FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Players that made you better

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Players that made you better
    Posted: 14 May 2009 at 8:04pm
Im not sure if this thread was created , but i thought id make something to give thanks to the people who helped you the most in UT3.

1)MEGA_DroNE- saw potential in me and took the time to give me pointers in CTF
2) JPINATOR - taught me the maps of warfare and orb running strategy (sorry i still suck LOL)
3)MEGA_Shark - showed me that staying alive in TDM was just as important as killing
4)Shinobi- very chillin on the mic and showed me jump boot flag runs on select vctf maps
5)TX2k7- showed me some jump boot runs in suspense ( i doubt he remembers tho LOL)
6) ckc_switch - probably the funniest guy ive seen on UT3 besides "cock boy" LMAO, plus he repped me for ckc =)
6) ckc_cylo - One funny lady who scares the hell out of me in a hellbender, she also helped talk to pinakul to let me join ckc

If there is a thread already created like this , my bad , but if there hasnt list who helped u become a decent player at this game =)

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 8:23pm
I'll start from the very beginning... and try to be as clear as to how they helped me.

Do_Or_Die... I watched him running flags on sandstorm and suspense and thats where I took my routes from.

Jorgelius... He taught me how to die, which taught me the importance of shooting from distance and getting people quick... trust me once he got out the respawn on suspense you had little chance of getting this guy.

Xerxes - Endless hammer jump sessions on sandstorm and suspense... first person to teach me lift jumps.

CollosusSlayer + ICE_Killingspree - Helped me thru nearly ever ctf map between them... I wish KS would come back, top guy.

Pacerx - This guy pretty much taught me warfare whether he knew it or not... Only in the last 6/7 months I have been into warfare and I used to play on the GOW servers a little before that... this guy taught me a lot of stuff along with ALX-NDR.

Spagender - Beast... best warfare player IMO, not unstoppable but pretty close. He taught me the art of defending and unlike so many other 'top' players ALWAYS ALWAYS did a job for the team... if you picked an orb up he would be there with a vehicle. Another top notch guy and I wish he would come back :(

Envy - Always a test to play against... one of those players that joins and it feels like two players have joined. Although sometimes over the top (like myself) he kinda showed me the passion that you can have about this game and that if your gonna play a mode you should probably take the time to learn it and consider that your on a team and you shouldn't let anyone down.

Woolvie/Lunar/JP - Observed how they hold and run orbs. Timing on all 3 is excellent.

Chris_C and Arko - These two are the best VCTF players going... I don't think any pairing could beat them across the game, chris showed me how to do the jumps on sandstorm.

Blackcats - I don't care what anyone says they are still number 1 IMO as a team in VCTF. ElliSNO was unstoppable in the fury/raptor... like seriously amazing... and add in that they had teamwork down the the exact second I don't think anyone could beat them even now if you gave them a few weeks to get back into it. Altho Desert has quit gaming all together :(

Sorry if I have missed anyone out... I know I probably have coz I have been playing from day 1!

Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 8:48pm
Nootsac  & Duragesic i really miss playing those guys
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 9:02pm
wooow quite alot of people for me to mention here

first off just some people i played with from the start, i dont actually know them and hardly spoke witht hem but these are people who gave me challenges ages ago when i first started out on ut3, i played these in dm..
phantomica
bambam
DCTOMEK
kureslome,(well i sometimes talk 2 this guy, good guy too. these just gave me challenges as i started ut3.
SOUL_DEATH_R.. we duelled quite alot of times when i started to get good. but he was such a challeenge and we played on a regular basis and playing him improved me tons, the 1st time we dulled though it was something like 8-7 to me, then i found out he was laggin. after he beat me like 10-1, but gradually, our games were soo even and managed to beat him a few.

watching greats like xkal1bur,paweezzy,phantaci,maiden. helped me learn stuff.

greenylaad and hunt4ams, two great people, long time ut3 frineds, been playing with/against eachother loads now and its been great fun. we have some beastly games

as for vehicle modes. spagender, he got me into warfare. he taught me alot of things, even if i made mistakes i would always get him saying to me, wow, well done friend. or when i done a real good thing he is always sent me a mesage saying amazing!!!, tbh, he is like my ut3 inspiration, always motivated me, and if it werent for him, i probably wouldnt of got into vehicle modes and hardly play ut3,or got into warfare and vctf on my own, without any help and wont be as good as i am now, i wouldnt even be in ICN if i didnt play with spagender. i owe alot to him. big reason im the player i am now. big shame he left ut3!! fairest guy in ut3 ever, period.

danjel/jpinatoroneman1army. i admire how these 3 do what they do best. and learned from playing with them. thanks u guys :)

lunareffect. from the early days of me playing warfare, i always saw this guy ripping teams apart and getting the highest points in each and every game i saw him in. he was another who i wanted 2 get like

envy- pretty much as dan said, always been a challenege whenever i play him.

