Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

So about the game being dead..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So about the game being dead..
    Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 2:27am
Totally just went into an SRC server yesterday with the whole src clan and a few others and yes I am a pure server player without mods, but man did I have the best time with you guys in that instagib/ pcx speed ctf room... I have never played more than one match with pcx or instagib ctf without translocator.. Its quite entertaining. If you are still reading this, please join one of those rooms and stick it out a few matches. 
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 3:56am
damn and I missed it?!  That style is soooooo much fun!  I miss having those matches with the old FEAR crew. 

If you guys do this again you should put up a post earlier in the day, I know I'd be there! ;)
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Pain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 4:08am
hell yeah it was fun as hell last nite, had some really good matches thanx to the people that joined us, hope more people will use it, def a good switch of pace
Black_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 8:40am
I used to play iCTF ALL the time. I remember playing with RAGE a lot.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 8:57am
I used to play iCTF with T-Lenix back in the day... not sure where he is now but 3v3 and 4v4 was so much fun in that mode.
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 9:02am
yeah iCTF was gr8 i played w/ FEAR & Force its gr8 & surprisingly im still Gr8 @ it
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 9:36am
I used to play iCTF (speed freak, no translocator) with FEAR alot. Really fun. Sorry I missed the games last night. There were some really good Warfare games going on last night also.
LAWL_SHOCKZ View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote LAWL_SHOCKZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by DahBlackWorm

Totally just went into an SRC server yesterday with the whole src clan and a few others and yes I am a pure server player without mods, but man did I have the best time with you guys in that instagib/ pcx speed ctf room... I have never played more than one match with pcx or instagib ctf without translocator.. Its quite entertaining. If you are still reading this, please join one of those rooms and stick it out a few matches. 

lmao hotsubs wanted to know where the WigglyWorm went, he seemed pretty upset about it. xD
yup. i'm done.
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 1:39pm
Oh damn... I can't believe I missed that Cry it's right up my street that is pcx ictf.  Next time you plan to do this let me know and I'll play too
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 5:14pm
I had an AWESOME time and i think instagib is underrated and a good change of pace, plus ya'll kept me laughing my ass off...BRING BACK INSTAGIB!!!
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 1:30am
Yeah! Those iCTF games were fun!  I miss Instagib!
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 4:38am
Im thinking the game has come to its end! I was on tonight, there were 3 DM servers, one had 1 person in it, the other had 3 and the other had 12, a few TDM servers with about 10 people collectively, no one playin ctf at all, one vctf server was full, and 2 warfare servers, one was half empty and the other was a spam fest, and no duels!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 6:25am
Weds/Thurs are notoriously **** nights for matches... be better again at the weekend.
Deliverance View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deliverance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 6:59am
The game is unfortunately VERY dead. Such a good game too. Seems like there is one full room in each gametype that you can't get into, or no one on at all. Very discouraging.Cry
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Deliverance

The game is unfortunately VERY dead. Such a good game too. Seems like there is one full room in each gametype that you can't get into, or no one on at all. Very discouraging.Cry
tyvm i dont think ppl understand the term "dead" when it comes to gaming finally someone who makes sense lol
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 7:32am
Dead means different things to different people though... as long as its giving people fun then its not gonna be dead to them. So kinda unfair to make a generalisation, it may be dead to you guys and to me its pretty much dead but it isn't to everyone else.

What frustrates me is the lack of skilled players, in terms of skill the game is pretty very dead but at times you get 3/4 VCTF servers maxed out, 1 warfare maxed with another normally about 10/12 players.

Overall I would agree, but its still kinda fun and I enjoy playing with the people I play with regularly.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 9:31am
It's also the middle of summer. People go on vacation and what not. I think it will pick back up some next month but I'm not naive enough to think it will ever get back to the glory days. But all that matters is that I seem to find a game everytime I log on. And it's usually wirth friends.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 9:35am
instagb is so much fun. I was on my iAM_Christian account. if we can get pcspeed to work on dedicateds it will be epic.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 10:04am
Originally posted by FoeBia

instagb is so much fun. I was on my iAM_Christian account. if we can get pcspeed to work on dedicateds it will be epic.

Except for the bit where it just ends up killing bots
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 12:59pm

Thats why u all need to come over to the PC version. Plenty of action in all gametypes all day!!! The biggest difference between the platforms is at minumum 2 clan matches/ scrimages on a weekly basis. Lots of top notch players with teeth clenchin action. Just an idea! maybe some of you will take my advice and switch to see what your missing. Be safe guys.see ya

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 6:52pm
I just dont understand how one of the most intense games ive ever played, is almost dead now!  No other game gives me the same kinda rush, just doesnt make sense when alot of just stop playin! 
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

I just dont understand how one of the most intense games ive ever played, is almost dead now!  No other game gives me the same kinda rush, just doesnt make sense when alot of just stop playin! 

Couldn't agree more. Its so addictive, its like no other game I've ever experienced. Whenever I play a new game my first question is... so where's my f***ing jump boots? If the answer returns negative I trade that MOFO in.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

well not to be a dick or say i told you so but its the lack of competition there was/is no incentive to bring alot of ppl together multi modes or single this community has lacked that hardcore style causing alot of players to leave yes ppl say oh we only play for fun but they fail to realize a "good game" the ones that's close almost a tie ya know those games those are the fun games thats the small competitive side coming out from them without them realizing it the game is f***in great and it is addicting but not much reason to keep playin without any comp this game just turned into a huge chat room thats all... that plus any new person that starts out whos nvr played any other UT game before gets their asses whooped and leave cause the learning curve
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 10:49pm
In responce to all of this, I understand where you guys are coming from but to be honest the intense good addictive games are out there, but you have to WORK to get it... like as in a clan match. Lunchy, when is the last time you were in a clan match? It sounds like most of you guys are sitting in the public servers waiting for good people to show up and show you a good match, maybe that was the case a long time ago but it's not how it is now.
If you want to get a good game lunchy, let me get some people involved and a server and I will show you the time of your life
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 10:51pm
Oh crow...*sigh*

To the top shelf players it might be too dead to play anything but duels but.... ida know... it still seems to have a pulse to me.  I'm not under some delusion that it's in a healthy state...it's far from it...however...In a little over a week and a half these are the total number of players on the iamgaming_x servers.

TDM: 4700
CTF: 1300
Duel insta: 580
Duel PURE: 2853

Yeah I know a high percentage of that can be noobish players... but either way you slice it that's a good amount of people playing and that's just my 4 piddly servers...
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>