FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

if

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: if
    Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 12:13pm
i plugged in some random usb controller, would ps3 ut3 recognize it?
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 12:23pm
Do you have anything in mind? Might help people answer if you have a specific model.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Danjel8

Do you have anything in mind? Might help people answer if you have a specific model.
just a pc gamepad doesnt matter what type. because my controller is like broken, and moves by itself. makes comboes hard to hit.
if i have a new one it wont bother me. (im not payin $60 for a ds3)
FoXy View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
His Wifeh

Post Options Post Options   Quote FoXy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 12:32pm
get a used one o.O they should be right beside the new ones cept there only 30$
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 12:33pm
I tried that once with a philips dual analog PC gamepad.  It did recognize it but things didn't exactly work properly....like for example on the right analog stick up was left and down was right.  Maybe that could be fixed by configuring it via the PC to have the directions swapped or something...I didn't spend much time with it... but it is possible.

I could do it again and actually try to make it work the way it should if you want me to.

It's going to make a difference what specific gamepad you pick...some have extreme limitations on configuration so they may not work right.

This is the one I have:

None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by FoXy

get a used one o.O they should be right beside the new ones cept there only 30$

Ja that's what I would do....personally I think the ps3 controllers are pretty nice. That philips one I was talking about above is pretty crappy compared to a PS3 controller in my opinion....
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 12:39pm
If you know anyone that's close to you that are in the military, you can get a brand new dualshock 3 controller for $44.99 tax free. It's 10 dollars cheaper.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by FoeBia

just a pc gamepad doesnt matter what type. because my controller is like broken, and moves by itself. makes comboes hard to hit.

Damn it!  I thought it was only $30.  Oh well, I'm still going to get one.  I broke my other Sixaxis and the one I do play with has a left joystick that is starting to stick. (because I generally only used it, since part of the plastic was tearing off, on the controller that is now broken.. because I tried to rip it off, so I could stand using it.)
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 2:47pm
doesnt' radioshack or gamestop have 3rd party controllers for sale?  I know radioshack has one for like 24 dollars
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 3:03pm
Ehh.. I don't know about Foebia, but I'd rather get the Dualshock 3.  Of all of the third party ones I've gotten, only one or two of them has ever been decent or lasted more than 2-3 months.  I still have one of the decent ones.  The other one broke awhile back, but it was pretty decent, despite being a bit too small.  Then again, these are PS2 third-party controllers I'm talking about.  Maybe, PS3 ones are better made.  After all, my Sixaxises have lasted longer than any of my standard PS2 controllers, without issues.. until the last months. (the now broken one's issue popped up around then and the other just recently started becoming somewhat crappy)
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 3:17pm
3rd party ps3 controllerS?
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 3:22pm
Yeah like the non official sony controllers... do the same thing but cheaper.

Normal they have some gay 'TURBO' button.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 3:24pm
HAHAH that Turbo word looks cool...
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 3:26pm
The 3rd party PS2 controllers that I used always screwed up. I'd stick with the Sony brand.
ournemesis View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote ournemesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 3:45pm
I play alot & my L3 button tends to fail on me around 10 months . I buy a ps3 controller at radio shack & get the 1 year replacement plan for 5.99 . I've used this plan once & saved $22 .
ournemesis View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote ournemesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 3:47pm
oops , I saved $24 not $22
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by FoeBia

If you have an old PS2 controller you can buy an adapter for it for about $5 on ebay and it even supports rumble Thumbs Up
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 4:01pm
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
 Post Reply Post Reply