Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

wtf???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wtf???
    Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:02pm
ok i was just ingame and went outside to smoke a cig. when i returned the ps3 was off and the red light was blinking. i reset the ps3 and went back in game and just 5 seconds into it it just turned off and the red light was blinking again. then i try and resest it again and then the green light came on and then suddenly the red light came on and then started blinking yellow. wtf it wont do **** but repeat the same thing over and over. i reset it, the green light comes on, the ps3 makes a wierd noise then the red light comes on and hear a "bleep", then the red light blinks yellow THEN BACK TO SLOW BLINKING RED.

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:13pm

The same thing happens to me when I'm playing I get a message on the PS3 that says "turn off the console, and this overheated" and the red light flashes, then remains stable.

What I did was buy a cooler and ready, and not leave that message or the red light too.

Ouch

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:22pm
i get no messages, just a gleen light that turns yellow, then it turns off and the red light is blinking...

EnVy must be earned"
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:25pm
hey mate, happened to me, basiaclly, ur not gonna like this. ur gonna have to send it back to get repaired or replaced, cos its overheated and wont work, looks like your another victim of "the yellow light of death".
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:28pm
ohhh man, well for me that happens cuz here it's very hot weather.

I think your PS3 is dying, even if you have your warranty, I recommend sending it to sony, after that do not cost anything.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:29pm
f*** **** whore slut son of a bastard a** goddamn f**got. do u have any links, websites or tele numbers i should use? how much did it cost you? mine was the 80 gig that played everything ps-ps3 games the one with the silver crome trim. this sucks man...so what do i do next?

EnVy must be earned"
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by AK-47_Infection

ohhh man, well for me that happens cuz here it's very hot weather.

I think your PS3 is dying, even if you have your warranty, I recommend sending it to sony, after that do not cost anything.
is it the hard drive or what? how did you guys contact sony?

ipwn help me, your daddy works for them lol

EnVy must be earned"
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:32pm
hahaha, crazy name you put to that, "the yellow light of death". Ouch

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:43pm

may be man, would be the hard drive or the video card.

sony was charging me $ 80, but fortunately had guaranteed. and was free, jujuju

but I recommend something if you decide to give it to sony. verifies that everything is fine when you return, because Sony changed mine. was one of 80 gb and they gave me a 40 gb. bad fart, I realized six months later. Ouch

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:50pm
does any know about these guys or has anyone used these guys to repair their system?
they said the "yellow light of death" is usualy a cooling fan malfunction and its a common problem. they told me when i called that they could fix it for around $80, or send me a referbished one for $220 that they guarantee for 90 days. just wondering if anyone knows about these guys and knows they are legit. i just got screwed out of a time share in mexico so im a little paranoid when it comes to scams.

EnVy must be earned"
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:52pm
yeah the ps3 is literally f***ed, dont think it can actualy be repaired mate, happened to me and they said its unfixable!. that means unless u have data on a usb stick. you have lost all data, and everything else on your ps3, sorry man, it f***ing sucked with me, and since u have a better ps3, youre even worse off. so u gottta contact sony and replace it.
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:55pm
and too infection, the "yellow light of death" was the name of another thread about this lol
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 4:02pm

yup man, i done that, but the contract I signed does not allow me to complain. I told him that was an injustice. The contract stated that I had a month to claim any doubt, but it took 6 months.

my bad. Cry

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 4:04pm
happened to me 2 days ago, then i quit for the day and it works again. maybe thats just my ps3 though
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 4:08pm
you got the yellow light blinking and it wouldnt start up, just go back to blinking red?

EnVy must be earned"
MEGA_-TrON- View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MEGA_-TrON- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 4:44pm
I got the same ps3, but I bought the extra add on fan when I bought my ps3, that fan runs non stop keeps it super cool! Goodluck with ur problem, but sucks worse you lost all your data, trophies an crap.. :(
Black_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 4:46pm
You dont lose trophies. Theyre tied to your PSN account.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 5:01pm
hell $80 thats a hella lot better then when i called sony they asked $150..but yeah... just call up sony and give them the heads up they will send you a email and all you have to do is fill w.e out thats inthe email in and send it in
GohansSoul View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GohansSoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 5:06pm
same thing happend 2 my brothers ps3 but he doesnt have warranty so he found a youtube video 2 fix the problem but u have 2 keep fixing it like every couple of weeks/months cuz the yellow lights will come back......or pay sony $150 then they fix it 4 u
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 5:09pm

i saw a video about how to fix the ps3 too, but i prefere don't touch anything cuz, hehehe

i don't have lucky when i touch the things. hehehe Ouch

i think i'm a real Virus.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Black_star

I was wondering about that, so what happens if you get your trophies whilst not signed in? Is that what the "sync with server" option is for?
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 6:55pm
Well there are some ways to restore the YLOD... but its pretty complicated and its gonna cost you money either way.
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by JakeT111

Originally posted by Black_star

I was wondering about that, so what happens if you get your trophies whilst not signed in? Is that what the "sync with server" option is for?

Yah thats what the "sync with server" is for. After I got my new PS3 from Sony it gave me back all my trophies.
GoDead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 7:02pm
my ps3 was freezing everyday from getting too hot, so a stuck a big industrial fan right next to it... i didn't have any problems after that

Only 366 days til yesterday!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 7:17pm
latley my PS3 has been making a very loud fan like noise...it seems to only do it when its very hot in my house...like yesterday in CA it got up to 95 degrees & my PS3 started b****ing...i got so paranoid that i just shut it off & left it alone for a few hours...i dont have a warranty on my PS3....my PS3 is a 60gb (which ive heard are more vulnerable of getting the YLOD)....:( wat should i do? a person at gamestop told me to put a fan in the back of my PS3 & that i should clean it.....but idk how to clean it O.O...i just wanna do as much as possible to prevent my PS3 getting the YLOD!

& Envy i'm sorry about ur PS3 :( i'd ask my dad because he does infact work for Sony but he told me once " if it breaks, it breaks!" soooooo mean huh?? idk i guess he isn't allowed to give out Sony info... waaaaa D:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>