Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tank node

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tank node
    Posted: 14 May 2009 at 5:27am
On downtown how valuable is the tank node? Personally in a pub game I don't think its that valuable because of all the noobs running around and lack of teamwork... However in a clan match (that is likely to go to overtime) Its a huge benefit that can cause a distraction if nothing else to help an orb carrier. Anyway discuss away!
Unique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Unique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 5:58am
I think it depends on the driver...but yes teamwork has to do alot with it. But i think one of the underistimated vehicles in downtown is the bender. I personally used to underistimate it but now that i know how to use it, its so easy and now i get godlikes with it real easy no massacres yet....and once i have it in the enemy prime and take it up the little steps its over fo the other team.Unless you deemer me=Dead
ASHYTEBUBLExD View Drop Down
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 8:02am
Good tank user + Spec OPS guy who either gets the spec ops or announces who's got it = UNSTOPABLE But the spec ops guy must also time the tank..........
Ha! We've got guns!, No what you have are bullets and the hope that by time you've fired im not still standing because if I am, you'll be dead befor you've reloaded
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 10:12am
I'm indifferent...  It's nice to have the extra mantas, but the tank is virtually worthless in a public games.  This is especially true when someone thinks they are cunning and spawn kills the hell out of base. 
Xerxes View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Xerxes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 10:40am
Originally posted by iCN_Unique

....and once i have it in the enemy prime and take it up the little steps its over fo the other team.... snip

I forget, what were those yellow things on the steps?  Hmm...
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 11:04am
tank = pure beast if used properly. the tank node also servers as a great spot to time and grab the redeemer and the shaped charge. just depends on whos on your team, and how you work it. you can teleport to the tank node prior to the redeemer showing up and grab the armor and jump down to grab the redeemer. once you have the tank in motion and someone knows how to use it and where to take the tank, your team is unstopable. 

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Xerxes

....and once i have it in the enemy prime and take it up the little steps its over fo the other team.... snip

Ask envy, he loves taking the take up there..
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Xerxes

It's been done against us in a clan match before so I'd do it now.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 11:57am
Although I'd consider it unsportsmanlike to park the tank or a titian at enemy prime in a casual, public game, I think it's acceptable within highly competitive clan matches, since the developers didn't address this issue in the patch.
TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 12:14pm
It's a lame trick.. I agree with xerxes.. That's what the yellow bars are for.. But people do it anyway..
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 12:18pm
That being said, the developers could have corrected the exploit in the patch...
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by HanFei

Although I'd consider it unsportsmanlike to park the tank or a titian at enemy prime in a casual, public game, I think it's acceptable within highly competitive clan matches, since the developers didn't address this issue in the patch.

hmmm I'd say the opposite lol. I don't think that any glitches should be used in a clan match ever... however once someone has done it to me I won't think twice about doing it to them during a match. The thing is the tank goes over pretty much all barricades there are on the game... on containment, dusk and downtown it easily goes over them... anyway lol...

Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 12:26pm
the tank is the main source of success in downtown! i agree wth dan that pub game nah but clan battle 4 sure! u should all check out the video on youtube of the warfare tournament on the pc eu vs usa its so impressive how they use the tank its awesome! EU smashed them 2 bits and won the tournament! hey venom can u post the exact name of that video on here so people can check it out!
!
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 12:55pm
Ya, I agree with you Dan.  Ideally, no one should use exploits.  Like you said, once another clan uses it on you, then it's fair game to use it back.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 1:58pm
I wished the tank and Titan were completely removed, and all the viehicles did NO damage, just a form of transportation! 
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 2:06pm
No vehicular damage would just be boring...
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 2:28pm
Yeah but if you have 200 health and 200 armor, a manta should not be able to roadkill you!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 2:31pm
In my opinion you have to know the correct time to get that node. This always happens regardless of how good of a team you have. If the tank node gets built before you build the center node, I can bet you that you will lose both the center and your prime within a matter of minutes. Sure you get a nice big ol' vehicle to help you in defense but for orb carriers like me, it's worthless, it hurts more for us than it does help because its placed as the main spawn point after you die.

What I believe works best is once you get center and have a solid defense for that node or if you have enemy prime node you can then get the tank node, or of course going into overtime for that extra node.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 2:54pm
Amen JP... it is all about timing... if you have centre locked down and the other team seem set on running the orb to centre then its a perfect time. I'd agree with all of that... it certainly has its place.
ASHYTEBUBLExD View Drop Down
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 5:41pm
I wish there was a pimp my tank mode in ut3... get sum spinners, neon lights and a V12 4C engine!
Ha! We've got guns!, No what you have are bullets and the hope that by time you've fired im not still standing because if I am, you'll be dead befor you've reloaded
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 6:04pm
LOL, I would want a hot tub on the back of mine
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 7:58pm
rofled
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 10:29am
watch and learn a thing or two about abusing power and team work...

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=602683

EnVy must be earned"
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 11:02am
Originally posted by _EnVy_

watch and learn a thing or two about abusing power and team work...

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=602683

That kinda teamwork is the only reason I am still playing this game... constant healing the tank... Working and moving as a team. Big up EU!!!
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 1:09pm
thats where i learned the tank trick, so get mad at the pros =]

EnVy must be earned"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>