| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Player Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGet to Know a UT3 Player - XKal1bur

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to Know a UT3 Player - XKal1bur
    Posted: 08 May 2009 at 8:17pm

Welcome everyone to the Get to Know a UT3 Player interview; I’m your host JPINATOR. We are moving now to our second interview and this one will be a treat just like the first.

I have a long list of awesome players that needs to be interviewed but I couldn’t pass this player up. If you are a foot player or vehicle player this person is usually in your jealous list or hero list. I like to introduce you to XKAL1BUR!

Thank you for dressing appropriately to this interview since I’ve noticed you to tend to be in your birthday suit when playing UT3 as quoted in your comments on PSN.

Let’s find out some facts about our favorite killer. What is your age, sex and location?

I'm 19 years old, Male and I am currently residing in a small town located in southern USA. I really hate it here, it’s too small I guess. I've been living here almost my whole life and I wanna go somewhere else, lol

Since we only know the UT3 Xkal1bur, we are dying (literally) to know what you do outside the game.

I draw, read, and play ball sometimes when I’m not in ut3 fragging people. Just waiting for July 20 to come (college start date)

I’m sure you will be utilizing your precious college days to expand your academic knowledge and spending all your free time at the library and not on UT3, right? I know a lot of people are going to miss you when your ut3 playing time is limited so lets utilize this interview to give acknowledge to those that have been there to help you out.

Phantaci was da first one that told me to start playing with sound a long time ago (before his move to the 360). That helped me a lot when I started dueling. Raoulcheap and the rest of QcP turned me into a TDM monster. It was always fun playing with those guys. We were never really serious. Always crackin jokes on each other, and makin fun of raoulcheap's voice ("Hey hey! COME ON!!! u suck mannnn!", or "HAHAHA! You like? Stupid Kaliburrrr") After I got bored with TDM's and duels, I switched over to CTF. Black Star and a few other members from tRi taught me a lot about that mode, so I’m not that bad anymore xD

Sounds like you have met lots of fun people on here. What other fun occurrences have you had on UT3?

I always laughed when raoul got pissed at me or anybody else in QcP. It's his accent, it's hilarious. When he gets REALLY pissed, he starts cussing out everybody in FRENCH, LOL! I remember playing with him one time in a TDM on Deck, which he was hosting. About halfway into the match, I had got hit with a rocket I think and i was low on health, so I hopped down to the lift and grabbed the health bubbles and the armor vest. Next thing I know, raoul is screaming his head off "YOU STUPID MUDDERf**ker!!! I needed that armor vest! I'm going to die IDIOT!! I have no health left! Stop being selfish Kalibur!!!" Then he kicked me. I wasn't mad at first cuz i was too busy laughing at his ass. I know a lot of you probably don't know who he is or what he sounds like, but trust me; he's got the funniest accent I’ve ever heard. He's a cool guy overall =P

You have been a familiar face in this game not only for your attitude and sense of humor but also your skill. Would you so kindly share with us some tips on becoming a better player.

Learn the maps for whatever modes you specialize in. My main tip would be to be as unpredictable as possible, no matter what mode you're playing. Also, get a feel for ALL of the weapons in the game; don't just overuse the same 2 or 3 weapons. Try to be as diverse as possible.

Whenever I’m strategizing, the first thing that comes to mind is map control. If I’m playing CTF, and I’m designated as the flag runner, my main priority would be to grab as much health and as many weapons as possible before I attempt an assault on the other team's base, it’s the same for duels. A lot of people complain about health stacking in that mode, but that's what duels are all about, keeping the advantage over your opponent.

Try to get into your opponent's head. Try to place yourself in their position if you're getting into a heated battle with them. Like "If I dodge to the left, he might catch me with a rocket, so I’m just gonna dodge to the right, and so forth. Just an example.

Which maps do you like for utilizing these tips?

Hmmmm, For duels, I like Deck, Sentinel, Bonescraper, DM-1-on-1-Penetrated, and diesel. For CTF, I’d say Shaft, Omicron Dawn, Vertebrae, and Strident. I hate Facing worlds, can't stand reflection (unless it's a 4 vs 4 or less), Hydrosis, and most of the new titan maps. Deimos and Sanctuary also get the honor of being the sh*ttiest DM maps in the game IMO.

With all these tips and tricks it sounds like you could use your foot mode skills and be dominate in any game, why are you just sticking to UT3?

I don't know why I still play this old ass game. I got like 20 other games that I haven't even touched because of this, It's like crack. Once u take a hit of it, there's no going back. It's especially worse for me since I duel a lot. I hate losing, so whenever I do lose, I’m usually stuck in there trying to get back at the person that beat me, lol! I guess I’m just addicted to the game play. It's probably the fastest FPS besides quake, and it's very diverse in its game modes. Shame the community is so small =(

Titan pack, your thoughts?

I don't really like playing with the Titan mutator, that thing is beyond cheap, especially that ground and pound. On top of that, once u start owning with that titan, you have a chance to transform into a behemoth, which grants you 1,600 points of health & armor and a refill on your ammo for the rocket launcher and shock rifle.

