Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Headsets and other accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

just got these, what amp do i need?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just got these, what amp do i need?
    Posted: 18 May 2009 at 4:53pm

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 4:54pm
copy paste fail?
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 4:55pm
I reckon if we start quoting this original post repeatedly it will be the longest quote box in approximately 2 posts.

So your using Headphones now? You gonna be using them for warfare or wouldn't it make sense?
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by ICN_Danjel8

I reckon if we start quoting this original post repeatedly it will be the longest quote box in approximately 2 posts.

So your using Headphones now? You gonna be using them for warfare or wouldn't it make sense?

r u crazy? i can play wf one handed and with my eyes closed. to much noise in multi player modes like wf for them to be useful, maybe on maps like sinkhole i will. but yeah im using hp's and going to be switching to fragfx. all i need now is a matching amp to go with these sony 6000. what would be a good matching amp?

EnVy must be earned"
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:04pm
dude im telling you dont switch to fragfx its good but beyond difficult to use ur better off just using controller+mouse
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

dude im telling you dont switch to fragfx its good but beyond difficult to use ur better off just using controller+mouse

isnt that fragfx? i just want soming else besides the damn controller to aim with. should i just go all out kbm?

EnVy must be earned"
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:09pm
ive try'd the controller/mouse combo and it worked OK
if i had a better mouse i'd DEFF. be playin like that more offten.
aim is a bit better with mouse and easy-er to use
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:12pm
oh god no kb is worse the only person i knew who used kb so efficiently well two ppl would be maiden and helscream dont know how they did it took forever i assume because of how jump is unless they changed they default set up i would go with controller+mouse L1 jump L2 talk L3 to get inside a vehicle Mouse 3 to use translocator (can be switched with L3 depending on ur preference) hold that on one hand and use the mouse on ur other same concept as frag but the actual frag fx is more difficult to use because of how bad the fragfx mouse is plus a nrmal mouse is way more sensitive then the frag mouse even ust a 20 dollar mouse hell with 20 i can just go to walmart and get a 1000 dpi mouse i recommend using controller+mouse combo cost less then fragfx and IMO more effective but if your going to use a vehicle with that combo its going to take a bit of work to get back to using it properly its a bit difficult as sometimes it takes me a bit to remember how to self destruct i believe its just holdin down the secondary fire but i dont play vehicle modes as often as you so you should catch on quickly
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:16pm
ok gurus i want AMP info plox!

EnVy must be earned"
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:16pm
probably best off with Fn A members replying
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:17pm
drokun i use controller+mouse so im right to give info..

edit: as for ur amp question sorry dont use headphones so i wouldnt know i use surround sound
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:19pm
I meant amp info
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:33pm
where is pawsleezy when ya need him?? =[

EnVy must be earned"
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:44pm

oh god no kb is worse the only person i knew who used kb so efficiently well two ppl would be maiden and helscream dont know how they did it took forever i assume because of how jump is unless they changed they default set up i would go with controller+mouse L1 jump L2 talk L3 to get inside a vehicle Mouse 3 to use translocator (can be switched with L3 depending on ur preference) hold that on one hand and use the mouse on ur other same concept as frag but the actual frag fx is more difficult to use because of how bad the fragfx mouse is plus a nrmal mouse is way more sensitive then the frag mouse even ust a 20 dollar mouse hell with 20 i can just go to walmart and get a 1000 dpi mouse i recommend using controller+mouse combo cost less then fragfx and IMO more effective but if your going to use a vehicle with that combo its going to take a bit of work to get back to using it properly its a bit difficult as sometimes it takes me a bit to remember how to self destruct i believe its just holdin down the secondary fire but i dont play vehicle modes as often as you so you should catch on quickly

i was the best kbm player in the game.. period
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Drokun

I dont know any good reliable amps but i personally do not recommend Sony as your choice for headphones. If you want high quality gaming headphones I would look to the top brands such as
Sennheisers, Steel Series, Icemats, Razers, or worse Turtle Beaches.

I used to own a pair of all of those gaming products and i personally prefer Sennheisers, Steel Series (Steel Sound), or Icemats.

One my favorites would be the Sennheisers HD555. You can wear that baby for hours and not feel anything. Emits amazing audio and works quite excellent for music as well.

The only cons i can see on the HD555 is the lack of microphone and the capablity to work with the ps3. But can be easily solvable with Audio Component splitters. Basically it Splits the GREEN WIRE (Computer Jack audio) to the component audio (RED & WHITE).
name_is_clantag
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 6:07pm
oh crap thats right yeah deadaim also i cant believe i forgot you u had such a weird set up
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by ninefive

helscream, leo aka potato ring a bell?

EnVy must be earned"
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by RemY

Originally posted by Drokun

I dont know any good reliable amps but i personally do not recommend Sony as your choice for headphones. If you want high quality gaming headphones I would look to the top brands such as
Sennheisers, Steel Series, Icemats, Razers, or worse Turtle Beaches.

I used to own a pair of all of those gaming products and i personally prefer Sennheisers, Steel Series (Steel Sound), or Icemats.

One my favorites would be the Sennheisers HD555. You can wear that baby for hours and not feel anything. Emits amazing audio and works quite excellent for music as well.

The only cons i can see on the HD555 is the lack of microphone and the capablity to work with the ps3. But can be easily solvable with Audio Component splitters. Basically it Splits the GREEN WIRE (Computer Jack audio) to the component audio (RED & WHITE).

yeah but i have the sony6000s because they are the first sonys to be engineered for gaming and total surround sound on any device. i need to find a quality amp to bring out the potential in these. there is just something missing imo and i need to know what amp to bring them to life. the fiber optic plug in the back of the ps3 and its crappy low output amp isnt up to my standards. need to know how to rock these bad boys..

