Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble sleeping...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble sleeping...
    Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 6:55am
Anyone know how i could get to sleep easier?
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 9:20am
I a$$ume you mean without drugs or alcohol? No caffeine after 12:00pm, no late night snacks, make sure your bedroom is really dark, exercise, listen to pop music.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 10:36am

I drink several gallons of coffee during the day. So ive got this down to a science

Tylenol PM is a good option.

I usually have 1 or 2 gla$$es of some sort of alcohol beverage every evening (wine or beer work best. for some reason c0cktails make me want to stay up and drink more). Anything more than 2 and you wont wake up very easy.

White noise helps me. A fan, air conditioner, but not TV or music.

M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 11:57am
Take 2 benadryl.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

White noise helps me. A fan, air conditioner, but not TV or music.

Btw.. I use a fan to sleep and usually have a very hard time sleeping without one.

As for trying to get to sleep sooner.. well.. I'm not all too good at that, though I will say not drinking anything with caffeine in it after 10PM or 12AM works for me.. somewhat...
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 5:44pm
something natural and safe?  Try either the amino acid tryptophan or the hormone melatonin...I've heard both work well and they are safe and relatively cheap.  They are usually carried at most health food stores.
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 5:52pm

most effective method....have someone hit you with a hammer....

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by sickboogiemurder

Take that stuff they gave Michael Jackson, seems to have worked wonders!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 5:53pm
Warm milk, white bread during the day... I've actually got about 26 different methods in my latest copy of Mens Health... If I remember I'll edit this tomorrow with the proper list!
FoXy View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
His Wifeh

Post Options Post Options   Quote FoXy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 5:59pm

Just take the drugs

Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 6:08pm
Well you could have sex.

Or else what Bain said, do allot of excersice and stay off the cafeine! It has no nutritions what so ever, it only gives you a boost or help waking you up.

Some people breath with their mouth which is bad lol and occasionally eat a spider xD j/k
So yah breath with your nose.

Also clear your mind when you go to sleep.. it seems most people can't sleep well because they have to much stuff going on in their heads.
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

most effective method....have someone hit you with a hammer....

This is a pretty effective method, but the side effect is you might not wake up the next morning.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 6:19pm
i heard if you take some nyquil it'll knock you out quick
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Supreme_Venom

Well you could have sex.

Or else what Bain said, do allot of excersice and stay off the cafeine! It has no nutritions what so ever, it only gives you a boost or help waking you up.

Some people breath with their mouth which is bad lol and occasionally eat a spider xD j/k
So yah breath with your nose.

Also clear your mind when you go to sleep.. it seems most people can't sleep well because they have to much stuff going on in their heads.
you also forgot the fact that coffee is good for asthma so yes coffee is good for me :)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 6:28pm
The fan idea!! I'm addicted to it, I have it on even when its -40 degrees outside in the winter, can't sleep without it! Try it out, the constant humming (insert sexual joke here) will be soothing
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 6:40pm
What Zellot said.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Danjel8

OMG too funny, why didnt i think of that one....hey and now the little boys are sleeping better too ;)
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

The fan idea!! I'm addicted to it, I have it on even when its -40 degrees outside in the winter, can't sleep without it! Try it out, the constant humming (insert sexual joke here) will be soothing

Oh yeah! I like a constant humming before bed lol.
A-R_siIIyy View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote A-R_siIIyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 8:45pm
try smokin a big fatty
you want lobster? huh,im thinkin burger king
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Mommyrox

i'm the same way....i love my ceiling fan.  keep that baby going all night.  (no joke here)

and ladies, ladies.  there are youngins here. 
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Ether404

i'm the same way....i love my ceiling fan.  keep that baby going all night.  (no joke here)

WHAT! (PERV) LOL!
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by A-R_siIIyy

try smokin a big fatty
That works for me...That & having 2 fans blasting on me.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 8:58pm

Originally posted by Ether404

WHAT! (PERV) LOL!

who are you calling the PERV????

if you like humming so much...then you'll love this.....hahahahaha

If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

Originally posted by Danjel8

OMG too funny, why didnt i think of that one....hey and now the little boys are sleeping better too ;)

Hahahe even better comeback!!!
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 11:21am
yeah see i usually smoke weed to get to sleep but i'm out and im not going to have some for awhile
i don't take drugs i dont like the way they make my body feel
I like to be cold when i sleep so a heater is out of the question plus its like 80 degrees at night here so yeah
i have a really annoying fan that doesnt do anything but keep me awake
i think i need a pair of head phones and something for my eyes to block out EVERYTHING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>