Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

So about the game being dead..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So about the game being dead..
    Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:44pm
Ok INC firstly your commenting on something you know nothing about. QuickRC hands up if people like/enjoy playing with him.

Nope didn't think I'd see any hands go up.

Secondly ask yourself this question.

Is it better to stand up against someone who glitched nearly every VCTF server (making them unplayable for over 2 weeks now)

or...

Allow him to do it, praise him for doing it in the hope he brings more people who wanna ruin the fun for everyone to this site?

I agree that playing with your friends is better than pubs, its what most of the EU vctf community do now nightly on the Heavenly server..

But please please don't try and stick up for someone who ruins the fun and competition for everyone else.

If someone could glitch all the guns out of a duel server you would soon understand why a lot of us are annoyed about this.
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:48pm
Lol Drokun, comments, not technical.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Danjel8

I agree that playing with your friends is better than pubs, its what most of the EU vctf community do now nightly on the Heavenly server..

Is that something I could take part in whenever I feel? IDK if there's some kind of system going on (ie. organised matches) and if me joining would somehow ruin it. I know you invited me the other day but I wasn't sure if that was a permenant invite so to speak. :)
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:55pm
Of course Jake, pretty much anyone can join. We keep it competitive where ever possible. Quite a lot of stategy going on, we have a good laugh and play in the right spirit. Sometimes it will be password protected but if your on mine, trinity's or sk-illers psn there is a good chance you will get an invite!

I'll probably be on tonight, normally the best action starts around 11pm UK time.

EDIT- Also its good if a few newbies get to join, I try and invite Greeny when he is on. ;)
Chyna View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:07pm
The only thing is Incremental if I go onto a server & people are spawn killing n all the rest of that sort of rubbish, I'm a first class noob at the moment, theres not a thing I can do about it. I can't do what the likes of you n other great players do, kick their arses in the next game.

Ok, so we noobs practice, we get better & then kick their arses, but in the mean time it makes it a very boring & tedious game for us.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:16pm
On the note of spawn killing. Its definately has its place, I'm totally cool with it. However what I'm not cool with is when two children play against noobs, take up all the spawn points on Kargo and Corruption and ground smash over and over.

Trust me INC if someone did this in duel, TDM or CTF you would be quite annoyed... I can take a beating, I don't care about that. Its actually not being able to respawn at all that is a problem. One match on Kargo I think 4 of the noobs just left the server... will they ever play ut3 again? Who knows.
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:33pm
Dan, ur missing the ***in concept of it all. I'm not saying quickRC doesn't deserve all the hate ur giving him. I was using that as an example. That's just one guy that's got hated on, maybe he does deserve it and maybe he doesn't.

All I know is what pisses me off is u read all that, lunchy read all that and u guys only have one thang to say. Can't comment on anythang positive, we got to continue the trend and say "well I didn't say that or this is the reason why I said that".

Its amazing I didn't point any fingers, I just stated issues of what's going on the forums. I've never even played one match with quickRC but I can tell you I'm tired of seeing you guys go at it on the forums like a bunch of ***ing kids.

This is not even about you or quickRC, just an example of two guys that play UT3, probably 2 guys that are decent and can't get along.

I look at it this way and maybe you guys should to, if someone has to use glitches, spawn kill, or spam every ***n thang they get ahold of, I just look at it as that mofo aint as good as me so he's doing everthang possible. It usually turns out even tho they are doing all that they still loose.

Dan don't take anythang personal. U want my honest opinion. Ill call Wopr up and ask him to shut the site down 4 a week, see how everyone ***n responds to all the hate on this forum then. Ya'll keep it up and some **** like that will happen one day or another.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:42pm
Chyna, I understand ur points but when u got the greats in here b****ing about spawn killin, just gets on my ***n nerves.

