Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

what are your methods of dodging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Twisted_unknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what are your methods of dodging
    Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 3:10pm
well i have been playing ut3 for quite a bit and i have seen many people jump left to right trying to dodge their opponent.. but i know there are many other methods of dodging (plenty of which i do not know) so here is a list of dodging methods i see people do while i am dueling, playing death match, etc.

1. side jumping left to right repeatedly
2. moving left to right repeatedly
3. moving left to right then side jumping in a random direction
4. moving left and right while double jumping
5. jumping in place to confuse your opponent for a side jump
6. diagonal jumping
7. hide behind a wall just to wall jump from around the corner
8. jump once/twice then wall jump
9. run in one direction.
10. jumping while running backwards
11. none of the above

post a number for which method of dodging you do, or post a number that you think is most useful. thanks and keep playing =D.

TwisTed_UnKnowN a.k.a UnKnowN_LEADER
life is a hard game to beat -_-..

HuManS...i h8 the CReAtIonS of God their so fOolisH.. :property of the UnKnowN:

Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 3:12pm
Depends on my enemy.
Black_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 4:13pm
Well if you always do the same thing someone will notice and you'll end up dead really fast. Just be unpredictable.
Ewokk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ewokk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 4:16pm
I just walk in a straight line LOL jk

I almost constantly strafe side to side, and I do a lot of wall jumps. And like Drokun said, it can change depending on my enemy.
Dear CTF,

I know I have been spending a lot of time dueling lately, but you will always be my first love.
MIGZ-1 View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Road Rampager

Post Options Post Options   Quote MIGZ-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 4:31pm
i run hoverboard latchon for a boost then scream to my team cover me im more important

RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 4:54pm
Dodging is used for moving around the map quickly as well. Also depending on your opponent u will need to change up ur dodging style. Dodging is a mind game so if ur easily predictable then u will not survive long

name_is_clantag
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 5:09pm
yeah its better to not actually have a particular jumping pattern, just be diferent alll he time, stafe, jump, different directions in each face off to be as unpredictable as possible basically
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 8:54pm
wait.. you can dodge in this game? 
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 8:57pm
I hide behind Potorikan. :-)
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

I hide behind Potorikan. :-)

lmao
Zellous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 9:26pm
Everyone movies side to side. So I just like to stand still sometimes, people always shoot around you, so I like to mix it up.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 9:30pm
i do a combination of almost all those things.. there's no set way to dodge because there's no set way people are shooting at you.  anybody's who's tried to kill the top foot soldiers like Rev and Kali etc learn this the hard way. 

btw, I h8 u rev...:P
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Potorikan

i do a combination of almost all those things.. there's no set way to dodge because there's no set way people are shooting at you.  anybody's who's tried to kill the top foot soldiers like Rev and Kali etc learn this the hard way. 

btw, I h8 u rev...:P
lol f*** u but ur right with this post theres no set way to dodge it all depends on who you are facing a person with good aim will use ur dodge against you

ex. il shoot to ur right forcing you to jump left watch u jump right thinkin imma shoot to ur left and guess what now ur hit...

so dodgin in a set pattern screws u up i use dodging for movement mainly and strafe most times when someone shoots
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by MIGZ-1

i run hoverboard latchon for a boost then scream to my team cover me im more important

I agree w/migz. It is hard for me to think of a scenario where he isn't the most important player in the game.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
MIGZ-1 View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Road Rampager

Post Options Post Options   Quote MIGZ-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by NecroBeestiality

I agree w/migz. It is hard for me to think of a scenario where he isn't the most important player in the game.

what can i say im priceless

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 12:32am
i usually wait to the last second to dodge, but for some damn reason, most of me deaths are from me mindlessly jumping into rockets that would have missed me otherwise!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 12:34am
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

i usually wait to the last second to dodge, but for some damn reason, most of me deaths are from me mindlessly jumping into rockets that would have missed me otherwise!
Well duh! That's the only way I ever kill you, I fire a rocket beside you and you jump into it. I thought you did that on purpose just to be funny.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 12:35am
haha, youve figured me out! damn
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 1:52am

Beyond Priceless.
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 3:50am

Beyond Priceless.

Yeah priceless is definitely an understatement. Migz's chi actually powers our sun which in turn powers our planet and so on and so fourth. So you can see where he shouldn't have to dodge anything. He just has to scream for cover. By scream, i mean scream with his mind. He just thinks of his team covering him and they are there instantly.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 4:18am

Beyond Priceless.

Yeah priceless is definitely an understatement. Migz's chi actually powers our sun which in turn powers our planet and so on and so fourth. So you can see where he shouldn't have to dodge anything. He just has to scream for cover. By scream, i mean scream with his mind. He just thinks of his team covering him and they are there instantly.

MiGz Fact # 234:  Migs doesn't get do push ups he pushes the world down.
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 9:52am
i use all of them cant use 1 or 2 cuz its too predictable
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
MIGZ-1 View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Road Rampager

Post Options Post Options   Quote MIGZ-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 10:13am
What can i say im just that good i make the world go round

QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Potorikan

Beyond Priceless.
MiGz Fact # 234:  Migs doesn't get do push ups he pushes the world down.
NO COPYING CHUCK NORRIS FACTS LoL or is Migz Chuck Norris?????? HMMMMMMMMMM
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 10:41am
MIGZ is Chuck Norris.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>