| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PS3 Weapon/Other Mutators List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3pure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PS3 Weapon/Other Mutators List
    Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 2:29pm
ut3pure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3pure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 9:31pm
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 2:04pm
Seeing how I've messed around and tested just about every weapon mod here, I'm going to do some reviews on my favorites or ones I've used enough.  First thing's first.. let's review one of the mods posted in the download section.  Epic descriptions are in Ut3pure's posts

Ballistic Weapons (download section or here)

I love the guns in this set.  I'm going to have to test this more in the future, but I liked owning bots with knife and katana.  Rampage!  That minigun-like weapon that sometimes respawns in the Redeemers spot is as cheap as hell though and some of the machine guns kill people ridiculously fast though.  Btw.. the Thor Lightning is more annoying than an actual threat imo.  From my personal experience thus far, I'd give it a 4 out 5.

Personal Shock: http://www.mediafire.com/file/myxcoggnxqt/USERDATA.JAM

Besides, the Tactical Nuke and possibly to a much lesser extent, the Turret Gun this one of the cheapest mods I've ever seen.  It's overpowered as hell.  Basically, you're holding the Paladin's primary in your hands.  It can kill people pretty fast, but has kind of a slow rate of fire to balance it a bit.  I need to test this more in the future, because my hands-on time with this mod was months ago, so my memory is blurry.  Meh.. 2 out of 5..

Relic Madness: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5qzdfni1qid/USERDATA.JAM

These are as fun as hell.  I'd give this four stars if it was posted in the download section, which it probably is, making me look like an idiot.  One problem I found with these is that certain combinations of Relics and other mods will crash the game.  Vengeance is one relic you might want to reconsider using.  The Titan-like deaths for anyone that has it was kind of cool, though did get annoying at times, but it was the most prone relic to causing crashes when mixed with other mods.  Most of my Relic + other mod-based crashes happened when Vengeance was enabled.  Also, permanent jump boots relic ftw! (It jumps just like Jump Boots just so you know, so it's basically permanent Jump Boots.)  4 out of 5?

TurretGun: http://www.mediafire.com/file/momaujmzlum/USERDATA.JAM

This gun wasn't really that cheap, but it was prone to getting easy headshots against the bots.  The firing animation is also annoying as hell and f***ed up, but this thing is so cool.  From my handful of matches with it, it's pretty easy to get headshots on bots or at least easier than a normal sniper, as this fires just as fast, if not faster than the Sniper with Berserk, as it fires just like a turret.. hence the name.    Sure, that might not sound as easy much against players, but the fact I was getting them so easy means that getting headshots with this gun are surely twice as easy, even if the damage is nerfed a bit.   It's like a super speedy version of the Sniper.  Well, this is basically a hybrid of the Sniper and the Turrets, so yah.  I guess it might seem kind of gay to others.  I kind of didn't like this one.  2 out of 5.

Anyhow, I'm going to put the other two in my next post and I'll consider reviewing others.  I don't know about maps though.  Non-map/ mode mods seem easier for me to review.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 2:11pm
Hopefully, other mod users catch on to this trend and possibly even post a video review or two.  I have my doubts about advertising and reviewing mods, but I can't think of any other way to get the word out more, so we can see more mod matches, even in pubs.  Anyways, round 2's post will be a bit shorter, as I'm only reviewing two mods here.

G.R.A.B: Epic Desc
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mkw3wwnijgw/USERDATA.JAM

From the moment I downloaded this weapon, I had ideas of what I was going to do with it and for the most part, it doesn't disappoint.  Even though it wasn't as easy as I thought to pull people to their death's as I thought and it counts as a suicide and not a kill for you, I still like this gun.  Imagine this.. grabbing the flag in Suspense, jump booting up, grappling the roof of the respawn house, the proceeding to zoom through the level like Spiderman or Tarzan.  That's basically what you can do.

Yeah, it's kind of cheap in anything, but normal DM or TDM.  Even with people, I can see taking nodes with a G.R.A.P. as pretty easy and finding a spot on a ceiling or wall to camp is easy as well.  That's most of the downsides.  The gun rarely mis-fires for me, so unless I miss my mark (since I'm no pro gamer) I'm usually swinging like Spiderman with this.  Also, I've learned the hard way that in Suspense and maps with high levels, get the jump-boots, armor, and health (if they're there) because like the more recent Spiderman games, one missed grapple at 100 health generally ='s kersplat. (Well, at least from say.. the top of Suspense to the bridge with 100 health or less.)