And Dan there is plenty of spamfest ***n spawn killing n a overloaded DM all the time. I could duel every1 of those ***ers and they never get one kill on me but put them all in a room together where they can come up behind me and spam everythang, there u go. It gets frustrating but it gets frustrating everytime I open the page of this forum to find lil b****es on here complaining about it when they played the game as long as I did.

I don't disagree with ur guys points, just don't make it abundant to come n here everytime a day of UT3 doesn't go your way and u gotta ramble on about it, one way or the other we get tired of seeing the BS.

U start with a damn enforcer, use the SOB. What I thank is funny more then anythang is u guys got those weapon spawn thangs that have all the weapons n it yet u guys still whine ur getting spawn killed as n a DM I have to go halfway across the map to get a gun.
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:46pm
I agree with what u stated inc. But, glitching in vctf is a lot different than glitching in other modes. From what i've seen personally, people take the flag, find some way to glitch out of the map, and leave the flag in a place that's pretty much inaccessible. The game doesn't recognize this for some reason, and it never gets returned, thus, having a match that pretty much lasts forever. Only thing to do at that point is reset the server. Sounds simple, until u realize that some players actually do this on the Epic servers. You know how long it takes them to respond to anything we request, lol. This causes more problems as you have fewer servers available to the community. What if it happened on one of the dedicateds that members of the community put up and the owner of that server was out of town or something? You're left with nothing.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:50pm
INC I really have no problem with spawn killing, its not being able to spawn that I have a problem with.

I played DEVIL_Associate earlier on his host and lost 10-1, 7 of his kills were when I had an enforcer... I've got absolutely no problem with it, actually makes me wanna get better at duelling.

Seriously if you don't get what I am saying I can and will happily set up a server with you and some willing test dummies and if you let me go titan on corruption with a friend in the other spawn point you will NOT be able to spawn, its actually impossible because you get knocked over when you initially spawn and just as you stand up you get smashed again and die.

This isn't about duel tho, I've got limited experience in that mode apart from dying.

Got no problem with spawn killing, it has its place.

I've got a problem with not being able to spawn i.e. fire a single shot of my enforcer.

Spam... lol everyone spams, I also have no problem with that. Infact I only have a problem with people who intentionally f*** the game up for other people.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by XKaL1buR

I agree with what u stated inc. But, glitching in vctf is a lot different than glitching in other modes. From what i've seen personally, people take the flag, find some way to glitch out of the map, and leave the flag in a place that's pretty much inaccessible. The game doesn't recognize this for some reason, and it never gets returned, thus, having a match that pretty much lasts forever. Only thing to do at that point is reset the server. Sounds simple, until u realize that some players actually do this on the Epic servers. You know how long it takes them to respond to anything we request, lol. This causes more problems as you have fewer servers available to the community. What if it happened on one of the dedicateds that members of the community put up and the owner of that server was out of town or something? You're left with nothing.

Yes Kali, quite right. 2 out of 2 EU servers were totally glitched out, 1 has been reset after I contacted Flak on the Epic forums. 1 out of 2 US servers were glitched out. The A-R server got glitched out.

The flags never ever return and with the scores at 0-0 I think the EU server playing Kargo has been the longest overtime match ever at just over 2 weeks.
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:56pm
2 weeks? Holy ****! LOL
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 2:04pm
This game is alive and doing well. Thumbs Up
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 2:20pm
Lol Dan its cool bro, when u say spawn kill, to me that's something that happened maybe when u played Devil Associate. I thought none of u played with the Titan since u all thought it was gay 4 that matter.

Anyways I'm just stating probelms people have with this game. Honestly between the vehicles and titan, that's just 2 bad combinations 4 me, I guess. I just never run into these problems which never causes one for me.
Apollo_Warrior View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Apollo_Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by WOPR-1

Oh crow...*sigh*

To the top shelf players it might be too dead to play anything but duels but.... ida know... it still seems to have a pulse to me.  I'm not under some delusion that it's in a healthy state...it's far from it...however...In a little over a week and a half these are the total number of players on the iamgaming_x servers.

