| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Player Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGet to Know a UT3 Player - GoDead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to Know a UT3 Player - GoDead
    Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 11:45pm

Welcome everyone to the Get to Know a UT3 Player. I am your host JPINATOR.  This next player that I will be interviewing has been a name that has exploded into the UT3 world for his nasty shock combos, wall jumps and of how knowledgeable he is with all modes in UT3. To anyone who is wishing to be best all around UT3 player, you definitely want to look up this guy in the phone book. I would like to introduce you to GoDead!

We all know GoDead the UT3 player, but let’s get to know GoDead the person.

What is your age?

Sex?

...With you!? :)...lol, Male

Where are you from?

California

What is your real name?

Mark

What do you do outside of UT3?

Wait! You mean there's life outside of UT3!? I enjoy going to the gym, I like to play Battlefield Bad Company, Little Big Planet, Fall Out 3 and my all time favorite game Tekken, including the entire franchise. Tekken 6 is coming October 27th WoOt! I'm also into graphic design like Photoshop but I’m unable to do anything because my computer sucks.

Without giving too much away, what pointers would you like to share?

Don't be an ass! Nobody wants someone stinking up their game. :) But, we're all guilty of it from time to time.

Broaden your horizons on your weapons, get better with them. Don’t just stick with the link gun or flak cannon get educated with all the weapons, it will help you to be a better fragger.  A big tip is to up your sensitivity settings on your controller, don't use the default settings, you'll be surprised at how better a fragger you will be if you tweak those settings

Do you have any tips or strategize you would like share?

I usually leave the strategizing to Xerxes if we're in a clan match :P I'll put my 2 cents in if I think we should do something differently.

What about some maps you like?

I like pretty much all the maps but my favorites would have to be, Sentinel, Diesel, Strident, and Confrontation is my new favorite warfare map.

The reason why I like Sentinel and Diesel is because they are good for competitive play and are great duel maps.

Strident, because a lot of people hate it and because of the style and look of the map, it’s appealing to me, has a futuristic look.

Confrontation- because it’s a large open map and there is a lot of different approaches you can take to win the game, and of course the stealth bender is in it and you can't go wrong with that. It's got a very different way of attacking the core and it makes it refreshing and new, something that sticks out from the rest of the warfare maps.

Maps you hate?

I HATE Deimos, low gravity and a turret makes that map noob heaven. >.< I can't stand it when people just camp n' snipe by the Big Keg the ENTIRE round in Suspense, and it’s usually is the case every time I play it.

What do think about the Titan Pack?

I liked the Titan mutator for the first 2 weeks or so, and then it just got really old. The new maps are alright, Nanoblack, Shaft, and Confrontation are great.

I’m with you on the liking the titan mutator for the first 2 weeks. The only time I enjoy playing it is in greed but now I refuse to join any of the warfare servers with titan in there.

Why do you still play UT3?

I probably wouldn't still be playing this game if tRi weren't around. And a select few people that I really enjoy playing with.

What are your dislikes about this game?

I don't have too many dislikes about the game itself, aside from that stupid duel glitch where the weapon looks like it's there, but it's really not :( It's usually just the dumb things that people like to do, and ruin the match for everyone else. >.<

What players do you feel are worth battling with or against?

I enjoy playing with:

All the guys from tRi of course, I couldn't ask for a better team!

JPINATOR! She's a genius when it comes to warfare, and is always in the right place at the right time. She's a great player and even a greater person :) Makes me laugh all the time!

SHINOBI! This dude is a crackup. He's always relaxed, and just knows how to have a good time. AND he's a fellow Tekken fanatic! woO!

COKKENBALLS! Everyone likes to have a little comic relief while they play. And no game is complete without someone making gagging sounds while play, right? :P

MIGZ- & ZodiacX - sometimes they can be a bit much like you all know, but all in all they are both good guys and hilarious to play with and make the game more enjoyable.

Spagender- he was an awesome player all around and he was one of the most friendliest players that I have got to known even if he never used his mic

BULLET19- he used to be a tRi member then became inactive for a long time, but I was told recently that he may be playing again, he was cool and good at CTF

Skiddler- he was in tRi too, but he never had a tRi tag. He was an honorary member because he NEVER played in any of our matches. I miss hearing him munch on those candy Runts & hearing his southern accent on his mic. He was the most persistent flag runners I have ever seen and is really super nice.

What players have helped you achieve your stardom?

Dameik showed me a lot, including how to wall jump.
Imnothot_Imgreat told me all about the timing for all the armor and pickups.
JPINATOR taught me about, 'The Art of the Orb Runner' :) and tons of other things about warfare.

We know you are one of the top all around players in this game, but be honest with us.. is there anything that you need to work on as for skills?

I need to be more consistent. There will be days where I won't miss a shot... and then there are days when I couldn't hit the broadside of a Leviathan :( It doesn't help that I haven't been playing a lot of UT3 lately either.

That is a bad day if you can’t even hit a Leviathan, but I had one of those days too, I remember trying to hit my redeemer with the leviathan in Serenity and I missed it, I know someone caught me so I can’t lie about it.

