| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Player Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGet to Know a UT3 Player- ZodiacX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to Know a UT3 Player- ZodiacX
    Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:39pm

Welcome everyone to the Get to Know a UT3 Player interview; I’m your host JPINATOR. For our third addition I thought I would make it short and sweet.

What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of this next UT3 player, Is it his mad spec ops skills? Is it his fury skills? Or is it his beautiful singing voice that can be heard throughout the universe? I’d like you to welcome ZodiacX!!!

Some people have mentioned that your age hasn’t changed at all since we have met you, how old are you really? 

16 or 23....I can't decide :(

And with your singing voice, sometimes we can’t decide if you are a male or female, so why don’t you check and let us know. Male or female?

I don't know, let me see.....male.

Where are you really from?

I was originally born in Cleveland, Ohio and I moved when 6. Now I am a resident of Asheboro, North Carolina. 

Your name?

People tell me my name is Eric Shafreca Havens.

When you're not killing people with the redeemer, what are you doing outside of UT3?

School is the biggest thing. A typical day consists of School, home, dinner at 5:30, working out until 8, and then UT3. And becasue of MIGZ, what I don't do outside of UT3 is mast***** :P

We all know that your love for this game started out in warfare, do you have any tips you would like to share?

Run away, It's always an option. Don't take things too seriously, because no one will remember a lost game the next day. Know where everyone is at all times and keep looking at your mini-map for attacked nodes and healing nodes. If you see a Tank Node being healed, be prepared to fight a tank. You are not always a hero for destroying the orb...

What is running through your mind when you are strategizing?

Find a way to get around the enemy, avoid as much confrontation as possible. Big armored vehicles should be taken out first before they become a problem. Also, sing. It boosts your team’s morale XD

What are you favorite maps?

TANKS!!!! (Because Tanks) Downtown, for its simplicity and classiness. Torlan,  for it's more open environment. And Dome of Death. Most have no idea what this map is, but just imagine a node setup like an hourglass, you’re in a dome, and every respawner has a Redeemer ;P

All of us old GOW members knows of the map Dome of Death, like myself it was one of those maps that you are just better off standing in the corner and wait for the 5 million redeemers to go off, it was pointless to build the nodes anyway since you will probably just keep on dying. That’s one map I wouldn’t mind finding a glitch to see above the map and watch action below.

What about maps you hate?

Floodgate. No matter how hard you try...it  ends in overtime...Also Facing Worlds and Hydrosis for there narrow connections leading to long games. Onyx Coast can vary by team, If the teams are equal then the side with more than one vehicle has the (very) upper hand.

Titan pack, your thoughts?

Titan's suck a dick. Fun, yes, but why reward the winning team to win even faster? Love the maps except Hostile. No orb for one side? What is this? A map in beta? Stealthbender is cool, but why have it only in the new maps? It would have worked well to counter the Nightshade in Avalanche. I love both the new game types, especially Greed. Oh, and there seems to be many more problems (East Node lag in Avalanche, orb disappearing in Warfare games)

Whats the main reason why you are still playing this game?

It's all for my friends...I never play without at least one.

What are your dislikes about this game?

The weapon prioritizing, instead of the con and pro weapons  like in Resistance 2. I also dislike the fact that there are so few maps in CTF and especially VCTF.

What players do you feel are worth battling with or against?

With                              Against
MIGZ                               TX
Pinakul                            ICNs     
JP                                     ATX                 
COCKEN                         VCTFers (Do or Die, Arkos, etc.)
Switch                              Go_DeaD

With is people who always make me laugh. Against is not based on dislikement, just the fact that these people kill me/die in the weirdest ways XD

You are definitely one of the regulars here with UT3 and when you enter a game, your name gets called out as if you are Tom Cruise or something, but he didn’t become a movie star on his own, who made you become a UT3 celebrity, who made you the great player you are?

The people that made me who I am would have to be the Godlike bots I played against. Those bots would be named Nootsac, Duragesic, PacerX, DaKilla, Warhore, Ry, Darakoom, JP, Woolvie, Zellot, and KillingUGood, all from GOW. Without them, who knows where I would be in this game.

You would have been still a noob, lol, but you were a noob at one time, how was that like?

A lot more fun than knowing what to do XD It was so much simpler being able to just go around the map and kill people instead of actually doing something.

You have to enlighten us with your most embarrassing moments!!

Deadly Sins beat me 29 to 0 (I got one kill though D:)
I had to beat a Godlike bot in under 3 minutes to get into GOW...they had a laugh out of that.
The center point of MIGZ's conversations with me.....you know what I'm talking about....

Can you remember something that really made you laugh?

Let's see...all British fits. All my Impact Hammer battle  with Spagender. Playing with the other team by going over and hoping to find a friend (that won't kill me). Singing the FF Fanfare after games and seeing what happens. Locking on to someone off in the distance with a Rocket Launcher, walking away, and getting the kill 5-10 seconds later. And all my conversations with MIGZ.  

To all that do not know that story, I was the one who died from the rocket that he shot, so thank you for bringing that up.  It was in Torlan while I was taking the orb to east node, and Zodiac was standing on top of our core area (which he has no reason to be there) where the sniper is and just shot one lukcy rocket, that would be MY most embarrassing moment.

How was it when you first started playing your mode?

