| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Clan Base > Team PcX General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PcX Practice & Training

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Team PcX
Team PcX

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PcX Practice & Training
    Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 10:00am
What would you guys say to getting the team together for some practice, training and teamwork building sessions?

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, and wether you're gifted with talent or experience, or both, it's good to share Big smile

Any stuff that you're good at and willing to teach your team mates... post it here.

Any stuff that you could use help with... post it here (that'll probably just be me Tongue).

Spread the love guys Big smileClapHug
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:24pm
i could use help with sandstorm jumps, but other than that i can teach how to die by help_qcp when you have 1752 ping lol. i can teach flag runs, flag defense, how to use IH, how to massacre in shangri-la
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 4:29pm
The only thing I'm half decent at and could possibly be as good at if not better than you at (and I might be clutching at straws here when I say this) is instagib.  But even then my experience is mainly on the clanwars server which uses instagib + super berserk.  I'm branching out into ictf now and really enjoy playing it Big smile

Hmm... jump boots.  Yeah I need help with jump boots.  Been trying to suss out the sandstorm map myself but I tend to make a mistake and where you need 3 jumps to get away with the flag I'm left with 2 so have to go hide until the boots are spawned again lol and I wont survive long enough if I'm against any decent players... only managing against average plyers, noobs and bots so far.  That's a defo learn though - Jump boot manuvres.  There are some good action-cam vids of that map on youtube that might help you out with that one.  There's 4 in this vid (not action cam) dunno if it helps.

IH jump in sandstorm in this vid.

IH technique I saw on the AK-47 thread... that's a defo for learning too.

I reckon we just need to play more together, we'll pick up stuff from eachother that way too.

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 5:38pm
im gonna try #4 in the vid, and that is soooo NOT my song lol
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:53pm
I'm gona be boot dodging / hammer jumping tonight.  I've got my pal smokin-fists popping on to do doubles in sandstorm so if you fancy it we could do triples (dunno about the godlikes in this one tho, maybe just masterful or inhuman)

PcX_RAV3NZSHADOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_RAV3NZSHADOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 2:54am
LETS START PRACTING ;) ONCE MY JOB GOES BACK TO NORMAL ;) TURNS OUT THE GUY THAT TOOK THE MONEY NEEDED TO PAY HIS PARKING TICKETS
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 4:53am
So he admitted it?  And you're off the hook? Smile Told you it'd work out OK.

Not just team practice... training sessions too.  maybe we could put corrupted on the other team and get him to steal our flag and we can use him as target practice LOL

Oh and that reminds me... Raven and Corrupted you both need to accept your team invited in the iAM Competitive site.  Once you do we'll have a team of 4 players (ones that aren't playing for other teams I mean) and can take part in the team ladders.

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 12:48pm
how do you do the team invite thing? No comprendas. Si hablo Espanol. Yo hablo Espanol un poco. (i speak very little spanish.) im on from 5-10:30 p.m. central U.S. time. i'll practice with yall today, when you guys on?? just for that comment im gonna kick all your (serching for not a bad word.........) necks. lol you guys can also watch my flag runs then to. Me vs rav3n, fists, and cloudy sounds fair to me
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 1:05pm
let me know when dudes, I'll do my best to be there.  what kind of practice are we talkin?  VCTF?  TDM?  Greed?  what will it be gents and dame?

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 1:20pm
if rikans on, i get him on my team. hope your a good defender rikan.  2 vs 3, give or take
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by PcX_CoRRuPTeD1

if rikans on, i get him on my team. hope your a good defender rikan.  2 vs 3, give or take

depends what mode and what map.  I do ok here and there.. can be quite the pest at times lol

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 5:47pm
i think it was gonna be vctf tonight, i'll defend at kargoWink
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 10:40pm

lol I'm like having minus half a player.  Yeah was gona be vctf tonight.  I been playing quite a lot of ictf recently and even had a go at igreed... now that was fun LOL

Um guys I doubt if fists will be on... I've been trying to get hold of him all night and my damn phone won't send messages to him (and only him).  His PSN is Smokin-Fists if you guys wana add him I'm sure he won't mind.

Furthermore I doubt I'll be on either unless there is a minor miracle Cry I'm currently stuck at work watching some randomer laying new floor tiles and I have to stay until he's done.  For the record it's now 3.40 am here Cry so what would that be in central time? 7.30 pm??  I might get back and on before 10.30 pm central time so start prayin' for a miracle.

Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 10:44pm

how do you do the team invite thing? No comprendas.

I sent you both invites but i haven't a clue where to look for them... probably in your account manager whatsit *shrugs* 

Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:49am
Ok so no one was around when I finally did get on but I'm off work tomorrow so (theoretically) I should be free most of the night.

You guys call the time that's best for you and I'll work around it.  BTW how many hours behind UK time are you?

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Cloudy_Serendipity

how do you do the team invite thing? No comprendas.

I sent you both invites but i haven't a clue where to look for them... probably in your account manager whatsit *shrugs* 
yeah, i found it sept it says PcX_xX_CoRRuPTeD1_Xx lol. well everyone will know that its meSmilefrom central to England thats 6 hrs so i think you can solve from there. you know to make teams fairer i'll take rav3n and you and fists can have portorikan if hes on(this is to make it fairer but that might not even work with meWink)
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 12:34pm
I thought it was 6 hours from UK to eastern time, and 7-8 hours from UK to central time Confused  OK I found a nice map that'll help me tell what time you guys are running.  UTC apparently is GMT Confused so that's what time I'm on + 1 hour because of British Summer Time.

Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 12:36pm
Oh, and how about we play as a team?  We got to get used to playing together so may as well start now and that means I don't have to die like 50 times trying to take a flag from you Wink

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 1:04pm
or when we're both on we can tell each other the timeSmileahhhhh(depressed) play as a team, i wanted to own you guys lolWink
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 1:55pm
in my experience.. NY to UK is 5 hours ahead (or behind from UK perspective).

also, i've noticed when teams get together to practice it normally turns to just team gaming against itself.  it's nice but not very helpful in terms of learning to beat other teams.  the best thing imo is to come to the practice with a set agenda in mind (i.e what do you want to master when playing the best team out there) and while one team tries to get it learned down packed the other team is trying to keep them from doing it etc.  

example, let's say you want to learn to flag run on sandstorm with fury.. get a fury pick up team together in Pcx and have the other team (whether they also be pcx or other's you've asked to help you practice) keep you from doing it.  that's the way you'll learn over and over again what to do and what not to do in real time under real circumstances.

this is what will truly help you but it's ur call however u want to go.  give me a time when you want to make it happen and I will participate in any way you need me to.

Laterz

David
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 3:54pm
Sounds like a fair plan... I'm not the best person to call practice as I'm a noob when it comes to clan play.  I know what stuff I need to improve on and can do a lot of that in my own time but what I can't learn on my own is how to work best with you guys... maybe that should come after I've got my own shizzle sorted out idk.

Fists said he will be on 1am UK time so that'd be about 7pm central time i guess.  I'll be on a couple of hours before that until 4am or 10pm central time so I'm good for a decent session.  What ever you guys feel is needed.

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Potorikan

in my experience.. NY to UK is 5 hours ahead (or behind from UK perspective).

also, i've noticed when teams get together to practice it normally turns to just team gaming against itself.  it's nice but not very helpful in terms of learning to beat other teams.  the best thing imo is to come to the practice with a set agenda in mind (i.e what do you want to master when playing the best team out there) and while one team tries to get it learned down packed the other team is trying to keep them from doing it etc.  

example, let's say you want to learn to flag run on sandstorm with fury.. get a fury pick up team together in Pcx and have the other team (whether they also be pcx or other's you've asked to help you practice) keep you from doing it.  that's the way you'll learn over and over again what to do and what not to do in real time under real circumstances.

this is what will truly help you but it's ur call however u want to go.  give me a time when you want to make it happen and I will participate in any way you need me to.

Laterz

David
yeah, in my 4 months of experience(after i left this game for a while but came backSmile) i seen tons of people do this and a diversion tactic to get the notice of the vehicles so the flag carrier can get around them. i volunteer for a suicicide run to get peoples attention while one of you get their flagLOL
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:09pm
It's usually me on the suicide missions... not by choice just because I get killed a lot lol

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:19pm

It's usually me on the suicide missions... not by choice just because I get killed a lot lol
thats cause u dont do it like me, gettin a freakin massacre tryin to guard the flag carrier
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:37pm

thats cause u dont do it like me, gettin a freakin massacre tryin to guard the flag carrier

Yeah but I'm not as good as you and I'm still trying to learn stuff.  Cloudy ≠ Corrupted1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>