Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MARVEL vs DC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MARVEL vs DC
    Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 4:34pm
i was having a convo with an individual and he says dc. i have to disagree. i'm going with marvel hands down!!!
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 4:37pm
please.  marvel has a bunch of big whiny babies(cyclops missing jean grey...baby) and are overpowered.  i'm a mutant, i don't want my powers!  i want to be normal!   DC has the coolest characters out there.  batman all the way along with all the other DC beasts. 

the hulk can beat superman. HA! HELL no! 
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 6:32pm
pssssh, DC has always had lame characters.  Marvel has always been unique, with better stories, cooler powers/mutations, better costumes.  I've been a marvel fanboy since I was very young, bought hundreds of marvel comics, never bought a single DC comic, wouldn't keep one if it was given to me.
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 7:58pm
Put Doomsday, Superman and Batman down. They would wipe out half of Marvel Universe. DC was always better than Marvel.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Arkos315 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
FLAK Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote Arkos315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Ether404

please.  marvel has a bunch of big whiny babies(cyclops missing jean grey...baby) and are overpowered.  i'm a mutant, i don't want my powers!  i want to be normal!   DC has the coolest characters out there.  batman all the way along with all the other DC beasts. 

the hulk can beat superman. HA! HELL no! 

what others thats all dc gots...

Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 8:33pm
superman would faint just looking at the hulk cause he's green. dc has only a handful (small handful ) of top notch characters. the dc universe is nothing in comparison. in gothom city they don't believe in day light, its always dark. everyone owns a tommygun and can't hit batman with a single bullet. but yet he throws a batarang and can knock two guns out of enemy hands. in metropolis everyone can figure that by taking off glasses clark kent isn't superman. lois is the one that needs them the most.
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Two_Fase

superman would faint just looking at the hulk cause he's green. dc has only a handful (small handful ) of top notch characters. the dc universe is nothing in comparison. in gothom city they don't believe in day light, its always dark. everyone owns a tommygun and can't hit batman with a single bullet. but yet he throws a batarang and can knock two guns out of enemy hands. in metropolis everyone can figure that by taking off glasses clark kent isn't superman. lois is the one that needs them the most.

oh not this crap AGAIN fase. 
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 2:23am
truth hurts, i know. lol
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 8:54am
Marvel comics hands down. Their characters have so much more depth, DC universe was a kids comic. Marvel was a man's comic.

Take for instance The Incredible Hulk...

You see with MOST characters/super hero's they have vurnability's right? But the suspense is the harm that can be delt to the protaganist in MOST comics. But...with the Hulk its different.

You see, the Hulk was not vurnable, BUT the vurnability lied in his transformation in the Hulk. Bruce Banner would Hulk out and go around laying siege and destroying everything in his path. He become a monster, a beat that lost reasoning and would go around terrorizing innocent civilians. So Bruce Banner was no vurnable himself, but the fact that he was afraid everytime he lost control he would harm the innocent.

And you see this...to a degree makes Hulk a real hero. Bruce Banner knew that when other evil organizations find out about this ''Gamma Technology''. Those evil/corrupt men would use it for there own biding. Those men would use it as a weapon, to destroy whoever got in there way.

Bruce Banner cure have cured himself, he could have got rid of the Hulk. But Bruce Banner and the Hulk needed each other. Bruce Banner knew if he removed the Hulk from existence, that there would be no other power capable of stoping the by-products of gamma technology. Bruce Banner knew the Hulk was the only line of defense of humanity against evil.

So Bruce Banner, in turned sacrificed his humanity and kept the Hulk. Bruce Banner knew, that even though he would become a monster. He could use this monstrosity to do good. And sacrifice is what define's a hero.

I have watched The Dark Knight (Batman), Iron Man, Watchmen, Spiderman 1,2,3, and X-men 1,2,3. But Sorry...but the Incredible Hulk HAS to have the coolest ****ing bar fight brawl against the Abomination. I won't argue that the incredible hulk was not a better movie overall. But the action ****ING OWNS in that movie.

I own it on blu-ray. And it looks insane on 1080p

And if anyone has heard/read the World War Hulk series. THat **** is crazy.

