FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble Shooting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble Shooting
    Posted: 30 May 2009 at 1:34pm
As per request of a member, this topic will be strictly for Trouble Shooting for the PS3 and UT3.  Please place any issues or problems you are having here and the community will attempt to solve it with you.  Error messages, PSN problems, sign outs.  Anything.
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 1:49pm
I shoot any trouble on sight
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Drokun

I shoot any trouble on sight

and I just have trouble shooting ;)

Sorry... *reminds herself to stay on topic!*
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 2:04pm

ERROR CODE: 8002AD23

Issue: PSN User cannot stay logged on for more than a few minutes after loging on to PS3.

Reason : General Connection Error

Most Likely Culprit: Firewall

Part 1 - (On PS3)

§          Firstly, you will need to assign your PS3 a static internal IP address. Normally whenever a device connects to your router it will be assigned a different internal IP address. These are normally 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3, 192.168.1.4 and so on. Assigning a static one will ensure that your PS3 will get the same one every time it connects.

§          Go to the “Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings” option on the PS3 XMB. Choose whether you are using wireless or wired.

§          Both selections should show a page called “Address Settings”. Here you will need to select “Custom”. Another page will then display entitled “IP Address Setting”. The option “Manual” will need to be selected.

§          This will display a page where customizable IP Addresses are available to be entered.

§          IP Address - This will need to have the Static IP address in it. Use 192.168.1.80, simply because it is unlikely that 80 other devices will be connected at the same time.

§          Subnet Mask - always set to 255.255.255.0

§          Default Router - Is the internal IP Address of your router. 

1.    To get the exact ip of your router you should go to

2.    Start

3.    Run

4.    cmd [Hit Enter]

5.    Type in ipconfig and hit enter, this should come up with all the ip addresses to do with your computer and the network. The address you will need to enter in this option is listed as “Default Gateway”.

§          Primary DNS - Same IP Address as “Default Router”

§          Secondary DNS - Same IP Address as “Default Router”

§          Proxy - When you get to the proxy screen, select “Do not use Proxy”

§          MTU - Automatic

§          UPnP - Enabled

Part 2 - (On PC)

§          In your Internet Browser, type the address of your default gateway, this will take you to your Router Configuration Page. Look for any mention of DMZ

§          When you have found this, it will ask you for the Static IP of the DMZ host. This is simply the Internal IP that you assigned your PS3. Use 192.168.1.x (Whatever you picked for PS3)

§          Finally, turn off your Router, PC and PS3 for a few minutes to ensure that the new settings are loaded. Then your ready to go!

Other Possible Culprits/Solution

1. Weak Connection signal - If wireless, try going wired.

2. Firewall - A firewall within the router may be blocking a connection to the PS3 or is intermitantly kicking the PS3 offline. To alleviate this issue, open ports 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 in your firewall software. However, you can also turn off the firewall feature through the router's control panel.

3. ISP - Internet service providers block certain ports that should be accessed by the PS3, especially while trying to connect to servers out of state.

Call ISP and ask them to open TCP Ports 80, 443, 5223, and 10070-10080 & UDP Ports 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

4. Router Brand - Some router brands such as Linksys and Netgear are known to cause these issues. It's not all models, but only an isolated few. Call the router manufaturer for tecdh support to assist in setting up a static, dedicated IP for your PS3 connection.

5. Power Issues - If the PS3 is not recieving enough power, the internet connection is the first thing compromised. IF there are a lot of peripherals attached to a single socket, via a power or surge strip, the PS3 may bot be recieving the power it needs, thus causing the problem.

6. Computer Users - If there is a computer on in the house and a person is using it, the security software or even in some cases, the security features of the web browser may kick the PS3 off the network. Try shutting down all computers in the house and try again.

7. Bandwidth - Just like the issue with multiple connection, perhaps the signal coming into your home is weak. Call the ISP and quesiton them regarding your signal strength.

8. PS3 Location – Make sure your PS3 is not sitting directly next to your TV or any other electronic device. Often times, the magnets in the other devices will cause an interrupted signal. To fix this, either move the PS3 away from the TV and other devices or move the other devices away from the PS3.

9. Media Server Settings – Turn off the media server settings under the setting for XMB. The media server is consistently searching for another server to connect to. This causes disruption of bandwidth and the connection.