I HATED Warfare in Campaign and I didn't know why anyone would be playing it so usually I would play Suspense for 45 minutes. But that became redundant so I gave Warfare a try & I LOVED it! Don't know why though...but I would camp their core a lot in Downtown by getting on top of the core with the Manta. Also, I didn't know you could heal nodes until a month later....opps. I didn't have a mic for a long time too, so I taught myself by watching other people. I remember getting in a room and had to fight 1 on 1 with JP and almost peeing myself in fear XD

What are some do's and don'ts of your favorite mode?

It's not about killing people. In fact, that's why I like it over others.

Do                                                                                                         Don't                                 
Think of the Orb carrier first                                                         Get the tank node in Downtown
Kill yourself to get back to past nodes faster                                Snipe
Defence, you don't always have to leave for the next node           Switch to the winning team
Press []....                                                                                              Kill empty vehicles
Get Prime Node, its important too >_>                                            Get the orb if you have no idea what to do with it...
Not Get the tank node in Downtown                                                 Get the tank node in Downtown
Be productive                                                                                       Camp

A lot of those tips never get utilized as much as I would like, especially the orb carrier part :)
One thing you need to work on as for skills

One on one combat. It's the one thing I try to avoid. I'm not that bad, but I certainly have nothing on the DMers.

Is there anything else you would like to add?

Shoutout: Hey MIGZ, COKKENBALLS, Pinakul, cylo, ACE, JP, Switch, GOWs, ICNs, iAMs, ckcs, and of course me :D HEY FUTURE ME! I hope you did good on that test. KILL THAT COLOSSUS!!!

Oh, and the first third of this song should be our theme song....

I'd like to thank you ZodiacX for wasting your hour with me (as you put it) You are an asset to any clan with not only your sense of humor but your skills with the game and a lot of people would agree with me on that.

Personal note-
Zodiac is like a little brother to me so I wanted to interview him. I have known him before he joined GOW, he makes me laugh till I cry and he frustrates me to no end everytime he gets in that fury in Onyx Coast. If I ever meet anyone from this game, Zodiac would be my top 5 people I would love to meet.

Thanks again for reading, see you next time on Get to Know a UT3 Player!

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:50pm
short but sweet. lol good interview
TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:53pm
lol.. good job Zodiac.. and JP
=)
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:54pm
Great interview, again!

Misspelling?  Did you guys mean "team" here under the do not section? "Switch to the winning time"
*fixed*
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:55pm

oops, good eyes

GoDead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:58pm
LOL good ol' zodiac. :) another great interview!! that video makes me want to play through DMC4 again :D
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 8:02pm
Thanks JP for interviewing one of my favorite UT3 players. Well done both of you!!! BTW, how long did it take for him to beat the godlike bot?
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 8:05pm
Awww so much love from this interview :) Good job both of you!!! Awesomeness
ZodiacX View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZodiacX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 10:05pm
I didn't see what else I could put to make it longer :( But all in all, it was still fun :D
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 6:05am
lol haha good interview, and u still remember the score i beat u;P haha. youll never 4get that will ya. haha joking xD
ASHYTEBUBLExD View Drop Down
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 6:48am
DMC ROKS >=] Gr8 interview, again.
Ha! We've got guns!, No what you have are bullets and the hope that by time you've fired im not still standing because if I am, you'll be dead befor you've reloaded
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 11:27am
Zodiac - you are Godlike!!!

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 5:22pm
the best of the best on pc always have the tank and tank node on downtown. they work together  healing the tank from node to node and time the redeemers to help take out the next node or push the tank forward with 3-5 players always healing the tank. i just think that most players on the ps3 dont play like a team that good. everyone does what ever they want to do and not as a team...

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 8:48pm
Envy, couldn't you have found a better place for this post. This thread is about Zodiac. Not you!!!!!
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 9:09pm
soz but envy is right u need 2 check out video of when eu vs america on the pc the tank is the most important thing its the key 2 the level! eu team smashed them 2 bits! i dnt think envy is taking away anything from zodiac his just stating a fact! anyways good interview jp n zodiac
!
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 9:17pm
lmao wow! how was this about me in any way? why do i always receive such random bs from everyone? i was just pointing out why some of you guys dont feel like the tank node is any good. how the hell isnt a tank good if someone or if a team knows how to use it properly? you do also know there is a teleporter in there so that you can teleport? its also right by the two strongest power ups in the level and also has two mantas to go along with all of that support. sorry but i had to disagree bain and say what i honestly felt about it. so its time to get over it please!

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
MIGZ-1 View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Road Rampager

Post Options Post Options   Quote MIGZ-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 9:37pm
wow go zodiac lol n I heart DMC can wait for 5 to come out now thats good hardcore techno

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Unreal_StyleS

soz but envy is right u need 2 check out video of when eu vs america on the pc the tank is the most important thing its the key 2 the level! eu team smashed them 2 bits! i dnt think envy is taking away anything from zodiac his just stating a fact! anyways good interview jp n zodiac
Yeah but my point is start a thread called Tank Node and discuss it there. Not in Zodiacs interview thread.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 5:11am
Another great interview , keep em comein
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 11:41am
Zodiac was one of the first ppl i remember playing with that is still around today....way back when instagib was in...good jobClap
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
 Post Reply Post Reply