Besides DC universe has the most rediciulous characters.

Batman - Unlimited Money, Unparralled looks, Lots of Women, Has everything and then some, no worries in the world. Hell he plays a super-hero likes its a fun hobbie from all the business meetings.

Superman - Fast as the speed of light, can go inside the suns core, lazer beam eyes, can freeze things with his breathe. Super Strength, Can mysterious fly/float/levitate. Is aboslutely impervious to harm.

And yea, THe Incredible Hulk would destroy superman. I mean comon....superman got killed by doomsday. And the Hulk eats doomsday for breakfeast.

Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 11:59am
preach helscream preach.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 7:20pm
lmao@helscream omfg that was amazing seriously marvel>dc by far phoenix>DC alone what is batman going to do against a mutant who can just lift him in the air and control his every movement that goes the same with every other DC Xavier>superman he can make suerman think hes a baby the rest of his life superman doesnt have any type of protection
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 12:13am
Helscream never ceases to make me chuckle...

Got a fair point, a trouble super hero makes it easier for us to relate to them rather than someone who is untouchable.
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 1:52am
I like the fact that marvel has real cities.  who the hell lives in Metropolis or Central City?  

besides, The Watcher could kill everyone in the DC universe if he wants to (he just chooses to watch instead).  

Wolverine would kill Lobo
Capt. America would kick Batman's ass
Thor would crush Hawkman, in fact, Angel would kick hawkman's ass imagine ArchAngel.
Namor would f up aquaman AND Aqualad
Doctor Strange would kick Green laterns ass
don't get me started on the villains.  Galactus would eat Darkseid and luthor and floss his teeth with MxLPLYX!!

OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 11:34am
Superman Prime can wipe out everybody in Marvel Universe except: The Phoenix, Professor Xavier, Onslaught and probably Richard Summers.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by OneMan1Army

Superman Prime can wipe out everybody in Marvel Universe except: The Phoenix, Professor Xavier, Onslaught and probably Richard Summers.

read up on the characters called The Watcher and even the Beyonder (from Secret Wars).  They were omnipotent.  Snap of a finger and poof.  no more Prime earth much less Superman.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 6:02pm
Fase, Rican.  you are WRONG again.  Read this and consider it
this is what the outcomes were in the 90's.
Thor vs. Captain Marvel. Winner: Thor, Marvel Universe.

Flash vs. Quicksilver. Winner: Flash, DC Universe.

Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner. Winner: Aquaman, DC Universe.

Robin vs. Jubilee. Winner: Robin, DC Universe.

Green Lantern vs. Silver Surfer. Winner: Silver Surfer, Marvel Universe.

Catwoman vs. Elektra. Winner: Elektra, Marvel Universe.

Wolverine vs. Lobo. Winner: Wolverine, Marvel Universe.

Storm vs. Wonder Woman. Winner: Storm, Marvel Universe.

Spider-man vs. Super Boy. Winner: Spider-man, Marvel Universe.

Hulk vs. Superman. Winner: Superman, DC Universe.

Captain America vs. Batman. Winner: Batman, DC Universe.

but with the hero's and their abilities nowadays, consider this.

Spider-Man vs Superboy
Spider-Man has more experience is faster and more agile and more tactically inclined. Superboy (at that time) had very limited control over his tactile telekinesis, no heat vision, no patience, and was overconfident which had led him to being defeated on numerous occasions in his own series. So given the circumstances, Spidey takes it.

Hulk vs Superman
Hulk gets stronger the angrier he gets and has regenerative powers. Superman has unlimited everything from strength, stamina to speed and so on. So since the Hulk isn't magic or magically inclined, Superman takes it.

Thor vs Captain Marvel
Thor has immense strength and endurance. His hammer allows him to control lighting to an extent and teleport himself or others. He can fly and has great hair. Captian Marvel has the powers of the Greek gods but the mindset of a young boy. Thor's not opposed to killing so I'd give it to Thor since essentially they're pretty evenly matched with sheer power being canceled out by endurance and experience. Thor takes it.

