FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Power-ups in a Duel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power-ups in a Duel
    Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 6:57pm
ok i played a duel a long time ago against this guy and some one esle was waiting to play and as soon as i pick up the udamge the guy waiting to play tells me that i'm cheating and left. but to me if you run around grabbing shield belt and armor and health viels your cheating too, because you just altered your health to survive one my rocket so whats wrong with me grabing u damage to even the score.

so i just wanted to see what ya'll thought were about the situation and are all power-up fair game in a duel.
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:02pm
Ok, picking up DD in duels is highly unethical. Shield belt is the bread and butter but amp is not.
name_is_clantag
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:05pm
darkwalker isn't highly recommended either.
FoXy View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
His Wifeh

Post Options Post Options   Quote FoXy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:06pm
lmfao what f***in idiot would use the DW in a duel
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:12pm
Double damge is like the same as a dark walker.

Think about it
Belt = 100 shielding
Rocket / Flak = 100+ Dmg
AMP + Flak/Rocks = 200+

One lucky shot would send players into a respawn frenzy. Another reason why DD is HIGHLY unethical because one shot kill weapons that cause instant death is usually discouraged for competitive play.
name_is_clantag
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:12pm
Some guy ranked top 100 duel 360 version only did heatray darkwalker on host.
Best part was that I beat him even though he was in the walker.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:13pm
ok for the millionth time this has been brought up shield belt only 100 armor YOUR f***IN FAULT FOR NTO GETTING IT STOP b****ING second udamage can do over 1000 damage if used correct tri rockets multiple shots of the sniper minigun whoring anything will kill the other person its not cheating cause you cant cheat unless you leave the map that would be glitching but its been a rule for dueling for ages its not going to change for some newb...if ur able to hit someone with multiple rockets sniper shots and mini why the hell r u using the udamage those weapons take off shield belt IMMEDIATELY think about it... person grabs the shield belt they not have 100 health 100 armor you have 100 health 50 armor you hit them once with the sniper they have 100 health 30 armor..guess who has more armor now YOU DO
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:15pm
I only use the Damage amp in duels if I am lucky enough to get the redeemer as well.. otherwise its really not worth using.
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:15pm
zellot, i understand some ppl get upset about the shield belt, but just understand the way to go isnt the u damage.

first off, you instantly throw yourself into the super noob category, and you dont belong there

secondly, its a matter of respect, if he can easily grab the shield belt, dont you think he could get the U-damage aswell? hes upset at you for getting it because hes specificly not picking it up as a mutual thing, any time a player is showing you trust you should give it back unwritten rules are the first rules to follow in my book.

and lastly, the U-damage last 30 seconds, doubles the damage, if you go on a serious run and get some good spawns or know the map well enough you could deliver ALOT more damage then any sheild belt protection offered.

anyhow just dont do it man
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by RemY

Double damge is like the same as a dark walker.

Think about it
Belt = 100 shielding
Rocket / Flak = 100+ Dmg
AMP + Flak/Rocks = 200+

One lucky shot would send players into a respawn frenzy. Another reason why DD is HIGHLY unethical because one shot kill weapons that cause instant death is usually discouraged for competitive play.

1 primary flak is already 180 damage, so you can do 360 in 1 shot, that's quite a lot.
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:18pm
after the tri qm thing, this forum seems more busy
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:19pm
its so stupid this thread was made..look at this http://iamgaming.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1931&title=duel-match OH NO!!!!!
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by ninefive

zellot, i understand some ppl get upset about the shield belt, but just understand the way to go isnt the u damage.

first off, you instantly throw yourself into the super noob category, and you dont belong there

secondly, its a matter of respect, if he can easily grab the shield belt, dont you think he could get the U-damage aswell? hes upset at you for getting it because hes specificly not picking it up as a mutual thing, any time a player is showing you trust you should give it back unwritten rules are the first rules to follow in my book.

and lastly, the U-damage last 30 seconds, doubles the damage, if you go on a serious run and get some good spawns or know the map well enough you could deliver ALOT more damage then any sheild belt protection offered.

Good thing you mention respect. For over 10 years, UT and Quake duelers can be sort of united because dueling is 1 v 1 game. You learn about your oppenent. About his aim, about his movement, and about his knowledge. Creates a bond and throughout me dueling experience, I have never seen top tier players disrespect one another.
name_is_clantag
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:23pm
I saw duel on Resistance: Fall of Man.
Made me lol.