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 4:37pm
Wow, thanks Pinnacle. I have that problem from time to time. I'll have to make these changes someday when I'm not busy playing UT3. LOL.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 6:28pm
The hard disk's database will be rebuilt
I'm told this is because the table that refers to where your data (messages etc) is stored has been corrupted whilst being updated or the sector on the disk is damaged hence all messages sent/received are lost. And sometimes your friends list is inaccessible.
SOLUTION: SHORT TERM click OK and all will be fine. If the PS3 freezes then you will get the same message again and you know what to do. LONG TERM Replace your hard disk drive, reformat your hard drive (need to back it up first). If anyone knows of a known fix i'd be grateful cos this is the predicament that i'm in atm.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

The hard disk's database will be rebuilt
I'm told this is because the table that refers to where your data (messages etc) is stored has been corrupted whilst being updated or the sector on the disk is damaged hence all messages sent/received are lost. And sometimes your friends list is inaccessible.
SOLUTION: SHORT TERM click OK and all will be fine. If the PS3 freezes then you will get the same message again and you know what to do. LONG TERM Replace your hard disk drive, reformat your hard drive (need to back it up first). If anyone knows of a known fix i'd be grateful cos this is the predicament that i'm in atm.

Is your PS3 under warranty? Also I will call Sony on this one and research a bit. Give me a day or two to sort through this issue.
XTERMNATR View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
It's MY Darkwalker!

Post Options Post Options   Quote XTERMNATR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 12:34am
im getting a dns error? my internet works but i cant sign in to the network?
any suggestions?
"people living DEEPLY have no fear of death"- anais nin
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 12:52am
Originally posted by XTERMNATR

im getting a dns error? my internet works but i cant sign in to the network?
any suggestions?

Please read the post above. The directions are to resolve DNS errors. However, please note that the latest firmware has issues with router firewall. Just try to turn the firewall off before you try anything.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 1:33am
i2ic0 had trouble connecting to PSN yesterday, said he resolved it by connecting through another port or something
XTERMNATR View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
It's MY Darkwalker!

Post Options Post Options   Quote XTERMNATR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 4:14am
ok im back in
it must have been the firewall
thnx 4 the help
"people living DEEPLY have no fear of death"- anais nin
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 11:32am
Thanks Pin I cant wait to try these tonight.

All this should be relevant with an  Apple AirPort router correct?
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

The hard disk's database will be rebuiltI'm told this is because the table that refers to where your data (messages etc) is stored has been corrupted whilst being updated or the sector on the disk is damaged hence all messages sent/received are lost. And sometimes your friends list is inaccessible.SOLUTION: SHORT TERM click OK and all will be fine. If the PS3 freezes then you will get the same message again and you know what to do. LONG TERM Replace your hard disk drive, reformat your hard drive (need to back it up first). If anyone knows of a known fix i'd be grateful cos this is the predicament that i'm in atm.

Is your PS3 under warranty? Also I will call Sony on this one and research a bit. Give me a day or two to sort through this issue.
Tnx Pin! youre a good egg. I'm afraid i dont have an extended warrantee its over a year old now.
doom5day View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote doom5day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 3:45pm
My PS3 died 2day :(
R.I.P my PS3
ASHYTEBUBLExD View Drop Down
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 3:47pm
OMG :O :'(Poor hunt4ams :P
Ha! We've got guns!, No what you have are bullets and the hope that by time you've fired im not still standing because if I am, you'll be dead befor you've reloaded
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 7:26am
if u get an error code like 8008AD something like that turn off ur firewall 4 ur router IT WORKS
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 4:01pm
ok.   i tried to change my hard drive for a 60 gig to a 250.  and one side of the panel of the screws shreaded.  so people.  any suggestions to get them off?  or am i just screwed.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 4:03pm
thats very easy i just grabbed some pliers or anything that can grip the screws from the side and unscrewed them that way happened to mine also
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

thats very easy i just grabbed some pliers or anything that can grip the screws from the side and unscrewed them that way happened to mine also

great idea....didn't think of that....thanks rev.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 4:11pm
np same thing happened to me just grabbed pliers and took them out that way i keep them somewhat loose just incase i wanna switch again i can just take it out with my hand
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 4:54pm
worked perfectly. they do shread real easy.  i was shocked. now i just have to wait 2 damn hours for all my info to be restored.  worth the effort.
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

np same thing happened to me just grabbed pliers and took them out that way i keep them somewhat loose just incase i wanna switch again i can just take it out with my hand

what do you know, rev can actually be useful.  :P
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Ether404

worked perfectly. they do shread real easy.  i was shocked. now i just have to wait 2 damn hours for all my info to be restored.  worth the effort.
yeah i was hella pist when mine shredded i was like hmm...how can i grip this....PLIERS!!! lol worked like like incrementals mom her birthday night
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 5:44pm
ok.....now i have another problem.  UT3 will not play.  it will not progress to the main screen where you press START.  and that means what.  fan-freaking-tastic
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 5:46pm
it should have nothing to do with ur new hdd as long as its a 2.5 inch sata its fine ummm my guess something corrupt in the HDD if it is anything durin recovery
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>