Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Cars, trucks and bikes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Future Car - What Car Do You Want?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Future Car - What Car Do You Want?
    Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:11am
Originally posted by NecroBeestiality

Originally posted by SickNviciouS

I may need to get one down the road for a grocery getter.

However you wanna justify it buddy....we know your going to get a hybrid cuz u want one....groceries my a$$ lol.....the torque is instant in the prius at least. the torque from electric motors peaks instantly. i just don't know if i could get used to a sports car with no exhaust note. seems like less fun.

Busted...

When you're done with those, I'd like my nuts back!

I really like the Fisker and the Tesla products.  They're damn pricey.  The kids aren't going to college, but they'll have great boating and driving memories Wink
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 6:26pm
I spend a good chunk of every day trying to figure out what the best balance of refinement, year-round driveability, gas mileage, luxury, factory performance and performance potentail for under $15k. I considered lots of cars and for a while was positive that Acura/Honda had the best balance in their Integra and Prelude models but a pre owned Audi S4 is actually not that much more expensive. You can get one with 80 thousand miles for under 10 thousand in the midwest. AWD is good year round and they are twin turboed out of the box, plus the have 6 cyl instead of 4. Suede headliner, HID lights....massive massive tuning potential.....typical audi luxury too. I have been going back and fourth between that and a Prelude with a 220hp stock 2 liter 4cyl from the RSX S type swapped in. Thats also doable for under $15. 30 less hp and a lot less torque though....but that is prior to adding a turbo.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 6:57pm

I spend a good chunk of every day trying to figure out what the best balance of refinement, year-round driveability, gas mileage, luxury, factory performance and performance potentail for under $15k. I considered lots of cars and for a while was positive that Acura/Honda had the best balance in their Integra and Prelude models but a pre owned Audi S4 is actually not that much more expensive. You can get one with 80 thousand miles for under 10 thousand in the midwest. AWD is good year round and they are twin turboed out of the box, plus the have 6 cyl instead of 4. Suede headliner, HID lights....massive massive tuning potential.....typical audi luxury too. I have been going back and fourth between that and a Prelude with a 220hp stock 2 liter 4cyl from the RSX S type swapped in. Thats also doable for under $15. 30 less hp and a lot less torque though....but that is prior to adding a turbo.
I cant rememebr is the A4 a bigger body than the A4 as well as a bigger engine?
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 7:27pm
S4 = A4 Chassis and body + 2.7Twin Turbo V6 (from the A6). It is like the m3 by audi. Compare it to the E36 M3, the one that was made in the mid to late 90s. HP is just decent at 256 but the torque is much higher i believe. Regardless, anything with a turbo is a $400 ecu upgrade away from being much more powerful.

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 7:31pm
Your bimmer is in between the current A4 in its strongest trim and the S4 which is in a dead heat with the M3 for compact sport sedan supremacy. Audi doesn't have any engines in the 300hp range for its entry level sport sedan like your 335. That is most likely at the top of their list. BMW and Merc set the trends everyone else is following with in a generation. Turbo'd 6s are going to be very common in that segment soon. They fall somewhere between a 6 cyl and 8 cyl in fuel economy while giving the perf of a bonafide 8. The limits of a naturally aspirated 6 are being reached. Nissan has the G35/Maxima/Altima/350z engine pushing well north of 300 hp with no turbo. That is about as far as its going to go and while remaing affordable. You either have to add a pair of cylinders which is politically incorrect and not the smartest thing or add a turbo or super or both (in the case of the mini). Even Acura's entry level SUV, the RDX sports a turbo now.

One other car I would consider is the Dodge Magnum Wagon with the Hemi and AWD. You can't get that combination in the sedan unfortunately but that engine will lay a 10ft stripe of rubber out of the factory in rear while drive spec. I am weary of the quality standards at Chrysler but its a large, plush interior and that engine is to die for. Plus the cool thing about 8 cylinders is you throw on a new exhaust, bam 20hp. Headers? Another 15hp.  Do that on a 4cyl import and you get like 3hp lol. Yet everyone still does it.