Jubilee vs Robin III
Robin has the training from Batman as well as other great martial arts masters including but not limited to Lady Shiva (the deadliest woman in the DCU supposedly). He's a grade A detective who was even able to deduce Batman's true identity. Jubilee is a kid with limited control over her abilities and the mentality of a teenage girl (at the time) more than a trained soldier/warrior and her abilities don't directly improve any of her physical characteristics such as speed or stamina. I'd have to say Robin Takes it if only due to better training.

Wolverine vs Lobo
Wolverine has neigh unbreakable bones (and claws) heightened senses, and a healing factor. Lobo, fall all intents and purposes, can't be killed and can regenerate as long as there is at least one drop of his blood remaining. I won't even bother with the rest. Lobo takes it.

Storm vs Wonder Woman
Storm has limited control over the weather. Can fly through the use of the wind which means she's also limited by the speed of the wind. She can only manipulated pre-existing weather conditions and can't bring forth weather augmentations that aren't possible on the planet she's on. (see marvel.com) Wonder Woman has powers bestowed upon her by the Greek gods. Enhanced strength, durability, stamina, speed, etc. During this fight she also had Thor's hammer.  I still say powers of the gods thwarts limited mutant abilities and with hammer Woman Woman still takes it.

Namor the Sub-Mariner vs Aquaman
Namor has been shown to have close to hulk level strength and durability. Can fly. High stamina. Aquaman has the ability to communicate with sea creatures, manipulate water, and an improved physiology since he's not exactly human. That being said, Namor takes it just on sheer power alone if on land. If underwater Aquaman has the advantage.

Quicksilver vs Flash
Barry Allen, the Flash, is the fastest man in the world. Can vibrate molecules to travel through solid objects. He can run faster than the speed of light. Quicksilver is fast. I say the Flash takes it just because he's faster by reason that Quicksilver has never shown any inkling of being able to even approach the speed of light..

Elektra vs Catwoman
Elekta is a highly trained mercenary/a**a**in. Catwoman is a highly trained theif. Elektra takes it.

Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Silver Surfer is endued with the power cosmic. Green Latern's have a power ring that is only limited by their will and the amount of charge within it. Silver Surfer takes it because of the limitations placed on ring bearers in regard to excessive/lethal force. Unless we're talking Ion Kyle Rayner or post Sinestro Corps Kyle Rayner in which case, still a loss but not as much a shut out.

Captain America vs Batman
Captain America is a super soldier. Enhanced strength, agility, endurance, stamina, and decades of combat experience. Batman is a regular human being at peak physical prowess for a human. He also has decades of experience. Captain America takes it if it's an extended battle if only just because his increased/improved physic will outlast any normal man's. Otherwise they're fairly equal with fighting ability on Batman's side balanced off by speed and strength on Captain America's.

what do you think now?
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 12:35am
Ether come on man Superman can't beat the Hulk man. Doomsday punished superman killed him actually, the hulk on the other doesn't get handled u would have to get bruce banner thats ur only hope.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 12:54am
be serious hulk will dominate superman easily superman does not have unlimited strength or stamina heres is from wiki on supermans death

The Death of Superman
Main article: The Death of Superman

In his first encounter with the Justice League, shortly after breaking free from underground, Doomsday defeated the entire team of superheroes in a matter of minutes, which in turn attracted the attention of Superman.[2] Most notable is the fact that the creature fought the entire time with literally one hand tied behind his back, yet was still able to lay waste to all opposition and much of the surrounding area. The only Justice Leaguer who could even defend herself against Doomsday was Maxima. Also at that time, his naming occurred when League member Booster Gold stated how the rampage resembled "the arrival of Doomsday". The comment subsequently reached the broadcast media and thereafter led to the creature's accepted name.

