Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

College Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: College Football
    Posted: 28 May 2009 at 2:56pm
We need a segment for some college football (cough) the real football! (cough)  Only 100 days away LOL
Bama's going all tha way....Pasadena or bust!!!

No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 3:03pm
Im an ALUM of the BIG 10. University of Wisconsin!
Rough year for the Badgers last year, I know.

Its sad that the Big 10 just cant seem to compete with the SEC anymore.
wasn't too long ago that that wasn't the case Cry
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 3:16pm
I love college football but they need to do away with the BCS!!! It's totally ruined New Years Day.
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 5:20pm

Give Bielma more time, he has kept what Alvarez started going, what he did last year was impressive giving the circumstances of being a new head coach...however taking Cal Poly to OT this past year was sort of Confused, I hate when D1 A plays D1 AA schools
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

Originally posted by ICN_BAIN

I love college football but they need to do away with the BCS!!! It's totally ruined New Years Day.

Give Bielma more time, he has kept what Alvarez started going, what he did last year was impressive giving the circumstances of being a new head coach...however taking Cal Poly to OT this past year was sort of Confused, I hate when D1 A plays D1 AA schools

Oh god that was an embarrasing performance!
My little cousin goes to Cal Poly, I got so much sh*t for that game.
Badgers D was absolutely Porous last year. Given Bielema was a d coordinator, I think thats unacceptable.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 5:25pm

yeah it would be so simple to implement a playoff, with say every conf champion in D1 A which would be 11 plus maybe 5 at large bids....cut the season back to 11 or 10 games and it is doable...hell most of the games are lame anyways (ie Florida is playing Charleston Southern and Bama is playing UL-Enter City Here this year)....you would have a 16 team playoff including the "non-BCS".  The five at large could have some system to be determined....AND the bowls could still stay around as the "NIT" of football if you will....It's a win/win situation and everyone is making MONEY!!!!!
No pension to retire <_<
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Oh god that was an embarrasing performance!
My little cousin goes to Cal Poly, I got so much sh*t for that game.
Badgers D was absolutely Porous last year. Given Bielema was a d coordinator, I think thats unacceptable.

I hate when head coaches try to take the responsibility as a coordinator....most the time it doesnt work but there are exceptions such as Spurrier at Florida...didn't work for Weis at Notre Lame nor has it worked for Spurrier at SCAR...give it to someone else b/c the head coach has too much already on his plate...
No pension to retire <_<
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 6:59pm

yeah it would be so simple to implement a playoff, with say every conf champion in D1 A which would be 11 plus maybe 5 at large bids....cut the season back to 11 or 10 games and it is doable...hell most of the games are lame anyways (ie Florida is playing Charleston Southern and Bama is playing UL-Enter City Here this year)....you would have a 16 team playoff including the "non-BCS".  The five at large could have some system to be determined....AND the bowls could still stay around as the "NIT" of football if you will....It's a win/win situation and everyone is making MONEY!!!!!

I also think that they should have playoffs.  Yeah, they haven't had a year like that one with USC and the other two schools (I forget the other two's names..) all being undefeated going into the title game and two of them still being undefeated, but still..  I personally think that if the 1/ 2 hasn't beaten the 3 seed or any team that managed to beat it, then they should face them or something like that and a playoff could easily fix the issue of having more than one team deserving the title.

Oh, and as for bowls being the NIT.. why didn't I think of that.. lol?  Actually, the biggest bowl could be the Playoffs' final, while the runner up's (semi-final lossers) get the second biggest bowl and the rest is for the ones who missed the playoffs.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 9:00am
^^^^That would be Auburn and Oklahoma...Auburn sux @$$ and they may have given USC a better game but USC was loaded that year....too bad that national championship is about to be vacated b/c of the Reggie Bush-gate though LOL
No pension to retire <_<
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 10:02am
USC Trojans! And there is no way they are taking the national championship away because of Reggie Bush. The incident was isolated and was not a part of USC.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 2:57pm
gO F$U!!  Cant wait for college & pro football to start...
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

USC Trojans! And there is no way they are taking the national championship away because of Reggie Bush. The incident was isolated and was not a part of USC.

key word in the NCAA investigation is "lack of institutional control".  If they find that players were being paid in football and in basketball (Mayo) that classifies as lack of.... USC is in deep you know what if that is the case...all wins by USC will have to be vacated that Bush played in, including the NC game vs Oklahoma...his Heisman will prolly be taken away...there is a reason this investigation is taking so long and I think it is b/c it is some MAJOR violations...trust me I've seen it with Bama and this will not end pretty for USC Cry
No pension to retire <_<
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

gO F$U!!  Cant wait for college & pro football to start...

man I want a rematch with them Semenholes LOL no great respect for Bobby and FSU, I wish we could have gotten him when we hired Curry b/c he would have walked to Tuscaloosa
No pension to retire <_<
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 8:40pm
little early 4 college football GO MICHIGAN WOLVERINES, NOTRE DAME, & ARMY!!!
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 12:45am
Originally posted by QwEsT

little early 4 college football GO MICHIGAN WOLVERINES, NOTRE DAME, & ARMY!!!

LOL 98 days to go bro, its never too early esp in the south...btw it looks its been a couple tough years for you with those teams LOL JK
No pension to retire <_<
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 8:44am
MICHIGAN yeah becuz all the best left :( & then new head coach so adjusting 4 veterans :(
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 9:46am
^^^^Wow just think had Rich Rod came to Alabama, who would be at Michigan now???  Thankfully he did NOT
No pension to retire <_<
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 4:44pm
Btw.. silly me..  I posted my opinions on the BCS and then forgot to post my favs.. lol..

Anyways, my college football (not the exact same as basketball, as I like Butler and Gonzaga to, in college hoops) favorites are Notre Dame, Purdue, and Missouri.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

Btw.. silly me..  I posted my opinions on the BCS and then forgot to post my favs.. lol..

Anyways, my college football (not the exact same as basketball, as I like Butler and Gonzaga to, in college hoops) favorites are Notre Dame, Purdue, and Missouri.

care to explain why those three are your "favorites"?  They seem a bit random unless you are from Indiana...
No pension to retire <_<
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 5:38pm
Well, I like the two Indiana colleges partially because I live in Indiana, but I originally started liking them because I could relate their colors (somewhat.. at least) to Missouri, which is the state I was born in..  It's my true native state, so to say..
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 5:42pm
ahh I see now, i guess Mizzou has carried your torch then the past few seasons huh ;)
No pension to retire <_<
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 5:50pm
Yeah.. unfortunately, Notre Dame and to a slightly lesser extent or maybe not, Purdue haven't been all too good the past few seasons.  Missouri was doing pretty good late last year, but they ended up missing the BCS.  Oh, and I know this isn't the college hoops thread, but on the hoops side.. I picked Gonzaga because they were once the cinderealla team that I loved to root for (not so much of a cinderella anymore though) and came into liking and Butler because of a similar case.. and they're an Indiana school to boot.
xX-RJD3-Xx View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Headhunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX-RJD3-Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 2:31am

FLORIDA BABY!!!!!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 9:12pm
LOL i want a REMATCH
No pension to retire <_<
Carn4ge 0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Carn4ge 0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 11:06pm
LSU is coming back once our qb gets solid - I'm ready to put the beer on ice and pull out my washer boards - GEAUX TIGERS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>