Everyone was that chimeran race which moves faster and does more damage, and the guy who came in 2nd only got that far because he whored 40mm grenades, instant kill weapons.
No map control made him able to camp out that spot and use cheap weapons and get that far, and this tournament was for money too.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by ninefive

Good thing you mention respect. For over 10 years, UT and Quake duelers can be sort of united because dueling is 1 v 1 game. You learn about your oppenent. About his aim, about his movement, and about his knowledge. Creates a bond and throughout me dueling experience, I have never seen top tier players disrespect one another.
the only problem with that is the fact that top players in ut3 are based on opinion only because most of the community is a fail ...i meant to say fails to see skill when its slappin them in the face since they all play vehicle modes or if they stick to 1 mode  they will fail to see the true top players
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:38pm
ok so here a question if you're dueling why not just make it a regular duel and not grab the shield belts or armor. cause that's not a duel, a duel should be skill vs skill, not skill vs skill + shield belt.

for example. one time i was going against crow and shot a big bio ooze on him and it didn't kill him cause he had the shield belt and to quote him" oh you would of killed me but i had like 199, you were close though"

RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:46pm
As i mentioned before on other threads. The shieldbelt promotes a motive for players to move around the map. And as your example is a true test of skill. Rev is higher skilled and more knowledgeable thus, he is TOTALLY FN STACKED WITH 199 HP and +150 ARMOR.

He got to the weapons and armors before you did. It's your fault you let him do that. You allowed him to acquire the belt, vials, vest, thigh pads, helmet, health bubbles, etc. You have nothing to blame except yourself. Learn from your mistakes. Like I said before, dueling is an honor. You learn about your opponent if you know what you are suppose to look for. Once you found it, you will be able to surpass Crow's skill and other players.
name_is_clantag
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:50pm
Also, you should be asking yourslef, "Damn. How did he get f***ing stacked like that? How can I prevent him to get the belt? How can I distract him so I can get the belt myself? What did he do right? What did I do wrong? How did he kill me? How did I react when I was fighting him? How did he react when I was fighting?"

Those are the questions you should be asking yourself if you truly want to be a top dueler...
name_is_clantag
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:53pm

damn remy you make me wanna duel you again dont know why hahah was a good game on heatray

Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:55pm
ok let me say this i not saying nothing about someone grabing the shield belt first i know if you didn't get it first you fresh out of luck, i don't care about that. i just saying and the reason why i made this thread, is to ask  if one thing is ok to grab the other should be to since it's there

secondly, i think if your grabing things to help you survive an attack apperently your scared your skills aren't that good to dodge a rocket or any other projectile. so like i said dueling should be skill vs skill not skill vs skill + shield belt. and i don't think back in the days of george washingtion when they really had duels that one guy showed up in regular clothes and the other showed up in armor
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 7:59pm

As i mentioned before on other threads. The shieldbelt promotes a motive for players to move around the map. And as your example is a true test of skill. Rev is higher skilled and more knowledgeable thus, he is TOTALLY FN STACKED WITH 199 HP and +150 ARMOR.

He got to the weapons and armors before you did. It's your fault you let him do that. You allowed him to acquire the belt, vials, vest, thigh pads, helmet, health bubbles, etc. You have nothing to blame except yourself. Learn from your mistakes. Like I said before, dueling is an honor. You learn about your opponent if you know what you are suppose to look for. Once you found it, you will be able to surpass Crow's skill and other players.
name_is_clantag
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:01pm
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

damn remy you make me wanna duel you again dont know why hahah was a good game on heatray

Lol get ur ps3 fixed and we can duel it up. But yea, i dont want to sound a nerd and all, but people need to understand dueling is so much deeper than the typical just run n gun. Once people realize the depths this mode has to offer, you will notice things that you have never noticed before.
name_is_clantag
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:08pm
ok lets put it like this ...go play warfare without vehicles and b**** at everyone whos using them..its there...it gives them the advantage its ur fault for not using it... same concept but when something was agreed on to NOT use its best to not use it for respect as been said how much skill does it take for me to kill u with a redeemer ..very little...actually..none... you cant survive it unless u hide im not gunna say udamage is equivalent to redeemer but the udamage can dish out beyond enough damage let me use an example

some guy called me a fag when i was dueling him cause my view was different then his to me it showed his rocket hit the ground when it hit me i died after that (keep in mind this was deck) within about 1 min  i got 8 spawn kills on him back to back none stop its thats easy to spawn kill someone... now lets put udamage+ ontop of that spawn killing....rediculous the match would of been over with in 20 seconds its so easy to spawn kill someone if u know the maps good enough so what if i die and u have the udamage doesnt that make you the bad guy for attackin me while i only have 100 health and enforcer?
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:10pm

Originally posted by ReverendCrow

Lol get ur ps3 fixed and we can duel it up. But yea, i dont want to sound a nerd and all, but people need to understand dueling is so much deeper than the typical just run n gun. Once people realize the depths this mode has to offer, you will notice things that you have never noticed before.
oh i know people play it as if its a DM run and gun isnt the way to go in a duel people say its all about killin... its all about strategy... if u aint got it u aint gunna win... i remember playin a duel and the guy had complete map control i map i f***ed up bad he could of dominated me but i played smarter then he did even though he had the map which caused me to win 3-2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>