| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Polls: Do they suck or what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which kind of poll/thread do you find most self-serving?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [30.77%]
8 [20.51%]
7 [17.95%]
12 [30.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polls: Do they suck or what?
    Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 4:20pm
Let me know what you think of some of the polls/threads that go up here.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 6:19pm
I GOT YER POLE RIGHT HERE!!!
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

Hold on, let me get my bifocals. Geek
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 6:35pm
i voted best player poll
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Originally posted by ReverendCrow

Hold on, let me get my bifocals. Geek
dont forget the magnifying gla**+telescope
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 8:26pm
LOL, I was waiting for one of these....nice one!!
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 9:42pm
"Best Player" and "Favorite of the Clan" polls/ threads are getting way too over done anymore, more so the latter, as of recent.  Forget who's best or coolest (of *insert clan*) and play the damn game.

As for the middle one, I really don't care for it. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 9:54pm
what's wrong with the "do you like me" thread(s)? i'm offended because i made a thread like that just for fun,...i honestly don't give a flying F-U-C-K what people think about me :) so what's the big prob? i don't need professional help because i'm not mentally unstable.....call me an attention whore if you want COKK...everyone in this world wants attention whether it's positive or negative....its not opinion it's a fact because i'm taking a psychology unit in college. this forum for example.....when you create a topic/thread or simply reply to one....you want your voice heard, right? yeah so basically you want attention. kaythanksbye :)
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by iAM_OffTheEdGe

what's wrong with the "do you like me" thread(s)? i'm offended because i made a thread like that just for fun,...i honestly don't give a flying F-U-C-K what people think about me :) so what's the big prob? i don't need professional help because i'm not mentally unstable.....call me an attention whore if you want COKK...everyone in this world wants attention whether it's positive or negative....its not opinion it's a fact because i'm taking a psychology unit in college. this forum for example.....when you create a topic/thread or simply reply to one....you want your voice heard, right? yeah so basically you want attention. kaythanksbye :)
Thank you for this post. I knew it would eventually show up. If you really don't care, why are you offended?
Crack your psych book and look up Maslow's Hierarchy Of Needs.

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 10:32pm
i think they are all pointless topics, there almost nothing of value to be gained from a discussion on any of these subjects. i see them as ego threads. remember:
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 10:39pm
I voted for "Favorite Clan Member - Where's None of the Above?". All those type of polls should include that option!!!!
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 11:45pm
OMG! It was so difficult to choose between the "who is better" and the "do you like me?". There are at least on thread of each going on right now. So sad. SECURITY! GET SOME! For the love of god.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 11:59pm

2 things.

1: So your taking a college psych cla**. That qualifies you for what? Gives you what credibility? Everyone who has attended 1 year of college has taken that cla**.

2: Your right. Everyone (almost) does want attention. But there are varying degrees of that desire. Starting a thread soliciting the opinions of others regarding you seems to illustrate a pretty serious need, much more than say simply replying to a thread. Also, replying to a thread can be for informational and educational purposes exclusively. It doesn't have to be for attention though often it is.

I have nothing against you but if you really don't give a f*** about what people think about you you wouldn't have asked. Time is a finite commodity and you spent some of yours in order to post a thread inquiring what ppl think of you. That is a text book case of needing attention and needing it badly. Not that it is necessarily your fault, we don't know what events led up to you needing attention but if you claim you don't, I will call you on it. You do.

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 12:12am
"Best Player -The best players don't need marketing"

Amen! Seems oh I don't know....maybe remotely applicable to Envy? He didn't even need that poll about him vs strider in the first place! All we have to do is click on community, leaderboards, press square to switch to Pure Server Top Ranking and VOILA! There he is, the reigning #1  totoalEnVy! And you can even see how many nodes he has destroyed etc!

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 12:21am
Leaderboards dont mean sh t!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 12:29am
Originally posted by NecroBeestiality

Amen! Seems oh I don't know....maybe remotely applicable to Envy? He didn't even need that poll about him vs strider in the first place! All we have to do is click on community, leaderboards, press square to switch to Pure Server Top Ranking and VOILA! There he is, the reigning #1  totoalEnVy! And you can even see how many nodes he has destroyed etc!
I am one who thinks that the leaderboards don't tell the whole story. I'm not saying that Envy manipulated the elo because, I don't even know how it works. I do know that many people stop using their accounts once they get at or near the top.
Who knows, maybe my opinion would differ if I wasn't in the rankings basement.
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 2:09am

2 things.

1: So your taking a college psych cla**. That qualifies you for what? Gives you what credibility? Everyone who has attended 1 year of college has taken that cla**.

2: Your right. Everyone (almost) does want attention. But there are varying degrees of that desire. Starting a thread soliciting the opinions of others regarding you seems to illustrate a pretty serious need, much more than say simply replying to a thread. Also, replying to a thread can be for informational and educational purposes exclusively. It doesn't have to be for attention though often it is.

I have nothing against you but if you really don't give a f*** about what people think about you you wouldn't have asked. Time is a finite commodity and you spent some of yours in order to post a thread inquiring what ppl think of you. That is a text book case of needing attention and needing it badly. Not that it is necessarily your fault, we don't know what events led up to you needing attention but if you claim you don't, I will call you on it. You do.

damn lol.  well written bro. 
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 9:40pm
who gives a **** either way? my poles are for fun neways, just ask jp xDDD

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
NEMICH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NEMICH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 9:50pm
fuvk cokkenballs this sht makes me lmfao
u got some serious humour  Clap

vote got yer pole right here!! Clap
[PSN] NEMICH
[TAG] NEM_is_2ll

2lETHAl: Experts in Death - True Brothers
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 1:47pm

I had to go with "Best Player".

M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 2:07pm
I like some polls.
I dislike some polls
This one is a good one.
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

who gives a **** either way? my poles are for fun neways, just ask jp xDDD

All you have to do is look at the number of voters silly!

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 1:13pm
well i got your pole right here should be the obv winner =/

EnVy must be earned"
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 5:25pm

lol thats not even 25% of my total stats, and rankings dont mean ****. just shows how many points you can score and how fast...

EnVy must be earned"
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 9:29pm
u ready for that 2v2 yet envy??
!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>