FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Future Car - What Car Do You Want?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Future Car - What Car Do You Want?
    Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by NecroBeestiality

Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

awwww u got the red leather? that is beautiful. do you have paddles or stick? coupe or sedan? xi or i?

Coup
Stick Shift ... I have never owned an automatic my entire driving career.

Going to put on my Winter Tires on Friday ... Blizzaks

Klipsch Speakers

blizzaks.....how much of a diff do the really make? is it huge? does it make a powerful rwd car like yours manageable in slippery, cold conditions?

and do u have winter wheels or do you have your summer tires removed from your original wheels?

The blizzzaks make a huge diff ... i used to have an audi A4 quattro and with my BMW w/ the BLizzaks I drive in 6 inches of snow with equal confidence on my rear wheel drive!

I do not have Winter wheels, on my old 3 series I used to have my Winters on Mille Miglias ... but my stock wheels are still pretty sweet
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:46pm

Bus, lol. jk
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by BAB NRG

I saw mention of the Challenger SRT-8.  I purchased this car six months ago and this is by far the best car I have ever owned.  Can't imagine one being better.

I just recently had the wheels powder-coated black and had a tint applied to the windows.  I have more pics if you want to see them.
(If you click on the picture it will show a larger version)

That is an absolutely sick ride. I like what you did with the wheels too.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by HanFei

Bus, lol. jk
Han, whomever created your clan tag at the bottom of your posts is brilliant. That is friggin awesome.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:43pm
Thx, although I would like to claim I made the background, I found it looking for Matrix photos to use.
BAB NRG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAB NRG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:39pm
Thanks Cokkenballs, I enjoy reading your posts, your a cool dude.....
LOL-i-ZER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:57am
Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

I saw mention of the Challenger SRT-8.  I purchased this car six months ago and this is by far the best car I have ever owned.  Can't imagine one being better.

I just recently had the wheels powder-coated black and had a tint applied to the windows.  I have more pics if you want to see them.

this is a sick ride !
OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
BAB NRG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAB NRG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by LOL-i-ZER

this is a sick ride !
Ha ha thanks for putting this one up.  We were taking a drive down by the beach and these guys were doing a photo shoot for a fireman's charity calendar.  They asked if they could use my car for some of their pics and of course I said yes.
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:48pm

what will air ride do for its handling? i have only heard of air ride suspensions on 4x4 rock crawling offroaders.....i am curious because getting a 3500lb+ car to handle well must be tricky.
3500lbs is nothing. Vette's, M5's, New Camaro's, Mustangs, GTO's weigh over 4000lbs and they handle just fine. They key is eliminating the 40 year old technology (leaf springs). The air bags are valved with computer controlls that take care of damping, rate, ride height etc. When I park the car, I can drop it in the weeds. When I go to the track, I raise the rear to accomodate the slicks. If I'm taking the car around town, I can adjust the suspension for comfort. All at the touch of a button. The kit I want can be found here. . . .

Ah. I see. That is pretty slick.

As for the cars you mentioned....

Vettes don't weigh 3500lbs and I don't think they ever will, because they are pure sports cars and GM knows pure sports cars have to handle very well. That doesn't happen at 3500lbs. 3000lbs is the magic number for a compromise between ride quality, handling, interior room and other factors. If you look at the best handling cars in the world based on subjective, opinion based reviews and slalom numbers, you will see cars like the Corvette Z06, Porsche Cayman S, Subaru STI, Mitsu EVO MR, BMW M3 CSL, Mazda RX-8. Yes these are all lightweight variants of their base form. However, even in their base form they are each well south of 3500lbs. These cars have almost neutral handling characteristics, or in the case of the ZO6, have some oversteer tendencies but that is to be expected. I am afriad to say the Challenger got some extremely ****ty reviews for its handling unlike the Camaro. That thing is an anchor though and also rides very very comfortably.

The Mustang GT is barely under 3500lbs but its handling regularly gets **** on by the likes of all major car magazines due to its archaic live rear axle. Somehow that thing has survived redesign after redesign. Unlike the archaic rear engine design of the Porsche Carerra, the live rear axel hit its maximum potential 20 years ago in the Fox body. I am sure that is because of a combination of the inherent German neurotic quest for dominance as well as a higher price per car.

