Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Im Setting New Rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Team KmA
Team KmA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im Setting New Rules
    Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by BuMrUsH

Just dodge.

yibri yibri yibri, thats all folks!
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

rikan you used 2 words that should NEVER be used on this forum and you put them in the same sentence too...honorable and competitive.... never in ur life use those words again when ur talkin about ut3 for ps3

I'll say this.. if I agreed with you and applied that to all other sports or competition what do you think sports and gaming would turn into?  Apply it to everything from the Olympics to Football to Ping Pong to thumb wrestling.  If all players play that way would you like it? honestly? 
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 5:10pm
Its good to see that some players still have a sense of honor. Even tho its a game, it is possible.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Potorikan

rikan you used 2 words that should NEVER be used on this forum and you put them in the same sentence too...honorable and competitive.... never in ur life use those words again when ur talkin about ut3 for ps3

I'll say this.. if I agreed with you and applied that to all other sports or competition what do you think sports and gaming would turn into?  Apply it to everything from the Olympics to Football to Ping Pong to thumb wrestling.  If all players play that way would you like it? honestly? 
no one said anything about applying it to other sports/games or anything else just ut3 for ps3 ur tryin to make things bigger then what i said  this game has so much potential but NEVER used attempted but NEVER properly used those two words are NOT applied in this game hence why i dont like it  but that brings up another point that its not the game its the people bunch of kool ppl for sure but as far as gaming skill goes hell no only a selected few
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 5:13pm
It's the same stuff over and over... people will always play how they want. I've found that if something frustrates me its because I'm having trouble overcoming it.

If you put in a copy of COD or any other FPS you wouldn't expect people to give you rules.

My only rule now is glitches are for b****es. Yeah pointless spawnkilling is a bit annoying but spawn killing like most things in the game have their place. A game should never be 8v4, but that isn't the other teams fault, its the pussies who dropped out on your own team.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Danjel8

It's the same stuff over and over... people will always play how they want. I've found that if something frustrates me its because I'm having trouble overcoming it.

If you put in a copy of COD or any other FPS you wouldn't expect people to give you rules.

My only rule now is glitches are for b****es. Yeah pointless spawnkilling is a bit annoying but spawn killing like most things in the game have their place. A game should never be 8v4, but that isn't the other teams fault, its the pussies who dropped out on your own team.
Well said...I've deleted ppl off psn for using glitches infront of me LoL.  Parking vehicles on flags or nodes is really lame & i'll be tha first to say something to tha ass clown doing it on my team.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 5:27pm

Originally posted by Potorikan

no one said anything about applying it to other sports/games or anything else just ut3 for ps3 ur tryin to make things bigger then what i said  this game has so much potential but NEVER used attempted but NEVER properly used those two words are NOT applied in this game hence why i dont like it  but that brings up another point that its not the game its the people bunch of kool ppl for sure but as far as gaming skill goes hell no only a selected few

agreed but I'm trying to get you to think beyond ur point.  the same way you would feel about it in other venues is the same way others might feel the same way here.  I don't see the dif between a FPS player on a console versus someone say.. on a little league team.  or a player on a pool table or a friendly chess game.  Would you play against someone that cheats when ur not looking?  would you play against someone u know has a friend as an umpire?  the list goes on and on.. it all goes back to playing honorably, cleanly, sportsmanlike.  I don't think the game, the place, or anything else matters.. it's how the player approaches the game and conducts him or herself during the game. 

If this sort of thing exists it's because we have poeple that allow it or don't condemn it enough online or off.  imagine if everyone in the world thought that way about other things?  If no one speaks out against the wrongs of the world, be it gaming or not, how do you ever expect to make things better?
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 5:46pm

close to 2 years and things r still going the way it is the way u put things is if ur gf or bf cheats on u u should let her/him keep doing it over and over and over again she/he will eventually stop....maybe....after someone (in this case a bunch of ppl) do something over and over and over again that you dislike because it does nothing for the community then why should some ppl keep going/playin the game its their decision to stop playin the game

edit: that goes for me and a bunch of ppl who quit and some ppl who still play have the same attitude they just dont wanna quit cause maybe it'll get better......maybe
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 5:51pm
it depends wat kind of spawn killing sometimes a person just spawned & tried 2 kill u. u gotta defend urswlf but if u doit purposely it kind of pointless
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 9:34pm
f**s will be f**s just learn how to deal with it. thats the only way bc they will never stop. just shows you whos classy and who isnt.

