| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Player Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGet to Know a UT3 Player- Do_Or_Die_420

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to Know a UT3 Player- Do_Or_Die_420
    Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:27pm

Welcome everyone to the Get to Know a UT3 Player. I am your host JPINATOR. We have another veteran to interview this time and one that was requested multiple times. I’d like to welcome Do_Or_Die_420!

Most of you all know this player, I like to call him one of our many cross breeders, he rocks in both foot and vehicle modes! I know he has played this game for quite some time and his words of wisdom shouldn't be taken lightly! Let's Start!

What is your age?  I'm 29 years young but my back feels like its 58

Sex? Yes plz, Just kidding I’m male...Just looked down to confirm it.

Where are you from?  I'm from the state of cornfields, iLLiNoiS.

What is your real name?  Matthew Ryan, Not sharing my last name cuz i don’t need Aquaknot hunting me down..

When you’re not hosting your regular TDM/CTF battles or using your mad skills in VCTF what would you be doing instead, outside of UT3?

Well before I injured my back I was in a basketball league at the local gym.  Working out till I’m beat then partaking in the herbal remedies.  Watchin Dvd's and listening to hip-hop music, lil free styling, Hacky Sack & anything outdoors. Cruisin down tha strip wit my boys blasting theme songs to get strange looks from people.

What pointers would you like to share? 

Never be afraid to ask questions even if you think their dumb cuz nobody asks dumber questions then me half of tha time.

Share with us some of your strategize.

Honestly I don’t really strategize, it's kind of like free styling jus go wit the flow and let it take you where it wants, keeps the game interesting & not stale.

What are some maps you like playing?

DM & TDM - Rising Sun I know a lot of ppl hate on it but keeping sippin that hatoraid cuz it's a perfect map unless you're playing it on public servers with 16 ppl.

CTF - ReFLeCTiOn, I'm the dude that votes for this map every time so get over it already.  Now I wake up in the middle of the night to the announcer screaming blue/red flag taken!

VCTF - SuSPeNsE, Surprise, surprise I know but I think that map is equal on both sides and gives you lots of choices for which way to run wit the flag.  Now ppl will be referring to me when they say "Lets play a different map nOOb".

WaRFaRe - DoWnToWn, Ever since SMP played GOW on this map I’ve been obsessed with it.  Action for days & it has a tank node I like getting just to annoy some ppl....

What about the maps you despise?

Deimos, enough said. Corruption, who doesn’t love to camp more then me?  Really tho, even I don’t like the feeling of arthritis at the end of the match.  Quick Shout-Out to the Ak-47 boyz and allowing me to get 4 Massacres wit the Dark Walker on that map!

All of the previous interviews, people have showed us nothing but disgust for the Titan pack, what are your thoughts on this pack?

I absolutely HATE titan mode even though it gives me one hell of a reason to spawn kill but who likes seeing their name reported on the forums for doing it, I DO!?!  I think the 2 new modes they added are dOpe & alot of fun and most of the new maps look pretty sweet even tho I haven’t really played the WarFare maps yet.  Trophy Support was a good look too probably will be the only game I get the platinum trophy for!  I'd like to thank Bishop, Reaper, Othello & all there good buddy's for helping me score a few trophies

Most of us know from your clan’s thread, that you not only play UT3, you play R2 also. Any reason to why you are still sticking to this game?

Where else can I link up to a manta and get slammed off walls and rug burns on my face from out of control drivers. Cough (JP) Cough....This was my first online experience aka my first true love & I cant let go just yet....Great ppl, great competition.

I thought we were past that DOD!!! LOL!! I know I’m a horrible driver, you and Woolvie used to give me so much crap. That’s why I get so many pancakes; no one can shoot my radical driving manta

What are your dislikes about this game?

The Complaining, The Whining, The Crying, The Attitudes My Crap Don’t Stink....I know mine stinks I’m on the toilet wit my laptop doing this damn interview!

Well that’s just lovely, everyone who is reading this are probably feeling very dirty right now, must have had some Chinese or Mexican food huh?

You mentioned that the reason why you still play this game are for the people, lets use this time to give out some shout outs to those that you love battling with or against.

Everyone who has bought this One-Of-A-Kind game is WORTH playing with & against even if they don’t know what they're doing.   XKaLiBur - DueLs, WaFare - Lunchy, VCTF - Arkos Or Chris_C, CTF - Phantaci Or BumRush,  TDM - JUGGI!!! Nobody looked better dying then this kid  LoL , JP & WooLvie as my witness!   Let me turn this interview around real quick....JP any recent sightings of Juggi!?

