FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

wtf???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wtf???
    Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 7:35pm
to fix this you have to reflow the heat sync....
you got to take apart your PS3 and get to the mother bored then heat up
the heat syncs,put compound gel on it and thats it..very confuesing but the video on youtube
gives you step by step instructions on how to do it. better off payin 150$ but since i dont
have that money i just had to fix it myself..so yea, there you goShocked
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 8:19pm
i definitely wouldn't try fixing it myself because i would prolly *** up O.O it would suk to pay $150 tho damn
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 8:23pm
takeing it apart wasnt hard really.
putting it bck together was a PAIN IN THE a** Tho.
oh, if u decied to do it yourself, u void warrenty(witch is prittty obv.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:28pm
yes me too, puertoRICAN, i wouldn't try to fix my PS3, cuz, i'm always doing bad things when i'm fixing this kind of things, idk but i always finishing to destroy. hehehe

Ouch

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Apollo_Warrior View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Apollo_Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by iAM_OffTheEdGe

latley my PS3 has been making a very loud fan like noise...it seems to only do it when its very hot in my house...like yesterday in CA it got up to 95 degrees & my PS3 started b****ing...i got so paranoid that i just shut it off & left it alone for a few hours...i dont have a warranty on my PS3....my PS3 is a 60gb (which ive heard are more vulnerable of getting the YLOD)....:( wat should i do? a person at gamestop told me to put a fan in the back of my PS3 & that i should clean it.....but idk how to clean it O.O...i just wanna do as much as possible to prevent my PS3 getting the YLOD!

& Envy i'm sorry about ur PS3 :( i'd ask my dad because he does infact work for Sony but he told me once " if it breaks, it breaks!" soooooo mean huh?? idk i guess he isn't allowed to give out Sony info... waaaaa D:

yes, PS3 has a couple fan settings, so it can kick into high gear and make a ton of noise when they get really hot. Put a fan up by it to help cool it off, that help a ton. Also, mine was in an entertainment center, with the back facing the wall, and the side my cable box, so the fans had  no where to blow. So when I play i set it on a box outside of the entertainment center so nothing is around it and it gets better ventalation. Pain in the A** but worth it if it saves me $150.

Sorry about the bad luck Envy, I lose sleep over this everytime my PS3 kicks into high gear.
Also, there are tons of threads on Sony's forums about this. I don't have any of the links saved but have read them before. There is one to sign your name and date of crash/model of PS3/date purchased and stuff on.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 6:10am
just get the ps3 fan that snaps on the back!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 11:45am
Time to break out that PC copy Envy, send me friend invite on PC: KillinUGood
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 11:59am

You could pull the old Switch-A-Roo like i do all the time at BestBuy. Buy a new Ps3, clean ur old one up really well so it looks brand spankin, open the box very carefully so u cant tell that its opened, put your old one in and take the new one out, return the old one and get ur money back.......Sham WOW that was easy :P Thank you come again

AK-47_ML-79 View Drop Down
Team AK-47
Team AK-47

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47_ML-79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Nootsac

You could pull the old Switch-A-Roo like i do all the time at BestBuy. Buy a new Ps3, clean ur old one up really well so it looks brand spankin, open the box very carefully so u cant tell that its opened, put your old one in and take the new one out, return the old one and get ur money back.......Sham WOW that was easy :P Thank you come again

Thats what i'm saying, i told D-Mafia to do the same thing... he could even swap the HDD so that he keeps all his saved files and only has to register the machine on the PSN again...
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 3:56am
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Getting through to sony took dedication and ingenuity. I kept getting rerouted thru the same automated menus when i called customer care for ps3. Then i started pressing buttons that weren't mentioned in the menus and one of them worked. When the person answered they were shocked i found them. Bastards. Oh well. Moral of the story:

Your ps3 will go in and you will get a different one in return. It will be free or it will be 150 if your out of warranty. Or if your in warranty but  u bought from circuit city your totally f'd.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 3:57am
Originally posted by AK-47_ML-79

Originally posted by Nootsac

Thats what i'm saying, i told D-Mafia to do the same thing... he could even swap the HDD so that he keeps all his saved files and only has to register the machine on the PSN again...

oooh.....imagine the number of ways that decision could and would come back and bite you in the a** in some f'd up way down the road. the anticipation alone would eat me up.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12