During his rampage, Doomsday took interest in billboards and television spots advertising violent wrestling competitions held in Metropolis, which appealed to his bloodlust and thus enticed the otherwise mindless creature to head towards the city. By counterattacking, Superman quickly found that his opponent's awesome power was a match for his own, and so he realized that if Doomsday actually reached Metropolis, the resulting battle could conceivably destroy the city and kill millions of innocent people. Simultaneously, Doomsday developed a strong desire to murder Superman in particular. That desire was later explained in the Hunter/Prey miniseries: from the agony of continually dying during his creation process, Doomsday developed in his genes the ability to sense anyone Kryptonian, plus an overriding instinct to treat any such beings as an automatic threat (however, it remains unexplained why Doomsday did not also react with this specific type of malice towards the Cyborg Superman, who at one point possessed Kryptonian DNA; it is at least an indication that his abilities are partly metaphysical).

[edit] Death in Metropolis

In the space of only a few issues of the Superman comic book series, Doomsday battled Superman in a titanic struggle, leading the hero to conclude that the creature would only continue to attack relentlessly and endlessly, with no urge for surrender. It all culminated in Superman (vol. 2) #75, where in an act of self-sacrifice, Superman refused to give up despite taking serious wounds and running low on stamina. The fight raged to the bitter end, where the two combatants each struck a simultaneous, fatal blow, leaving both of them lifeless in front of the Daily Planet building in Metropolis.[2]

Hulk>doomsday>DC

SRC_Mr-X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_Mr-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 1:14am
Put up Superman , flash, and Captain America..... those three alone would put down marvel. So with that being said let marvel keep whining about there powers and having spiderman make another terrible movie.
Arkos315 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
FLAK Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote Arkos315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 4:25am
isnt Captain America Marvel??

Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 5:08am
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

be serious hulk will dominate superman easily superman does not have unlimited strength or stamina heres is from wiki on supermans death

The Death of Superman
Main article: The Death of Superman

In his first encounter with the Justice League, shortly after breaking free from underground, Doomsday defeated the entire team of superheroes in a matter of minutes, which in turn attracted the attention of Superman.[2] Most notable is the fact that the creature fought the entire time with literally one hand tied behind his back, yet was still able to lay waste to all opposition and much of the surrounding area. The only Justice Leaguer who could even defend herself against Doomsday was Maxima. Also at that time, his naming occurred when League member Booster Gold stated how the rampage resembled "the arrival of Doomsday". The comment subsequently reached the broadcast media and thereafter led to the creature's accepted name.

During his rampage, Doomsday took interest in billboards and television spots advertising violent wrestling competitions held in Metropolis, which appealed to his bloodlust and thus enticed the otherwise mindless creature to head towards the city. By counterattacking, Superman quickly found that his opponent's awesome power was a match for his own, and so he realized that if Doomsday actually reached Metropolis, the resulting battle could conceivably destroy the city and kill millions of innocent people. Simultaneously, Doomsday developed a strong desire to murder Superman in particular. That desire was later explained in the Hunter/Prey miniseries: from the agony of continually dying during his creation process, Doomsday developed in his genes the ability to sense anyone Kryptonian, plus an overriding instinct to treat any such beings as an automatic threat (however, it remains unexplained why Doomsday did not also react with this specific type of malice towards the Cyborg Superman, who at one point possessed Kryptonian DNA; it is at least an indication that his abilities are partly metaphysical).

[edit] Death in Metropolis

In the space of only a few issues of the Superman comic book series, Doomsday battled Superman in a titanic struggle, leading the hero to conclude that the creature would only continue to attack relentlessly and endlessly, with no urge for surrender. It all culminated in Superman (vol. 2) #75, where in an act of self-sacrifice, Superman refused to give up despite taking serious wounds and running low on stamina. The fight raged to the bitter end, where the two combatants each struck a simultaneous, fatal blow, leaving both of them lifeless in front of the Daily Planet building in Metropolis.[2]

Hulk>doomsday>DC

you want Wikipedia posts?  you've got them.  lol.

Flight, speed, heat vision. How many times has Superman fought Mongul and Doomsday now? :P Superman fights guys like the Hulk all the time. They've never been established as equals in any in continuity crossover. Equals in strength maybe, equals overall? Not even remotely close.

