Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Protein shakes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Protein shakes
    Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 6:45pm
I ended up buying a whey protien for before/after my gym sessions. And a slow releasing protien for at night... I take 3 shakes per day and things are starting to look good! I go every day apart from Sundays, do cardio twice a week, solid ab work and splits on my other muscle groups.

Good progress so far... even if it means I haven't played more than 40 mins of ut3 in nearly 3 weeks :(
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 9:10am
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

So they can stand closer to the sink,    LOLOLOL

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Lmfao!! That was good!
MEGA_-TrON- View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MEGA_-TrON- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Danjel8

I ended up buying a whey protien for before/after my gym sessions. And a slow releasing protien for at night... I take 3 shakes per day and things are starting to look good! I go every day apart from Sundays, do cardio twice a week, solid ab work and splits on my other muscle groups.Good progress so far... even if it means I haven't played more than 40 mins of ut3 in nearly 3 weeks :(

what kind of protien?
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 11:03am
SCI-MX Whey Protein - Vanilla

let the definition begin!!!
PlainShane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PlainShane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 2:34pm
I use Pro Complex Gainer. 60g protein.
Anabolic Halo creatine.
and N.O. Explode for pre-workout.

My diet is Breakfast: 6 whole eggs, bowl of oatmeal, heaping spoonful of peanut butter a fruit.
Meal 2: protein shake
Meal 3: Spaghetti-O's and a can of tuna (spaghetti-o's have lots of nutrition and taste good)
Meal 4: Either chicken and noodles/rice or 1lb of ground beef or 1 big steak with a side.
Meal 5: Probably a pizza or a big sandwich, and some beans.
Meal 6: Protein shake and a snack before bed.
Creatine between meal 2 and 3.

I am so god damn tired of eggs though. I have been on this diet and for 4 months and only been working out since then but I went from 124lbs to 144lbs. I youtube'ed how to make scrambled eggs the other day and its making breakfast easier to down. Oh yeah, all I drink is water except one gaterade per workout.
UT3 4v4 CTF Tournament Champions! 1-0

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 4:08am
I'm gonna start upping my food intake. On a heavy lift program for 2 more weeks and then gonna start doing a lot more cardio coz I wanna get my body fat down to around 8-12%
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 4:23am

I'm gonna start upping my food intake. On a heavy lift program for 2 more weeks and then gonna start doing a lot more cardio coz I wanna get my body fat down to around 8-12%

Let me know if you get yours under 10 so I can shower you with props.

There are lots of recovery oriented shakes with some protein in them already btw.....I am sure you already ran into those.

I hope you found an awesome website to buy from in the uk. Paying retail for supplements is silly imo.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 3:20pm
You lads are probably aware of this site (think its American) but www.tnation.com has some pretty good stuff on there.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by PlainShane

Anabolic Halo creatine.

My diet is Breakfast: 6 whole eggs, bowl of oatmeal, heaping spoonful of peanut butter a fruit.
Meal 3: Spaghetti-O's and a can of tuna (spaghetti-o's have lots of nutrition and taste good)
Meal 4: Either chicken and noodles/rice or 1lb of ground beef or 1 big steak with a side.

I am so god damn tired of eggs though. I have been on this diet and for 4 months and only been working out since then but I went from 124lbs to 144lbs. I youtube'ed how to make scrambled eggs the other day and its making breakfast easier to down. Oh yeah, all I drink is water except one gaterade per workout.

Its good your achieving your goals... its kinda more complicated for me coz I wanna lose fat but gain muscle ma**... double edged sword. Hard knowing whether to bulk or cut...