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 9:16am

Here’s the truth about the UT3 community… (sorry, it’s a bit long)

When I built this site out for the community, I had this crazy idea that I would transform the community into some tight knit unit, complete with a “Council of the Clans” and rules of “fair play”.  Biggest mistake of my online gaming life-

I lost my mind over this site and ended up giving it away instead of shutting it down because of ME, not because of the community.  I was working my ass off trying to make it something it wasn’t and it pissed me off when people wanted to play the game and organize themselves any way they saw fit.  What was I thinking?  Stupid move on my part-

The UT3 community is what it is.  No single person, clan or group is going to change it.  You have clans and individual players in the following categories:

• Good guys who follow their own set of rules, no matter how restrictive or loose
  • Decent players who follow routes and specific strategies
  • Awesome players who play a “Dynamic” game with no preset routes or strategy
  • Bad boys who get their kicks by sniping and team stacking
  • Complete morons who are hell bent on making others miserable
  • Great players who want to teach the masses and grow the community
  • People who cry like a baby when facing a stacked team, but say nothing when they fall on the stacked team side

The community isn’t going to change.  It will grow, it will shrink and over time; it will die off.  Simple as that.

I always hear and read comments about A-R (see more of the same above) and what you are likely to find on the A-R server.  The truth is, you will NEVER find an A-R member using glitches.  You will NEVER find an A-R member using KB/M or FragFX.  You WILL find a group of A-R members stacking on one team, but you will almost always find another A-R member or two on the other team as well.  We’re friends.  We like hanging out together and playing on the same team.  That’s ok.  Get better and smack us around.  We’re not going anywhere and actually enjoy it when someone like sk-iller, danjel8, helscream, phantaci, xkalibur or deadaim come into a game and beat the crap out of us.  That’s how WE get better.

So what’s the problem?  Here’s a group of players who enjoy each other’s company.  They play the game as designed and use a controller, just like you.  Playing a few games with or against any number of A-R members will improve your game if you quit whining and start watching what they are doing.  There are no secrets and we play no differently on the public servers than we do in a clan match.  Also, you can ask ANY A-R member for some one on one instruction and they are likely to help you.

There’s not a single member in A-R that I cannot hand their ass to in this game.  There’s also not a single member in A-R that cannot hand me my ass regularly.  Yet we don’t cry about it.  We get better or we get beat.

A special note about TotalEnvy.  That guy has the hardest personality to get along with in the game, but you know what?  He’s the first person to hop over to a losing team and he gives clear direction (sometimes rude and can be a complete assmonkey, but who gives a sh*t).  In Warfare, he's the first person I listen to when he's shouting instructions.  He’s in it for the long haul and understands that sharing knowledge means the game/community lasts longer.  I don’t like him personally (and I don’t have to in order to have fun - which is what it's all about), but I love his approach to the game.  He just wants to win and tries to build players he can win with.  That’s no different than most of A-R’s approach.

So, you can keep banging your head against the wall trying to change the community into something it will never be, or you can wise up and take it for what it is.  Adapt your play to meet the different kinds of players and groups you come across in the game and quit all the damn crying and whining.  Let's set aside all the things that don't matter and get back to playing the damn game, having clan matches (win or lose) and just enjoying ourselves already!

M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 9:23am
WOW! Well said!
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 9:33am
well said a bit long OBV i feel like im bak @ school reading books
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 10:02am
yay i gotta special note!!!

i love you to aqua =]

btw thats Cpt AssMonkey xDD

EnVy must be earned"
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 1:25pm
Part of that post brought back the memory of when it was Captain Assmonkey, me, and a bunch noobs/ newbs in Sinkhole against DoD, Arkos, and a few others.  I recall him yelling at them pretty much continuously because the noobs would generally forget to jump on the orb once it was down, so not long after they killed the orb carrier on the other team, it would be picked up once more and used (once again) to shield the node.  I think we took the node from them a few times, but in the end, we lost.

Also, I do got the admit that I've probably played/ switched to on my Heavenly bros' side at least several times, simply because of a similar reason.  I've also did it back when I was in RTO.  I guess you can't blame clan members for wanting to play on the same team as their other fellow clan members.  Of course, facing each other every now and then doesn't hurt either.  There's been many occasions were another fellow Heavenly member and me (if not two other people) have faced off against a team two or three or I'm on the team opposite of them, but generally, if I'm on one team, there's generally another one with me when I'm facing the others.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 1:28pm
Aqua's post... probably the most realistic and well constructed post I have read on this site.

I gotta admit, at one stage the old team stacking stuff used to get to me (Not specifically A-R) but then I realised playing against strong players is the only way I was able to get to a level where I was comfortable with my skill. A-R are very strong, its just a huge shame that there isn't 200 people more playing this game and then I think the likes of iAM, tRi and A-R would have some serious competition.

