Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Crosshairs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crosshairs
    Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 5:48am
So I was just watching Phantaci's One of a kind montage (seriously amazing btw) and saw he was using the crosshair thing which makes everything look like the sniper rifle. Also seen a few others use it in other montages, does it make it easier or is it just a case of personal prefernce?

Do you guys use it / would you recommend it? Smile
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 6:47am
Yap, I use it to after xKal1buR adviced me to change it that way. You might have to get used to it, but you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Also hiding your weapons will give you more focus on the crosshair and your target.
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 6:51am
What is the actual crosshair setting? I have small weapon on. How do you hide them?
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 7:02am
For straight out fragging I'd go with the simple crosshair (in settings under weapons).

However for team based modes like warfare or VCTF where vehicles lifts are regularly used I'd stick with normal because otherwise you can't tell when a person is linked on. Unless of course you listen out good.

I'd also strongly recommend hiding the weapon from the screen, you will get used to it after two days and you can see a lot more of what is going on.
shewulph View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote shewulph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 7:12am
mhmm, i use simple crosshair, and like it a lot better.
to hide your weapon, make your weapon hand hidden.
this is my cup of care -> \_/

oh look. it's empty.

M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 7:17am
Originally posted by shewulph

mhmm, i use simple crosshair, and like it a lot better.to hide your weapon, make your weapon hand hidden.
Thanks!
MrKshaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MrKshaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 8:58am
Didnt know this, very helpfull...
Krister
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 9:01am
i just use all settings & all controls 4 ut3 the way they had them ive NEVER SWITCHED THEM
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 9:38am
The theory is cross hairs make your aim more deliberate rather than fluid/natural. For vehicles set to normal as Dan rightly says otherwise when the flag carrier attaches to a vehicle your piloting you can't tell. Comms are good but there's often a delay when speaking hence you lose valuable time and make the flag carrier and yourself potentially easy prey.
I would tend to go with the experts and enable the cross hairs and see how it feels for you. Everything in this game is relative. After all there def nothing wrong with their aim!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 9:39am
Normal also gives you a unique crosshair for each weapon, which helps if you're using hidden weapons. Simple gives you the same crosshair for each weapon. Hidden weapons is the way to go. You'll get used to it in less than a week.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 9:44am
Maybe I'll tRi to get used to simple crosshairs again.. sometime..
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 10:45am
I've always used hidden weapons.  As for crosshairs I wish they had just a dot, but I have to rely on the simple crosshair which is not that bad.  I would suggest using the simple crosshair for the simple fact it allows for easier combos and you get used to just 1 crosshair and do not have to worry about any others.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:55am
Throughout my years of UT, I have always used a simple dot and hid my weapons. I feel much more comfortable and less distracted when there's a gun model on my screen. But I believe it is all a matter of preference.
name_is_clantag
PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:57am
my settings for weapons-
weapon hand- hidden
weapon crosshair-simple
ever since i did better
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 2:37pm
i've keep it all the same except for the making the weapons smaller.  i like seeing the weapon i've got in my hand and their own unique crosshair type.  just feels natural for me.  guess i like keeping it primitive.
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 4:16pm
I seem too suck equally no matter what setting i change it too.  Simple & Showing Weapons.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

I seem too suck equally no matter what setting i change it too.  Simple & Showing Weapons.
LOL, I know exactly what you mean. I like the "clean screen". I need any advantage that I can get even if it's all in my head.
GoDead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by QwEsT

i just use all settings & all controls 4 ut3 the way they had them ive NEVER SWITCHED THEM
even your sensitivities?

Only 366 days til yesterday!
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:00pm
i think im gonna go 2 simple crosshairs aswell.
i figure it cant make me NE worse so y not???Cry lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:47pm
I've recently switched to Simple and tweaked my settings, though I still have my weapons visible.  Right now, I'm at 14 Cont. Sens. and 8 Turn Accl...  It seems to have helped.. a little.. though I think settings is still not as important as getting a Dual Shock 3, or at least a new Sixaxis.
 Post Reply Post Reply