TDM: 4700
CTF: 1300
Duel insta: 580
Duel PURE: 2853

Yeah I know a high percentage of that can be noobish players... but either way you slice it that's a good amount of people playing and that's just my 4 piddly servers...

Yea, there may be a high amount of noobs, but we all were at somepoint. I can remember the first match I was in with ACE and I think he was shooting his own prime node or something, I spent the rest of the night showing him around the maps. I'm not saying I don't get frustrated with people not doing the smart thing all the time and yelling at them (get out of MY tank!!!)  but if the more exp. players can teach some of the newer ones, a little patient will mean a little more competition later on....
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 3:39pm
True...
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 3:44pm
The game is not dead! Just yesterday I found plenty of action. Had some good WF matches in the afternoon. Got back on later in the evening and joined in on some really fun CTF. Then had a few more WF matches and for a nightcap I joined a friends full DM room. These were full rooms with veterans and newcomers playing. There were also two full VCTF rooms going at the same time. Sure, there's not the amount of players as there was last year at this time but trust me, the good games are still here.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

"you guys always aim all of your attention to me when i speak in general or if im speakin only to one person you get the whole f***in community attackin me on one thread"  If you dont GIVE A f*** what people think about you, then stop crying about it!  What pisses me off is what you said about Go_Dead and what and how you responded to WOPR!  This should def be in the fists of fury, but i dont really care, i got one more day left, and if i get banned then oh well!  Funny, last time i checked Go wasnt a vehicle player!  Maybe its just the Duelers put up with your dumb ass!    i might say the community is ths stupidest piece of **** ive ever seen!    Then why do you stay if you think soo low of it! Seriously , find a new bridge!
before you say something so stupid again go_dead said something to me first dont be a f***in idiot to me i wont be rude back as far as wopr goes if he cant take anything i say he would of deleted me from his friendlist a long time ago woprs my manmeat lol he can take anything i whip at him just cause you have one day left go take ur pms somewhere else  i voice my opinion not even rude at all until you ppl start sayin **** to me then when i respond oh no there goes crow going at it again..but everyone even the moderators fail to see where did the problem start...his post said nothing wrong until.....someone said something to him....still nothing in my PM cause all you ppl want to do is make a scene
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 4:48pm
This game is long dead, I still enjoy playing it though.
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 5:05pm
One day left?  Till what?

OMG I'm your Manmeat!? ....I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.....*shewulph*

EDIT: btw I appreciate the defense on my part but it's ok, crow and I don't agree on some stuff but it's all good...we've talked enough on PSN for him to know he can give me crap and I won't get mad...he wasn't trying to be rude to me this is just how we usually talk to each other! lol!

None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 5:39pm
lmao that aint shewulphs thing i always say that talked enough on psn plus how long have we've been friends for lol jeez *slaps ur mangina*
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 5:42pm
thought this thread was about pcspeed insta ctf..........
shine on you crazy diamond
LAWL_SHOCKZ View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote LAWL_SHOCKZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Tr(A)1nWr(E)cK

thought this thread was about pcspeed insta ctf..........

lmao! i know, this thread started as a nice gesture and trying to prove there is still live in this game.. that just kind of went straight to hell, now didn't it!??!
yup. i'm done.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 8:36pm
All I know is what pisses me off is u read all that, lunchy read all that and u guys only have one thang to say.   Guess, i dont know what you mean!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

Lol Dan its cool bro, when u say spawn kill, to me that's something that happened maybe when u played Devil Associate. I thought none of u played with the Titan since u all thought it was gay 4 that matter.

Anyways I'm just stating probelms people have with this game. Honestly between the vehicles and titan, that's just 2 bad combinations 4 me, I guess. I just never run into these problems which never causes one for me.

Haha I know INC, I read you posts and know you write them respectfully so I can appreciate you point of view...

Wanna know the really ironic part in all this... everyone/most people do think titan is gay... why do we play it? Well because the other EU servers are all glitched out! :D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>