Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

whats wrong with my ps3????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DeMoN_PINK_AnGeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats wrong with my ps3????
    Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 2:33pm
It seems that I'm having a hard time to sign in all the time and it takes a long time to be able to sign in. And once I do get signed in, I noticed that my friends are all offline which is weird cause I have another account with some of the same friends and they are online. Most of my friends doesn't say their status (whens the last time they were online), their comment, and even their avatar.

Basically I have all my friends in alphabetically in order with an x next to their name saying that they are not online.

Also I can't get messages from my friends. I can send them messages, but I can't get any. i have fiber optic internet so i know that i have a good connection and i can sign into my other account just fine.. i also posted this on play station home, but i wanted to see if anyone on here as experienced any problems like this. thanks 
~*PINK*~
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 7:14pm
FiOS!  I am so jealous.  haha. 
Since you've got an account that works well, router interference is practically ruled out. 

I'd say the problem is on the Sony server side.
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:20am
About friends being offline... remove your comment. I've seen dozens of people with this problem and removing the comment has worked for all of them. :)

I also had problems signing in and when I finally signed in, avatars not showing etc etc but changed my DNS settings (under network) to the following:

DNS 1 - 208.67.222.222
DNS 2 - 208.67.220.220

Never had a problem since in over a month, good luck!
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:39am
Originally posted by DeMoN_PINK_AnGeL

It seems that I'm having a hard time to sign in all the time and it takes a long time to be able to sign in. And once I do get signed in, I noticed that my friends are all offline which is weird cause I have another account with some of the same friends and they are online. Most of my friends doesn't say their status (whens the last time they were online), their comment, and even their avatar.

Basically I have all my friends in alphabetically in order with an x next to their name saying that they are not online.

Also I can't get messages from my friends. I can send them messages, but I can't get any. i have fiber optic internet so i know that i have a good connection and i can sign into my other account just fine.. i also posted this on play station home, but i wanted to see if anyone on here as experienced any problems like this. thanks 

A few things may be issues:

1. Check to make sure your HD has enough space on it. If you have a lot of games, movies, pics, music, etc. Try deleting some and see if it gets better.

2. If you have over 50 friends on your list, sometimes it takes forever to load the friends list. Try trimming the fat by deleting some friends from the list. This may clear the clutter.

3. PSN Updates - They have been updating PSN and some PSN IDs are affected and others aren't so it may be a temporary issue.

4. If you have a lot fo PSN IDs, it may also lead to the clutter issues. Try deleting/removing accounts you don't use.

5. Inbox/Outbox Full? - Although the inbox/outbox will never go full until your PS3's HD is full, it takes forever to load the message list. Try deleting all the messages in both boxes. You can protect the ones you want to keep and delete the rest. It may take a few mininutes to delete if you have a lot fo messages. This is also another clutter issue.

6. Router issues - Are you having a hard time signing on in general? If so, go to the Trouble Shooting section in General Chat and check out the long post about connection errors. Although you can connect, the same issues may result.

Provide some more detail and we'll help you out.
doom5day View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote doom5day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 12:58pm
:( my ps3 shows a green light 1st then a yellow and finally a red light.. I think dat's YLOD or something
and my game is stuck in it.. how do I get it out????

PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Originally posted by DeMoN_PINK_AnGeL

A few things may be issues:

1. Check to make sure your HD has enough space on it. If you have a lot of games, movies, pics, music, etc. Try deleting some and see if it gets better.

2. If you have over 50 friends on your list, sometimes it takes forever to load the friends list. Try trimming the fat by deleting some friends from the list. This may clear the clutter.

3. PSN Updates - They have been updating PSN and some PSN IDs are affected and others aren't so it may be a temporary issue.

4. If you have a lot fo PSN IDs, it may also lead to the clutter issues. Try deleting/removing accounts you don't use.

5. Inbox/Outbox Full? - Although the inbox/outbox will never go full until your PS3's HD is full, it takes forever to load the message list. Try deleting all the messages in both boxes. You can protect the ones you want to keep and delete the rest. It may take a few mininutes to delete if you have a lot fo messages. This is also another clutter issue.

6. Router issues - Are you having a hard time signing on in general? If so, go to the Trouble Shooting section in General Chat and check out the long post about connection errors. Although you can connect, the same issues may result.

Provide some more detail and we'll help you out.

sometimes people forget that you can't take up all the remaining space on a drive.  as with a computer a very small portion of HD space is used for Virtual ram and sub processing.  if you fill up ur drive ur system may crawl to the point of unusability.  the cleaner the system the better it will be

also, is there a browser cache pin?  i bet if there is it's probably full
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 1:51pm
There is browser cache and you can just go to tools in the browsder and clear history/cache.
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 2:10pm
perhaps overcrowded bookmarks section doesn't help either I imagine
DeMoN_PINK_AnGeL View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote DeMoN_PINK_AnGeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 4:07pm
thanks for all the advice and tips. For some reason today after 4 days it started working again  except for now i created another one...LOL soooooooo now idk which one to get rid of..i may just keep one for a back up just in case...HAHA anyhoo thanks again
~*PINK*~
secret View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote secret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 8:30am
What is this?
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 4:25am
Originally posted by secret

What is this?
A website.  What are you?
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
 Post Reply Post Reply