Up until the Death of Superman event, DC Comics writers lived on a fixed set of rules when it came to how the post-Crisis Superman's powers were portrayed. This was changed upon his return. The change could be traced to when the Eradicator transformed Kryptonite energy into something that would repower the revived Superman. In a battle with Lobo, Superman discovered he could survive the vacuum of space indefinitely, something the post-Crisis Superman could not do before his death. He also noticed his strength had increased. Although this was part of a subplot involving Superman's powers growing out of control as he absorbed too much solar energy, the depiction of his power was not as consistent as before.

The only way I can see Supes losing is if he fights like an idiot and forgets half his powers (kinda like how he fought Doomsday when he "died").

The Hulk may get stronger the madder he gets, but that doesn't mean he eventually gets infinitely mad and infinitely strong and that's what he'd have to be to take Supes down because he'd only get one shot before Supes pinned him against the barrier wall just like Darkseid.

and to top it off

Adventures of Superman #473. Superman launches an alien spacecraft from Earth into space. The craft was about a mile long and about four times larger then an aircraft carrier which typically are a quarter mile long and weigh 100,000 tons.

Man of Steel #30. Superman punches Lobo into orbit and beyond with a single blow from Earth's surface.

http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?i...manlobo7on.jpg

Action Comics #585. Superman muscles overhead a magically animated mountain that was not quite big enough to crush Metropolis in one step. He pressed it overhead, flew it into space and then launched it into orbit around the sun.

JLA: World War Three: Superman's strength was used to power the gears of the Mageddon machinery. The gear a**embly was larger then the Earth/Moon system.

Superman: Earth Stealers. Superman propelled a cylindrical space station that was 600 miles in diameter and 2500 miles long. It was constructed from all of the natural resources of an entire solar system. Yeah, it weighed a lot. Superman then propelled it through hyperspace.

Here's Superman launching a ship the size of a small moon. Don't remember the issue number though.

http://img479.imageshack.us/my.php?i...manship0vc.jpg

Superman and Zod creating earthquakes with their punches.

that's got to sting....
just playing around. i've been a DC guy for as long as i can remember.  i'm always going to favor them.  but yea, wolverine?  he should be DC. lol
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 5:24am
last one...promise

Ok lets be honest, either way it goes, Superman is stronger than hulk no matter how you look at it. Everyone is forgetting, that the hulks strength isn't automatic. He has the potential to be stronger than the man of steel, but it would take him forever to reach the same level, and longer still to surpa** him. For one, we know Superman pulls his punches in most battles. But the example is simple, Superman is bullet proof right off the bat, the hulk has to get angry so his skin becomes bullet proof. The hulks powers are his downfall, the longer he fights, the stronger he becomes. The only way he could beat Superman, is if they were fighting for like a year or something. Then he might be angry enough to surpa** supermans strength. Even then he would still need to deal with the freeze breath, heat vision, speed, flying, and all the other abilities he has. Not to mention that there is nary a force that can stop superman if he gets angry. And for those who think because Hulk can move mountains he's stronger, Superman can move entire planets, a mountain pleads no competition in comparison.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Ether404

last one...promise

Ok lets be honest, either way it goes, Superman is stronger than hulk no matter how you look at it. Everyone is forgetting, that the hulks strength isn't automatic. He has the potential to be stronger than the man of steel, but it would take him forever to reach the same level, and longer still to surpa** him. For one, we know Superman pulls his punches in most battles. But the example is simple, Superman is bullet proof right off the bat, the hulk has to get angry so his skin becomes bullet proof. The hulks powers are his downfall, the longer he fights, the stronger he becomes. The only way he could beat Superman, is if they were fighting for like a year or something. Then he might be angry enough to surpa** supermans strength. Even then he would still need to deal with the freeze breath, heat vision, speed, flying, and all the other abilities he has. Not to mention that there is nary a force that can stop superman if he gets angry. And for those who think because Hulk can move mountains he's stronger, Superman can move entire planets, a mountain pleads no competition in comparison.