ReC warheart.. a player who i have never saw say anything bad about anyone, always respectful and i respect this guy.

smp members, cant remember exactly who it was, i just remember prodigy and arkos at the time, beofre icn was official, we played them in a clan game, that match was one of the most intense games i ever games i ever played. my 1st clan game ever, and playing u guys, even though u did bash us at the time, i admired how u played as a team, glad we have prodigy on our team now ;P

also, cant 4get that bubble of sh*t, ash*tbubble. we teach eachother tricks all the time. always trying stuff out, getting in the same games, and having fun. always a laugh, especially when he is annoyed woooooow.
and cant 4get shewulph and daBOMB, every time we play, its fun, always have fun convos all the time, whether its duel or any other mode, great friends with these 2. also i was 1st 2 witness daBOMB's success of her mastering the sandstorm jump!!, and still remember shewulphs dirty tricks of trying to fool me into thinking there was someone in her house so she can shoot me when unexpected, haha, funny. didnt work though xD she denies that she is good but i keep telling her that she is gonna be great at this game soon, she already owns tdm.

basically the rest of icn is also great, love playing with u guys!!
sorry for wasting tons of your time, u can now get back to your lives :)

OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 9:38pm
I have to say Envy, JP, and Spag. Don't get me wrong, I was never a noob when I enter warfare cuz I practice unlike some people. Anyways if it wasn't for the techniques this guys and gal taught me, I wouldn't be a great warfare player.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Ewokk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ewokk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 9:50pm
all tRi members~>including ex-member tRi_2surviv3
dameik
phantaci
xkal1bur
maiden01
rico
Dear CTF,

I know I have been spending a lot of time dueling lately, but you will always be my first love.
surfacing8671 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote surfacing8671 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 10:46pm
So many people have made a better player its not even funny. The one though that tought me the most and probably one of the only reasons why i became good was raoulcheap. This guy was my verry first friend on my list. Me and him would play DM for hours. After a while more people started to hop on the train and we would constantly play each other. Before i knew it QcP was born. All those hours spent in them DMs really made me.

IGoblinI View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote IGoblinI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 10:55pm
training simulators and mods..........
I...am...vEnOmmmMm!!!!
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 11:00pm
Jook
LeX
Ric0
Cuj0
B1rd
xkali
TeRrry15 Z
Phantaci
PaWwSlEeZy
xWildcard Z
Trendy
TiLter Z

name_is_clantag
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 12:00am
the people who beat me. everyone
nah not EVERYONE i refuse to lose 2 some of y'all...
XtC_PAIN-KILLER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote XtC_PAIN-KILLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 12:02am
ppl that i hav to be honest helped me along the way...the entire ckc roster, chris c, crow, incremental, darkflames, daabomb, deadaim, dlahotshot, samarai23, silverJ, ipwn, envy, tx, shewulph, urlord, dablackworm, arkos, sasqauch_bang, supreme_venom, and i cant 4 get bout migz lol im sure there r more
XtC_PAIN-KILLER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote XtC_PAIN-KILLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 12:12am
so to all u guys that helped me so far. thx n i hope that one day i can show u all im not trash...thx again
Maiden01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maiden01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 12:43am
people in ut99

TeRrry15_Z
God_Biofreak  - he was my first duel partner on ps3,played alot whit him
LeX
Cujo

SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 12:56am
I am still waiting on someone to make me better, any takers?
those that helped me out would be roadrage2k7, nasty, TruAce, Shockz, Pain, Ramslayer and everyone else that kicks my @$$ on a daily basis, thank you all for helping me Ouch
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 1:05am
off the top of my head

Shinobi - was the first to show me the ropes in this game.  Any semblance of skill I have I owe to him first.  always two there are.. a master and an apprentice.  I am his Padawan.  