Theoretically, if you're not stupid like I am sometimes, you could just save your arse and grapple the ground, as it slows down the momentum of the fall to the point where you won't die or most likely go uninjured.  Oh, and the secondary is a damaging (to players and vehicles alike) EMP.  Btw.. you can attach to most vehicles, but there's a good chance you'll fall or detach from Raptors, Mantas, and other fairly fast vehicles.  The only way I've seen the grapple gun maintaining it's hold on a Raptor was when I was playing with two controllers.  I used one to attach to the top of the Raptor and had controller two drive it.  The animation that resulted was kind of funny btw..  Basically, the player with the grapple gun was "moon-walking" on top of the Raptor.

Edit: 5 out of 5.  It's really fun to mess around with.  Besides the Relics and the Tactical nuke, this is the mod I mess around with the most.

Tactical Nuke: File Desc
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zmjrwmymtyz/USERDATA.JAM

This **** is as cheap as hell, but fun.  One shot will destroy a tank, basically any vehicle except the levi (haven't tested it yet) a node, and a core.  Yes, a core.. even an indirect hit will destroy a vulnerable core, as long as no walls are in the way.  My main problems with this, besides it level of cheapness is that there's a good chance it might fail even damaging it's target.  Sometimes, if you fire this at a tank or a group of players, no one will even take damage and will only be knocked down, if that.  I found that suicides with this are much easier than kills, especially considering how the nuke flies across the maps.  I'm bolding flies because that's how fast it is.  Maybe, I should say zips, warps, or something that relates to speed.  The longest I've seen this weapon in play is on Suspense, from one side of the bridge to the other.  (7 seconds)  Oh, and if you stand at the halfway point of Suspense when firing this, you will suicide.  That's how big the blast radius is, at least for suicides.

Edit: 4 out 5..  There is just a little too much cheapness with this one.  The Grapple gun allows you to fly through levels with flags, orbs, and skulls, but it doesn't instantly KO cores, a vehicle, or even other players.

Fun Fact: If you think Titans on CTF is bad, you've seen nothing.  Titans + this mod + Morbius = a fairly constant explosion-a-thon.  I should know.  I tested that.

Fun Unrelated mod fact: Bio Tanks (in Snarf's vehicle pack) can also kill nodes in one shot, but it takes two primarys for a core.  Yeah, it's a pretty cheap vehicle for Warfare.
ut3pure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3pure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:59pm
2 small Weapons.  Way over powered.  Arena type mutators are also included. Small download size.

HammerWeapons V3: Epic Desc                         NEW                                  
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zdm4ujxyyoh/USERDATA.JAM
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:24am
As cheap as hell, but fun.  I'd love to have some matches with these.  I got a Combo King with the one that shoots Paladin-type combos, but that was against bots.  I don't know which one's cheaper.  The one that shoots Goliath shots isn't as easy to control, more likely to kill you to, but makes up for it in quicker fire up time and huge blast radius, while the other gives you more control, slightly smaller blast radius, but much longer (about two and half times longer, if not three) fire up time.

By more control, I mean you get more control over when you shoot it.  All you have to do with the Paladin-like one is fire it up with alt fire (by pressing it once), then use primary to shoot.  You don't have to re-fire it either.  It just keeps going.  The other one is pretty much charge up and shoot.  Once it's full charge, it fires, whether you like it or not.  I learned this the hard way, when trying to shoot a bot around the corner.  I fired it up, thinking that it was like the other one, then it basically autofired just before I rounded the corner and blew me up.
ut3pure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3pure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 9:11am
Right after I cooked it the author released a newer version. With 1 new weapon.

HammerWeapons V3: Epic Desc                         NEW                                  
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zdm4ujxyyoh/USERDATA.JAM
ut3pure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3pure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 7:42pm
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 3:22am

Sorry if this is wrong thread to ask about this but you might know the answer:

Is there already a mode for ps3 for unlimited jumps(amount more than 3)?
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 7:48am
download the TVG mutator pack and turn on ... and quadjump or something, then when you stand in a place high enough, keep spamming jumpbutton, after the 3 jumpboots are done keep jumping, and it'll glitch to give you like 500-600
ut3pure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3pure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 12:32pm
ut3pure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3pure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 12:48pm
ActionCam: Epic Desc (4 diff Camera Angles, works on PS3 2.0)
http://www.mediafire.com/?for3axx4k8jfz
ut3pure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3pure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 10:20am
AlwaysbeHero:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jeeyhtuminp0pyw

Mutator i created myself enabling players/bots to instantly or half the time become Heroes (Titans).  2 mutators are included.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12