The M5 and Camaro handle brilliantly! But its all relative my friend. The Mercedes S63AMG, at nearly 5000lbs handles incredibly. But handling well at 3800, or 5000lbs is not something thats going to hold al candle on the track to cars with or without less power closer to the 3000lb mark. I mean the differences are going to glacial. Ma**ive. The efforts by companies that put out good handling yet heavy vehicles are heroic but good handling is a relative term to the weight and the BEST handling commercially available cars under $100,000 are all in the 3000lb range.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:16pm
Keep in mind who this is coming from though. I have been thinking about moving away from the teenage car of choice/coke can on wheels/honda civic to a prelude, integra, accord or even 240sx for about a year now. I have been painstakingly going through the ways in my mind how I can overcome the added 2,3,4, 5 or 600lb weight increase that will come with any of those choices so your talking to an extreme weight snob. In my crazy head, more weight = need more power = need more $. If I had the cheddar, I would have bought an M3 or an S4 and been done with it but I don't. I have dreams of pushing something sleeperish in the 12/13 second range with plush insides upgraded by me. Essentially a japanese, poor mans m3 or s4 lol. And yeah I am well aware s4s are stupid heavy. The AWD justifies the weight penalty when u live in climate like mine however.

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
BAB NRG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAB NRG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:06pm
Hey Necro, you asked me once in a game what kind of srt8-2009, I didn't have a mic to answer but that's it in the previous post.
I almost got the Camaro instead of the Challenger no doubt the Camaro is a beautiful car.  But, in the end it came down to esthetics, I liked the look of the Challenger more.  It looks like an old-school muscle car whereas the Camaro looks too sporty.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 9:12pm

Nice car. Looks really clean. Love the black wheels.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 9:14pm

Keep in mind who this is coming from though. I have been thinking about moving away from the teenage car of choice/coke can on wheels/honda civic to a prelude, integra, accord or even 240sx for about a year now. I have been painstakingly going through the ways in my mind how I can overcome the added 2,3,4, 5 or 600lb weight increase that will come with any of those choices so your talking to an extreme weight snob. In my crazy head, more weight = need more power = need more $. If I had the cheddar, I would have bought an M3 or an S4 and been done with it but I don't. I have dreams of pushing something sleeperish in the 12/13 second range with plush insides upgraded by me. Essentially a japanese, poor mans m3 or s4 lol. And yeah I am well aware s4s are stupid heavy. The AWD justifies the weight penalty when u live in climate like mine however.

Dude, you need to move to Cali. That's were you can drive 3,600lb+ cars that hit 0-60 in around 4 seconds, while girls skirts are flying up to their face.
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 2:52am
I consider it about once a year. I never follow through though.

SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:27pm
Forgot about this thread.  Glad you brought it back up...

My new lust:

Cruel IntentionZ View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by SickNviciouS

My new lust:

yum, that looks lush! Thumbs Up
Some people are alive simply because it’s against the law to kill them.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 5:46pm
I saw the Fisker on TV the other day. It's actually pretty inexpensive at $78,000 for the one of the most well developed hybrids. Tesla also has a new model (Model S) coming out next year worth researching.

My my new baby:

Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by LuciFer

My new lust:

yum, that looks lush! Thumbs Up

Pretty awesome. Looks like the maserati quattroportte.

Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 5:56pm
Damn. It looks like that car will be hitting dealerships soon....42 of them. Impressive. I would have expected just NYC and LA at least at first.

Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 5:56pm

Fisker is the guy that designed the DB9. If you look close enough front to back, the cars look very similar.

HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 6:23pm
The all electric Aptera, as of now, is only available in California.

SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:15pm
HanFei,  I read a story about a guy who took one of those from San Francisco to Yellowstone and back with no trouble.  He did have to camp one night and pay for an electric hook-up at the park so he could get home.

Won't be too long before there's charging stations regularly available and decent distances apart.  I like the all electric and hybrid vehicles.  I may need to get one down the road for a grocery getter.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:36pm

ohhh, nice!!! i like it! pretty cool!

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 7:22am

I may need to get one down the road for a grocery getter.

However you wanna justify it buddy....we know your going to get a hybrid cuz u want one....groceries my a$$ lol.....the torque is instant in the prius at least. the torque from electric motors peaks instantly. i just don't know if i could get used to a sports car with no exhaust note. seems like less fun.

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 10:38am

Is the guido standing next to it an indication that this is what will replace the Iroc-Z?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>