Personally I love the thrill of a close 2-3 or 4-5 game, I camp, I flag run, I back up and sure enough I kill myself... but mostly I just like having fun and chasing the dragon for that next shot of adrenaline :)
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

Part of that post brought back the memory of when it was Captain Assmonkey, me, and a bunch noobs/ newbs in Sinkhole against DoD, Arkos, and a few others.  I recall him yelling at them pretty much continuously because the noobs would generally forget to jump on the orb once it was down, so not long after they killed the orb carrier on the other team, it would be picked up once more and used (once again) to shield the node.  I think we took the node from them a few times, but in the end, we lost.

Also, I do got the admit that I've probably played/ switched to on my Heavenly bros' side at least several times, simply because of a similar reason.  I've also did it back when I was in RTO.  I guess you can't blame clan members for wanting to play on the same team as their other fellow clan members.  Of course, facing each other every now and then doesn't hurt either.  There's been many occasions were another fellow Heavenly member and me (if not two other people) have faced off against a team two or three or I'm on the team opposite of them, but generally, if I'm on one team, there's generally another one with me when I'm facing the others.

lol its frustrating when you know you have game and having 100 armor and around 160-180 health just captured the node with juggernaut at the core and then they just capture it back while the noobs just go to core over and over and repeat. it was either hold the node and nothing happen or go to core and nothing happen, pick your poison. thats the cost of playing with noobs, u gotta do everything by yourself it seems. they just dont know what to do and how to work together as a team. they just do what they want and listen to the damn anouncer to much i guess. when i see pore team play it used to frustrate the sh*t out of me and would yell out trying to make them leave the game or let it sink into their head. but now i send them messages about what they were doing wrong and try to help them. but i still yell at the gay team stackers, spawn killers and pricks who continue to ruin the games that we all play in. i have no room in heart for them, only nubs =]

EnVy must be earned"
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by AqUaKnOt

Let's set aside all the things that don't matter and get back to playing the damn game, having clan matches (win or lose) and just enjoying ourselves already!

lol since we are letting all the kittens out of the bag and expressing the truth on stuff. no offense to anyone or any clan out there but time has also proved in this game that no one(watered down clans) wants to play vrs a stacked team(s) and continue to lose over and over. its just simply not human nature and they grow tired of it and move on and eventually quit. if that was the case im sure clans like tWc, GOW and qM would still be playing together. you can say what ever ya want but im just being honest here. no one has to say this but its the truth and we all know it =/

trust me i know all about it ive been on both ends of the stick...

EnVy must be earned"
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

i love you to aqua =]

LMAO - when did you get promoted?
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 6:14pm

i love you to aqua =]

LMAO - when did you get promoted?

tWc_CptAssMonkey was a tag i used back in the day. i was named that from frank aka dirk/v-tech/warhore and it just stuck. my team mates thought it was a perfect fit for me xDDD

EnVy must be earned"
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 6:16pm
lol - sorry Captain. I didn't even know that tag. Warhore is a genius.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 6:18pm

lol - sorry Captain. I didn't even know that tag. Warhore is a genius.

at ease soldier, carry on lol

EnVy must be earned"
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 7:42pm

Here’s the truth about the UT3 community… (sorry, it’s a bit long)

When I built this site out for the community, I had this crazy idea that I would transform the community into some tight knit unit, complete with a “Council of the Clans” and rules of “fair play”.  Biggest mistake of my online gaming life-

I lost my mind over this site and ended up giving it away instead of shutting it down because of ME, not because of the community.  I was working my ass off trying to make it something it wasn’t and it pissed me off when people wanted to play the game and organize themselves any way they saw fit.  What was I thinking?  Stupid move on my part-

The UT3 community is what it is.  No single person, clan or group is going to change it.  You have clans and individual players in the following categories:

• Good guys who follow their own set of rules, no matter how restrictive or loose
  • Decent players who follow routes and specific strategies
  • Awesome players who play a “Dynamic” game with no preset routes or strategy
  • Bad boys who get their kicks by sniping and team stacking
  • Complete morons who are hell bent on making others miserable
  • Great players who want to teach the masses and grow the community
  • People who cry like a baby when facing a stacked team, but say nothing when they fall on the stacked team side

The community isn’t going to change.  It will grow, it will shrink and over time; it will die off.  Simple as that.

I always hear and read comments about A-R (see more of the same above) and what you are likely to find on the A-R server.  The truth is, you will NEVER find an A-R member using glitches.  You will NEVER find an A-R member using KB/M or FragFX.  You WILL find a group of A-R members stacking on one team, but you will almost always find another A-R member or two on the other team as well.  We’re friends.  We like hanging out together and playing on the same team.  That’s ok.  Get better and smack us around.  We’re not going anywhere and actually enjoy it when someone like sk-iller, danjel8, helscream, phantaci, xkalibur or deadaim come into a game and beat the crap out of us.  That’s how WE get better.