Two Ply er, Fase - Cool inside and out the field he's was gracious enough to share some tips with me

PeeNotCool/Bain/Wreck - these great peeps not only gave me the great tips in VCTF but also recently tolerated my insulting presence in WF and actually welcomed me and guiding me whenever they could.

TX - Another great vet/superstar that shared insight with me in VCTF.  Yes I was listening to you bro.  Intently lol.

Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 1:37am
Anyone I've duelled with quite a bit.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 4:17am
VEDAKID, every1 in MEGA, collosusslayer, carlangasbox
Mowie wowie, envy, and alot of other ppl who i
Cant remember!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
GunJaCrew View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GunJaCrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 6:09am
the PS3 UT3 Community make me better =D good work guys =D
shewulph View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote shewulph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 6:29am
- ICN_ThAtSmAtT ( l-The3nd-l ) - when i had only had the game for a month he showed me all the jumps and taught me the basics in dueling. Still helps me train todayy. :D
- GOD_BIOFREAK - making me laugh all the time and helping me train for tdm and duel. helped me learn how to talk in the mic and play at the same time. xD
- TrAjiK_BIOFREAK - if he wouldn't have joined tdm when i asked him too i would've died of boredom.
- NEMICH - haha another good TDM player i've played since forever. :D
- Ether404 - the only person that has actually been patient enough to train me multiple times in VCTF and not go completely insane.
- BuMrUsH24SeV - i would have never gotten any good at all in tdm if i wouldn't have had to play him.
- Heavenly Clan - for working with me in VCTF and WF.
- FoXy - for making me laugh my head off all the time and playing tdm with me.
- Good IH users - for teaching me how to be scared of the impact hammer.

and some more i can think of aree....
theVIRUSofLIFE69, Drokun, ipwn, carlangasbox, hunt4ams, kali, all duelists, and some more people. .-.

Originally posted by ICN_ThAtSmAtT

and still remember shewulphs dirty tricks of trying to fool me into thinking there was someone in her house so she can shoot me when unexpected, haha, funny.

LOL OMG there srsly was someone in my house i swear D:
this is my cup of care -> \_/

oh look. it's empty.

Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 6:54am
Rico - overall console dueling
Weaponized - Map  Strategies
Tilter - Map Strategies

XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 7:51am
I don't think he's on these forums but FlorianDJSmd showed me some awesome tricks and tips on the vctf maps but apart from that I've just got better by observing players in general tbh.

Hopefully I'll get a few little warfare training sessions in soon aswell so yeah thanks to the guys who I added about warfare. :)
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 10:19am
ive learned from every player that ive ever played against. ive even learned from noobs teaching me what not to do. ive watched and gained knowledge from just about every good player that ive come across. its just to bad i cant frag like the best fraggers out there =[  my list of who has made me better would be to long to post... so thanks everyone!

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 11:03am

No ones really "showed me the ropes" ...yet. I've learned mainly from watching, then posting questions on the epic forum, and then practicing my ass off.

The players that I watched, tried to emulate and really motivated me to get better are:

help_Qcp
TX2k7
Tru-Lunchy
Chris c

And just about everyone on AR.
As well as everyone in my clan

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 12:10pm
There's been so many that I have learned from by watching so if I don't list you don't think you're not appreciated.
Shinobi, Outlaw and the old PcX crew.
Sickboogie, Crow, Raoul and Incremental.
Ace, Pinakul, Trainwreck, Envy, Spag and the rest of the warfare greats.
My ICN team mates. Especially Zodiac (spec ops master), Danjel (thanks for putting up with my constant questions when we're on the same team), Prodigy (teamwork expert) and last but not least, JP (thanks for taking time out of your life to help. I've really learned alot).
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 12:49pm
Wow, where to start.  My list is made up of guys that I have either gotten training from directly or learned by observation.  In no particular order:

• xXChris_CXx
  • BioSoaker
  • Sk-iller
  • Do-Or_Die_420
  • Two_Fase
  • TX2k7
  • xplorer2233
  • Prodigy
  • J_Rivers
  • Arkos315
  • Help_Qcp
  • Ether404
  • Fidelio5
  • XKal1bur
  • Bain
  • Danjel8
  • sickboogiemurder
  • Helscream
  • RAMPA1G3
  • RAMSLAYER
  • Pinnacle
  • Migz1
  • W4RH34RT
  • Pipestrangla

I'm sure there are plenty of others that I have learned stuff from.  Two_Fase and Do_Or_Die_420 are the ones that gave me the most intense schooling though.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>