I beg to differ mon ami.  see below

The Hulk possesses the potential for near-limitless physical strength depending directly on his emotional state, particularly his anger.[39] This has been reflected in the repeated comment "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets." The entity Beyonder once claimed that the Hulk's potential strength had "no finite element inside".[40]His durability, healing, and endurance also increase in proportion to his temper.[41] Greg Pak described the Hulk shown during World War Hulk as having a level of physical power where "Hulk was stronger than any mortal --and most immortals-- who ever walked the Earth." [42]

The Hulk is resistant to most forms of injury or damage. The extent varies between interpretations, but he has withstood the equivalent of inner solar temperatures,[43] nuclear explosions,[44] and planet-splitting impacts.[45] He has been shown to have both regenerative and adaptive healing abilities, including growing tissues to allow him to breathe underwater,[46] surviving unprotected in space for extended periods (yet still eventually needing to breathe),[47] and when injured, healing from most wounds within seconds.[48]

His powerful legs allow him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents,[49] and he has displayed sufficient superhuman speed to match Thor,[50] or the Sentry.[51] He also has less commonly described powers, including abilities allowing him to "home in" to his place of origin in New Mexico,[52] resist psychic control,[53] grow stronger from radiation[54] or dark magic,[55] and to see and interact with astral forms.[56]

now remember one thing:  it doesn't take much to get him mad.  and I'm sure he would get more and more pissed as he fights superman.   You're making the hulk case for me my friend.  Eventually, given time he would defeat superman.  as with any match, UFC, Horse races and such it doesn't matter how long the fight takes, it's whoever is standing at the end.  

Lastly, Superman's powers, as originally defined in the golden age of comics were unamusing at best (ever see the max fleischer cartoons?  those were based on that superman).  His powers have been defined and re-defined over the course of his tenure at DC.  First he could do this, then later he could do more, then sometime in the 80s he was powered down, then again later he was powered up. blah blah blah.

The hulk is pretty much the same as he has been since the beginning.  of course as his anger become more exerted over time new abilities and powers have surfaced but that's merely progression, not a "ok we have a problem in this story because supposedly he cannot do this.. um...ok let's add that in then, afterwards, there's another story and that same power seems unreasonable so the writer is like "um,, what do we do?  oh, let's power him down because he's too too strong."  then later on because of other newer heroes subjected him to some sort of pussification  the writers were like "ok, we can't have our flagship character seem like such a wuss so let's give him more powers... yea that's the ticket!".  pfft.  give me a break.  so many character re-desings only signify to me that it wasn't that great a character to begin with.  

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 7:34am

Spider-Man vs Superboy

Spider-Man has more experience is faster and more agile and more tactically inclined. Superboy (at that time) had very limited control over his tactile telekinesis, no heat vision, no patience, and was overconfident which had led him to being defeated on numerous occasions in his own series. So given the circumstances, Spidey takes it.

I won't disagree with you here but this was not a fair match up with someone like spidey who at the very earliest in his career could lift 70 tons!

Hulk vs Superman
Hulk gets stronger the angrier he gets and has regenerative powers. Superman has unlimited everything from strength, stamina to speed and so on. So since the Hulk isn't magic or magically inclined, Superman takes it.

We're still arguing this.   let's see when you admit I'm right lol

Thor vs Captain Marvel
Thor has immense strength and endurance. His hammer allows him to control lighting to an extent and teleport himself or others. He can fly and has great hair. Captian Marvel has the powers of the Greek gods but the mindset of a young boy. Thor's not opposed to killing so I'd give it to Thor since essentially they're pretty evenly matched with sheer power being canceled out by endurance and experience. Thor takes it.

I would've made it clear that ur talking about Shazam (believe it or not I think some people will confuse him).  I"m not so sure Thor takes this one so easily.  Shazam is pretty invulnerable and faster.  Btw, Shazam has Solomon's wisdom so he can't be that much of a veggie lol

Jubilee vs Robin III
Robin has the training from Batman as well as other great martial arts masters including but not limited to Lady Shiva (the deadliest woman in the DCU supposedly). He's a grade A detective who was even able to deduce Batman's true identity. Jubilee is a kid with limited control over her abilities and the mentality of a teenage girl (at the time) more than a trained soldier/warrior and her abilities don't directly improve any of her physical characteristics such as speed or stamina. I'd have to say Robin Takes it if only due to better training.