Think I'm gonna bulk again for 6 weeks and then cut for 4... just wanna see them abs now :)
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by MEGA_-TrON-

Ask TheProdigy! But I will give u my gym advice - if you are trying to bulk up jus know u wanna take double ur body weight a day in protein. A good protein for bulk and size is FreakFix (chocolate) take 2-3 shakes a dAy with well balanced meals. Also u can eat a powerbar (protein plus) and get 23 gms a pop and they taste great! - if your tryin to get stronger and but on good shape I would say to hop on BSN Syntha6. It's the best tasting out there and is really good! It had a good amount of sorces and should be takin 2-3 times a day. Best times for a shake/bar first thing when u wake up because your body eats away a good amount of protien in ur sleep. Also u wanna feed ur muscles right off the bat! Second is right after your workout, after a workout your muscles are ripped and torn so u need to pack them with a good amount of protien. Third is right before bed, this is so ur body does not eat away your muscle while u sleep. You need some sort of protien before bed! Now if u don't have a protien shake/bar u can eat Penut butter on wheat bread, chicken salad, eggs, fish.. Ect mix protein with milk, in blender with ice. Toss is a banana so help prevent cramps. Jus know that you body canonly handle 30gm of protien per serving, so be wise with your scoops don't always believe the directions!! Hope this help danjel!

i just read this thread for the first time and something came to mind and i gotta ask.....Prodigy why are you talking to yourself? u are both MEGA_TRON and Prodigy. hmmmm, if faking death wasn't enough you have now evolved into have split personalities.
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
iAM_xplorer2233 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 6:55pm
wow this is awesome what do u think xplorer
"Since we like to travel she let us run a train."
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 6:56pm
well i think that is cool i will take trons advise or prodgys or both or maybe mine or maybe urs xplorer you r the best
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 6:57pm
lol at u xplorer man i want to big like u man we should hang out together
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 6:58pm
ok come over and i will tell u how great i am and u can tell ur self how big u r and i will tell my self what a great lover i am and u can tell ur self how good u r at ut3
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 7:10pm

hilarious

SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 8:08pm
LMAO - WTF?!  LOL -
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 11:50pm
guys wtf stop interupting xplorer oh man im sorry xplorer were u done
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 11:52pm
oh thanks those guys r so rude xplorer u r the only guy i like u r awesome not as awesome as me but a close second
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 11:52pm
oh wow u want to settle this in a duel?
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 11:53pm
yeah lets go pa**word is fakedeath
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 5:37am
Oh dear Thumbs Down
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:37am
Back on topic (Kindaaa) I bought some Hot Rox pills the other day, taking them to try and speed up the body fat reduction. Hopefully in about 3-6 months I'll be posting some fit pics.
Carn4ge 0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Carn4ge 0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 8:00am

Originally posted by PlainShane

Anabolic Halo creatine.

Its good your achieving your goals... its kinda more complicated for me coz I wanna lose fat but gain muscle ma**... double edged sword. Hard knowing whether to bulk or cut...

Think I'm gonna bulk again for 6 weeks and then cut for 4... just wanna see them abs now :)

Just a heads up - its pretty much impossible to add ma** while burning off fat.  To add ma** your body must be at a significant calorie surplus, and to burn fat you must be eating at a caloric deficit.  You would be better off healty eating plenty of calories and bulking up, followed by a high-protein low carb cutting phase.  The low carbs will force your body to burn more fat for energy, and the high protein will help to maintain your muscles so you don't suffer much muscle loss while cutting.  I finish my cutting cycle next week after the end of the summer beach trip and I finally get to start bulking again, feels like I've been cutting forever.  I've maintained around a 9% bf for the past month or two and hope to bring it down to 7 or 8 for the trip.  good luck
LiL_killa View Drop Down
Noob
Noob
Singing Butters

Post Options Post Options   Quote LiL_killa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 9:39am
WHEY PROTEIN SHAKE VANILLA FLAVOR MMMMMMMMMMMM 
........sup
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 9:58am
Yeah Carnage I know... I think I'm gonna just bulk for another 6 weeks and concentrate on my upper body... I reckon I need about 3500 calories per day but dunno where the hell to get that from without eating some crap! Its hard to bulk of clean foods IMO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>