I have seen sightings of our dear beloved Juggi! I was hosting TDM a couple months ago, GoDead and Ewokk was in with me, as witnesses! He was still using the Krall character and still acting very “bot-ish” I saw his name and freaked out, we actually spent two full maps messing with him. We would walk behind him, all 3 of us, shoot at him once, he would stop immediately and slowly turn toward us, just like a novice bot, it's hard to tell the difference!

I know that sounds mean,but this guy or gal is a riot!! If you ever see someone named Juggi in TDM, pay close attention, he’ll have you cracking up!!!

When you first entered UT3, your name didn’t mean anything to us besides you like to smoke the green stuff, now your name means a lot more. You may have gotten a little help to get to that, that’s why we want to know who has helped you achieved this stardom.

I feel like I’ve just won American idol or something being asked that question Hah.  I don’t consider myself a star or anything like that just a good player who likes to have a good time playing the game.

Just like the loading screen says before you enter a game, you were a noob at one time, how was it like to be one?

Perfect, nobody expects anything from you.  Nobody asking you 20 times in two minutes if your mic is working, nobody telling you what to do on a public server & so on...Sometimes you just wanna smoke yourself retarded and look at the graphics or drive around in a viper hip thrusting as you pancake innocent victims hearing the announcer say VEHICULAR MANSLAUGHTER as your house rumbles without ppl getting butt hurt.  Why else create an account like   a_gay_man_o-O LoL Guess I’m out da UT3 Closet, Cant wait to sign on  pSn tomorrow and see I’ve been deleted by everyone!

I think we have all created an account with some weird name, kind of embarrassing!! Speaking of embarrassing, do you have any of these moments that stick out?

Seems like I have one of these a day....Only one I remember is taking the orb in avalanche to the wrong prime node and everyone asking "WTF You Doing Dawg"

What about something that really made you laugh?

Let's see.....Taking out a raptor wit a longbow then watching the person linked up trying to take his hover board and surf all the way to his death, SPLAT.  Then watching the raptor debris land on his teammates head for a MULTIKILL! 

How was it when you first started playing your favorite mode?   

Nothing but good times!  No one had a mic and you could do whatever you wanted to do without having to be worried about being reported on the forums for taking long leisure walks in a darkwalker.

What are some do's and don'ts of your favorite mode? 

Do's..... I'd say don’t be afraid to ask questions even if you think they're dumb cuz lets face it who asked dumber questions then me?  Always try to grab a Longbow when you respawn.  Pick up every health-pack, vial, armor & ammo you can possibly find or your enemy will, except maybe in Kargo cuz you only start off with an enforcer.  Doesn’t hurt to take a minute out of your day and charge up a vehicle if you pass by it with a link gun. Call out anything useful on tha mic like where enemies are sniping from or where vehicles are located & where they're heading.   Call out what times you pick up redeemers, emp mines, spider mines, shield belts & so on so your teammates can pick them up next time if you're not around to do so.  Also put the CLOCK on your screen...Cough J_RiVeRs Cough! Dont's.....Dont Use GLiTCHeS!  Dont hi-jack your own teams vehicles when they're charging them up!  Dont Park Vehicles on The Flag!  Dont Enter A VCTF Server play a few mins then decide to go M-I-A for hours upon hours.  Last But Not Least...DoNt HaTe ThE MoDe HaTe ThE PpL ThAt MaDe ThE MoDe!

One thing you need to work on as for skill?

Jumping away from rockets and not into them!

Your biggest flaws for UT3 or PSN?  

I only play UT3 when I’m smokin, No wonder my aim is garbage I cant see half of the time!
I have a problem with deleting ppl off pSn LoL, I just cant stand looking at dumb avatars and ppl i never talk too.  So this lil voice in my head is constantly telling me to delete them! Nothing personal

If You Could Create A UT3 Taunt, What Would It Be? 

Without a doubt Jp from Grandma's Boy saying AUDIOS TURD NUGGET wit his lil gun shooting impersonation!

Have any favorite sports teams?

My next biggest addiction other then UT3! Hands down my fav team is the UNC TaRHeeLs (2009 Champs!)  Chicago Bulls is my NBA team.  Football is by far my fav sport, only day I won’t play clan matches on is Sunday LoL. DaLLaS CowBoys (NFL) & Florida State Seminoles (CoLLeGe)  are my two fav football teams! Last but not least baseball...Chicago WhiteSox, thank god I got to whiteness them winning a championship before I died!  Now if only tha Cubs would be so kind and end that damn curse!

What other games do you play other then UT3?