IMO, this mutator shouldn't even be used in any mode other than DM. In CTF, VCTF, Warfare, and Greed, it just promotes camping. Speaking of Greed, that mode is horrible. If you ain't spawn rapin in Greed, you ain't winnin, lol.

Since we are on the topic of dislikes, what are your main issue with this game?

The drama would have to be my main dislike about the game. I can't tell you how many times somebody messaged me accusing me of using kb/m, headphones, fragfx, etc. And when I say something back to them, that's when I get called all kinds of things, lol =(

Before people were able to pronounce your name, you were just a baby coming into the UT3 world, how was it like before you grew up to be a big UT3 name?

I didn't really feel too bad about being a noob at first, because I saw it as an opportunity to get better. While I was in QcP, i kept hearing about all of these great duelers like LeX, deadaim, jooK, terry, and a few others. I wanted to make a name for myself also, so I started dueling. I learned a lot from the mistakes I made in the past, like being unpredictable, mixing it up with the weapons, and a few other things. I also wanted to point out that that was the reason why I made that YT3RnaL account. I dueled on that one and played everything else on my XKalibur3 account.

What about the time when you first entered your favorite mode?

When I first got this game, I joined one of the midway DM servers. It was rising sun and the room was full to the max I think I kept getting killed like every 2 seconds, and I almost got discouraged. Then, I started playing more and more with my best friend in real life (Infamous_K1lla) and we started improving. Not too long after that, I ran into primalvivax. This guy was murdering us like crazy. I sent him a friend invite, we started talkin, and we formed our first clan, RID (Rage Induced Destruction).

Do_or_Die_420 was in there for like a day, but left cuz we had different interests in game modes. He also showed me a lot of things on sandstorm. I met xxphilaxx through primal one day and he told me he was interested in joining, so I tried him out in a duel. Got owned like 20-3 or something like that, lol. He didn't believe it was worth being in a clan where he was 10 times better than da leader so he went and joined QcP. I still had him on my friend's list and I was still cool with him so I started following him into his matches with QcP. I made a name for myself in there by scoring pretty high a few times, and raoul, miskell, and imnothot approached me about joining. I left RID and joined QcP not long after they asked and primalvivax joined Biofreaks.

Now that you are labeled as one of the top players of your mode, if you wouldn’t mind please give us some tips that have helped you out personally.

For duels, just play smart. Don't constantly rush at your opponent with whatever weapon you just picked up, cuz it's not gonna work. Duels shouldn't be played like Deathmatch, and vice versa. Also, get a feel for each and every weapon. If your opponent's on the other side of the map on Deck, it wouldn't make sense for you to try lobbing goo at them. Smart thing to do is hit them with a hit scan weapon. Use sound to your advantage, not necessarily headphones, just turn your music and ambience settings all the way down. Now, I’m not promoting camping, there's a difference between using sound to your advantage, and sound WHORING, UT3 is not that kinda game. Also, feel comfortable with you input device, don't let anybody tell you it's cheating to use a mouse against a pad player, that's BS, cuz I don't have ANY problems at all beating kb/m or fragfx users. You just gotta play smart.

Wow, that was some information that I could use myself. Thanks so much for sharing that. To contradict that do you have anything that you need work on to continue growing your success?

One thing I need to work on as a player is staying calm. I've been in too many duels where I got shook up and nervous and my aim was off and I lost the match. I also need to work on being more consistent as a player. Some days I got it, some days I don't. I wanna get to the point where I’m always at the top of my game.

I’m sure a lot of us have had those on and off days, even with myself I feel like I need to warm up before any Deathmatch in order to do well.

The dreaded question of them all, what was your most embarrassing moment on UT3 that you can remember?

My most embarrassing moment? It always happens in CTF. Sometimes, I would go into the enemy's base and "take" their flag. Now, I’m barking orders to everyone on my team to help cover me, but no one is responding to me, so I’m like "F*** it. I'll run it my damn self". As soon as my reach my flag, my heart's pumping. I'm like "Yeah Beeyotch!!! I can't believe I made it past all those people!!!" and when I touch my flag, nothing happens, truly embarrassing.

Speaking of embarrassing, most of us know about your infatuation with the DS Boyz song (Do Da) Stanky Leg, would you please enlighten us with your commentary.

Stanky leg commentary? like, what do u want to know? U stick ur leg out, and you kinda bend it a little. First thought that came to my mind was that whoever did the stanky leg needed to wash that b**** down in soap and water or something. U can't dance in a club if your leg stinks! What chick is gonna wanna grind up on ur stanky leg?

I want to thank Xkal1bur for answering all these questions and I hope now everyone knows a little bit more about one of our top foot mode players.