Dude, how ever in the world did they even make this pairing?  had she been the jubillee from the past this would've been a no brainer and unfair.  Of course I expected Robin to beat her a** if it just comes down to being human vs a human.

Wolverine vs Lobo
Wolverine has neigh unbreakable bones (and claws) heightened senses, and a healing factor. Lobo, fall all intents and purposes, can't be killed and can regenerate as long as there is at least one drop of his blood remaining. I won't even bother with the rest. Lobo takes it.

I read more into him and it turns out his strength has changed over his life.  Strength takes it here so Lobo wins I'm afraid.  I stand corrected.

Storm vs Wonder Woman
Storm has limited control over the weather. Can fly through the use of the wind which means she's also limited by the speed of the wind. She can only manipulated pre-existing weather conditions and can't bring forth weather augmentations that aren't possible on the planet she's on. (see marvel.com) Wonder Woman has powers bestowed upon her by the Greek gods. Enhanced strength, durability, stamina, speed, etc. During this fight she also had Thor's hammer.  I still say powers of the gods thwarts limited mutant abilities and with hammer Woman Woman still takes it.

I won't argue with this one.  Wonder Woman should beat storm.  

Namor the Sub-Mariner vs Aquaman
Namor has been shown to have close to hulk level strength and durability. Can fly. High stamina. Aquaman has the ability to communicate with sea creatures, manipulate water, and an improved physiology since he's not exactly human. That being said, Namor takes it just on sheer power alone if on land. If underwater Aquaman has the advantage.

How does aqua have the advantage underwater if Namor strength is in direct proportion to his exposure to water?  I say Namor still wins it under or overwater

Quicksilver vs Flash
Barry Allen, the Flash, is the fastest man in the world. Can vibrate molecules to travel through solid objects. He can run faster than the speed of light. Quicksilver is fast. I say the Flash takes it just because he's faster by reason that Quicksilver has never shown any inkling of being able to even approach the speed of light..

Agreed.  Also Flash is one of my favorite characters in the Justice league Series.  

Elektra vs Catwoman
Elekta is a highly trained mercenary/a**a**in. Catwoman is a highly trained theif. Elektra takes it.

un... yea lol a bit unfair to pair those two against eachother.

Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Silver Surfer is endued with the power cosmic. Green Latern's have a power ring that is only limited by their will and the amount of charge within it. Silver Surfer takes it because of the limitations placed on ring bearers in regard to excessive/lethal force. Unless we're talking Ion Kyle Rayner or post Sinestro Corps Kyle Rayner in which case, still a loss but not as much a shut out.

Agreed.  althou another unfair pairing.  We're talking the power cosmic here lol

Captain America vs Batman
Captain America is a super soldier. Enhanced strength, agility, endurance, stamina, and decades of combat experience. Batman is a regular human being at peak physical prowess for a human. He also has decades of experience. Captain America takes it if it's an extended battle if only just because his increased/improved physic will outlast any normal man's. Otherwise they're fairly equal with fighting ability on Batman's side balanced off by speed and strength on Captain America's.

had Steve Rogers never drank the serum then this would be a fair fight.  

what do you think now?

I think these battles were very unfair to both the winners and losers.  the idea shoud've been to place two reasonably equal individuals and then make em fight.  I mean c'mon, a thief versus a highly skilled a**a**in?  An enhanced soldier versus a caped vigilante?  not very fair.  Fair (and reasonable) would've been:

Green Arrow Versus Hawkeye (although that could get messy lol)
Robin (pre nightwing) vs. Elektra
HawkGirl vs. Valkyrie
Black Canary vs Black Widow
DarkSeid vs Apocalypse

[/QUOTE]
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 11:08am
If u ever watch that marvel movie when they fought the hulk he was the only one to ever pick up thor's hammer. Second heat vision won't work on him he might fly back but thats all. Even if u read the onslaught marvel series when every marvel character had to fight onslaught the hulk cracked onslaught's armor open with one hit and this is when jean grey took the bruce banner out of him and left just the raging hulk. So the hulk is a beast u can't F...ck wit him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>