F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 10:43am
Il Tempo Gigante is THE car to get;-)
Check out Zenvo!! Danish extreme car...
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 9:01pm

engine

The history of Bugatti Models began in 1909.

Ettore and his son, Jean Bugatti created many automobiles assigning great importance on luxurious extravagance.

Other members of the family also worked on the machines taking care of their technical perfection.

In the 19th century Bugatti Models were successful in racing. They have won more races than any other car has.

Bugatti ran everything by himself. He designed the cars and an electric power station as well. His son took over the racing management.

EB110

EB110 SS

Engine

Quad-turbo, 3.5 litre, 60 valve V12

Weight
1615 kg
1410kg
Power (HP)
560 hp @ 8000 rpm
592 hp @ 8000 rpm
Torque
611 Nm

Topspeed - Km/h
336 km/h
352 km/h
Miles / hour
209 mph
219mph
Acceleration:

0 to 100 Km/h
3.6 s
3.2 s
0 to 140 Km/h
6.5 s

0 to 180 Km/h
10.8 s

0 to 200 Km/h
14 s

car

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 6:24pm
I remember that bugatti. The current bugatti Veyron is so over the top that there is a switch in the glove box that activates (by key) the aero kit (spoilers) and allows speeds of over 155 to be reached. Normally it is governed at 155. If you flip the switch and floor the gas at 155, it will push you in the back of your seat until about 220. After 220, the speedo will continue creeping toward the high 250s with the right driver, road and weather conditions. In Dubai they have sheikhs with several veyrons in different colors. I was over there and saw one in all chrome. 100% chrome. The Veyron has 4 turbos and 4 radiators as well. The engine sucks in more air than any other car on the road, apparently the noise of the air entering the engine just behind your head is at times much louder than the 16 Cylinder engine. Yeah. 16 cylinders. I believe they have 8 Ls of displacement but it might be more. The problem with owning car is the cost of ownership.....its gotto be so annoying to drop a thousand dollars for an oil change and tuneup not to metion real maintenance and repair and insurance. Yikes. If I rocked an exotic it would probably be a Audi R8 5.2 like Pinnacle has or even a vintage Ferrari that could be had for under $50,000. Not uber fast but still faster than most cars on the road and anything itialian sounds so  good, you just leave the radio off.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:21pm
My car is better ... Me+Legs=Walking my happy a** =)
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:16pm

just to back up necro.  here you go.

I remember that bugatti. The current bugatti Veyron is so over the top that there is a switch in the glove box that activates (by key) the aero kit (spoilers) and allows speeds of over 155 to be reached. Normally it is governed at 155. If you flip the switch and floor the gas at 155, it will push you in the back of your seat until about 220. After 220, the speedo will continue creeping toward the high 250s with the right driver, road and weather conditions. In Dubai they have sheikhs with several veyrons in different colors. I was over there and saw one in all chrome. 100% chrome. The Veyron has 4 turbos and 4 radiators as well. The engine sucks in more air than any other car on the road, apparently the noise of the air entering the engine just behind your head is at times much louder than the 16 Cylinder engine. Yeah. 16 cylinders. I believe they have 8 Ls of displacement but it might be more. The problem with owning car is the cost of ownership.....its gotto be so annoying to drop a thousand dollars for an oil change and tuneup not to metion real maintenance and repair and insurance. Yikes. If I rocked an exotic it would probably be a Audi R8 5.2 like Pinnacle has or even a vintage Ferrari that could be had for under $50,000. Not uber fast but still faster than most cars on the road and anything itialian sounds so  good, you just leave the radio off.
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Ether404

just to back up necro.  here you go.

Ha. That's funny because when I wrote that I was pulling all that info from the times I watched and re-watched that on my DVR the first time it aired on BBC America in '07/'08. I will have to rewatch the youtube to see what details I was off on. Nice find. Amazing car. Certainly no Lotus Exige in the twisties but pretty damn good for a car of its weight and power.

Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 1:08am

Ha. That's funny because when I wrote that I was pulling all that info from the times I watched and re-watched that on my DVR the first time it aired on BBC America in '07/'08. I will have to rewatch the youtube to see what details I was off on. Nice find. Amazing car. Certainly no Lotus Exige in the twisties but pretty damn good for a car of its weight and power.

no doubt it's an exotic car.  one of the best ever fashioned.  by for that kind of money, i would personally go for something a bit more, how do i say it, sexier.  the CCXR claims to go faster than a bugatti, but that has yet to be seen.  but you can't deny the CCXR is much better looking, even though the chances of death in a Koenigsegg are MUCH higher.  lol.   1018 HP isn't a bad fact either.  
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 11:39am
Necro, 3 weeks until delivery. One week in the shop for customization. I've decided to go with the Abt complete package for the car. Then straight to the track for testing. My buddy, who is a race car driver for BMW, wants to push the car to 190+ on the track. We hope to get some pics, which I'll post on the site.

F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Ether404

no doubt it's an exotic car.  one of the best ever fashioned.  by for that kind of money, i would personally go for something a bit more, how do i say it, sexier.  the CCXR claims to go faster than a bugatti, but that has yet to be seen.  but you can't deny the CCXR is much better looking, even though the chances of death in a Koenigsegg are MUCH higher.  lol.   1018 HP isn't a bad fact either.  
The designer (Bård Eker) of this car comes from Fredrikstad, my hometown.... the car is shait! The Stig drove straight off the track with it... They sell hydrolift boats and Koegg. Hydrol. is a blast:-) S24RR!!
MEGA_HOTT View Drop Down
Nooblett

Post Options Post Options   Quote MEGA_HOTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 12:18pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 1:23pm
BEASTLY a** car
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 4:02pm
Car Question?

Is fuel consumption only a function of the accelerator or a combination of both your current RPMs and the accelerator?

I have a manual Acura.
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 4:43pm
While you are far more likely to be able to calculate this than me...

My experience with fuel consumption ratios is that it is dependant on many factors.  Load being the most influential.  This was demonstrated best for me with my boat.

The boat weighs 7 tons empty.  I can add as much as 1,825 lbs. of fuel (Diesel 7.3lbs.*250) + another 800 lbs. of water + 12 average sized adults.  If I tavel on plane at 30 MPH with a full load of fuel, water and people, in smooth water and with the wind; I burn 1.2 gallons of fuel per mile traveled. 

Now, if it's just me and a quarter tank of fuel in the same conditions, I burn 0.89 gallons of fuel per mile traveled.

A car would be the same.  If you drive the same car empty and with minimal fuel in the flat land of Texas, you would burn far less fuel than performing the same driving in the mountains of California.

A greater load will require greater RPMs to produce the same speed. Obviously, more fuel is required to produce greater RPMs.  The load could be cargo, an incline, a heavy headwind, etc.

I always use Distance/time to calculate my true fuel consumption and I do this as a round trip to the same fueling station.

Edit: Other factors include 1)Fuel quality 2)Clean and sufficient air 3)maintenance & lubrication of internal parts 4) proper inflation of tires... and many more I'm probably forgetting.

Hope that's helpful.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 5:01pm
Thx Thumbs Up
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:22pm
Wanna Ride?

HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:37pm
I love the Audi!
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:14pm
I ordered a '10 R8 a month ago. I should be picking it up in two weeks.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Pinnacle

I ordered a '10 R8 a month ago. I should be picking it up in two weeks.
Nice, the car is beyond beautiful.

I ride public transport for ~50 minutes a day.  Ermm  Although it's far from the fastest, it's free.
It's super-sexy at peak load with ~45-55 people packed inside.  haha

LOL-i-ZER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:16pm
PEUGEOT SR1

OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Wanna Ride?

wow.. dream car right there..

i got an Audi A8 .. and its the best vehicle ive ever owned.. sticking with audi's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>