I remember meeting XKal1bur for the first time in Do_or_Die_420’s server a long time ago and ever since then I have tried to avoid him because it was embarrassing to get my butt handed to me over and over again. I’m sure all of you have your own experience with this UT3 player and I hope you will continue having future experiences. To XKal1bur, watch out for followers, they are going to start watching your every move in this game and who knows, you may find lil-XKal1 in your wake doing nasty kills.

Thanks for reading! See you next time on Get to Know a UT3 Player!
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 8:38pm

Good job yet again Jen (ha that rhymed)

Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 8:40pm
good interview, ive only played Xkal a few times...we had a match against him when he was in tRi, and he pounded me pretty good, esp in TDM, great player and sounds like a cool guy...
and i will def follow that advice about running towards your opponent esp in duel b/c i have a tendency to go "gun-hoe" at times so I'm told
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 8:44pm
These are an awesome addition to the community.  I hope to see more.
GoDead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 9:22pm
another great interview! :D great job JP
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 9:37pm
Instead of naming it as Get to know a ut3 player how about

Get to know xkalibur!

The Fn Interview with xKalibur

A sit down with kali

A moment w/ kali

etc etc etc

good read btw
name_is_clantag
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 9:44pm
Get to know a ut3 player is a series, its not just about 1 person, and as for this interview it will be locked away in the Players Interviews thread that wopr1 made so it will be a collection. But thanks for your feedback
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 9:46pm
yea but you could possibly just title ur interview on the person your interviewing
name_is_clantag
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 9:48pm
Great interview! Good job both of you. The excellent questions brought out knowledgeable answers that we can all learn from.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 9:51pm
Another great job!!!
I thought i was the only one who was stupid enuff
To score a flag that i never had!! Good to no even the greats do
Stupid things!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:09pm
stanky leggggg.... heyyyy!!!!!
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:19pm
When I hit da dance floor,
You know I'm doin' da stanky leg!
Sauce on my ring and then ya rub it across ya head!
You a ace boon coon chick, you can do it too
Snap ya fingers in the air and shake yo micros too!
Now you can lean wit it, and you can drop wit it!
You can switch the other leg and you can stop wit it!
Now get it, get it(x4)
Now hit da booty doo, hit da booty do(x2)
Now you can get wit it, gon get wit it(x2)
Black_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Zellot

When I hit da dance floor, You know I'm doin' da stanky leg! Sauce on my ring and then ya rub it across ya head! You a ace boon coon chick, you can do it tooSnap ya fingers in the air and shake yo micros too! Now you can lean wit it, and you can drop wit it! You can switch the other leg and you can stop wit it! Now get it, get it(x4)Now hit da booty doo, hit da booty do(x2)Now you can get wit it, gon get wit it(x2)
@_@ I'd like to report a death. First name: Hip, Last name: Hop.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:29pm
yeah i know dude i miss the good old days de la soul, tupac, DMX, KRS one, tribe called quest, etc...  yeah i hate this dance sh*t i also think its funny as hell
TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:34pm
no really, that song is stupid.. its the worst song ever.. has no meaning.. the lyrics blow.. its a slap in the face to music.. i jus laugh at it with kali cuz he had it as his sig, ive only heard it on the radio like 3 times here in miami.. people dont dare to drive with that blasting in there speakers.. lmao.. Stanky legg..
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 11:10pm
Another fabulous interview JP!
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 11:16pm
Great Interview Jp, XkaLiBur is a stand up dude & tha best UT3 player i've come across!
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 11:36pm
Thanks Bro for mentioning me. You've always been the most help in UT3 to date for me. As many recent games in the past here with Crow. Its hard to beat how many games we had together. And still to this day we continue dueling each other and stay in touch on a daily basis. Keep it up bro. Nice interview JP...
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 11:45pm
Well, there's another well done interview by Jpinator.  Good job!
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 1:59am
Awww, i'm blushing! xD JP did do a good job! And Black star, Hip Hop ain't completely dead just yet. It's all underground!! xDDD

Side note: I can't believe I forgot to mention maiden01 >.< He also played a HUGE part in me picking up that mode in the first place.
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 5:12am
wow jippers.. as we say in the bronx 

"ur f*king official like that maniggah"  lol

good stuff.  keep em coming
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 10:39am
Originally posted by XKaL1buR

Awww, i'm blushing! xD JP did do a good job! And Black star, Hip Hop ain't completely dead just yet. It's all underground!! xDDDSide note: I can't believe I forgot to mention maiden01 >.< He also played a HUGE part in me picking up that mode in the first place.

Black people dont show blushs..lol & Stanky Legg is a dance song. Dont take it as actual Rap or Hip Hop. A genre of music is never dead.
PSN:Imaginative
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 11:40am
punk is dead, .. and hiphop is pretty much dead aswell

u killed it
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 4:37pm
lmao this thread is rediculous
hahahahaha
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 8:48pm

Kalibur, I remember playin' with you, Crusher and Raulcheap in DM. He used to say all of those things! It was hilareous. Even though I always got beat down. I used to join just to listen to Raul. Every once in a while, I'd get a kill on him and it would send him over the edge. Great memories, great interview.

Cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>