So what’s the problem?  Here’s a group of players who enjoy each other’s company.  They play the game as designed and use a controller, just like you.  Playing a few games with or against any number of A-R members will improve your game if you quit whining and start watching what they are doing.  There are no secrets and we play no differently on the public servers than we do in a clan match.  Also, you can ask ANY A-R member for some one on one instruction and they are likely to help you.

There’s not a single member in A-R that I cannot hand their ass to in this game.  There’s also not a single member in A-R that cannot hand me my ass regularly.  Yet we don’t cry about it.  We get better or we get beat.

A special note about TotalEnvy.  That guy has the hardest personality to get along with in the game, but you know what?  He’s the first person to hop over to a losing team and he gives clear direction (sometimes rude and can be a complete assmonkey, but who gives a sh*t).  In Warfare, he's the first person I listen to when he's shouting instructions.  He’s in it for the long haul and understands that sharing knowledge means the game/community lasts longer.  I don’t like him personally (and I don’t have to in order to have fun - which is what it's all about), but I love his approach to the game.  He just wants to win and tries to build players he can win with.  That’s no different than most of A-R’s approach.

So, you can keep banging your head against the wall trying to change the community into something it will never be, or you can wise up and take it for what it is.  Adapt your play to meet the different kinds of players and groups you come across in the game and quit all the damn crying and whining.  Let's set aside all the things that don't matter and get back to playing the damn game, having clan matches (win or lose) and just enjoying ourselves already!

great post J.  Hard to argue against the valid points you made.  I def see and understand the part about change.  when and if it does it won't ever come easy or soon enough to satisfy anyone so it is what it is.

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 7:53pm
i remember when players used to enjoy this game. now we all just cant stand each other and b**** about the game. i guess the team stacking started shortly after??? i know i was guilty of it at one time =[

EnVy must be earned"
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 8:00pm

Let's set aside all the things that don't matter and get back to playing the damn game, having clan matches (win or lose) and just enjoying ourselves already!

lol since we are letting all the kittens out of the bag and expressing the truth on stuff. no offense to anyone or any clan out there but time has also proved in this game that no one(watered down clans) wants to play vrs a stacked team(s) and continue to lose over and over. its just simply not human nature and they grow tired of it and move on and eventually quit. if that was the case im sure clans like tWc, GOW and qM would still be playing together. you can say what ever ya want but im just being honest here. no one has to say this but its the truth and we all know it =/

trust me i know all about it ive been on both ends of the stick...

Hear hear.  again, another valid post on the matter.  As they say.. it's lonely at the top.  AR-47 def deserves all kudos and praise for their strict devotion to perfection in execution and wiping out anybody they face But in the end it's a lot like watching the yankees of the 90's.  fans with teams in other states could hardly appreciate the fact that the same team dominated both leagues so many times it wasn't as fun to watch.  Ask yourself, what baseball fan would find repeated shut out games fun when they could watch close battles where the teams keep re-tying over and over and your biting ur fingernails in tension and excitement till the very end?  A ninth Inning surprise victory is more grandiose and more exhilarating and satisfying than watching inning after inning of an inevitable and impending win.  Maybe it's me but if I pay close to 500 to see a game with some friends I wouldn't want to see a shut out game even if it's the Mets (my team btw).  Same as with any other sport.  Who in the world enjoyed those 72 second Mike Tyson bouts?  was it better than say the thrilla in manilla?  better than Leonard vs hagler?  or how about four quarters of a 75 point lead in basketball (even if it's ur team that's winning)?  Over and Over again?  I don't see the excitement of it. 

What I find unusual about an excellent team like AR is that if you see ur dominating a team or game after game after game why not split it up and make it challenging for yourselves at least?  even if you don't care about anyone that joins the server (i.e not concerned with whether they're actually enjoying themselves for instance) I would think me, being an AR member, would eventually say "man, we're like the best and blow everyone out of the water.  Since we're so big now why not have friendlies against eachother?" and then simply split them up.  I would be thrilled to see a game where there are two AR teams evenly matched with a few lesser skilled players complimenting them.  It's rare that I've seen it but when I have witnessed a game with Chris and Arkos on opposing teams it changes the feel dramatically.  The battles are legendary when you pit both sets of AR members against eachother.  games like that I would wait in line for and strive to be a part of each one.  it's a shame it's not really like that.   Again it's the lack of desire for real challenges (even if they exist only within AR for AR members) that leaves a bad taste for some of us in the public sector of UT3.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>