| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sites for Custom Maps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sites for Custom Maps
    Posted: 22 May 2009 at 7:57pm
first site is the EPIC game forums custom content thread...
now not all of the content in here is compatible with the PS3, but some are. if u see something that u think u might like, click on it and if it has "PS3" next to the "Compatibility" list then u can download it.

Files From EPIC threads:
these files are in the form of ".zip" or ".rar" so u will need to download them to a PC and unzip them before transfering them to ur PS3.
To Do This:
  • download the file (i would recommend saving it to ur desktop so u can find it easily.)
  • locate the icon for the file on ur desktop (or where ever u decided to save it)
  • insert a USB Strorage Device (or other compatable media) into ur PC
  • right click the icon and scroll down to "WinZip" -> "Extract to here"
  • the files will then be extracted to location that your ".zip" file is located in, the file you are looking for is titled "USERDATA.JAM" once u find that file, move it to the Root Directory of your USB or Storage Media (Root Directory simply means the basic drive i.e. C:/ or D:/ etc...) DO NOT save the file into any Folders EVER! or the file will not be found when you try to import it!
  • with the USERDATA.JAM file now on your Storage Media, insert the USB/Whatever into the PS3 and start up UT3.
  • Go to the Mod Browser and Import New Content
  • Click the Storage Media you inserted into your PS3, select the file, and let it upload. ENJOY!!

IMPORTANT NOTE:

you can only have ONE USERDATA.JAM file on your USB at a time, so if you wish to downlaod multiple files, you must first install you 1st file and then either DELETE it or OVERWRITE it.

second is a site I found that not only has custom maps, but also great Mutators, Skins, Vehicles and WEAPONS! Download the Hacker v2!!!
For Files From this site:
  • these files are all in the form of "USERDATA.JAM" but unfortunately the site will not load on a PS3 browser so a PC is needed
  • simply click on Download file and select your USB device as the save destination
  • insert the USB drive into PS3 and import into UT3

lastly: (can download directly from ur PS3

To Download Directly To PS3
For mods from the GOW site:
if u want to dowlnoad directly to the ps3 , move ur cursor over the "Download PS3 Version" press triangle on ur controler and go to "Save Target As" option. ull need some form of storage device plugged in to ur ps3 so it can save, then just pop in ut3, and upload it. Even if u r downloadin the mod from ur PC for the PS# version of ut3, ALWAYS click the PS3 Version
For mods from UT3MOD.com:
click on "PS3 download link" and select the storage device that u have inserted in ur PS3 and save it. then go into ut3 and upload it.

SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 9:30pm
Btw.. thanks for linking to ut3mod.wetpaint for All over TDM.. I not only got it, but found other mods and one of which is still my current favorite.. Relics..  I just love them so much.. btw..  I generally mess around and play with Redemption, Vengence, Radiation (though it's usually pointless), Health, and the Evil Relic (Yeah.. I do hate getting it, but it's still fun to play with..  It adds balance. (with Redemption, Vengence, and Health in play) imo..)  More recently, Agility has been starting to rub off on me, but that's about it.. besides Guns, Ammo, and Strength.

As for Defense.. Defense is nice at times, but for some reason, it sometimes glitches/ "glitches up," making the bots that have it (I'm not sure if it's because of multiple relics or whatever, but still..) virtually invincible.  Nothing's more annoying than one of these bots that can't seem to die get into a Goliath/ Minotaur and being pretty much unkillable..  Trust me.. I slammed a redeemer into the roof and it didn't even put a dent in the vehicle's health.. but seeing a bot in a damn near invincible Alboltros getting knocked higher and higher in the air, whilst it's not doing anything at all because the bot is too stupid to know how to use the Redeemer drop or anything, for that matter..
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:34pm
in my first post, i have a link to an Epic forum which list a bunch of files for PC and PS3. for the ones that have not yet been cooked for PS3 could we get someone to possibly cook a few? a lot of these look awesome, would like to see them on PS3. thanks
Stromboli View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stromboli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 6:28pm
you can download directly to PS3 from mine as well
 Post Reply Post Reply