MLB The Show 09 - Sickest Baseball game I’ve played yet!
Resistance 2 - Change a pace from UT3, Have more laughs in this game then any otha I’ve played.
GT4 - I mean really, Who doesn’t like driving around wit their homies shootin up the hood LoL
MidNight Club Los Angeles - Sick Graphics!  How else could I be like Xzibit on MTV's Pimp My Ride!?
Blitz ll - Thank god there's at least one football game that doesn’t suck.  Madden was my fav game until it was released on tha ps3...Every version has sucked but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Any favorite drinks or snacks while playing UT3?  

Gatorade & Propel Waters (Great Way to Relieve CottonMouth)   I can usually munch a box or two of fruit snacks before I hit my massacre!

We all know that if you’re not playing UT3 you are probably playing Resistance 2, how did R2 manage to pull you away from UT3?

Ribbons & Medals....My favorite Ribbon would be BECAUSE I LOVE YOU (No HoMo)  You get that if you kill tha same player 10 times in tha same match!  Right behind that would be NOT WORTH THE BULLET....Nothing funnier then some random dude putting up a auger shield and walking right thru it and cracking them in the head wit a pistol!!

Pro's & Con's Of R2?

For me the cons would be the new competitive match making system....It's worse then e-harmony.com...Only being able to carry around 2 weapons....And glitchy players moon walking across your screen like Michael Jackson....

Pro's would be....Clan Support & Party System....Medals, Ribbons & Trophy Support....Not having to hold down a stupid button to talk...A MUTE option which UT3 needs to get desperately...Keeps tracks of all your STATS in campaign, competitive & Co Op modes...Last but not least, YOU CAN T-BAGG your opponent after you kill them LOL

If you could take a mode outta R2 and put it in UT3 what would it be?

Without a doubt, SKIRMISH!!  Basically what you have to do is control certain sections on that map with your squad before you can move onto the next Beacon aka UT3 terms would be called a NODE.  Also you have a 1 priority target thru out tha game....If he's on your team all you have to do is protect him, If he's on tha rival squad you must Assassinate him or PURGE him in R2 terms..

All in all R2 is hella fun and I have way more laughs playing that game than I do UT3.  At tha end of tha day if you're not enjoying tha game you're playing then you shouldn’t really be playing it at all.

Wise words spoken from a true player! I would like to thank Do_Or_Die_420 for spending a lot of time on this. I wanted to keep your “spelling mistakes” in this to make the interview more real. Even though your game library is growing and you are finding other ways to entertain yourself rather than playing UT3, you will always be considered a great veteran of this game and a great member of this community!

Thank you everyone for reading, and we will see you on the next Get to Know a UT3 Player! 

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:30pm
A+++

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:43pm
Great job Jp and DoD! Always fun kicking it wit you! Dude taught me a few things about vctf (sandstorm, which is probably the only vctf map i'm half ass decent at, LoL)
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:55pm
great job!!
that video from grandmas boy is F'n awsome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:56pm
Thank you for interviewing me Jp, gOOd TiMeS!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 11:05pm
Good stuff!!! Nice insight into one of the best VCTF players around.
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 11:22pm
Great interview!!! DoD had my rollin!!!
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 11:48pm
awesome interview JP
*two thumbs up*
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 12:36am
Wow.  I gotta get to know this DoD guy...

LMAO - great interview guys!
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 10:06am
Great interview. Always a pleasure playing with DoD.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 5:48pm
good sh*t
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 5:51pm
Matt Ryan?  Isn't that the Atlanta Falcons QB? Wink
good job, DOD is a cool guy
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
xX-RJD3-Xx View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Headhunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX-RJD3-Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 7:47pm
i feel so much closer to DoD now Cry
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by xX-RJD3-Xx

i feel so much closer to DoD now Cry

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, that just made my day hahah thanks RJD3, hilarious!!!
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 8:16pm
Almost as funny as you tryin to redecorate my pOd LoL
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Headhunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX-RJD3-Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 8:19pm

watch now aqua is gonna come in here and make a smart-a$s remark about my ankle lol

AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by xX-RJD3-Xx

watch now aqua is gonna come in here and make a smart-a$s remark about my ankle lol

Especially when were all ina chat & i just told him LOL
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Headhunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX-RJD3-Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 8:23pm
uhhUnhappy

doin bad................
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 9:05pm
UNDERPANTS AND A TONGUE FTW!!!!!!
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 9:52pm
underpants and a tongue.... wtf?  n e ways good interview LOL

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 11:11pm
Very nice, DoD is good ppl!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
XTERMNATR View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
It's MY Darkwalker!

Post Options Post Options   Quote XTERMNATR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 9:45am
cool interview   jp
mad respect for DOD
hall of fame
"people living DEEPLY have no fear of death"- anais nin
 Post Reply Post Reply