You know every single player has at least one, what are your most embarrassing moments?

I was in a 2v2 CTF with 3 other tRi guys on Reflection, and I went for the lift jump and then the wall-jump to the sniper, after I grabbed the flag. I was loading up triple rockets at the same time I did the lift jump and ended up giving myself 3 rockets to the face against a wall in mid-air. Blue flag dropped... :( I felt like such an idiot.

Can you remember something that really made you laugh?

JP was hosting a survival duel on Shangri La, ewokk was there too. JP ended up getting completely stuck in the crouched position, and she called herself 'a midget with rockets.' It looked so hilarious when she tried to shoot one of us or when she tried to go up the lift... I don't think I'd ever laughed so hard in my life! :D

Thanks for bringing up a painful memory of mine, haha but I have to admit that was one of the craziest things that has happened to me in this game, I remember you were in pain from laughing so hard.

I would like to thank GoDead for typing this all up probably using his PS3 controller and not a keyboard, that must have been quite hard. GoDead is another player that I must recognize on a personal level because he taught me a lot of things about being a foot mode player, I would not consider myself at his level but I am working to be there. He is a great teacher when it comes to perfecting foot skills, some skills that I have brought down to other people myself because I know they are very helpful.

tRi is very lucky to have this guy on his roster even though he doesn’t show up to clan battles on time LOL jk jk,. I’m sure if he ever left, which I’m sure he wouldn’t dream of, he would be attacked and fought over by every clan like a bunch of wild rabid monkeys. Thank you again for reading this and I will see you next time on Get to Know a UT3 Player!

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:01am
Another great interview JP. Go-Dead is definitely one of the best all-round players in UT3. Makes me look like a noob everytime we run into each other.
Black_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:04am
Good stuff. Go_Dead we definitely got to play when Tekken 6 comes out.
K.S. View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote K.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:05am
Go Dead for president

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:07am
Go Go_DeaD!!! Woot woot  xD  Nice Interview  :D
Black_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:08am
A KS appearance :O ! You must be popular xD
GoDead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:15am
LOL you want me to be the Prez? tough job...

Only 366 days til yesterday!
AK-47-D-MAFIA View Drop Down
Team AK-47
Team AK-47

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47-D-MAFIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:39am
hey Go_Dead ur a very talented player. u also kool. i remember dueling u a couple of times n it was FUN
“The fool says in his heart, ”There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1)
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:57am
Nice interview! Tekken 6 is gonna be an EPIC FAIL though!!!! :O I think Go_Dead was the first person from tRi besides B_Star that i ran into. Good memories :P
SHINOBI View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote SHINOBI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:17am
Good Fn interview this bro has so much potential he actually puts it to work always have his mic on which makes the game live and not boring LoL that is why im always kicken it wit this Homie good $hit bro keep playing UT3 Dawg.PEACE
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 3:08am
Good Interview JP, Go_Dead is some1 i would want on my team! Damn tRi got too many good players, we should merge an make it TRi ......sounds good!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Ewokk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ewokk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 3:19am
Yeah that was the funniest thing ever when JP was stuck in the crouch position LOL

GoDead is a superb teamate, he's also one of the funnest people to play with and one reason I have stayed on UT3 for so long Star
Dear CTF,

I know I have been spending a lot of time dueling lately, but you will always be my first love.
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 10:46am
Great Interview!!!
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
shewulph View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote shewulph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 11:38am
LOL nice interview JP!
this is my cup of care -> \_/

oh look. it's empty.

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:11pm
Nice one JP and GD!
Apollo_Warrior View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Apollo_Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 3:22pm
Ugh, GoDead and his shock combos.....I miss the days when Zodiac  hated GoDead for whatever reason....that was funny.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 3:38pm

HAHAHA.. funny

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 6:25pm

nice read

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
GoDead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 7:10pm
I had fun answering all those questions!! Although typing them up with a ps3 controller was a little time consuming lol...

YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 7:27pm
go dead doesnt like to play with me =(.......rofl :P

COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by GoDead

LOL you want me to be the Prez? tough job...
If the only thing you did was take a crap on a pizza box you'd be doing a better job than our current POTUS.

Great interview GoDead.
How funny is it that Migz and ZodiacX are always mentioned together now?
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 11:12pm
Another great interview JP!

BTW - I made the text bigger on the initial post....it was making my eyes hurt! lol! 
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Dameik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dameik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 12:55am
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Dameik showed me a lot, including how to wall jump. 

ha you were a quick learner and a great person to play with. oh crap there taking are flag crazy fast. Godead*goos flag * best defense tactic ever =P. ha wow you what a team we were. well deserved interview.
GoDead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 12:59am
Yeah, I have noticed migz n zodiac get mentioned together a lot now. They get referred to as twins... And I completely agree with you about our current prez.

GoDead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 1:01am
LOL Damiek :) Yeah I remember shooting Bio on the flag... it always pisses people off. So hilarious!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>