EnVy must be earned"
GOD_BIOFREAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOD_BIOFREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by RemY

[QUOTE=Drokun]probably best off with Fn A members replying
I dont know any good reliable amps but i personally do not recommend Sony as your choice for headphones. If you want high quality gaming headphones I would look to the top brands such asSennheisers, Steel Series, Icemats, Razers, or worse Turtle Beaches.I used to own a pair of all of those gaming products and i personally prefer Sennheisers, Steel Series (Steel Sound), or Icemats.One my favorites would be the Sennheisers HD555. You can wear that baby for hours and not feel anything. Emits amazing audio and works quite excellent for music as well.The only cons i can see on the HD555 is the lack of microphone and the capablity to work with the ps3. But can be easily solvable with Audio Component splitters.           turtle beaches ain't bad pawweezy pwns everyone using those and terry use TRiTToN But switched to seinhiesser srry for spelling
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

Originally posted by ninefive

helscream, leo aka potato ring a bell?

yea helscream rings a bell, potato was a newbie

and yea i was by far the best mouse player in the game. helscream played alot more then me and his strategies and knoweldge are better then mine were, but im talking about mouse keyboard player as far as killing/aim. i think people forget the first 6 months of this game where noone could come close to touching me in tdm, the only person in duels that gave me good games was lex i was blowing good players like phantaci and helscream out badly. i broke my arm in a bike accident and just all around didnt play near as much as some ppl so obviously some people caught up.

but as far as helscream, great teammate incredible player, our duel record is like 100-10 though (to give helscream credit he hated duels for the longest time and most were on my host)
helscream had a cheapo mouse, his aim wasnt what made helscream so deadly, it was his knoweldge of the game.

maiden and rico are the next 2 top kbm players to mention, both are incredible with mouse and keyboard but my duel record vs them had me winning aswell.
as far as potato, yawn.. dude never even dueled if he did he hid behind an alias and i can count on 1 hand the amount of losses i took in duels in the first 6+ months of the game and none were vs aliases.

i know its a difrent game, but i have my pc aim back now after a few months of practice and if anyone wants to come on kbm and play me in quake live ill show them my skills on kbm

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 8:41pm
ok amp talk time?????

i thought you guys knew something, any non noobs out there that can help me? please no more noob posts on how good you think you used to be. this is about amps that are needed with the said about headphones...

p.s. to deadaim...counter strike and you got a deal?

EnVy must be earned"
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:03pm

ok amp talk time?????

i thought you guys knew something, any non noobs out there that can help me? please no more noob posts on how good you think you used to be. this is about amps that are needed with the said about headphones...

Are you going to also run a mic with these headphones?

Any amp would work. These have a stereo mini plug, so any home stereo amp should work. Do you have a budget in mind? Your setup should look like the following: PS3 digital out or component out to the amp, then the amp to the headphones. However, you need a different connection for the mic. The best option with this setup would be to place a mic on a table or clip one to your shirt and run that either via blutooth or usb.

If you are using this for the PS3, they make sets like this that are usb, that include a mic. Although it looks a little fighter pilot, they generally get great reviews.

If you are just using these outside of the PS3, then I'm a personal fan of Harman Kardon. The quality is impacable, but they do come with a heft prive tag. For the price and the best all around natural sound quality, Yamaha is a hands down winner. But if you can flip the bill, go with Harman.

Bose generally gets decent reviews, but I would stay away from them. The saying goes "No highs, no lows, then must be bose." Also, Sony's amps are alright, but nothing to write home about. Yamaha on the other hand would work Bose and Sony any day of the week. Yamaha's sound quality is well known and praised in the industry.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

ok amp talk time?????

Are you going to also run a mic with these headphones?

Any amp would work. These have a stereo mini plug, so any home stereo amp should work. Do you have a budget in mind? Your setup should look like the following: PS3 digital out or component out to the amp, then the amp to the headphones. However, you need a different connection for the mic. The best option with this setup would be to place a mic on a table or clip one to your shirt and run that either via blutooth or usb.

If you are using this for the PS3, they make sets like this that are usb, that include a mic. Although it looks a little fighter pilot, they generally get great reviews.

If you are just using these outside of the PS3, then I'm a personal fan of Harman Kardon. The quality is impacable, but they do come with a heft prive tag. For the price and the best all around natural sound quality, Yamaha is a hands down winner. But if you can flip the bill, go with Harman.

Bose generally gets decent reviews, but I would stay away from them. The saying goes "No highs, no lows, then must be bose." Also, Sony's amps are alright, but nothing to write home about. Yamaha on the other hand would work Bose and Sony any day of the week. Yamaha's sound quality is well known and praised in the industry.

well not saying im a pure genius in terms of stereos or the music industry, but i do know a thing or two about them. i was wondering if there was a said amp where i could just plug in a amp with a power source into the ps3(fiber optic) that has an equalizer so i can tinker with to find optimal potential plugging in the headphones to the amp. so your saying that any reg home stereo/amp will work? i find this not to be the best choice and im looking for just that..

EnVy must be earned"
IGoblinI View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote IGoblinI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:43pm
envy u wud be better off using turtlebeach x1s for 40 bucks

do the same and dont have to pay for batteries and none of this amp sh*t 

trust me.......im the person u waant to take advice from on this game hahah
I...am...vEnOmmmMm!!!!
IGoblinI View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote IGoblinI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:44pm
n deadaim was the best KB/M user i ever faced and i faced them all
I...am...vEnOmmmMm!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>