off the list.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>